shape
carat
color
clarity

Rescued Antique Art Deco Diamond and Tsavorite Brooch

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I could see it on a beautiful red sweater - those diamonds and green stones would really pop! Such a fun history for it - makes it such a special piece for you!!

And a black blouse or sweater - those diamonds would really stand out on a black background too - just not for Christmas - lol!

I love having pieces that have some history. It would be gorgeous on a red or green sweater. Ahh let's face it, it's gorgeous on anything, lol.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
So, so beautiful! And the backstory is wonderful as well.

Do you know the significance of the design, or is there one? Sometimes old pieces had definite meanings in the design. =)2

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, so beautiful! And the backstory is wonderful as well.

Do you know the significance of the design, or is there one? Sometimes old pieces had definite meanings in the design. =)2

I'm not aware of any significance to the design. I have been searching though and have not found another one like it.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On thank goodness. The mere idea of taking this beauty apart to make eternity bands made me wince :eek-2: Thank you for rescuing her @Catmom!! :love:

And a huge yes to the hair clip or scarf clip idea, how much fun would that be? With the oblong shape and that bit of bright green :love:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On thank goodness. The mere idea of taking this beauty apart to make eternity bands made me wince :eek-2: Thank you for rescuing her @Catmom!! :love:

And a huge yes to the hair clip or scarf clip idea, how much fun would that be? With the oblong shape and that bit of bright green :love:

I know, I can't even imagine doing that. Oh can you imagine a beautiful french twist hairdo with this on the side? It would be gorgeous!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's funny seeing you wear it horizontally because my first instinct was that it was a vertical brooch! I think rotating it will allow the negative empty space in the middle to help draw the eye down to the floral motif (and look less huge) when it is vertical!

LOL and I never considered wearing it vertically until the hair clip idea. I can see it vertically on the side of a french twist. Now that would be stunning.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it. What a rescue. I can also imagine that as a hair clip. It’s beautiful and the diamonds are so bright and white. Congratulations to you and your jeweler on another save!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is so beautiful @Catmom ! Thank goodness you and your jeweler were able to rescue it...it would be so sad to see these
pieces disappear!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it. What a rescue. I can also imagine that as a hair clip. It’s beautiful and the diamonds are so bright and white. Congratulations to you and your jeweler on another save!

Thank you! The entire piece looks brand new which makes me sort of sad that the grandmother didn't think she could wear it more often.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is so beautiful @Catmom ! Thank goodness you and your jeweler were able to rescue it...it would be so sad to see these
pieces disappear!

Thanks! I just can't imagine it being turned into eternity bands.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely brooch. I am so glad it's with you and not being torn apart. It's a piece of art! And history!

Thank you! I'm so happy that my jeweler knew I would rescue it.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I don't really wear a lot of scarves but for this piece maybe I will. LOL

ive never worn one in my life (i mean we are talking about a Jackie O or Queen Elizbeth scarf ) but for that clip i would !

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Catmom It is gorgeous! Thank goodness that you rescued it and that your jeweller had the presence of mind to offer it to you.

Thank you Crimson! She knows me so well unfortunately, lol. At least my hubby may think that.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, I had to try it. Bear in mind I only have one scarf down here in FL and I looked a bit ridiculous, but she showed well and sparkled like mad on that scarf! Bad picture ahead.....

IMG_2216 (002).jpg

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Crimson! She knows me so well unfortunately, lol. At least my hubby may think that.

We all need a jeweller like that! Hope you will have many happy experiences while wearing your beautiful brooch. I imagine it would be an effective conversation starter :mrgreen2:

Mcgregor

Shiny_Rock
What a great jeweler you have that they realized this beauty should not be dismantled. And lucky you to have a great jeweler who knows that you would come to the rescue of such a beautiful piece.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We all need a jeweller like that! Hope you will have many happy experiences while wearing your beautiful brooch. I imagine it would be an effective conversation starter :mrgreen2:

She is a gem, no pun intended lol. I imagine it will, especially in low lights.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great jeweler you have that they realized this beauty should not be dismantled. And lucky you to have a great jeweler who knows that you would come to the rescue of such a beautiful piece.

She is a custom jeweler but also loves vintage pieces. I'm so glad that she was the one that the client brought this brooch to and not someone who would have just taken it apart.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on that beautiful treasure:kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results