shape
carat
color
clarity

Reset ering or get eternity band instead? I''m finally going forward!

Get eternity band to wear with current solitaire, or reset ering with sidestones?

• Round with half moons and pave shank, similar to this - get eternity later

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Micropave set like this, no shared-prong eternity

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone, I know I''ve been talking about doing a reset for some time now, and as our 3 year anniversary is coming up in May, my husband gave me a budget and the go-ahead. I''m finally going to do it!!! The thing is, that the budget will either cover a reset for my ering, or a beautiful shared-prong eternity band, but not both. I am undecided as to what to proceed with first (I can do the other as another project in the next year or two) so I was hoping that you guys could help me decide which to do first.

What I''m thinking is probably the best choice is to just get a platinum, shared prong eternity band to wear with my current solitiare (I''m thinking around 7 pointers) and then reset my ering for my 5th anniversary or something. I think this may be good because the eternity band will look good with virtually every ering that I like. However, I REALLY want some sidestones or something for my ering, so maybe I should add sidestones instead, make it a big, blingy ering, and then just pair it with a plain 2 mm plat band.

Here are the poll options, with pics attached - let me know what you think ...

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 11:41:36 AM
Author:vespergirl
Hey everyone, I know I''ve been talking about doing a reset for some time now, and as our 3 year anniversary is coming up in May, my husband gave me a budget and the go-ahead. I''m finally going to do it!!! The thing is, that the budget will either cover a reset for my ering, or a beautiful shared-prong eternity band, but not both. I am undecided as to what to proceed with first (I can do the other as another project in the next year or two) so I was hoping that you guys could help me decide which to do first.

What I''m thinking is probably the best choice is to just get a platinum, shared prong eternity band to wear with my current solitiare (I''m thinking around 7 pointers) and then reset my ering for my 5th anniversary or something. I think this may be good because the eternity band will look good with virtually every ering that I like. However, I REALLY want some sidestones or something for my ering, so maybe I should add sidestones instead, make it a big, blingy ering, and then just pair it with a plain 2 mm plat band.

Here are the poll options, with pics attached - let me know what you think ...
I would do the reset. You said in your post that you have been thinking about resetting for some time now. I would do that first and buy the shared prong later.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Here is a pic of the first option with a fake eternity band that I got to take the picture:

spcurrent1.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Here is a blurry pic of Hammy''s ring, which is one of my very favorite looks - tapered baguettes and double claw prongs. I could wear this with my current band or a plain plat band, and then get the eternity in a couple of years.

hammy12.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
This is the "blingiest" look that I like - an RB with step-cut half moon sides, and a pave shank (I would probably have Leon make it - it wouldn''t be this ring exactly). I don''t like the halo, but the pic is just to get the idea. I would wear this with a very thin plain plat band now, and get an eternity ring later.

tacorihalfmoons1.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Or, this last option would be a 2mm matching micropave set by Leon, like diamondnut''s. I also like the space between the two rings, like she has. The only thing that I''m worried about is the delicacy of the micropave for everyday wear. I also am not sure that I could afford to do the whole set right now, and I am not sure that I would only want to get one and wait for the other ...

diamondnuts1.jpg

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I love the baguette sides and thats what I voted for such a classic look, I love pave but for me personally I am a klutz and would somehow manage to damage the ring I am sure.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohh more options appeared on your poll after I voted! I love the Leon set but I agree it might not be practical for everyday use.

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 11:50:53 AM
Author: vespergirl
Here is a pic of the first option with a fake eternity band that I got to take the picture:
I realy like this look... but I also really like the delicate micropave you put up last... I think if you''ve been wanting to reset the solitaire for a while now... you should do it! Maybe you''re ready to move on from your simple solitaire?

My other thought was that if you get the nice blingy eternity... you will have a nice blingy ring to wear alone on the more casual days... and that''s what motivated ME to get mine!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a better pic of the 3 stone look that I like with the step cut sidestones - I like this one better than the Tacori I posted - just imagine it with an RB instead of a cushion ...

catherine333.jpg

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Um, I absolutely adore the micropave look. Yum Yum Yum
18.gif

icet

Rough_Rock
Oooh! I love the tapered bagettes or the 3 stone! The LM is sooo pretty but i would be scared to wear it every day, im pretty rough on my rings=( I would reset first. Eternity bands are gorgeous and go with everything but you may find another band that would go with your new setting better =_)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/22/2009 11:53:10 AM
Here is a blurry pic of Hammy''s ring, which is one of my very favorite looks - tapered baguettes and double claw prongs. I could wear this with my current band or a plain plat band, and then get the eternity in a couple of years.
HI:

I adore this style. Classic and elegant. Worn alone or with a band would be very tasteful.

cheers--Sharon

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Vesper- I didn''t vote because first I think you should decide on one style of a reset and then the wedding band that will go with it and then decide which to do first.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 12:36:36 PM
Author: february2003bride
Vesper- I didn''t vote because first I think you should decide on one style of a reset and then the wedding band that will go with it and then decide which to do first.
You''re totally right. I think the reason that I have been leaning towards a 2.5 mm shared prong eternity, is because I like the way that looks with a variety of styles - solitaires or sidestones. So, I figure that if I go with that, I know that I will love it, but since I am STILL undecided on exactly what I want for my reset, that will buy me some time to continue figuring out what type of sidestones I want for my ering. I don''t love matchy sets (except fopr Diamondnut''s type) so unless I go with that particular style, I don''t need a band that exactly matches my ering ...

