shape
carat
color
clarity

Red Carpet Bling

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2008 12:37:17 AM
Author: Selkie
I mean, seriously, people. This woman is 63.
SHE is just fab. Age appropriate and ROCKIN''.

Agree with all of you on Nicole Kidman. Penelope Cruz could look fab in a trash bag.

But Anne Hathaway creeps me out.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2008 12:39:18 AM
Author: TravelingGal

SHE is just fab. Age appropriate and ROCKIN'.

Agree with all of you on Nicole Kidman. Penelope Cruz could look fab in a trash bag.

I think Anne Hathaway is creepy too! Not enough face for the features.

Helen Mirren is a knockout.

Jennifer Garner and Penelope Cruz? they're always looking good.

...and wasn't Nicole pregnant before Alba?

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
I got a chuckle out of Diablo Cody''s Jolly Roger earrings. She looks frighteningly like Shannon Doherty in this pic though. She''s definitely not someone who tried to fit into the typical Hollywood mold.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Gah...Diablo Cody (won for Juno). HAHAHAHAH ETA: I just noticed the two women in the background who are SCOWLING at her...hahahahaha...
DiabloCody.jpg

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
I like Jennifer G. I don''t like Nicole''s necklace. She creeps me out more than Anne does.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2008 12:43:18 AM
Author: coatimundi

That''s the perfect way to describe it! I couldn''t put my finger on what bugged...

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2008 12:57:33 AM

That''s the perfect way to describe it! I couldn''t put my finger on what bugged...
I was gonna say her features are way too big, but didn''t want to sound mean...cause it''s not like I''m some goddess and she''d turn heads over me any day! But yes, coatimundi hit the nail on the head.

Plus, most of the time I think she dresses terribly.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Well, she floats some boats!

I liked her acting in "Brokeback Mountain." Very ambitious to take on a role that ages through decades. I thought she played that scene on the phone with aplomb.

I liked Kerri Russell's necklace.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock

Jennifer Garner and Penelope Cruz? they're always looking good.

...and wasn't Nicole pregnant before Alba?
I thought Anne looked lovely.

Jessica Alba definitely looked larger than Nicole. There was a rumour Alba's expecting twins, but who knows....

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s funny people''s observations about Helen Mirren. My husband and I watched the Oscars and he kept commenting how great Helen Mirren looked. He might have even said "hot bod". We guessed she was in her late 50''s. She looks great!

I was wondering about Nic''s necklace. I was like wow that must be like 200 carats. Off by a "few.

Keep the pictures coming!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diablo Cody was a former exotic dancer. She rocked her own look which is great. I am glad she won, the screenplay was adorable and I loved Juno. Oscar likes it quirkiness sometimes. Notice that not one big studio movie won big nor did one American take home an acting statuette? Pretty cool. I did think Clooney could do it for acting, he was superb...but DDL is always spot on.

I think Anne Hathaway has a winsome atypical beauty.

Hated Jessica Alba''s hairdo. Dumpy and old looking for a young girl.

I LOVED Amy Adams dark green dress and long wavey on the one side red hair. She looked great.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2008 8:31:48 AM
Author: diamondfan
Diablo Cody was a former exotic dancer. She rocked her own look which is great. I am glad she won, the screenplay was adorable and I loved Juno. Oscar likes it quirkiness sometimes.

ITA. It probably didn''t come across in my post, but I really liked the fact she has her own style. Good point about the awards going to the atypical winners this year, too.

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock

Date: 2/25/2008 12:39:18 AM
Author: TravelingGal

SHE is just fab. Age appropriate and ROCKIN''.

Jennifer Garner and Penelope Cruz? they''re always looking good.

...and wasn''t Nicole pregnant before Alba?
Nooooo! I think Anne Hathaway is gorgeous, she''s not creepy, lol! I think it''s so funny because whenever I hear people talk about her it''s either really positive or really negative, not much in between. She has that "girl-next-door" image to me though. And she isn''t one of those super skinny actresses either, a better role model IMO than some other starlets. I also liked her in BBM, more so than some of the other movies she''s been in because she was able to show her talent in a more difficult role. The Devil Wears Prada was fun but certainly not the deepest of films, and well the Princess Diaries...was very cute, lol!

DH wouldn''t watch this last night so I missed out
7.gif
but Penelope Cruz is one of my all time favs. She really can''t do any wrong in my book either!

krispi

Shiny_Rock
I think my number one favorite piece of the evening has to be Laura Linney''s necklace.

6632950922_1203911707.jpg

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone have a good close up pic of Keri Russell''s necklace? It looks very fairy-tale like.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
I think Anne Hathaway is beautiful too. I like her big, dark features - she''s pretty in an interesting way, IMO.

Why does Kerri Russell look so thin? I MUCH preferred her with a bit more weight on. She looks old and hard now! Same for Rene Zellwegger. They look like they''re trying too hard.

Jennifer Hudson needs to get a stylist! Jennifer Garner looks beautiful - love the necklace. Nicole Kidman does look a bit pale. Jessica Alba is positively glowing!

OK, That''s my fashion commentary for the day.
3.gif

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/25/2008 12:57:35 PM
Author: part gypsy
Does anyone have a good close up pic of Keri Russell''s necklace? It looks very fairy-tale like.

2109.JPG

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2008 1:20:43 PM
Author: marvel
Date: 2/25/2008 12:57:35 PM

Author: part gypsy

Ooooo I love that necklace!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Funny, I saw Keri and didn''t even notice her necklace because I was too busy thinking "girl needs to eat something, now!" Way too thin, IMO.

