shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about my Tacori

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Katy, I'm not sure you can expect any more than Tacori agreeing to look at it a second time and repair it to their standards. I am afraid that you have changed your mind about the ring and just want a refund at this point, but it is probably not likely that that will happen.

I do need to say that there have been many issues reported on this forum regarding lost stones, etc., with Tacori rings, so even if your jeweler had sold you a perfect ring in the beginning, it was still quite possible that you would have had lost little stones over time, anyway. So if they fix your ring now, just don't think it is going to stay perfect because it probably won't. We've seen Leon Mege rings lose pave stones, so it can happen to the best rings.

I would just encourage you to remember what you wrote below and focus on the fact that out of his love for you, your fiance picked a ring he thought you would love. I would try my best to love the ring because it represents his love and commitment to you. I really hope you can accept the ring when it comes back from Tacori this time and move forward and enjoy your engagement!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Katy, I think it's great that you have finally been able to talk to someone from Tacori about all this. I would definitely let them take a look at it. I do believe they will be honest about it's condition and do what it takes to make sure it's up to their standards.

I agree with Diamondseeker that any ring with pave has the potential to lose stones. That is just the nature of owning that style of ring. Many people go years without any trouble but it's important to be aware of the pro's and cons of any style setting. If you are a pave owner, you do have to baby your ring a lot more than someone who owns a plain band.

I understand that you want all of this behind but I do hope that by working with Tacori directly that you can begin to feel good about your ring again and look at it with joy and happiness

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Katy, I am very impressed with a Tacori rep contacting you and giving you a way to contact her directly. I would make good use of that contact, especially detailing everything you told us here about the very unprofessional treatment you received from the jeweler, the fact that you were sold a ring without knowing about the Tacori warranty cards, and them trying to do an end-run around the Tacori warranty by sizing/fixing the ring themselves. I would suggest to her that Tacori evaluate the jeweler's status as an authorized dealer.

As far as your worries about the ring staying in good shape over the years, I just want you to know that I have been wearing my set for 2 years now with NO problems. Both the e-ring and w-band have crescents with little diamonds in them on the galleries and millegrained channel-set baguettes on the shoulders. Other than minute indentations on the vertical prongs of the basket that hold the center diamond that got there from the w-band hitting the e-ring because I refuse to solder my rings together, the rings show absolutely no signs of wear at all. I have never had a diamond fall out & the rings are still in perfect round. Keep in mind that Tacori did the sizing.

Since the rep offered to take back the ring one more time to make sure it is fixed properly, I would definitely take her up on this, especially since, for all intents and purposes, the jeweler is out of the loop. In my opinion, it would not be unreasonable to ask her for a completely new ring. All she could say is, No, we can fix this to where it will look great. My personal opinion is that you can trust her judgment. I have two Tacoris, one platinum and one white gold and both have held up very well, so hopefully this gives you a little peace of mind. I know it is hard to separate the ring itself from the experience, but hopefully once you have your completed, gorgeous ring, you'll be able to over time.

I am attaching a photo of the sides of my ring (although my crescents only go halfway down the shank because I have the 1/2X style), but it gives you an idea of the intricacy of the design. Although delicate, the rings have been incredibly durable.

Tacori_HT2352_SIDE.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is gorgeous, NEU! Is the e-ring platinum or wg? In another conversation a long time ago, there was some speculation that the wg was more durable. But it sounds like they may have changed the platinum they use, too, which is good for customers!

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks diamondseeker! My wedding set in platinum. My right-hand-ring is white gold. I have been happy with both!Here is a kinda blurry photo of the white gold one.

SapphireTacori2.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, be still my beating heart! I LOVE your RHR, too! :love: Is it a sapphire, I assume? I need more pictures...do you have a thread on it? I looked at Tacori settings at a jewelry store today, as a matter of fact!

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Katy, I have pictures of my ring (the same one you have) and if you'd like to see them if you decide to keep the ring, let me know--I'll definitely post some for you. Maybe it'll make you fall in love with it all over again :) I have had no problems with mine and I have had it since July 2010.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Katy, if you do decide to go to court, I would go with the attitude that you are standing up for yourself. If you lost, how much worse
would it be? But if you did nothing, would you regret it later for not doing whatever you could to stand up for what is right?

All this will be moot, if Tacori can make your ring right. I think if they say it is right, it will be. I hope so. I hope it is perfect and
beautiful and all you would want it to be and you will be able to move on to life with your man.

KatyBug513

Rough_Rock
Thank you guys so much, I agree that Tacori will definitely fix it and have it looking beautiful and I don't think that they would lie to me and tell me that the integrity of the ring is fine if it truly wasn't, because like I said, they have nothing to lose. It's not their butt on the line, they didn't do the sizing work on it so whether or not the integrity of the ring is gone, is really none of their concern. I really feel as when they tell me, "we touched your ring up again, the master craftsman at Tacori has looked at your ring and says it's fine and you shouldn't have any problems out of the norm with it" that they will be telling me the truth.

