carat
color
clarity

Random pictures/stories of our furbabies

• Thread starter Deactivated member 42515
  • Start date

Brigid

Shiny_Rock
My husband had to get up early to catch a flight (which he does regularly) when he came into our bedroom to say goodbye and wake me up he noticed that Bertie had already done it by opening the shutters!
Excuse the look of my pillow it’s duck feather (but ethical)!

C4A79FEC-070F-4D6D-8B2E-8D10605651D3.jpeg

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband had to get up early to catch a flight (which he does regularly) when he came into our bedroom to say goodbye and wake me up he noticed that Bertie had already done it by opening the shutters!
Excuse the look of my pillow it’s duck feather (but ethical)!

C4A79FEC-070F-4D6D-8B2E-8D10605651D3.jpeg

Does Bertie cook or clean? (my DH does neither: so I'd take either--send him MY way! so cute to boot)

Brigid

Shiny_Rock
Does Bertie cook or clean? (my DH does neither: so I'd take either--send him MY way! so cute to boot)

No, he doesn’t do the cooking or cleaning, thank goodness my husband does some of these. Bertie’s forte is opening shutters and doors.
Some photos from when I caught him excelling at his new trick!

Attachments

• 38685B45-DC50-4D76-959F-92387065DFEB.jpeg
    38685B45-DC50-4D76-959F-92387065DFEB.jpeg
    108.8 KB · Views: 108
  • BB81137D-9084-44D6-A120-DF9B2B911438.jpeg
    BB81137D-9084-44D6-A120-DF9B2B911438.jpeg
    135.6 KB · Views: 108

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This photo is titled Bigfoot

bigfoot!.png

empliau

Shiny_Rock
My beloved cat passed away yesterday evening. The vet came to our house and she went quickly and without pain.
I got up today and did not fix cat food. The first time in over 18 years. It feels like I've had a limb amputated.
This is from a few days ago.

IMG_0839.jpeg

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
My beloved cat passed away yesterday evening. The vet came to our house and she went quickly and without pain.
I got up today and did not fix cat food. The first time in over 18 years. It feels like I've had a limb amputated.

IMG_0839.jpeg

I'm so glad you were all with her and she was able to continue her journey with the very best sendoff. Such a sweet face. I also send the squeeziest of long hugs, it won't stop the phantom ache but sometimes the pressure helps, even if only for a little while.

empliau

Shiny_Rock
I'm so glad you were all with her and she was able to continue her journey with the very best sendoff. Such a sweet face. I also send the squeeziest of long hugs, it won't stop the phantom ache but sometimes the pressure helps, even if only for a little while.

She was the sweetest. Never bit or scratched in eighteen years.

Thank you. We loved her so much.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is sad news @empliau
She was a princess in your home, and was loved. You gave her a wonderful life.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
I could cry, empliau, you lost a real sweetheart. What a hole in yiour heart.
I believe in the at-home euthenasia. That's how I'd like to go. May your 18 years of loving care bring you peace.

empliau

Shiny_Rock
I could cry, empliau, you lost a real sweetheart. What a hole in yiour heart.
I believe in the at-home euthenasia. That's how I'd like to go. May your 18 years of loving care bring you peace.

Thank you. She slept in our bed, under the covers, with her head on the pillow, and she had the daintiest little snore in the world! The hole where she should be is enormous, but she needed to be at rest and now she is.

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock

IMG_0839.jpeg

I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful kitty. I know your pain, and I hope the hollowness in your heart heals over so that you can remember her with a smile instead of pain. It takes a while, I know, but give yourself time to grieve her.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

You will love her always. I am very sorry for your loss.

kind regards--Sharon

empliau

Shiny_Rock
I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful kitty. I know your pain, and I hope the hollowness in your heart heals over so that you can remember her with a smile instead of pain. It takes a while, I know, but give yourself time to grieve her.

That's what is so hard - I am struggling with missing a cat. I will grieve for her always.

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
That's what is so hard - I am struggling with missing a cat. I will grieve for her always.

