shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW **REVEAL** Single Stone Reset **LOTS OF PICS**

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous. I don't see the link to the original sample but I really like the way your ring looks. I noticed the prongs and thought it was clever to incorporate it into the halo. The gallery is just beautiful.
I would be staring at it whenever I wasn't occupied by .... my job! Enjoy. :love:

mol42

Shiny_Rock
Your wedding set is one of the most beautiful sets I have seen!! :love: The gallery is stunning, and your stone is absolutely gorgeous. I think from far away, it looks like one beautiful BIG diamond, but up close, it is one beautiful detail after beautiful detail. If it were my ring, I'm sure I would while away hours per day staring at it!!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really STUNNING!! :love: :love: Beautiful stone, gorgeous setting. Now you've got me thinking about a reset for my OEC. :Up_to_something:

I was having a conversation recently with a jeweller, about a non-diamond halo for a red spinel I have, and she was explaining to me about how this could be done with engraving. I thought I had a picture in my mind, but your pictures clarified what she was probably talking about, and may serve as inspiration for that project! :)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
First, it's beautiful.

Second, custom rarely turns out *exactly* as imagined. My 23rd street stuff did not. Just little design elements I did not expect. I definitely have a rule now to wear it for a couple of weeks to see how I feel. In both cases I came to love it and prefer exactly as is (in the case of my earrings I actually loved them as soon as I saw it but it was different to what I was expecting.) the jeweler for both my projects, I think, definitely knew better than I did!

Your ring looks gorgeous as is, IMHO.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
absolutely gorgeous!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it's exceptionally lovely. Things rarely turn out as envisioned ... like, truly, almost NEVER. And just think: yours is ONE OF A KIND. Not a "copy" anymore! Hope you grow to love it even more than you thought you'd love the inspiration setting!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is the ring growing on you from when you first saw it and expected something a little different?

beckweed

Rough_Rock
I think your ring is the most beautiful ring I have ever seen. I think I've viewed this thread to look at your pictures like 100 times already =)

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
WOW, I was so surprised and thrilled to see my ring featured as Jewel of the Week!!! What a great honor. :D Thank you so much again to everybody for the compliments and advice - it's really amazing to have your support throughout this process!

I did end up going back into SS this week to talk about my options. Ari confirmed that increasing the width of the platinum around the stone would result in way too much metal and a distraction from the stone. I definitely don't want to do anything that impairs the overall design, so I'm crossing that option off the list.

We then talked about possibly recreating the ring with a cushion shaped diamond halo instead of the platinum. This would allow me to keep the amazing gallery design and also give me more of the look that I initially set out to find before I came across this design in particular. It would also give me additional finger coverage and additional "wow" factor (I know that my stone is already large, but there would be absolutely no chance of DSS with a diamond halo). Below is a pic of the ring I tried on in store - mine would be cushion shaped and prong set instead of bezel, but this is the only reference I have.

On the other hand, I love how the face of my current ring is unique and unlike any other ring I've seen. It is simple and elegant, and I don't have to worry about it ever going out of style or having a specific time period associated with it. When I think of changing it, I DO have a slight pang, which makes me think that I AM attached to it - or maybe that pang is just fear. :lol: I would hate to have a new ring created only to wish I had kept my original setting...

Ok, that's enough for now. Sorry for the rambling - just want to get all of these thoughts out of my brain! I will keep you guys updated as I work toward my ultimate decision!

_840.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know it is tempting to want to revise and revise and revise... and sometimes, some settings do need some tweaking to get to that desired state of perfection. IMO, your ring is ALREADY THERE! You have created a stunning ring that is unique and again, IMO, has just the perfect amount of metal surrounding your gorgeous stone. I don't believe it needs a halo, as you are showing above. I think you may find, after alterations, you might miss this classic beauty as it is right now.

But that's just me.... ;)) It is just so amazing as it is, I really hope it stays this way!

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
Enerchi|1347232634|3264887 said:
I know it is tempting to want to revise and revise and revise... and sometimes, some settings do need some tweaking to get to that desired state of perfection. IMO, your ring is ALREADY THERE! You have created a stunning ring that is unique and again, IMO, has just the perfect amount of metal surrounding your gorgeous stone. I don't believe it needs a halo, as you are showing above. I think you may find, after alterations, you might miss this classic beauty as it is right now.

But that's just me.... ;)) It is just so amazing as it is, I really hope it stays this way!