I think Anne Hathaway is very pretty, in a horsey sort of way, and I dont mean that in a snarky way either. She''s pretty in a different way, and I cant put my finger on it. I also think she has immpecable taste in clothes but I find her offputting, like she has this "I''m better than you all" air about her. Perhaps its me?!?

Helen Mirren is ALWAYS a knock-out. Her dress last year was my all time Helen fav though. She looked like a queen, literally. This year, I loved the dress on her, but I was watching the red carpet on my little office TV which has Hi-Def and let me tell you, HDTV aint doing nobody any favors! Seriously, even George Clooney looked all wrinkley and you could see his pancake make-up - yes! George had on make up.
38.gif

But I have to admit I wasn''t so WOWED by the Oscar bling this year...
20.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2008 1:52:56 PM
Author: surfgirl
Funny, I saw Keri and didn''t even notice her necklace because I was too busy thinking ''girl needs to eat something, now!'' Way too thin, IMO.

I think Anne Hathaway is very pretty, in a horsey sort of way, and I dont mean that in a snarky way either. She''s pretty in a different way, and I cant put my finger on it. I also think she has immpecable taste in clothes but I find her offputting, like she has this ''I''m better than you all'' air about her. Perhaps its me?!?

Helen Mirren is ALWAYS a knock-out. Her dress last year was my all time Helen fav though. She looked like a queen, literally. This year, I loved the dress on her, but I was watching the red carpet on my little office TV which has Hi-Def and let me tell you, HDTV aint doing nobody any favors! Seriously, even George Clooney looked all wrinkley and you could see his pancake make-up - yes! George had on make up.
38.gif

But I have to admit I wasn''t so WOWED by the Oscar bling this year...
20.gif
That''s it...she''s offputting. Has that air about her and for no reason, IMHO.

Helen Mirren was my fave last year too. I don''t remember anyone else''s outfit but hers...she really was a queen.

Selkie, I just noticed your signature. I adore Eddie Izzard and have for years!!!!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
I didn't watch the actual program. Just saw the photos on that website. Love that closeup of the Kerri Russell necklace.

But...what up with the post pregnancy shrinkage phenomenon? This is most
troubling.
38.gif

Sick of all the SKELETORS

eta: Oh, and C'mon Renee! Enough with the posing already! I'll never understand that one...

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Wow, thank you ALL for posting pictures. As soon as I started this thread I got unceremoniously booted off of the TV and didn''t get to see anything after Anne Hathaway.
38.gif
I''m not at all a fan of Nicole Kidman''s necklace, it''s just...odd. It''s like she gave no thought to the dress she was wearing with it, and it looks more like a weird collar than a necklace.

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
I didn't like Nicole's piece at all. It reminded me of her 'Satine' necklace in Mouline Rouge. Even though they are completely different, I find both are too excessive and overboard. The dress was pretty but it was ruined by her necklace or whatever you call that thing thing that was draped around her.

Anyway, Nicole had the perfect accessory - KEITH!!

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/25/2008 3:43:33 PM
Author: Sparkster
I didn''t like Nicole''s piece at all. It reminded me of her ''Satine'' necklace in Mouline Rouge. Even though they are completely different, I find both are too excessive and overboard. The dress was pretty but it was ruined by her necklace or whatever you call that thing thing that was draped around her.

Anyway, Nicole had the perfect accessory - KEITH!!
I didn''t like it much either, although I wouldn''t complain if someone gave it to me. I''d make lots of pieces out of that thing
2.gif

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
I noticed Nicole's necklace when she was presenting, and I thought it was absolutely stunning!!! I'm surprised I'm the only one who thought so! I saw it as a gorgeous piece, worn in a jaunty, carefree way...offsetting the sleek, formal and simple lines of her black gown. I think if you're going to wear a basic black gown, you need to wear some jewelry that's really got pizazz...even better if it's 1400 carats of diamonds! Unfortunately, the necklace doesn't photograph well.

I thought Anne Hathaway looked beautiful too. So fresh and rosy. Loved her earrings and gown. I love Marchesa gowns in general...swoon.

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
here''s a link to a list of bling: (hope it works)
LINK

I would like to see a close up of Tilda Swinton''s ring -- looked very "blingy"
It''s Damiani.. called the Mimosa ring? I tried to rewind, pause the tv but still couldn''t get a good look.. can''t find any pics online either or on the Damiani site.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the link, lovewhitediamonds! I was curious about Jennifer Garner''s necklace and Anne Hathaway''s drop earrings.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2008 2:25:05 PM
But...what up with the post pregnancy shrinkage phenomenon? This is most
troubling.
38.gif

Sick of all the SKELETORS
I know this will come across as b*tchy, but comments like calling those women "skeletors" isn't appropriate IMO. Bashing weight in all shapes and sizes just isn't cool

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Was Ellen Page wearing something like a Diamonds-by-the-yard necklace? I like them (DBTY) in person, but they seem so minimalist compared to all the ginormous chokers and bib necklaces out there.

TGal, my husband introduced me to the brilliance that is Eddie Izzard several years ago, and I lurve him too. We''ve been watching The Riches on DVD, which led me to watching like two hours of clips from his stand-up on YouTube over the weekend (I''ve only heard them on CD before, so never had the visuals, which is so important). I could not stop laughing and I decided I needed an EI sig, pronto. It was that one, or "I''m covered in BEES!"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results