mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its cold now
its winter
Borris still likes days outside
But her fur has got so thick and hairy
kissing her is like kissing a carpet

It is freezing!!! I've been putting mine in a coat and blasting the heater or strategically sending her out to our backyard which is fully paved at about 3 degrees warmer than inside during the day.

I fret about the oldies when it's so cold!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is freezing!!! I've been putting mine in a coat and blasting the heater or strategically sending her out to our backyard which is fully paved at about 3 degrees warmer than inside during the day.

I fret about the oldies when it's so cold!

At night we tuck Borris in under a winter pillowcase
she snuggles right down
but Fluffy is still learning about being a pet cat although she has worked the heat pump out

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My ducks have discovered they can float! Too cute. Getting to play in the tub twice a day and I am scrambling to get them a secure house with run built before their feathers come in and they are ready to be outside.

IMG_20220606_192343011_HDR.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My ducks have discovered they can float! Too cute. Getting to play in the tub twice a day and I am scrambling to get them a secure house with run built before their feathers come in and they are ready to be outside.

IMG_20220606_192343011_HDR.jpg

What type of ducks are they ?
I only know mallard (and Donald and Daffy)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A rare peaceful Oliver and Tommy moment.
No wait, I lie. They are always so sweet together in the evening.
But omg in the late afternoon through early evening they fight like cats and dogs. LOL no they fight like cats and cats. :lol:

tommyoliverandgregoncouchjune2022.png

Just hanging out with their daddy while I was on a Zoom last night. Sooo sweet.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A rare peaceful Oliver and Tommy moment.
No wait, I lie. They are always so sweet together in the evening.
But omg in the late afternoon through early evening they fight like cats and dogs. LOL no they fight like cats and cats. :lol:

tommyoliverandgregoncouchjune2022.png

Just hanging out with their daddy while I was on a Zoom last night. Sooo sweet.

Are they fighting over the remote??? LOL

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More experienced duck people said that these are both girls! Ducks got to go outside for the first time earlier this week. They're not so sure of it, but did enjoy nibbling some grass and sifting through for bugs (I think!) for a bit before walking up to the door and staring at me. I was outside with them the whole time and took that to mean had their fun and ready to go in. IMG_20220621_113047837_HDR.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220621_113054467_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220621_113054467_HDR.jpg
    491.5 KB · Views: 7

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is Zoe and her Bobo, she absolutely loves this toy and carries it everywhere despite the fact that Merlin has chewed it up.

Then of course we have to have a sleeping Dexter photo, look at that little paw curled up!
1671099F-8964-4D55-8726-E6DE7A8A90EE.jpeg

82843B05-AEEF-4EA4-9373-D10C2DEFEAF9.jpeg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The cat shelter our older son volunteers at trapped a mom and her kitten. They went back to make sure there weren’t more kittens and found this cutie hiding in a tree. Not ours, but she is so cute thought I would share, her name is Fergie:

945410AE-7351-4C69-9461-1B495AE0C474.jpeg

D45C32CD-0165-4049-8E06-DCAA09E0E79C.jpeg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not quite a photo, but appropriate for the day :roll2: :lol:

Have two ducks. Occured to me that it is a good idea to get a couple more in case anything happens to one. (Because all living beings die at some point no matter how well cared for!) No more in stock locally. Don't want to risk disease from random flocks. So ordered from a hatchery. Minimum order is 3 for their safety and comfort in shipping. Okay, so 4 it is so that I can carry pairs of two to the tub and back. Then DH asked if we shouldn't add this other breed (same as current two) because they are so awesome. Okay. Oops. You know... We can pay $18 in extra packaging fees or we can get duckling number 6 for $19. So 6 ducklings are set to hatch July 25 and ship to us that week!

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww she is the sweetest.

Screen Shot 2022-06-29 at 6.02.18 AM.png

Full disclosure. She had to have most of her teeth pulled so that is why her tongue sticks out. But she is doing great and not feeling sorry for herself and eating just fine. Animals rock in all ways. You go girl. You got this. :love:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The true cat lovers know this look, it’s that moment right before the all out attack!

