shape
carat
color
clarity

Real life perspective

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_6376.JPG IMG_6351.JPG IMG_6345.JPG IMG_6286.JPG IMG_6040.JPG IMG_3650.JPG "Uisce" & Co.:
Emerald Cut (1.45:1 l x w ratio)
1.07ct
G Color
SI2 Clarity (disputed-VERY eye clean)
Set in Neil Lane WG, scroll & millgrain detail, with bead set collar.

Accompanied by 1cttw bar set Welcome Back of stacked baguettes alternating with RB's, also WG, custom scroll & millgrain detail.
CRM :D
"Welcome Back" should read "Wedding Band"...I hate auto correct...lol!!! :lol:

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone for the nice comments. They made my day!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful pendants Kayla! Can you please tell me the sizes of both?
Hi!
The smaller pendant is from Tiffany's and it is .12 or .14 carats in platinum. The bigger pendant is .90 carats and set in 18 carat rose gold. It seems bigger than it is because it is bezel set in a cushion shape.
Thank you!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matthews, your rings are so eye catching! They really pack a punch! And I love the wedding photos - what a fabulous theme!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matthews, your rings are so eye catching! They really pack a punch! And I love the wedding photos - what a fabulous theme!
Alex T,
I truly appreciate the compliments!! The Art Deco/Gatsby Theme had been decided with an anticipated wedding date in Oct., 2020. I even contacted GOG to customize our wedding bands. Unfortunately, in October, 2016 (not long after DH proposed), my mother's health took a dive with her Alzheimer's, and DH & I decided we needed to move our date up, immediately...I had never been married, and I wanted my mother's dream of watching me get married to come to fruition (and I wanted her there). We had been privately planning & saving money since 2015, (DH even involved my mother when selecting my ER), and we decided to make do with what we had. Fortunately, her Memory Care facility was gracious enough to allow us to get married there, to avoid having to take my mother out of her familiar surroundings, and interrupting her normal schedule; she gets very confused. The Facility let us use a dining room they no longer use for our ceremony. Not exactly my dream venue, but that wasn't important; having my mother at my wedding was what mattered most. It was intimate; 25 total, including the wedding party, and our Minister. As I've mentioned before, we have a blended family, and 5 out of our 6 children were in the wedding party (one of his children had already made plans to go to Chicago, and we encouraged him to go). I made everything from the decorations to jewelry for myself & my daughter (Flower Girl). With a little help from some vendors on Etsy, my sister-in-law's (Matron of Honor) dedication & devoted assistance, my neighbor's handy craftsmanship with my veil, and a lot of painstaking hours crafting in our bedroom, we pulled our wedding together in 2 months...yes...8 weeks...lol! We had our dinner banquet down the road from where my mother lives, at a nearby restaurant. She never had to leave her home (cake & ginger ale were served following the ceremony, before her scheduled evening meal), and we were able to celebrate our marriage with all of our closest friends & family. My mother was able to witness her only daughter get married & participate in the ceremony. It was plain & simple, but it was beautiful, and it turned out lovely. I'd do it, again, every day, if I could.
Our timing was perfect; my mother has since steadily declined, and she has now qualified for Hospice home care. Their services begin, tomorrow. I'm so thankful we moved our date & we didn't wait! Things just have a way of working out!
There are so many memories attached to my wedding set. I'm so thankful that they include my mother, and being able to share one of the happiest days of my life with her! :D

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matthews, your wedding pictures are absolutely beautiful. You look gorgeous. I love your Gatsby theme. Your wedding set is stunning, and made even more special by all the memories they bring to mind. I am so very glad that your mother was able to participate in and enjoy the wedding of her precious daughter. Your story is so touching. I'm very sorry about your mother's decline, and I empathize;I had a similar journey with my mother so I know how hard it is. Sending lots of support and comfort to you. (((Hugs)))

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matthews, your wedding pictures are absolutely beautiful. You look gorgeous. I love your Gatsby theme. Your wedding set is stunning, and made even more special by all the memories they bring to mind. I am so very glad that your mother was able to participate in and enjoy the wedding of her precious daughter. Your story is so touching. I'm very sorry about your mother's decline, and I empathize;I had a similar journey with my mother so I know how hard it is. Sending lots of support and comfort to you. (((Hugs)))
Thank you, JuneBug!
As always, I adore your rings!!
I appreciate the empathy, and the love; so many can relate to my situation for one reason or another. I'm so very sorry about your mother. I wouldn't wish this, or any other form of helpless agony on anyone.
My father passed when I was young, so my mother raised us by herself. She & I did everything together; she's been my best friend. She stood by me & took care of me the best way she knew how. Now, it's my turn. ;-)
IMG_4323.PNG