I do think you're right, and I am leaning toward keeping it the way it is. I think I was thrown off initially by the ring not looking exactly how I imagined it, and that made me start questioning if I made the right decision. Nobody wants to regret a purchase this big, so I think the doubt just took over there for a while. I definitely think it's an amazing ring and I'm loving it more the longer I wear it. I also think that a year plus of planning this reset has made me a bit neurotic - I'm sure my husband would definitely agree with that! :lol:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like it how it is! I think when you start into the diamond halo realm, then I think I'd want Victor Canera to make it. The one you have looks like a real antique setting.

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1347238356|3264943 said:
I really like it how it is! I think when you start into the diamond halo realm, then I think I'd want Victor Canera to make it. The one you have looks like a real antique setting.

Very valid point. :)

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, your ring is absolutely stunning! And the recut turned out beautifully! I was out of town when you posted it so I'm really glad your ring was jewel of the week! I can't get over the details of your new setting-it looks like elves made it!

If I were you I would leave the ring as-is. The setting is truly stunning. However, if you're not sold, I would suggest that you keep wearing it and live with it for several months, if not a year. If, after that time, you still want to make a change, then go for it. It's what you want-not what we want! :cheeky:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your ring just the way it is and I think the many responses here must help confirm that for you. I think when a larger stoned is haloed, the stone sometimes looses its definition and just looks like one huge sparkle. I'd hate for that to happen to your stone. I think the underside of the ring is just superb - sometimes the details are in other areas of the ring. I think your stone looks stunning in its current setting - nothing lost there and the stone is a real showstopper!

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock
It's your ring and you should definitely do what you feel most comfortable with. That said, it IS gorgeous, different and may feel different with a blingy complimentary wedding band?

GingerKaBluey

Rough_Rock
While I definitely see the appeal of the ring you tried on and love the ornate detail of it, your ring is also very beautiful. I can understand the disappointment you felt when seeing it, thinking it would look like the one you tried on though. I know I would have felt the same way if I didn't immediately feel in love with the new design. However, if I had the choice between leaving it as it is, and getting a halo instead, I would gladly keep it as it is. I think it is a very special ring and not a one in a million like a halo style ring is these days. Don't get me wrong, I love a nice halo, but this ring is just special. :) I hope that whatever you decide, you will love it and wear it happily!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
An elegant and gorgeous ring just the way it is!

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
I see what your missing from the sample and I would be upset too. but your ring is gorgeous! I love halos that are different from the standard diamond halo.

I'm planning a custom ring with singlestone with a platinum halo and im wondering did they show you anything of how your ring would look before it was made or did you just say you wanted something like the sample and that was it? I would have though they would consult with you that the halo would look different before it was made?

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
Are there any updates?

Did you decide to keep the ring as is?

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
lorrissey|1352852875|3305845 said:
Are there any updates?

There is an update! Although there's no doubt that this was a gorgeous ring, I ultimately realized that it wasn't the right ring for me. I was questioning it and doubting it way too much, and I don't think that's how it should be with your wedding ring. I worked with Single Stone on a new ring, and I just picked it up on Wednesday. I am in LOVE...it's absolutely my perfect ring. I will start a thread for it later this weekend so you can all see! :)

D

Deactivated member 42515

twosanguinehearts said:
lorrissey|1352852875|3305845 said:
Are there any updates?

There is an update! Although there's no doubt that this was a gorgeous ring, I ultimately realized that it wasn't the right ring for me. I was questioning it and doubting it way too much, and I don't think that's how it should be with your wedding ring. I worked with Single Stone on a new ring, and I just picked it up on Wednesday. I am in LOVE...it's absolutely my perfect ring. I will start a thread for it later this weekend so you can all see! :)
Yay!!!!! I CANNOT wait!!!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Oh I can't wait to see it!

monidda

Rough_Rock
I am completely mesmerized by your beautiful ring and cannot wait to see what the new one is, I bet is spectacular :) Cannot wait to see it !!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, this is quite an update! Looking forward to seeing the new ring!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stunning! It is beautiful!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very anxious to see what you came up with - we need pictures ASAP - ha!

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Wow, this was an extremely elegant ring, at least you've got the photos! :)
Perhaps nyquestioner, who is planning a three stone oec ring will be inspired by your beautiful 'ring that was'.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I'm dead keen to see what in the world could be more perfect than this stunner. You've got us impatient here... :devil:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Ok, we need a thread on this new ring ASAP!!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results