shape
carat
color
clarity

Rescued Antique Art Deco Diamond and Tsavorite Brooch

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hadn't planned on this but when my jeweler calls..... A client of hers inherited a 1920s Art Deco brooch that originally belonged to her Grandmother. When her Grandmother owned it the only time she ever wore it was at Christmas. It was then packed away for the year until the next Christmas came along. Kind of sweet but kind of sad at the same time. I can imagine how fancy she felt at Christmas. It was passed down to the client's Mother who never wore it. It finally ended up with the client who also never wears it. She is not a brooch person. She brought it to my jeweler with the thought that she might take the stones and make two eternity bands from it. My jeweler made her a deal that she would make her two eternity bands from other diamonds if she would keep this piece intact and make an even trade. My jeweler knows me too well and figured I would rescue it from her and of course she was right. It's platinum with about 2 cts of very clean diamonds, 3 of which are old cut marquise. Plus some small tsavorites as the stems. The milgraining is pristine and you can tell it was hardly ever worn. I'm so glad I had the opportunity to rescue her.

IMG_2167 (002).jpg

IMG_2168 (002).jpg IMG_2170 (002).jpg

IMG_2179 (002).jpg

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! Those diamonds are spectacular! So glad it was kept in one piece.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

This is the most beautiful PSA......Jewellery rescue!! I love the story as much as the brooch. Wear it in health!

cheers--Sharon

As soon as I heard the story I was sold. I can just imagine this little lady putting it on every Christmas but not daring to wear it any other time.

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful brooch, what a great jeweler and what a lovely relationship you have with your jeweler!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I adore the sweet story, and the brooch is so beautiful. Can we see it on you?

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
What a stunning piece... Meant to end up with you :kiss2::kiss2:

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! A beautiful piece should be loved and worn. I'm so glad you rescued her.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely too beautiful to break up :kiss2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am too! I can't imagine it being dismantled.

thanks goodness for jewlery lovers like you Catmom

i too feel sad the nanna only wore it at Christmas and then her daughter didn't wear it and her grandaughter wanted to harvest it for its diamonds

it would be kinda cool if you wore it at Christmas - or Christmas eve or boxing day or new year's eve or new year's day

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - it is gorgeous! Hope you can keep the tradition of Christmas wears going for this but hoping you find other occasions to wear it as well!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hadn't planned on this but when my jeweler calls..... A client of hers inherited a 1920s Art Deco brooch that originally belonged to her Grandmother. When her Grandmother owned it the only time she ever wore it was at Christmas. It was then packed away for the year until the next Christmas came along. Kind of sweet but kind of sad at the same time. I can imagine how fancy she felt at Christmas. It was passed down to the client's Mother who never wore it. It finally ended up with the client who also never wears it. She is not a brooch person. She brought it to my jeweler with the thought that she might take the stones and make two eternity bands from it. My jeweler made her a deal that she would make her two eternity bands from other diamonds if she would keep this piece intact and make an even trade. My jeweler knows me too well and figured I would rescue it from her and of course she was right. It's platinum with about 2 cts of very clean diamonds, 3 of which are old cut marquise. Plus some small tsavorites as the stems. The milgraining is pristine and you can tell it was hardly ever worn. I'm so glad I had the opportunity to rescue her.

IMG_2167 (002).jpg

IMG_2168 (002).jpg IMG_2170 (002).jpg

IMG_2179 (002).jpg

I am so glad you rescued it! I am not a brooch person but I could see turning this into a pendant still keeping every glorious detail in tact!! Gorgeous!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful brooch, what a great jeweler and what a lovely relationship you have with your jeweler!

Thank you Muluver! We've been friends for a long time. She is one of a kind!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I adore the sweet story, and the brooch is so beautiful. Can we see it on you?

Thank you! Here are a couple shots of it on. I was too lazy to change tops when I took these shots so not the best background but it gives you an idea of the size.

IMG_2208 (002).jpg

IMG_2193 (002).jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! A beautiful piece should be loved and worn. I'm so glad you rescued her.
Thank you! It really is gorgeous and I can't imagine it being broken up.

That is so gorgeous!

Can you slip a name tag in there? :cool2:

Thanks! I imagine I could but not sure why I would want to?? LOL

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely too beautiful to break up :kiss2:
I totally agree!

thanks goodness for jewlery lovers like you Catmom

i too feel sad the nanna only wore it at Christmas and then her daughter didn't wear it and her grandaughter wanted to harvest it for its diamonds

it would be kinda cool if you wore it at Christmas - or Christmas eve or boxing day or new year's eve or new year's day
It's sweet and sad at the same time. I imagine her being afraid to wear it except at Christmas. That it was her treasure. I am definitely going to wear it at Christmas to keep the tradition going but that doesn't mean I won't wear it any other time as well, lol.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not a brooch person but I would never take apart that lovely brooch. I am so glad that you rescued it!

Thank you fussykiki! I am very happy I could.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, love the story behind the piece too! It’s beautiful!!!!
It was the story that really got me. I had to rescue it.

Wow - it is gorgeous! Hope you can keep the tradition of Christmas wears going for this but hoping you find other occasions to wear it as well!
Thanks! I will definitely do that. It will be worn on Christmas Day every year from now on and many other times as well, lol.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so glad you rescued it! I am not a brooch person but I could see turning this into a pendant still keeping every glorious detail in tact!! Gorgeous!!

Well I'm really glad she didn't do that because now it's mine, lol. I will take very good care of it. I just love these old pieces.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so glad this beauty found it's way to you!
It is gorgeous!

mjea

Shiny_Rock
It’s so beautiful! I’m glad you found it and gave it a new home:razz: would be so beautiful as a hair clip too!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was the story that really got me. I had to rescue it.

Thanks! I will definitely do that. It will be worn on Christmas Day every year from now on and many other times as well, lol.
I could see it on a beautiful red sweater - those diamonds and green stones would really pop! Such a fun history for it - makes it such a special piece for you!!

And a black blouse or sweater - those diamonds would really stand out on a black background too - just not for Christmas - lol!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! Here are a couple shots of it on. I was too lazy to change tops when I took these shots so not the best background but it gives you an idea of the size.

IMG_2208 (002).jpg

IMG_2193 (002).jpg

Thank you for sharing! It looks wonderful on you!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! I'm so glad you rescued it! The antique marquise diamonds are just divine :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results