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Matthews, she is just so lovely. What a wonderful picture. I will be keeping her, and you and your family, in my thoughts.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Matthews, she is just so lovely. What a wonderful picture. I will be keeping her, and you and your family, in my thoughts.
Many thanks, Junebug. It's been a very difficult 2.5 years. Her symptoms manifested in May, 2014, but she was not officially diagnosed until Jan., 2015. In Aug., 2016, I had to move her into the Memory Care Center, where she is under 24 hr, lock-down care. The disease has moved quite rapidly; more rapidly than I am familiar. I am very knowledgeable of Alz., and I have worked with patients afflicted, in the past. I've never known it to move like this. Perhaps, this is an act of mercy? I'm just thankful to have been able to enjoy the past 42 years of my life with her. Each day she is still with us, is a blessing. She still remembers us, so I take comfort in that.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry to hear about your mother, but what a beautiful treasure that photograph is! It's really lovely & I'm so happy she was able to take part in your big day. It's a real heart warmer story :appl:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry to hear about your mother, but what a beautiful treasure that photograph is! It's really lovely & I'm so happy she was able to take part in your big day. It's a real heart warmer story :appl:
Thank you, Alex T! Each day is a gift! :)

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are a good daughter @Matthews1127 and even if your mother can't express it, I'm sure she appreciates your love and care.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to take this in my bathroom mirror, so it's about as good as that would imply!

This is my 7 stone ring, with the new, smaller center stone. As soon as I saw it with the original stone - I loved it, but I had a nagging doubt that it might be too big. Having switched it out, I can definitely say it's now more the look I was after. I've forgotten the exact specs, but it's now between 2.15 and 2,17 ctw.

And I wear it ALL the time! (where's the Old Lady Hands thread?? 57 years of tread on those hands and counting....)

20170802_102400_resized.jpg

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to take this in my bathroom mirror, so it's about as good as that would imply!

This is my 7 stone ring, with the new, smaller center stone. As soon as I saw it with the original stone - I loved it, but I had a nagging doubt that it might be too big. Having switched it out, I can definitely say it's now more the look I was after. I've forgotten the exact specs, but it's now between 2.15 and 2,17 ctw.

And I wear it ALL the time! (where's the Old Lady Hands thread?? 57 years of tread on those hands and counting....)

"Old Lady Hands Thread"?! Girlfriend!! I hope when I'm 57, my hands look THAT AMAZING!! Love the ring...both ways!! She is quite the sparkler!! She looks so lovely on you! I can't wait to make my 7 stone band!! Ring goals...*sigh.* :lol-2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I laughed out LOUD when I saw your post, @Matthews1127 ! You know how you look at yourself and all you see is how different you look to what you looked like 30 years ago? Well I'm there! But thank you for your comments! She IS sparkly, and it's a great go-to ring that I feel comfortable wearing during the day but also in the evening. It's not too flashy, but it certainly isn't invisible either. I get a lot of compliments on it from people - probably more than any other ring I own - which is very surprising to me.

Looking forward to seeing your 7 stone ring one day! :wavey:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I laughed out LOUD when I saw your post, @Matthews1127 ! You know how you look at yourself and all you see is how different you look to what you looked like 30 years ago? Well I'm there! But thank you for your comments! She IS sparkly, and it's a great go-to ring that I feel comfortable wearing during the day but also in the evening. It's not too flashy, but it certainly isn't invisible either. I get a lot of compliments on it from people - probably more than any other ring I own - which is very surprising to me.

Looking forward to seeing your 7 stone ring one day! :wavey:
I understand. I entered the "F's", 2 years ago. Thirty didn't bother me...FORTY?! Oh, yeah...I almost had a breakdown...lol! I notice changes, too...I've learned that to others, I'm still younger looking than I feel...lol!
I wash my hands to OCD levels because I work in the Medical Field, and I come into contact with people, regularly. The toll of continuous wash, and the harsh winter conditions, here, definitely show, in winter months. I find I'm using more & more hand cream, the older I get...lol!
I enjoy looking at your 7 stoner. I'll be certain to share mine, once it's complete! I'm still on the fence: U prong or trellis? I have to figure out which will look best with my set. I love the feminine lines of the trellis...I just don't want it to sit too high...

