color
clarity

Random pictures/stories of our furbabies

• Thread starter Deactivated member 42515
  • Start date

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, sadly. Not sure if it is deformity called crossbeak or if an injury when the lady who hatched them drove them to me. Just a few miles away, but maybe? I'm trying to figure out which and if I can do anything to help it. Eating and drinking okay, but getting worse.

IMG_20220713_133303122_HDR.jpg

Awww! Poor little baby!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are feathering so quickly! Rearranging their area to give them a fun toy/roost, plus keeping more dry bedding area away from the waterer. Will need to lift it a bit higher in a couple of days as they keep growing. As it is, I am pulling bedding out a few times per day and replacing the (mineral, electrolyte, etc) water twice a day at minimum. Last photo shows why I am thinking they want a roost/toy....
Ducks are doing great, bit hard to get photos of as they are more demanding stomping around and very splashy in the water :lol: . Adorable, but not phone friendly!

IMG_20220715_180629308_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220715_161947091_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220715_154741349_HDR.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Came out this morning to find Dexter watching squirrel tv. Good thing he is indoor only, he would be a killer.

Off to clean the windowsill now.

F5A73836-776B-41D2-9B97-0D042BAA9BAA.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
5DFBC9E7-E07A-44CA-8986-69EAEB906307.jpeg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chicks can definitely jump/fly well now. Had a near escape when I actually had the mosquito netting cover ready to put on. Chicks are not pleased they can't continue the escape attempts, but do enjoy their miniature roost and love the mushed food I added to the offerings to help the crossbeak.

Ducks had a moment of realization today. They actually might like the outdoors :lol: . Hoping that continues and they are ready for the transition when their house is done. IMG_20220716_195709221.jpg

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
FB_IMG_1564246794524.jpg This is Betty Blue, the Catahoula. (Yes her eyes really are this color and her skin is mostly black under all that white hair!)

We rescued her with the thoughts that my disabled veteran husband would have a day companion. Turns out instead of being a therapy dog, she is our "needs therapy" dog. She has issues with our hardwood floors and runs from rug to rug Scooby-Doo style throughout the house. We have had her 4 years so you would think she would realize she won't fall through to hell on the floors, but nope!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chicken snuggles and first (brief) visit to play in water for the littlest ducks. And one of the three dogs just because they are always fun too! Roosters are now gone to a friend with a rooster area except my little crossbeak who stays with us. IMG_20220804_182650670_HDR.jpg IMG_20220802_174120464.jpg IMG_20220627_104601710_HDR.jpg

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
We lost our beloved Napoleon 3 months ago and Pasha last year so our trio is now a singleton. Raine (the one on the left in my avatar is 14 1/2 years old. She still has separation anxiety when I’m not home—even if my hubby or the girls are home. Not sure if I should get another puppy to keep her company. Worried that a puppy may be too active and bouncy for a senior dog. And an adult dog may be set in its way and not get along with Raine. Raine is pretty independent and can be standoffish but she loved to snuggle with Napoleon when she went to bed. The oldest age gap we ever had was introducing puppy Pasha to my then 10 years old Oscar. Any thoughts?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some new photos:

Watching tv together
699FAE90-A2F4-46A7-83F2-03ECDBC77B99.jpeg

I was trying to figure out how the pillow got to the end of the hallway then…..
E8896B33-F820-437B-A139-7BE122456377.jpeg

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Silly Bertie scared of the overhead fans
FEABD52A-7CBC-4622-8EC8-C64566156019.jpeg
Oh my goodness, he looks pathetic! poor thing. Is he afraid other moving things like the vacuum? my dog is afraid of water, the vacuum, mops, etc. He runs away and hides.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lookinagain, no he’s pretty bombproof with everything else, just doesn’t like the moving overhead fan, no idea why as he often lays right next to a large air purifier, and has the Roomba circling around him.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lookinagain, no he’s pretty bombproof with everything else, just doesn’t like the moving overhead fan, no idea why as he often lays right next to a large air purifier, and has the Roomba circling around him.

yes, if I could figure out why my guy is afraid of certain things, I guess I'd be doggie mind reader. Funny though, isn't i? Seems to be no rhyme or reason to it.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
bit of excitment we dont need here today

@mrs-b 's name sake tree came down in the wind
see Aussie trees grow so quick here, and we dont get much wind here so trees have no strength unlike Wellington trees

this beautiful monster was just over 3 1/2 years old but already towered way way way over the garage and had a trunk thicker than the width of a big dinner plate
you can imangine how wide apart the rings would be

it had been proudly flowering and lots of little birds had been enjoying it

anyway the little Fluffa Duffa was minding her bussiness and everyone else's sitting on the windowsill behind the curtain looking out at the back garden

it has been really windy today

then a huge and quite a long loud crack as the wattle split right down the middle
.thankfully its contained on the back lawn only squashing my agapanthus - but they are tough dudes and will bounce back
the other half is propped up aganist the concrete block back wall of the back neighbours garage on our back boundry
the kitchen is now lighter ! (not nessessarly a good thing if we get a summer like last year)

anyway little Fluffy got a huge fright and high tailed it up the hall
we havnt been able to find her for a few hours but she just emerged from inside a large paper bag of tissue paper spair packaging

I was just thinking yesterday i must go down to mitre 10 and buy a new Aussie native to be MRS B mark 2 because the self seeded wattle was an accident waiting to happen
im thinking about (and excuse my spelling) Eucolypts Ficafolia orange glow - they have some growing in Wellington outside the old parliment buildings and they dont grow all that high

the wattale was such a fun tree for kittens to learn to climb trees on

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results