It is hard to separate the experience from the ring but honestly, when this all very first started and we were trying to get them to get me a new band before Tacori ever first fixed the ring, I kept thinking to myself, "I really don't want a new ring, I mean, I want one that's perfect and not messed up but I want the one he proposed to me with." You know!? So, I really do WANT this ring, this is what he gave to me and proposed to me with. And like my Mom said, "I think once this girl looks at it and she has her master craftsman look at it and you FINALLY get to wear a ring on your finger, you will start feeling like it's 'your ring' again and you'll start feeling better about it." Because it's true, I haven't worn the ring longer than a week and that was 3 months ago, lol.

What, if any, from the ladies that have Tacori rings on here, do you suggest to handle/take care of the ring? I did baby it in the time that I had it, I kinda baby anything I have that is really expensive, lol. But, I do work at a law firm, as I mentioned earlier in a post, so I do handle a lot of files and do a lot of filing, so, I don't technically work or do any manual labor with my hands but I do some hands on work. But what do you ladies suggest in keeping them looking good, etc.? The Tacori rep did tell me I can have my ring taken to ANY authorized dealer for them to look at, tighten up any stones that they feel are loose, clean it, etc. Or I can always have it sent to them for any of the same reasons, to touch up millgraining, to have it cleaned, etc.

Here is some pictures of my ring pre all of jewelers headache, lol:

Katy%20Ring%201.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
WOW, katy, DROOL!!!! Your ring is so GORGEOUS! :lickout: I can't wait to see more photos of the finished project.

Since the jeweler I bought my Tacoris from is 42 miles away, I just go back about twice a year to have my rings cleaned and polished. It gives me a good excuse to attend a Richard Landi showing or something else fun (and dangerous) like that! That is all, I don't clean anything myself. work for a CPA where I also do tons of filing, but the only thing I have ever done is accidentally hit my ring against a file cabinet, but nothing happened to it. I can't remember if your ring is platinum or white gold but that really should not matter. As you can see from the photo above, the sapphire in my white gold Tacori sits relatively high off the hand, giving me ample opportunities to hit it against something, but again nothing bad has ever happened to it.

KatyBug513

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much! :)

That's awesome you do a lot of the same stuff I do, that's what I was worried about, filing cabinets and stuff, haha. If anything if I have a lot of filing work to do, I'll just take it off before I do it and put it on when I'm finished, lol. Okay, great, I don't intend on cleaning it myself either and I always take all my jewelry off when I shower, wash my hands, put lotion on, etc anyway, I've always done that since as long as I can remember. My only worry is when I move to Italy in October to live with my fiance, because that's where he's stationed, there will be no one there that is an authorized dealer, but I should be coming home at least twice a year, so in those times I come home, I'll just make a stop to one of the authorized dealers at home and have them look at it, tighten anything up and clean it.

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
I think there might be a particular gel cleanser that Tacori recommends if you want to do your own cleaning, but I have never asked Collections about it. I put a call in this morning to get pricing on that Tacori pendant I posted above, so I will ask them about it when they call me back and let you know what they say. If you take your ring off before applying lotion, etc., it should stay really clean looking.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Katy, your ring is absolutely gorgeous :love: :love: :love: !!!!! I truly hope Tacori will repair it to your satisfaction!!! The thing you need to do after getting the ring back is to have an appraisal and get insurance that will cover the ring for loss, theft, or DAMAGE!!! That way, if you did actually get it caught in a door or something and smash it (ouch!), your insurance would cover it. I have Chubb and they write a check for a loss like that, but I think they start at $10,000 in value, which I am sure your ring is over.

(NEU...adore the pendant, too!)

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
DS, is your Chubb insurance strictly a stand-alone jewelry policy, or an add-on to another policy, like homeowners?

(Can't wait to get pricing on that pendant - hope I can afford it sometime soon!)

KatyBug513

Rough_Rock
Yes, I need to get it insured as soon as possible. They, the jewelry store, were supposed to have sent me the appraisal forever ago so thats one of the things they're going to give to me once this is all settled and done and I get my ring. Tacori valued it at about $8,000, but I was just going to add it onto the other insurance policies I already have.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
We're ring twins :)

Do you have the full diamond band or half?

Personally, I clean mine with a baby toothbrush and Dawn. Thats it.

Once in a while I'll have the jeweler clean it but it is really rare. Other than that I just try not to bang it around on anything or slam my hands down on anything either. :)

joey_v

Shiny_Rock
IMG_2659.jpg
IMG_2704.jpg
My wife has the same ring!!

It's a beauty.... and she loves it.

I hope all your issues are resolved and you're back with your ring!

