shape
carat
color
clarity

Real life color comparisons—show me yours!

elizat

Ideal_Rock

I rotate them. I only wear things on my left hand because I find rings on my right hand very annoying to type and write.

So, no real rhyme or reason but everything gets rotated, in theory! I have some colored stones too, really just depends on what I feel like wearing.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Hey girl I have the same wolf box as you and I LOVE it!

Yep, I ordered because I liked yours! I have both a black and a white one. I just wish they had more earrings storage. If the side compartments were a little bit longer and deeper I could put some other items in there too, but I like the profile and overall size of the case.

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
I think the yellow gold plays a major role, too!

Absolutely! The F looks quite warm :D If I ever decide to change its setting, I might consider a white gold collet with halo but still on a yellow gold band.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh!! I can play too! I’ve been to the jewelry store a few times in the past few weeks with a friend to help her shop :lol:. Only the G is mine and they are all GIA XXX. Modeled on my friend - 5.5 ring finger!

Both 1.5 carats - Halo J - Solitaire I
D4FAE828-4CAE-4530-909E-4D48A1ABF31B.jpeg
From left to right:
G 2.03 (mine) - J 1.7 - H 1.7
Outdoors
9E6A4B82-1FA3-4CD4-990D-50A13CB74CCF.jpeg
Indoors D7BC2169-8F3F-49B6-9B80-A9A578C4B62B.jpeg

How would you describe the difference in real life? Was it obvious? Subtle? I see you were in a jewelry store so those lights...lol

jBright

Shiny_Rock
How would you describe the difference in real life? Was it obvious? Subtle? I see you were in a jewelry store so those lights...lol

It was NOT obvious, surprisingly. You would think from G to J, but nope.. those lights (and my untrained eyes)! We brought the diamonds outside in sunlight and it wasn’t any easier to distinguish between the colors. There was a teeny hint of yellow in the J, but nothing drastic. The jeweler said this was a very *high* color J (vvs2) - almost close to an i.. so that could be why.

im staring at my G diamond right now in office lighting and it’s bright white, but in those pictures they just almost all look the same. Whomp whomp. Lol. If there is a next time, I’ll try to angle all of the diamonds the exact way to get more of a realistic comparison.

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
@nala Welllllll...My husband told me it would be crazy to sell Libby for the price I would be getting. I was getting really nervous about giving her up. I was getting upset which is crazy...That diamond..although not a super ideal...is gorgeous...I’m keeping her...I should change my name to @diamondhoarder but it‘s taken..:lol:I’m still doing the ACA upgrade in January. I don’t want to pay too much to get the G in a 3 ctw. I don’t think I could go that much smaller than Summer which is 2.78...My plan all along was to go to 2.5 which I thought would be big enough...The 2.78 was just going to be a temporary size to get in the system..Now I don’t want to go down in size...Darn DSS! I’ll see what I have for a bling budget at the beginning of the year. I’m hoping that Whiteflash has a 2.8 or under 3 carat that will work for me. I don’t want to pay the 3 carat premium. I may try an H. The clarity is also pretty important to me..so it’s a trade off...TBC :loopy:

So glad you are keeping her!

I have a 2.4 I from WF and at times can see a hint of warmth. It’s ways indoors in certain rooms and at certain times of the day. I actually just had WF send me a 2.1 H so I could see both together before sending in my I to trade for the H and guess what?! I absolutely could not see a difference in color. Not in any light! The places my I looked warm, the H looked the same and there were even instances where the H looked warmer. I was shocked! I almost made this trade sight unseen. So I’d say move higher than an H to see a difference!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
So glad you are keeping her!

I have a 2.4 I from WF and at times can see a hint of warmth. It’s ways indoors in certain rooms and at certain times of the day. I actually just had WF send me a 2.1 H so I could see both together before sending in my I to trade for the H and guess what?! I absolutely could not see a difference in color. Not in any light! The places my I looked warm, the H looked the same and there were even instances where the H looked warmer. I was shocked! I almost made this trade sight unseen. So I’d say move higher than an H to see a difference!

@Mamajemmy This has been very helpful..Did you have to pay for the other stone before they sent it to you? I’m assuming they would.

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
@Mamajemmy This has been very helpful..Did you have to pay for the other stone before they sent it to you? I’m assuming they would.

