color
clarity

Rescued Antique Art Deco Diamond and Tsavorite Brooch

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, I had to try it. Bear in mind I only have one scarf down here in FL and I looked a bit ridiculous, but she showed well and sparkled like mad on that scarf! Bad picture ahead.....

IMG_2216 (002).jpg

that's fabulous !!!
much more excitting than an eternity band i just must say !

do you ever get cooler wheather in Florida ?

just on the hair clip ...
last night i was watching Charmed (its nice easy pretty tv to veg out to) lots of choker wearing which is a bonus
but one of the girls was wearing a hair clip this shape and it looked lovelly

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, I had to try it. Bear in mind I only have one scarf down here in FL and I looked a bit ridiculous, but she showed well and sparkled like mad on that scarf! Bad picture ahead.....

IMG_2216 (002).jpg

Ohhh yeah. This was made for scarves :love:

Guess you’ll be needing to acquire a second house further north to scarf up, huh? :bigsmile:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
that's fabulous !!!
much more excitting than an eternity band i just must say !

do you ever get cooler wheather in Florida ?

just on the hair clip ...
last night i was watching Charmed (its nice easy pretty tv to veg out to) lots of choker wearing which is a bonus
but one of the girls was wearing a hair clip this shape and it looked lovelly

I only spend part of my time in FL. The rest is up in northern IL so we get tons of cold weather. I put my hair up into a french twist every once in a while. I think it would be gorgeous on that!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhh yeah. This was made for scarves :love:

Guess you’ll be needing to acquire a second house further north to scarf up, huh? :bigsmile:

Hahahaha, well I already have one in northern IL. Sweaters and scarves are the norm 3/4s of the year!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only spend part of my time in FL. The rest is up in northern IL so we get tons of cold weather.
Oh, perfect!! You've got all the scarf decor, maybe just need a few more scarves :love:

I put my hair up into a french twist every once in a while. I think it would be gorgeous on that!
I cannot wait for photos of this. This will be *epic*. How much does the brooch weigh? D'you think you'll be able to wear it without additional pins?

Catmom I am absolutely loving your bling adventures lately!! Your opal thread remains one of my all-time faves. And brooches in french twists? Sign me up for all of it :love:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, perfect!! You've got all the scarf decor, maybe just need a few more scarves :love:

I cannot wait for photos of this. This will be *epic*. How much does the brooch weigh? D'you think you'll be able to wear it without additional pins?

Catmom I am absolutely loving your bling adventures lately!! Your opal thread remains one of my all-time faves. And brooches in french twists? Sign me up for all of it :love:

LOL happy to entertain and thank you! And I have to say you guys were right. I love it in my hair. Hubby was initially skeptical but after I got it up he thought it looked fabulous in my hair. I had to enlist him to take the photos. It's not heavy at all and very wearable in hair. Oh the fun I am going to have!!!!!

IMG_2223 (002).jpg

IMG_2224 (002).jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL happy to entertain and thank you! And I have to say you guys were right. I love it in my hair. Hubby was initially skeptical but after I got it up he thought it looked fabulous in my hair. I had to enlist him to take the photos. It's not heavy at all and very wearable in hair. Oh the fun I am going to have!!!!!

IMG_2223 (002).jpg

IMG_2224 (002).jpg

no disrespect to the grandma that owned and loved it before
but this brooch has been waiting its entire life for you to come along

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One from further back.

IMG_2221 (002).jpg

This is spectacular @Catmom. You pull it off so casually... The colours suit your hair. You're going to have to show your jeweller these photos!

And to think that another jeweller might have taken this apart for two eternity bands... ;( Daisy's right on, it really was waiting for you ❤️

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is spectacular @Catmom. You pull it off so casually... The colours suit your hair. You're going to have to show your jeweller these photos!

And to think that another jeweller might have taken this apart for two eternity bands... ;( Daisy's right on, it really was waiting for you ❤️

That's what kills me. It's in such perfect condition because of the very light wear and yet it still could have been dismantled to make eternity bands. I want to cry just thinking about it. I think it was meant to be.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
It makes an amazing barrette! What a versatile piece - gorgeous!!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This brooch is beautiful! The diamonds are super fiery and love the pop of green. So happy you saved it.

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow! Its a divine brooch:kiss2:, thank goodness your Jeweller was so sympathetic to it and thought of you too. It would have been Tragic if that was broken up! Such history and beauty could have been lost to the world. Very well done to you both.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is such a gorgeous piece @Catmom :kiss2: I keep going back and looking at the pics, makes me happy to look at it. Those marquise diamonds! If I owned this I'd wear it every chance I got. It looks great with the scarf. So glad you rescued this!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This brooch is beautiful! The diamonds are super fiery and love the pop of green. So happy you saved it.

Thanks kgizo, I'm very happy we could save it. The diamonds are amazing and of course I love tsavorite.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Its a divine brooch:kiss2:, thank goodness your Jeweller was so sympathetic to it and thought of you too. It would have been Tragic if that was broken up! Such history and beauty could have been lost to the world. Very well done to you both.

I agree! I love my jeweler. It makes me sad to think of all the other pieces like this that have been lost.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is such a gorgeous piece @Catmom :kiss2: I keep going back and looking at the pics, makes me happy to look at it. Those marquise diamonds! If I owned this I'd wear it every chance I got. It looks great with the scarf. So glad you rescued this!

Aww thank you junebug17! You can't see it in the pics but each stone has the little open culets I just love. It is going to get a ton of wearing time. But I will always wear it at Christmas to honor the grandmother, even if it's only in my hair.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is gorgeous - I love it.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results