Random pictures/stories of our furbabies

• Thread starter Deactivated member 42515
  • Start date

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bit of excitment we dont need here today

@mrs-b 's name sake tree came down in the wind
see Aussie trees grow so quick here, and we dont get much wind here so trees have no strength unlike Wellington trees

this beautiful monster was just over 3 1/2 years old but already towered way way way over the garage and had a trunk thicker than the width of a big dinner plate
you can imangine how wide apart the rings would be

it had been proudly flowering and lots of little birds had been enjoying it

anyway the little Fluffa Duffa was minding her bussiness and everyone else's sitting on the windowsill behind the curtain looking out at the back garden

it has been really windy today

then a huge and quite a long loud crack as the wattle split right down the middle
.thankfully its contained on the back lawn only squashing my agapanthus - but they are tough dudes and will bounce back
the other half is propped up aganist the concrete block back wall of the back neighbours garage on our back boundry
the kitchen is now lighter ! (not nessessarly a good thing if we get a summer like last year)

anyway little Fluffy got a huge fright and high tailed it up the hall
we havnt been able to find her for a few hours but she just emerged from inside a large paper bag of tissue paper spair packaging

I was just thinking yesterday i must go down to mitre 10 and buy a new Aussie native to be MRS B mark 2 because the self seeded wattle was an accident waiting to happen
im thinking about (and excuse my spelling) Eucolypts Ficafolia orange glow - they have some growing in Wellington outside the old parliment buildings and they dont grow all that high

the wattale was such a fun tree for kittens to learn to climb trees on

Well, I am, of course, very sorry she came down, but am glad nobody was hurt. Looking forward to hearing about Mrs B Mark 2!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I am, of course, very sorry she came down, but am glad nobody was hurt. Looking forward to hearing about Mrs B Mark 2!
=)2 thank you Mrs B
Gary now thinks she might have been struck by lightening - there was a lot of noise before she fell (it was during a storm)- poping sounds and poor Flffa is traumatized

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We lost our beloved Napoleon 3 months ago and Pasha last year so our trio is now a singleton. Raine (the one on the left in my avatar is 14 1/2 years old. She still has separation anxiety when I’m not home—even if my hubby or the girls are home. Not sure if I should get another puppy to keep her company. Worried that a puppy may be too active and bouncy for a senior dog. And an adult dog may be set in its way and not get along with Raine. Raine is pretty independent and can be standoffish but she loved to snuggle with Napoleon when she went to bed. The oldest age gap we ever had was introducing puppy Pasha to my then 10 years old Oscar. Any thoughts?

That is a tough one! Each dog is so different in what they want and how to get them that. My littlest dog (also the oldest) absolutely HATED the last dog we brought home. Like actively tried to attack him and was nasty. Then just sort of clicked after a couple of weeks and decided he was her best friend ever. I say this because I was thinking that there are rescues that will let you bring your dog to do a meet and greet. Some even let you bring a dog home for a weekend to have a more extended visit if that goes well. So maybe something like that? If she doesn't do well with a short visit, not sure what to suggest from there.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:kiss2: that tan one! Is that an uncommon coloring? Do they keep that color when they grow up?

That tan one on the bottom is a Buff. She is getting that peachy/tan color as she feathers. The richer color on her chest is what she is getting in and the lighter fluff is coming out. Here is a picture of the breed as an adult. Screenshot_20220623-174521.png

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The others are Silver Appleyard, Welsh Harlequin, and a Blue Swedish. The patterned bits are the feathers coming in and what they will look like. The plain but fluffy bits are the down that is coming out.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lucky duckies!!! Is this a hobby for you??

Yes, a new hobby. DH thought they would be good to eat slugs around the garden beds. That got the first two home. Then decided we needed more so got these six. May be picking up two abandoned ducks later this week if the rescue today falls through. :lol:
This is what is called chicken (or duck) math....

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, a new hobby. DH thought they would be good to eat slugs around the garden beds. That got the first two home. Then decided we needed more so got these six. May be picking up two abandoned ducks later this week if the rescue today falls through. :lol:
This is what is called chicken (or duck) math....

