• B. Get the pears for a 3 stone

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • C. Keep your split shank halo

Votes: 40 87.0%

• Total voters

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
K. So. I’m contemplating these 2 options. Even though I still love my setting. But here are my two new choices.

Choice 1 is a Natalie K setting. What I love. Super blingy 3 stone and trapezoids are an added bonus.

Choice 2 is harvesting these pears, tcw 1, to use for a 3 stone.

I have a 2.52 round.

Feel free to enable or dissuade!

Attachments

• 098B6F4C-97A3-48B9-AA13-8EA101FBF82B.jpeg
    098B6F4C-97A3-48B9-AA13-8EA101FBF82B.jpeg
    171.9 KB · Views: 98
  • 4B3E8940-99D6-4F92-B10F-4CCCE65460C6.png
    4B3E8940-99D6-4F92-B10F-4CCCE65460C6.png
    385.6 KB · Views: 79
  • FCC0941F-4B99-4E07-9512-AEFFCE0EE45E.jpeg
    FCC0941F-4B99-4E07-9512-AEFFCE0EE45E.jpeg
    195.6 KB · Views: 80
  • F6087995-11F0-4DC9-A5F4-BD037FF821F6.jpeg
    F6087995-11F0-4DC9-A5F4-BD037FF821F6.jpeg
    193.5 KB · Views: 79

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like your current setting better than the other two. I wouldn’t invest in the Natalie K setting as you like to upgrade too often. I also find it very busy. The pear side stone idea is great but again not sure I would invest the money in a custom made ring for you because a) you might not like it finished or b) would want another setting and unless you could trade it in, money would be lost. I think your current ring is beautiful!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also like your current setting the most of all three options.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like your current setting better than the other two. I wouldn’t invest in the Natalie K setting as you like to upgrade too often. I also find it very busy. The pear side stone idea is great but again not sure I would invest the money in a custom made ring for you because a) you might not like it finished or b) would want another setting and unless you could trade it in, money would be lost. I think your current ring is beautiful!
Ty! What if I add that the Natalie K is in stock and on sale? It’s 1100 dollars.
Also. I think The pears are sooo yummy. I feel like they are not the typical pears Bc they seem rounder? If I went that route, the setting would be a keeper. Meaning I would keep or repurpose the pears for any 3 stone. The pear setting is priced at 1300.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
+1 for your current setting, it shows off your stone so nicely :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@nala your current setting wins for me. It's beautiful and the others are pretty but I love the one you have now best.

But I am only answering since you asked and the only right answer is the one *you* prefer and love most.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted for your current set.

IMHO, unless you halo the pears and your centre round stone, it would not be blingy enough for you as a simple 3-stone ring, based on what I can gather from the pics you have posted in the past.

DK :))

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted current because I think the overall shape and style of your split shank is more flattering to your hand. The Natalie K to me looks bulky and squarish compared to your current.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ty! What if I add that the Natalie K is in stock and on sale? It’s 1100 dollars.
Also. I think The pears are sooo yummy. I feel like they are not the typical pears Bc they seem rounder? If I went that route, the setting would be a keeper. Meaning I would keep or repurpose the pears for any 3 stone. The pear setting is priced at 1300.
Do you like one of the options better than what you have now? The heart wants what the heart wants but I personally prefer your current one. The prices on both of them sound pretty good but only if they would be keepers.

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
I liked the picture of your current setting best, even before realizing it was a picture of your current setting. It suits your diamond so well!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your current setting is way prettier than the other two that you are contemplating. Believe me, nobody understands your "reset-itis" problem more than i do... I am in the process of having my engagement diamond reset for the third time now AND i also have another diamond solitaire ring that i alternate with my ER on my ring finger. Nevertheless, even after all those options and changes, nothing is ever good enough. I wonder...even after another reset, will we ever be happy? Or are we going to continue spending money and playing with our diamonds in a never ending game, which doesn't ever lead to satisfaction? (and i really hope that it doesn't lead to our diamonds getting scratched, chipped or otherwise damaged by this continuous resetting...).
I think that the continuous and vain pursuit of perfection is maybe due to the fact that after all those resets, the ring doesn't bare any more the sentimental value that makes it unique and special to a lady. The original engagement ring that the person that you love chose for you and proposed with, will always have this great sentimental value, which makes it unique, regardless of size, value and design. It is THE ring. And that feeling, in most cases, will make it look perfect in the eyes of the happy recipient. It is this element that makes you look at the ring from a different perspective and without obsessing over tiny details. But from the moment you let go of that one and only ring, and you start resetting, there is no excuse and no reason to overlook any flaw and every small detail becomes a huge issue.
I've been a PS member for many many years now. I know that many of our members have reset and found happiness and full satisfaction. It is possible. But then, there are cases like us...the difficult ones, who have tried again and again without success. I don't know whether a break from all the bling obsession would help. I have considered only wearing my plain gold wedding band for a while and allowing my thoughts to settle before starting over...
My dear @nala, please excuse the threadjack but i just wanted to share my thoughts with you and the other friends here, because i'm suffering from the same "disease" and i feel extremely frustrated...

