carat
color
clarity

Random pictures/stories of our furbabies

• Thread starter Deactivated member 42515
  • Start date

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
My beloved cat passed away yesterday evening. The vet came to our house and she went quickly and without pain.
I got up today and did not fix cat food. The first time in over 18 years. It feels like I've had a limb amputated.
This is from a few days ago.

IMG_0839.jpeg

I am so sorry @empliau. Diamond was a beautiful cat and you gave her a wonderful life.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My beloved cat passed away yesterday evening. The vet came to our house and she went quickly and without pain.
I got up today and did not fix cat food. The first time in over 18 years. It feels like I've had a limb amputated.
This is from a few days ago.

IMG_0839.jpeg

im so soory, she was a beauty
how kind that your vet can come to your house, they dont do that for companign animals here,
it is indeed a horrible empty feeling not making that cat breakfast, how can such a relativly small being become such a huge pressence in our lives and it our houses, even though we have Fluffy, our house feels empty today without dear Borris
i wish they lived for ever

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
I’m so sorry to hear about Borris @Daisys and Diamonds. It’s so incredibly painful when we lose our furry family members. You spoke of Borris with such love and affection. My heart goes out to you in your sadness and loss.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Daisys and Diamonds, I’m so so sorry. I just read your post and am so sorry I missed it a few days ago. I know how special Borris was to you and how devastating this is for you. I wish there was something I could say to make this easier for you. Please know we are here for you if you want to talk. Sending you hugs.

empliau

Shiny_Rock
I'm having an artist do pet portraits for my daughter (two pets passed away, one still with us) and I think it will be a comfort to her - the artist does hand book illumination, and I think they will be wonderful ways to remember.

The final version will be decorated with gold leaf and color.

The original:
Diamondforsketch.jpg
IMG_8403.jpeg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are in a dispute over who gets the top bunk.

Screenshot 2024-02-25 at 1.22.20 PM.png

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
How are you doing @Daisys and Diamonds ?
I've been thinking about you.

thank you my friend :kiss2:
i miss her every where, i get up in the middle of the night to go to the loo and in the sleep deprived confussion i think i must just go check on her
when i come home after work i exspect to see her waiting either in the window or in the bushes by the letterbox
sometimes i look out the front door and exspect to see her on the doormat waiting to be let in
its cooler here now, Fluffy is learning its nice to sleep inside the bed, i think she is a bit lonely, even though Borris was never nice to her, she did idolalize Borris

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thank you my friend :kiss2:
i miss her every where, i get up in the middle of the night to go to the loo and in the sleep deprived confussion i think i must just go check on her
when i come home after work i exspect to see her waiting either in the window or in the bushes by the letterbox
sometimes i look out the front door and exspect to see her on the doormat waiting to be let in
its cooler here now, Fluffy is learning its nice to sleep inside the bed, i think she is a bit lonely, even though Borris was never nice to her, she did idolalize Borris

I know, you just still expect them to be in their usual places.

It's been 6 years since I lost my precious Phrix, and it still breaks my heart that he isn't waiting to greet me when I come in the door from work.
Our current cat can't be bothered from his nap.

I'm glad you're ok. We never forget our special fur babies.
But one day, a hungry kitty might show up at your door, sent by Borris. ((((Hugs))))

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know, you just still expect them to be in their usual places.

It's been 6 years since I lost my previous Phrix, and it still breaks my heart that he isn't waiting to greet me when I come in the door from work.
Our current cat can't be bothered from his nap.

I'm glad you're ok. We never forget our special fur babies.
But one day, a hungry kitty might show up at your door, sent by Borris. ((((Hugs))))

yip, just like grief for humans, it doesnt fully go away
they are all such inderviduals arnt they, all different from each other,
its been three years since Tibby (my avitar pic) passed on,
sometimes i wonder what it would be like to go to the SPCA and actually choose a cat but all our cats have always chosen us as you say turned up at the back door
Tinky sent Borris - but she came to the patio door

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Daisys and Diamonds almost 2 years since my Daisy (dog) died and I still catch myself almost calling my new dog “Daisy.” :( I hate that I do that, and I also feel kind of like I’ve betrayed Daisy by getting a new puppy, even though I waited 18 months! It’s crazy how much of an impact our pets have on us emotionally.

Anyway, here are some new pics of Blanche. She’ll be 6 months old in a few days and next week she’s scheduled to get spayed. Lately she’s been learning new tricks, I can leave her out of her crate for about 2 hrs while I’m out running errands with no issues, and she has her first grooming appointment on Monday bc her coat is really coming in now!

IMG_3471.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3468.jpeg
    IMG_3468.jpeg
    243 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3472.jpeg
    IMG_3472.jpeg
    267 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3465.jpeg
    IMG_3465.jpeg
    249.3 KB · Views: 10

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds almost 2 years since my Daisy (dog) died and I still catch myself almost calling my new dog “Daisy.” :( I hate that I do that, and I also feel kind of like I’ve betrayed Daisy by getting a new puppy, even though I waited 18 months! It’s crazy how much of an impact our pets have on us emotionally.

Anyway, here are some new pics of Blanche. She’ll be 6 months old in a few days and next week she’s scheduled to get spayed. Lately she’s been learning new tricks, I can leave her out of her crate for about 2 hrs while I’m out running errands with no issues, and she has her first grooming appointment on Monday bc her coat is really coming in now!

