shape
carat
color
clarity

Real life perspective

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @Matthews1127! My mother's stroke was bad, and she was paralyzed on the right side of her body. She had all the therapy, but she was unable to regain any use of that side. Thankfully it wasn't the left side, so she can still communicate. But we were not able to bring her home as she needs 24 hour care and we cannot lift her, etc. My two sisters live in her town, so that is good.

Anyway, parents aging can be a hard thing! I wish the best for your mother, under the circumstances. Hugs!

Sorry for the thread-jack, everyone!
Ditto!! lol!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adding a bit of color:
Top Left photo: My Sister-in-Law's Blue Diamond Wedding Set with my wedding set.
Specs of her set are not available (she is unable to locate her cert.) She believes her ER center is approx. 0.30-0.50ct Princess Cut rare Blue Diamond set in WG, with small baguette, and single cut round accent white diamonds flanking the center.
Her WR is fillagree with single cut round Blue Diamonds set in sterling silver (a temp until she gets her blue & white diamond wrap).
My set picked up the creamy, Antique lighting of the atmosphere. My G colored diamonds look more like U-Z!

Mine:
Uisce: EC 1.07ct G SI2 (eye clean) 1.45:1 l x w ratio with bead set rounds along the collar, and profile (0.625cttw).
Band: Bar set stacked baguette alt. RB's (0.15-0.20ct/ea) G SI1-SI2 1.00cttw.
Total cwt: 2.695cttw.

The other three photos were taken this past weekend. DH took me back to the lake where he proposed. :mrgreen2:

IMG_6984.JPG

Recreating the moment:

IMG_6942.JPG

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mrs-b, your band looks fabulous!!! Wow, so bright and white, I'll bet it sparkles like crazy - and I'll trade hands with you any day! Your 57 year old hands look much better than mine, trust me!!!

Thanks, Junebug, for your kind comments. :wavey: It really does flash and sparkle and I love looking at it in various lights. Today, tho, I'm wearing my solitaire and wondering if I'm nuts to be considering changing it!

I've had a thing about hands since I was a little girl and would lay in bed with my mom on a Saturday morning, holding her hand and inspecting the fingers and the skin and the jewelry she wore. I've tried to take as good care of mine as I could, but time marches on inexorably and aging is an unforgiving thing! I've learnt not to look too closely!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sigh every time I see a pic of your hair. You have amazingly beautiful hair!!:love:

My dear Phoenix, in Greece we say: Perastika! Which means: Get well soon! And thank you so much for the compliment... It means a lot coming from a gorgeous lady like you;))

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix, I am so sorry you were in the hospital! I hope you are okay...I haven't seen if you told about this elsewhere. Get well soon!!!

DS,
Do you have any RLP shots of your daughter's rings you can share?

My goodness, I am just now seeing this!

Here's an old one. She has a 1.15 ct WF diamond in the Vatche Caroline setting, and a 2.5mm platinum and diamond band made by Maytal Hannah. (Other daughter is a senior in college and has her forever man, but they are not officially engaged yet!)

IMG_2144.JPG

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix, I am so sorry you were in the hospital! I hope you are okay...I haven't seen if you told about this elsewhere. Get well soon!!!

My goodness, I am just now seeing this!

Here's an old one. She has a 1.15 ct WF diamond in the Vatche Caroline setting, and a 2.5mm platinum and diamond band made by Maytal Hannah. (Other daughter is a senior in college and has her forever man, but they are not officially engaged yet!)

IMG_2144.JPG

Gorgeous!!! Thank you for sharing!!! :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm on a roll...lol. At the manicurist's, having my much needed manicure:
upload_2017-10-30_22-10-56.png

Keep them coming Phoenix! I could never get tired of seeing your gorgeous bling! :love: I heart Holly lol!

P

PierreBear

I'm on a roll...lol. At the manicurist's, having my much needed manicure:
upload_2017-10-30_22-10-56.png

Gorgeous but how does your manicurist focus? If I was doing it there would be a lot of "oopsss" sorry I was distracted by your bling. Thanks for sharing. PS - Do you wear that pinky ring often? How fun! It's such a typically unadorned finger but neat to know that you are showing it kindness!

Phanie

Shiny_Rock
WTH Phoenix? Hope you are OK.
Holly, from my hospital bed yesterday - 5.318ct on a 3 3/4 size finger (my fingers have shrunk).

upload_2017-10-28_13-19-21.png

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous but how does your manicurist focus? If I was doing it there would be a lot of "oopsss" sorry I was distracted by your bling. Thanks for sharing. PS - Do you wear that pinky ring often? How fun! It's such a typically unadorned finger but neat to know that you are showing it kindness!

haha, thank you.

One of my closest friends gave that to me, so I wear it out of affection for her more than anything else.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results