Yes— I paid for the other stone before they shipped it. It might be worth a try to do that before you upgrade. Now when my stone looks a little warm I think, yeah— it’s this lighting, or my warm wood floors and walls. I’m sure if I went way up in color it would help but I’m not willing to sacrifice that much size with relation to my budget.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes— I paid for the other stone before they shipped it. It might be worth a try to do that before you upgrade. Now when my stone looks a little warm I think, yeah— it’s this lighting, or my warm wood floors and walls. I’m sure if I went way up in color it would help but I’m not willing to sacrifice that much size with relation to my budget.
I agree..I have a 2.03 g AGS vs1 diamond..see avatar..It’s super white to me.
I don’t want to pay that premium price for another diamond but the I bothers me. I would be happy with a little whiter. Are you color sensitive? I’m wondering if I would also see the difference. Thanks for sharing!

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
I agree..I have a 2.03 g AGS vs1 diamond..see avatar..It’s super white to me.
I don’t want to pay that premium price for another diamond but the I bothers me. I would be happy with a little whiter. Are you color sensitive? I’m wondering if I would also see the difference. Thanks for sharing!

I am color sensitive— I wish I wasn’t! I had a smaller H that I didn’t see color in, but I think at these larger than 2ct sizes the color is just more apparent. I did reset my I into yellow gold with white prongs vs white gold and loved the strong contrast much better with the I and the yellow gold.

One thing I have learned is that while the pictures on PS are amazing to look at, they are not very helpful to me in determining my preference for color. Years and years ago the first diamond we ordered for preview was the most gorgeous aca J. Based on photos I’d seen on PS I was sure I’d be fine with a J or even K. When we got it in person we both saw the warmth in every lighting. This is just one of those things I truly believe you have to see for yourself in your own environment. So thankful WF gave me the opportunity to do that!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I wanted to share this comparison bc I spent the am wearing my 3 stone and admiring how white it is. I’m going to part with it bc a good friend wants a budget ring and fell in love with this guy. So as I was getting my last gazes in, I kept thinking how white this stone is and I ran upstairs for this photo shoot. And the difference was soooo striking that I had to share! Now I have no idea what color this uncert stone is. It’s an omc and appears to be an ivory rather than A yellow tint. 5376EDAB-8F2F-463F-8A48-95B34A95AEE4.jpeg 97C9436E-86EC-4248-85B9-DC23D0212F53.jpeg B9285CB0-38BB-4FC7-AA37-E0D2A5B6E0FB.jpeg 842EE5B4-3F7B-4324-B2B4-0C09572E7CD3.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I wanted to share this comparison bc I spent the am wearing my 3 stone and admiring how white it is. I’m going to part with it bc a good friend wants a budget ring and fell in love with this guy. So as I was getting my last gazes in, I kept thinking how white this stone is and I ran upstairs for this photo shoot. And the difference was soooo striking that I had to share! Now I have no idea what color this uncert stone is. It’s an omc and appears to be an ivory rather than A yellow tint. 5376EDAB-8F2F-463F-8A48-95B34A95AEE4.jpeg 97C9436E-86EC-4248-85B9-DC23D0212F53.jpeg B9285CB0-38BB-4FC7-AA37-E0D2A5B6E0FB.jpeg 842EE5B4-3F7B-4324-B2B4-0C09572E7CD3.jpeg

It's beautiful @nala and it is very generous of you to part with it in order for your friend to get her dream ring! This demonstrates (IMO) how old cuts handle color differently. They just do. IDK what color your OMC is but I am betting it is probably lower in color than it appears to be. And it's gorgeous. Those chunky facets. The shape. The way it glows (I am betting) is all what goes into making old cuts special.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@nala Your three stone is so pretty! Your friend is going to be so happy. The OEC is gorgeous and white!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee thank you! She only wants the stone, so we will see if it works out.
As to your question. I think you won’t be happy until you get a G bc you have set that as your standard with Libby. But. If there is no harm in checking out an H first, why not? I get that the shipping and setting adds up, but if you get an H you can keep your mount and save money on that end, right?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee thank you! She only wants the stone, so we will see if it works out.
As to your question. I think you won’t be happy until you get a G bc you have set that as your standard with Libby. But. If there is no harm in checking out an H first, why not? I get that the shipping and setting adds up, but if you get an H you can keep your mount and save money on that end, right?

Thanks @nala Seeing your E has made me rethink maybe getting to F..but going down in size. There’s one that’s just a smidge smaller but the plot looks messy. It’s an ACA so it should be fine. IDK I just wish they would get some diamonds in..Their supply is pretty sparse under 3 ctw but over 2.5.

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
Thanks @nala Seeing your E has made me rethink maybe getting to F..but going down in size. There’s one that’s just a smidge smaller but the plot looks messy. It’s an ACA so it should be fine. IDK I just wish they would get some diamonds in..Their supply is pretty sparse under 3 ctw but over 2.5.