KatyBug513

Rough_Rock
Autumnovember|1299968958|2870365 said:

Once in a while I'll have the jeweler clean it but it is really rare. Other than that I just try not to bang it around on anything or slam my hands down on anything either. :)

Mine is only half way, which I thought they only made half way around ones, I wasn't aware you could get one that went all the way around and I'm glad my fiance didn't because I feel like I'd definitely be losing diamonds out of the bottom of the band if it went all the way around.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Katy,

I hate to be a skeptic, but how do you know for sure that the woman was really a Tacori rep, and not someone from the jeweler pretending to be a Tacori rep? I don't trust them at all! :nono:

Your ring really is gorgeous by the way!

SpareMyWallet

Shiny_Rock
If it were me, I would do everything in my power to return the ring. How would upgrades work? I assume you never want to work the that same jeweler again, so how would crediting your original purchase work when upgrading? I doubt any other jeweler will honor the purchase price of the diamond. It just seems like you're starting off on the wrong foot. Every time I'd looked at the ring I would think of the horrible experience I went through.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, fun to see others with the same beautiful ring!

NEU...my Chubb policy is stand-alone. Apparently some people have had trouble getting one, but I didn't at all. All I put on it was the e-ring and studs, but I really want to add my Tiffany Legacy band and possibly a new watch. I just don't insure lower priced items that I could easily replace if something happened to them.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
KatyBug513|1300035092|2870778 said:
Autumnovember|1299968958|2870365 said:

Mine is only half way, which I thought they only made half way around ones, I wasn't aware you could get one that went all the way around and I'm glad my fiance didn't because I feel like I'd definitely be losing diamonds out of the bottom of the band if it went all the way around.

I have the full band, and although I try not to hit it hard on anything it has happened several times and I still haven't had any issues with any diamonds falling out.

KatyBug513

Rough_Rock
Laila619|1300040793|2870823 said:
Katy,

I hate to be a skeptic, but how do you know for sure that the woman was really a Tacori rep, and not someone from the jeweler pretending to be a Tacori rep? I don't trust them at all! :nono:

Because she gave me her Tacori email address to contact her and because their is an attorney involved, they'd be a real complete idiot to have some girl pretend to be someone she isn't. Plus, another person named Elisa from Tacori has contacted my attorney as well.

KatyBug513

Rough_Rock
SpareMyWallet|1300041111|2870826 said:
If it were me, I would do everything in my power to return the ring. How would upgrades work? I assume you never want to work the that same jeweler again, so how would crediting your original purchase work when upgrading? I doubt any other jeweler will honor the purchase price of the diamond. It just seems like you're starting off on the wrong foot. Every time I'd looked at the ring I would think of the horrible experience I went through.

I've done everything in my power to return the ring, I have an attorney involved. The only other option is to go to court, at this point, I have bigger fish to fry. My fiance will deploy again a year from October, I just want the ring on my finger, it really doesn't look bad at all, I don't want people here to think it looks like someone ran over it with their car. If anyone looked at it, they'd say, "WOW YOUR RING IS GORGEOUS," and not know nor notice nothing anything that has happened with it.

My only worry was the integrity and apparently they (Tacori) are more than willing to stand by it with their warranty still intact on the ring so I can separate my experience from my ring. Just as I want so badly to be with my fiance while we are separated while he's stationed overseas also I want so badly to be with my ring at this point, lol.

I've exasperated all options, lesson learned, ask more questions, do more research. This was mine and my fiance's first jewelry purchase ever so consider it a lesson learned and move on from it.

If the ring was absolutely awful and looked terrible, I'd clearly not be finished with the problem, but I am SO tired of dealing with this and the ring looks fine and if they're willing to stand by their warranty on the ring and continue to further work with the ring through another authorized dealer so I no longer have to deal with this jeweler, then why not accept it?

Tacori, who has done nothing wrong in this situation, has went above and beyond to make sure I'm happy and my ring is as good as it can possibly be, they didn't owe me that at all considering this wasn't their problem.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
KatyBug513|1300066702|2871078 said:
Laila619|1300040793|2870823 said:
Katy,

Because she gave me her Tacori email address to contact her and because their is an attorney involved, they'd be a real complete idiot to have some girl pretend to be someone she isn't. Plus, another person named Elisa from Tacori has contacted my attorney as well.

Ok, whew!! I'm very happy Tacori is being so helpful. :) That is great news. Let's hope this mess will be fixed soon. HUGS.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Katy, I'm so glad things seem to be falling into place. I really hope everything works out to your satisfaction. I feel encouraged now that a tacori rep has gotten involved. Your ring is so gorgeous! And it's such a special ring, too. It's the one your fiancée looked at and thought "that's really pretty. I think Katy would like this". This rocky experience won't tarnish the love that he felt when he bought this ring for you. And that's what the ring stands for - his love and devotion to you.

SpareMyWallet

Shiny_Rock
In any situation, the pictured Tacori looks very riveting! Set it, and.... forget it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results