Yeah, that empty space is a killer. And it is my experience that it doesn't matter if there are other pets in the house- you still miss THAT one. The only silver lining is that when, and only when you are ready, there are so many cats in shelters that you could open your home (and heart) to, and give them a loving home. Take care.

Brigid

Shiny_Rock
Many blessings to you @empliau, it’s such sad time when this happens - She gave you lots of love and joy, and she will always be beautiful!

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry for your loss @empliau

With great love there is deep grief.

Sending you gentle hugs...may her memory bring you more joy than grief one day

{{{Hugs}}}

empliau

Shiny_Rock
Many blessings to you @empliau, it’s such sad time when this happens - She gave you lots of love and joy, and she will always be beautiful!

Thank you. My daughter, who can't remember much of anything before Diamond, is inconsolable. We are grateful to be sure it was the right thing for Diamond, but the loss is immeasurable. And wasn't she gorgeous.

empliau

Shiny_Rock
I am so sorry for your loss @empliau

With great love there is deep grief.

Sending you gentle hugs...may her memory bring you more joy than grief one day

{{{Hugs}}}

You've spoken so feelingly of your animal companions - I know you understand. Thank you for the hugs. I'm trying to be strong for my daughter, but I miss my kitty so.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You've spoken so feelingly of your animal companions - I know you understand. Thank you for the hugs. I'm trying to be strong for my daughter, but I miss my kitty so.

My advice is to allow yourself to feel how you feel and to be comfortable showing that grief to your DD. Growing up with pets is such a privilege and it teaches children how to deal with the death of a loved one and how to process grief. I think it is OK not to be strong in this case. Let her see how much you loved and cherished your sweet kitty. And always will.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@empliau Her floof looks dreamy! :kiss2: What a beautiful girl! So much love between her and your family, which is a lasting and special bond no matter if she's on this earth or not.
I've found pet loss to be such a physical experience, as well as emotional. We've lost two dogs in less than two years, and it still makes me physically sick. We're never ready, even when it's been coming. Hugs to you and your daughter.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
so 3 days ago while i was feeding the backdoor tabbies (the two the SPCA wouldn't take in) and Fluffy managed to slip out, well she made a mad bolt of it actaully

she was an outside ferrel but has been inside for two years now, she did escape once before she was fixed and dissapired for a week coming home not knocked up
She is a slippery critter and has had two other days outside but both times came inside when she got hungry and showered us in love

so i was starting to get frantic, this will be the third night
it has been very hot this summer so i put extra water outside
our house has been like an oven most afternoon and nights and Gary is not overly generouse with the aircon so cats and I have not been happy in the heat

anyway i just saw her out the kitchen window on the garage roof
she looks good
i went out there with food and cat lollies and she just sat there, i pulled up a chair and waited as Mr Puff Ball came up for some cat lollies, wandering off to slumber under his spot under a a patch of very overgrown garden
But now instead of hoping down via the fence she has dissapired again, i wouldnt say as much as she had a wild look in her eye, but she was hardly giving me the love either
today is cooler (slightly) ive got the back door open, letting flies and mosquetos in hoping she will wonder in for her tea, but there is no sign of her now

im hoping latter tonight she might appear, she must be hungry, she usually has a good appatite, just a bit latter on the really hot days, she is very food focused and she never had her chicken dinner on the afternoon she escaped
she is not usually phased by the outside tabbies when they visit inside

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
These aren't my pups so if I shouldn't post them here, please let me know, but I so enjoyed volunteering today for the rescue who let me adopt my guy. It was a Howl-O-Ween costume event, some adoptable pups there, but mainly just people bringing their dogs to enjoy the day (probably the last warm day around here)! 443CED1B-F0CE-41A9-808F-727C796D3FE6.JPEG AF3B53FD-0B3A-4715-9772-301301E6A42D.JPEG
7C163932-6BF1-4671-B8E3-E6E5BD9D352D.JPEG

if they live in a shelter that must mean they have no forever family yet, so they need all the love they can get, even if its long distance internet love

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fluffy is starving
she wont come close enough for me to grab her but she is having two packets of whiskas out on our scafolding planks
something may have given her a big fright and she is very weary, its trying to rain, its going to be 11 degrees C tonight so she should be hungry in the morning

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results