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mrs-b, your band looks fabulous!!! Wow, so bright and white, I'll bet it sparkles like crazy - and I'll trade hands with you any day! Your 57 year old hands look much better than mine, trust me!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Matthews1127 your story of your wedding and your Mom are so moving and heart warming. You are a wonderful daughter and I am sure your Mom appreciates all your love and care. It is lovely that your wedding set reminds you so much of sharing that day with her.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Matthews1127 your story of your wedding and your Mom are so moving and heart warming. You are a wonderful daughter and I am sure your Mom appreciates all your love and care. It is lovely that your wedding set reminds you so much of sharing that day with her.
Thank you, LLJsmom!
Her condition has become quite worse; Hospice Home Care has been called in for extra help with her, where she lives. She wasn't eating, she wasn't taking her meds, and cognitively, she declined. I gave consent for an evaluation to see if she qualified for the extra help; she needs more one on one care. She failed the first eval, and passed the second, so she now has an aide that comes 5 days a week to visit, and a few others who check on her, intermittently. I'm trying to do the best I can by her. All I can do is pray that everything I'm doing is the right thing for her. As long as she's happy, smiling, and in high spirits, that's all that matters! I just want her quality of life to be good.
Growing up, my mother was all I had. Now, it seems, the tables have been turned. She's an amazing person, and I am who I am because of her. :mrgreen2:

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A couple of fun perspective shots with another PSer just this week. MRB with OEC. Viva la difference.:halo:

cecilieandmissyprofiles.jpg

beawithscandiring.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Matthews1127 Your story made me cry! What a precious thing to do for your mother! I know it meant everything to you, too! I think some people get so wrapped up in huge, fancy wedding plans that they lose the most important things. Your wedding was perfect!

My Dad died with Alzheimer's a few years ago. I was praying for him to go because it was so hard on my mother. My mother is now in a nursing home because of a stroke that happened a month before our older daughter's wedding, which was her first and only grandchild to get married so far! It was heartbreaking that she just was in no condition at that time to come to the wedding, and we live two hours away, so they couldn't exactly stop by to see her in wedding clothes. So I really understand why you did what you did. It was beautiful!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Matthews1127 Your story made me cry! What a precious thing to do for your mother! I know it meant everything to you, too! I think some people get so wrapped up in huge, fancy wedding plans that they lose the most important things. Your wedding was perfect!

My Dad died with Alzheimer's a few years ago. I was praying for him to go because it was so hard on my mother. My mother is now in a nursing home because of a stroke that happened a month before our older daughter's wedding, which was her first and only grandchild to get married so far! It was heartbreaking that she just was in no condition at that time to come to the wedding, and we live two hours away, so they couldn't exactly stop by to see her in wedding clothes. So I really understand why you did what you did. It was beautiful!
DS2006,
I am truly sorry to hear about your father; Alz Dz is so cruel to those left to sit by & watch the heartbreaking process. My brother & I both agree that the merciful thing for our mother would be if she passed sooner, rather than later. The woman who is our mother is somewhere deep down in there, but she is becoming less & less visible. He has been an outstanding support system, considering he lives in NM, and I live in PA.
I'm terribly sad to hear about your mother; strokes are no joke. That had to be incredibly difficult to not have her at your daughter's wedding. I hope you have video footage to share with her. Perhaps, some day, a vow renewal will be possible to share that with her?
I agree with you: so many get caught up in the details, and the hype; all we wanted was to be able to share our special day with her. We didn't even ask for gifts; in lieu of gifts, we requested guests donate to The Alzheimer's Foundation, or make a donation in her name. If they weren't comfortable doing that, they could make donations directly to her, for her care. We wanted nothing more. I found two beautiful Antique suitcases, and I decorated them for display for donations. I was touched by the support our friends and family showed through their charity.
I hope your mother makes a full recovery! Congrats to your daughter & son-in-law!! :kiss2:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @Matthews1127! My mother's stroke was bad, and she was paralyzed on the right side of her body. She had all the therapy, but she was unable to regain any use of that side. Thankfully it wasn't the left side, so she can still communicate. But we were not able to bring her home as she needs 24 hour care and we cannot lift her, etc. My two sisters live in her town, so that is good.

Anyway, parents aging can be a hard thing! I wish the best for your mother, under the circumstances. Hugs!

Sorry for the thread-jack, everyone!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results