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Tapered baguettes, it''s one of my favorite settings of all time, so classic and beautiful. LOVE IT!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 12:40:28 PM

You''re totally right. I think the reason that I have been leaning towards a 2.5 mm shared prong eternity, is because I like the way that looks with a variety of styles - solitaires or sidestones. So, I figure that if I go with that, I know that I will love it, but since I am STILL undecided on exactly what I want for my reset, that will buy me some time to continue figuring out what type of sidestones I want for my ering. I don''t love matchy sets (except fopr Diamondnut''s type) so unless I go with that particular style, I don''t need a band that exactly matches my ering ...
Vesper- what about having the diamonds in your wedding band taken out and made into an eternity band? An asscher eternity band would be gorgeous!!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 12:13:51 PM
Here''s a better pic of the 3 stone look that I like with the step cut sidestones - I like this one better than the Tacori I posted - just imagine it with an RB instead of a cushion ...
I really like this, but voted for the baguette (HW style).
If I hadn''t gone the halo route (which I''m glad I did)..the setting with baguette sides would have been my next choice. Beautiful!
You have been wanting to reset for awhile, so I would just go for it!!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 12:59:44 PM

Date: 3/22/2009 12:40:28 PM

Vesper- what about having the diamonds in your wedding band taken out and made into an eternity band? An asscher eternity band would be gorgeous!!
That would be a great idea, except my asscher band isn''t eternity - it''s only 12 diamonds, halfway around. Besides, I already have other plans for my wedding band
31.gif
I''m going to wear it on my right hand stacked between my rose gold micropave bands. I already wear it like this sometimes, and I love this combo:

wbandstack.JPG

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I would do the eternity. It leaves more options for how you want to wear it. Together, seperate etc.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
I love looks #2 and #3! Definitely do the reset and get the eternity band later
3.gif

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vespergirl,

I have a shared prong eternity, so i thought for sure before i openend the thread that i would vote for that option, but i found myself really really drawn to that tapered baguette ring - it''s stunning!!!!

I still think your current band would look nice with it for now, and a blingy eternity would go great with it later!

p.s. my second choice would be the three stone leon -- i love the bullet side stones or half moons too (i much prefer that to the first tacori pave three stone as well).

Can''t wait to see what you choose!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the tapered baguette sides and the option to get a new eternity band in the future....but I must say that I LOVE your wedding ring that you have now
30.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for your replies, everyone. One thing that I probably should look into is the cost of getting a Leon reset. I would want my ering set in plat, with either the baguette, bullet or step-cut half moon sidestones, about .5 cttw. Does anyone have any idea what that setting would cost from Leon? I wonder if it would be beyond my current budget, which is $2-3K - I know that I can get the eternity band that I want for that price, but I''m not sure about the ering setting.

If it is, can anyone suggest another jeweler that could do a setting with the delicate double -claw prongs like Leon does? It would be nice to get some other price quotes if Leon is going to be too spendy ...

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Your solitaire is gorgeous. I just had my gold solitaire reset in platinum with the tapered baguettes, after 27 years in the gold solitaire. I love it. It sort of breaks up all the round stones with my anniversary band, which is 4.85 carats, RB stones.
In your case, I would put those magnificent micropave bands on either side of the reset. They are stunning. You could have them rhodium dipped to match the platinum as a temporary solution. I know you love the rose gold, but the setting and workmanship would be gorgeous with your new ring. That is what I did with my anniversary band, since it was yellow gold, for the time being. I will reset it in platinum later.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi Vesper!

I would reset your e-ring first....But I am not sure I would go with the micro-pave or too much pave in general- even though I LOVE that look- I think that daily wear and tear would do a job on it...Especially b/c I know you have a small child, etc. I personally LOVE a RB solitaire with a blingy eternity band, but you seem to want to get away from the solitaire look? If so, my vote would be for the 3 stone Leon- I love that as well!!! But I would probably stay away from the pave on the sides with that ring too!!! Then you can always add the w-band later, b/c depending on what your reset looks like, that is going to dictate which band you go with...
You cant go wrong with anything though!!! Cant wait to see what you choose!!! Good luck!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
I would do your reset first for sure....that way you know that the eternity band will look exactly right with what you pick out. I am having such a hard time finding the right band with my 3 stone and I think I am just going to go plain platinum. I thought it would be super easy to pair it up with an eternity band, but it is not. I love the look of the solitaire with the eternity band, or I love the Leon 3 stone which I think would look great with a plain band.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
I adore your set now!
30.gif

But if I had to choose, I would vote for the reset that you want right now. Eternity bands go with everything, but once you get your reset - who knows? You might want a non-matchy set or something completely different might surprise you with how well it complements your new e-ring.

Now that I''m in full time collecting mode, I''ve eschewed all distractions/appetizer purchases in favor of getting the real deal - what I really truly want instead of temporary fixes.

Your case sounds like a win-win, though. An eternity band is really a gorgeous piece and you can always reset later. But if what you truly want is the reset and that''s the itch, focus on that first! Then you can match the PERFECT size eternity or whatever to that dream setting.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
You have amazing taste, so I can''t wait to see it!

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
I voted reset now for the same reasons the posters above me stated. Who knows if your shared prong band will look right w/ the future reset. I voted bags :)

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote get eternity band because if you have 3 other options then you really are not set on one and don''t know your own mind.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results