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer your current setting to the others

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your current setting is way prettier than the other two that you are contemplating. Believe me, nobody understands your "reset-itis" problem more than i do... I am in the process of having my engagement diamond reset for the third time now AND i also have another diamond solitaire ring that i alternate with my ER on my ring finger. Nevertheless, even after all those options and changes, nothing is ever good enough. I wonder...even after another reset, will we ever be happy? Or are we going to continue spending money and playing with our diamonds in a never ending game, which doesn't ever lead to satisfaction? (and i really hope that it doesn't lead to our diamonds getting scratched, chipped or otherwise damaged by this continuous resetting...).
I think that the continuous and vain pursuit of perfection is maybe due to the fact that after all those resets, the ring doesn't bare any more the sentimental value that makes it unique and special to a lady. The original engagement ring that the person that you love chose for you and proposed with, will always have this great sentimental value, which makes it unique, regardless of size, value and design. It is THE ring. And that feeling, in most cases, will make it look perfect in the eyes of the happy recipient. It is this element that makes you look at the ring from a different perspective and without obsessing over tiny details. But from the moment you let go of that one and only ring, and you start resetting, there is no excuse and no reason to overlook any flaw and every small detail becomes a huge issue.
I've been a PS member for many many years now. I know that many of our members have reset and found happiness and full satisfaction. It is possible. But then, there are cases like us...the difficult ones, who have tried again and again without success. I don't know whether a break from all the bling obsession would help. I have considered only wearing my plain gold wedding band for a while and allowing my thoughts to settle before starting over...
My dear @nala, please excuse the threadjack but i just wanted to share my thoughts with you and the other friends here, because i'm suffering from the same "disease" and i feel extremely frustrated...
A lot to digest here, lol. I want to say that I know that I have a problem— I love the novelty of the new dress for my stone. I love the excitement and anticipation. I love all the possibilities that a new setting offers in terms of a new look. I’m not looking for perfection. I would tire even of that. I view a reset as a shopping activity. Nothing else but that. Once upon a time I used to shop for purses. I’d pick up an expensive purse at least twice a year. Little luxuries that I indulged in. That’s how I view my resets. A little luxury that I am fortunate enough to still enjoy and wear in good health. I don’t compare myself to others in that sense. I avoid an expensive custom reset because I know I will eventually tire of it, no matter how flawless. I like that each reset leads to a different vibe. I don’t change my hair or clothes style—I’m all about comfort. But my ring. That is the one part of my appearance that I can comfortably switch style wise. I can go from romantic to practical to gaudy to wild to eccentric to traditional to .....you get the pic. All for me. No one need notice.
But thanks for sharing. I’m sorry that you are feeling frustrated. I feel frustrated when I have to upgrade my technology. Lol. I just replaced my iPhone 7 and believe me, I tried to avoid it for as long as I could! I have to upgrade a tv and my head is spinning with all the choices. But resetting— oh, that’s a treat for me! Maybe your frustration is a sign that you are ready to stop resetting. Good luck. Start a thread so we can all chime in!

Last edited:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update. For now, I am passing on both. I do love the Natalie k even with its bulky wall of bling—but it doesn’t stack well. The pears. The pears are gorgeous, but I can’t help but wonder if they would look like wings? My plan is to stalk the pears and if they are still there come xmas time, maybe that will be my gift. Lol.
My setting. I have to admit that I do love it. It matches my stone beautifully. One pet peeve that I have tho is that Bc I have an I color stone and the melee are probably an I, I notice the color difference with my colorless diamond band and it makes me long for a halo that is more colorless...sigh.

Reactions: AV_

kimf79

Shiny_Rock
Yours is nicer just to chime in! So I wouldnt change it if I were you.

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@nala, is this the one you let me try on in Carlsbad? If so, I'm glad you're keeping it. I l :kiss2:ve it!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree! I love your split shank original better!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results