01217907-578D-4A05-9463-A0D24A1A8D2A.jpeg

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not quite a photo, but appropriate for the day :roll2: :lol:

Have two ducks. Occured to me that it is a good idea to get a couple more in case anything happens to one. (Because all living beings die at some point no matter how well cared for!) No more in stock locally. Don't want to risk disease from random flocks. So ordered from a hatchery. Minimum order is 3 for their safety and comfort in shipping. Okay, so 4 it is so that I can carry pairs of two to the tub and back. Then DH asked if we shouldn't add this other breed (same as current two) because they are so awesome. Okay. Oops. You know... We can pay $18 in extra packaging fees or we can get duckling number 6 for $19. So 6 ducklings are set to hatch July 25 and ship to us that week!

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

Maybe a stupid questions, but is there a body of water on your property for the ducks when they become adults or will you add another bath tub =)2? I

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe a stupid questions, but is there a body of water on your property for the ducks when they become adults or will you add another bath tub =)2? I

We do have a creek (river? Long confusing story!) , but they won't get to go there. I have a pretty good sized plastic pool they will have for now. If we can get a drain hooked in, that will stay. If not, replaced with something different for cleanliness. Plus an additional splash pad or just sprinkler play time. The dream goal would be a fully built in with rocks and all pond with heavy duty filtration and areas that splash for them.

Though I may need another bathtub if they keep growing :eek-2: :lol:

We're getting the rest of the lumber and supplies needed for an 8'x8' fully framed duck house plus 450 square feet of predator proof covered run area. (1/2" steel hardware mesh to be buried down a foot and put a foot plus all sides and metal roofed top. Surrounded by cinder blocks planted with duck friendly plants they can munch on.) Need to keep them enclosed and safe when we can't supervise! Coyote den on the property plus at least one cougar in the area, bears, lots of eagles/hawks, bobcats, racoons, and whatever else I am forgetting.

Oh! Plus in house and in run cameras we can monitor. Predator eye lights to deter at night. Motion activated lights. Right next to the house so less prone to danger than the rest of the property, but can't be too careful!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We do have a creek (river? Long confusing story!) , but they won't get to go there. I have a pretty good sized plastic pool they will have for now. If we can get a drain hooked in, that will stay. If not, replaced with something different for cleanliness. Plus an additional splash pad or just sprinkler play time. The dream goal would be a fully built in with rocks and all pond with heavy duty filtration and areas that splash for them.

We're getting the rest of the lumber and supplies needed for an 8'x8' fully framed duck house plus 450 square feet of predator proof covered run area. (1/2" steel hardware mesh to be buried down a foot and put a foot plus all sides and metal roofed top. Surrounded by cinder blocks planted with duck friendly plants they can munch on.) Need to keep them enclosed and safe when we can't supervise! Coyote den on the property plus at least one cougar in the area, bears, lots of eagles/hawks, bobcats, racoons, and whatever else I am forgetting.

Oh! Plus in house and in run cameras we can monitor. Predator eye lights to deter at night. Motion activated lights. Right next to the house so less prone to danger than the rest of the property, but can't be too careful!

Well it sure sounds like you're all in! I hope you enjoy them and that they stay safe. Please keep us updated. They certainly are cute.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

i can see why Joey and Candles kept their duck (and chook) in their apartment

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
meet Puff-Ball

she is a wee kitty who's moved in under the house
she's got a lot less timid in quite a short time
its wet the next week so ive left the laundry open and poped a warm cat blankie on a garden chair

i keep finding the clothes horse that i have under the eves on the ground - she's playing with the towels

on her back she has dark spots but on her head and neck tabby stripes

we will get her to the SPCA as soon as we can
(of course we are feeding her - Gary says there is a sign out front inviting every stray or passing moggie to come dine at our back door)

20220706_092450.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I reason that the bed is never made because she never gets off if it ;-)

DF1BC82D-9792-42E8-B1A9-FD3EB111979B.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results