Yeah— given my recent experience, I think you’ll need a G or higher— but maybe order the H unmounted so you can compare it to your I. That helped me immensely.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamajemmy Look at the second one. It looks so yellow. What’s so weird is my 2.03 g looks so close in size to the 2.78 I ..I think it’s the setting...That’s why I don’t want to go much lower in size...
22910B94-4F96-4EF8-AB34-F7DF3C156A82.jpeg D9052BAC-953E-4F53-9E13-C81E4761D4F8.jpeg 0FD7E54B-D190-46D0-9CE2-9E6A756FAA69.jpeg A269F72E-3651-4AF5-BAA7-728F39679552.jpeg

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that as long as Libby is in a ring, and not set in an awesome pendant, hint hint, you will always want a completely different ring. So here’s an idea. Set Libby in a pendant or even bangle, and set your new F ACA in Libby’s setting! That way you get the best of both worlds @MamaBee!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that as long as Libby is in a ring, and not set in an awesome pendant, hint hint, you will always want a completely different ring. So here’s an idea. Set Libby in a pendant or even bangle, and set your new F ACA in Libby’s setting! That way you get the best of both worlds @MamaBee!

Haha! Like minds! Only problem is I want a diamond bigger than Libby! I would make the same setting that Libby is in now with a bigger diamond! :lol-2:

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
@Mamajemmy Look at the second one. It looks so yellow. What’s so weird is my 2.03 g looks so close in size to the 2.78 I ..I think it’s the setting...That’s why I don’t want to go much lower in size...
22910B94-4F96-4EF8-AB34-F7DF3C156A82.jpeg D9052BAC-953E-4F53-9E13-C81E4761D4F8.jpeg 0FD7E54B-D190-46D0-9CE2-9E6A756FAA69.jpeg A269F72E-3651-4AF5-BAA7-728F39679552.jpeg

I have some spots in my house where my I looks like that and was so excited to get the H and it looked exactly the same!

it seems like your G is perfection to you and so I understand wanting something that is different/ larger. What if you went the opposite direction and go with a huge K and really lean into the warmth with a yellow gold or rose gold something or other. That would sure be different!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have some spots in my house where my I looks like that and was so excited to get the H and it looked exactly the same!

it seems like your G is perfection to you and so I understand wanting something that is different/ larger. What if you went the opposite direction and go with a huge K and really lean into the warmth with a yellow gold or rose gold something or other. That would sure be different!

@Mamajemmy I think I’m going to shoot for an f or g...and go down in clarity...I only like white metals on me...:wall:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha! Like minds! Only problem is I want a diamond bigger than Libby! I would make the same setting that Libby is in now with a bigger diamond! :lol-2:

See...I would put the money for that setting towards the diamond!

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
Here is an extreme point of view - opposite ends of the GIA color spectrum without being a fancy.

D VS Circular Brilliant/OEC
UV VS OMC

Both in bezels and metals that should, according to the rabble, help their respective color.

24A9359A-C864-46BC-B3D1-98EA2169FE5A.jpeg 732E266E-49D1-4654-A3BB-DC3A867EECD3.jpeg 827CC4D9-6220-4D43-81AA-19E53DD688C1.jpeg

Attachments

• 43615DB1-2E70-43A7-97CA-AE52A93C963B.jpeg
    43615DB1-2E70-43A7-97CA-AE52A93C963B.jpeg
    151.6 KB · Views: 28

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
Here is an extreme point of view - opposite ends of the GIA color spectrum without being a fancy.

UV VS OMC

Both in bezels and metals that should, according to the rabble, help their respective color.

24A9359A-C864-46BC-B3D1-98EA2169FE5A.jpeg 732E266E-49D1-4654-A3BB-DC3A867EECD3.jpeg

827CC4D9-6220-4D43-81AA-19E53DD688C1.jpeg

love that yellow gold! Looks fabulous.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

UV VS OMC

24A9359A-C864-46BC-B3D1-98EA2169FE5A.jpeg 732E266E-49D1-4654-A3BB-DC3A867EECD3.jpeg 827CC4D9-6220-4D43-81AA-19E53DD688C1.jpeg

They’re beautiful @caolsen

L

lydial

I am missing a few things because they are getting a remodel or sized. I think shape and modern v new have a lot of impact.

PXL_20201006_182851391.jpg

PXL_20201006_183039512.jpg

Ring finger, bottom up g/h on GIA scale per appraisal, middle ring is an I, pear is an L

Middle finger bottom, is an M and top o-p

Pointer is light yellow. One is w-x and the other y-z if I remember.

I have a three stone k, a u-v oec, snd a q-r omc all out for sizing or makeovers.
[/QUOTE

those rings... OMG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results