IMG_3471.jpeg

oh i love a King Charles
Im sorry about Daisy (you probably spelt her name the right way)
dogs are such social critters, she wouldn't want you to be lonely with no dog, she is there in spirit watching over young Blanche
i am sure that Tinky whispered in Boris ear and told her to befriend me, she was a weary stray who Tinky let shear his food and one day after he passed i was home alone for the weekend and so lonely, i was sitting on Tinky's chair on the varander and i felt someone watching me and it was Borris sitting in the garden and next thing she had hoped up on my knee
Borris was the link between Tinky and Tibby and now Fluffa -she knew them all

good luck with the grooming and quick healing for the spaying, i hope both are not stressful for you both

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
im doing our online grocery shopping
its sad because i see the things i would have brought because Bork (Borris' nic name) liked them
i mean im still buying the things Fluffy, PuffBall and Sox like but Borris really enjoyed her food and loved cat lollies (Temptations), tuna in springwater, tinned salmon, this weird kanagroo and sweet potato thing, that Dine feed that is basically soup and she wasnt fussy but i always brought a grocery day treat for her

Redwoods-hiker-girl

Brilliant_Rock

IMG_3471.jpeg

Oooooh, @monarch64 -- Blanche is beautiful! I have two CKCS girls, both around four years old. Bonnie is my Blenheim, and Olivia is my tricolor. Bonnie is a handful and a half, and Olivia is super chill. Bonnie is my shadow, and Olivia is head-over-heels for my better half.

Cavaliers are such characters, aren't they? Oh, how I miss Bonnie's puppy days. Olivia came to us when she was three, but I can imagine how cute she was. She's still tiny.

Enjoy your sweet girl, and know that Daisy would want you to love and be loved in return. There is never enough time, but those puppy days ... oh, they go by too quickly.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooooh, @monarch64 -- Blanche is beautiful! I have two CKCS girls, both around four years old. Bonnie is my Blenheim, and Olivia is my tricolor. Bonnie is a handful and a half, and Olivia is super chill. Bonnie is my shadow, and Olivia is head-over-heels for my better half.

Cavaliers are such characters, aren't they? Oh, how I miss Bonnie's puppy days. Olivia came to us when she was three, but I can imagine how cute she was. She's still tiny.

Enjoy your sweet girl, and know that Daisy would want you to love and be loved in return. There is never enough time, but those puppy days ... oh, they go by too quickly.

Thank you! Awww, I bet your girls are so cute. They are definitely characters, my friends and anyone who meets Blanche is always smitten. I get a lot of threats that ppl want to steal her, haha.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Monnie - Blanche is adorable... and your home looks :love: !!!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@monarch64 Ooooh, Blanche is adorable. A black and tan or ruby Cavi has been on my top 5 wish list for years. My heart wants a dog, but my pragmatic brain won't permit it.

My first thought when I looked at the pic and that neatly organized desk was -- she doesn't have a cat :mrgreen2:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@monarch64 Ooooh, Blanche is adorable. A black and tan or ruby Cavi has been on my top 5 wish list for years. My heart wants a dog, but my pragmatic brain won't permit it.

My first thought when I looked at the pic and that neatly organized desk was -- she doesn't have a cat :mrgreen2:

Thank you! And the only cats I have are literally on the curtains, as you can see. I love kitties, and have had several over the years, but after raising a kiddo and waiting for the day I could stop worrying about the continual destruction of my property, I decided I needed a pet whose behavior was slightly more predictable and a lot less vindictive.

I do owe my desk organization (and that of my cabinets!) to my child. She doesn’t like clutter and (no lie) when she gets bored she re-organizes my spaces. It’s wild, I have no idea where she gets it from. I know she likes cats but I don’t think she’d be happy living with one. Ha!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Monnie - Blanche is adorable... and your home looks :love: !!!

Thank you!! I learned a new term the other day: “dopamine decor.” Have you heard that? I thought it was hilarious but it does describe my vibe.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two of our feral furry babies

Fresca and Pepsi

Screen Shot 2024-03-17 at 6.50.45 AM.png

Pepsi is the fearless one of all our ferals. She won't run even if we are a few feet from her as long as we do not approach her purposefully

Screen Shot 2024-03-17 at 6.52.49 AM.png

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Borris has passed away
i just found her in the spear room, on the floor, stiff and cold, its five am, it must have happened in the night
she had been unwell but i hadnt been able to talk about it
when i went to bed last night she was asleep on one of Tinky's blankets and i had tucked her in
she wasnt happy, she let out a sad little mowel, we knew Gary would have had to do something probably today, i wasnt taking her back to the vet and they dont do house calls
last night she hadnt wanted her tea, she only sniffed at her water and the steak i had cut up for her, she had been in the lounge with us, on my chiar but yesterday afternoon Gary she said went into the spear room and beded herself down, we call that room the cats' bedroom, thats the one with the royal family memorialla,
she had got very thin
so my poor little Bork is with my mum and dad and Tinky and Tibby now
even though i knew it was coming it hurts so much
when its light i'll have to go out to the shed and look for the spade to dig a hole by the front door
just the sweetest kindest most loving kitty was dear Borris
rest in peace my darling, until we meet again i'll see you in my dreams

I'm so sorry. the losses are so hard

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Usually it’s squirrel tv but yesterday they were watching rabbit tv!

4622E040-6F75-47A8-BBAB-7C1CD3A07639.jpeg

Always have to look now before I put the clothes in the laundry sorter

C78A593A-F0F1-4307-808D-65CBEBA11074.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results