It's nice that you have the type of property where you can keep them. I think I'd be allowed to keep chickens, not sure about ducks. My town used to say that we couldn't have "farm animals" whatever was included in that, but that seems to have changed, at least for chickens. Won't the ducks fly away once they are grown?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's nice that you have the type of property where you can keep them. I think I'd be allowed to keep chickens, not sure about ducks. My town used to say that we couldn't have "farm animals" whatever was included in that, but that seems to have changed, at least for chickens. Won't the ducks fly away once they are grown?

You'd have to check as some places allow hens but not roosters. I'm also seeing people struggle with rehoming because a town didn't enforce the no chickens rule then started enforcing.

Some breeds of ducks fly and others don't. These don't fly. Any who do can have feathers trimmed.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fluffy is missing
she must have escaped out the back door when i thought she was up the hall
(dont trust a blind man - Gary said she was up the hall)
its ben 24 hours now, not a sign of her, ive been calling all day
fluffy.jpg
she loves Gary so much, and him, her so she needs to come home to look after him
much tears today

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds , I hope she comes home soon! Fluffy looks like a beautiful creature! Hugs and prayers for her return.

thank you
im just about to go outside and call
it looks like she jumped out the bathroom window
we usually keep the door closed if the window is open but .....
but there is just no sign of her :(2

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thank you
im just about to go outside and call
it looks like she jumped out the bathroom window
we usually keep the door closed if the window is open but .....
but there is just no sign of her :(2

Daisy, did your kitty ever return? I'm worried too

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My dog eyeing my steak and patiently waited for his share.
We are camping and curtains divide the cab from the living quarters of the van.

20220905_183751.jpg

DK :))

Brigid

Shiny_Rock
Ooh that’s very stressful @Daisys and Diamonds have you walked around your garden, street & neighbouring streets calling her name?
Many years ago my lilac point Tonkinese went missing overnight which was unusual and I found her locked in a house around the corner. She heard me calling her name as I walked past & jumped up at front window crying, she never strayed far after that!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
not yet
we are all beside ourselves
even Borris is looking for her and i didnt think Borris even liked her
i miss her so much, please come home Fluffy
its been so cold and wet the last few days

Oh dear! Well, outdoor kitties sometimes do this. I'm hoping she returns soon!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooh that’s very stressful @Daisys and Diamonds have you walked around your garden, street & neighbouring streets calling her name?
Many years ago my lilac point Tonkinese went missing overnight which was unusual and I found her locked in a house around the corner. She heard me calling her name as I walked past & jumped up at front window crying, she never strayed far after that!

i have been yes, up and down at our street at all hours of the night and day
the day she escaped we had a very windy wet weekend and very noisy v8 powerboat racing on the river that may have scared her
im most hopeful maybe she has found a boyfriend and will come home after that, normally this would be bad, but i just want her home and safe

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fluffy is an inside cat
she hasnt been outside for 18 months

Oh dear!
Then maybe she doesn't know her way home?
You can ask all your neighbors, maybe someone took her in!
And post some "Lost Cat" notices around the neighborhood. I sure hope she comes home soon!

Last edited:

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds, I keep thinking about Fluffy. Virtual hugs - I’d be out of my mind, but I did like your idea of a boyfriend given the circumstances. Hugs and hope from BonBon and I (our papillon).

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
so i was standing at the kitchen bench waiting for the jug to boil and gary said look out the window for fluffy
and there she was on the trailer in the backyard
so i had to find pants in a hurry because our backayrd isnt entirelly private
well the little minx- my darling little fur daughter was just like she is inside when she doesnt want picked up and i couldnt get near her
i dd race back inside for some food and cat lollies
and she ate something
she looked none the worse for wear
but she ran off again but after a few minutes of being cagy
we have been calling but she must be having too much fun

before she got friendly she would come inside so i am sure she will come back but i guess first she wants to have some fun ....
but im sure once she tires of those nasty boys she will rememebr how nice and warm it is inside plus food 24/7
i am still worried but at least we know she is ok and not locked in anywhere
of course we will go to the vet when she comes back

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no, I am so sorry to read this @Daisys and Diamonds and I am sending bucketloads of good luck vibes to Fluffy and her safe return. And big hugs to you.

ETA: Woohoo! Just read she returned and is A OK. Thank goodness!! ((((HUGS)))) to you, Gary and Fluffy and may she stay safe and well. And may the vet find her in great health.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results