shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about my Tacori

KatyBug513

Rough_Rock
I'm glad that if anything other than me being happy at the end of this comes from this situation, it's that people may be more cautious when purchasing more expensive things and ask all the needed questions. As Meg kind of said, had I bought this ring myself, I might have asked all the right questions, because I'm skeptical and I just know after hearing others talk about purchasing rings, the paperwork that most people get/got, I never got, STILL don't have. They were supposed to send my appraisal in the mail, STILL don't have that. Still no phone call, still no letter, nothing.

I've never in my life as a customer been treated this poorly for something that was not at all, my fault. But I do hope that Meg, you have a better experience, as they all suggested above, it shouldn't cost any extra for them to send it to Tacori to have the stone placed and sized if needed. Most authorized jewelers will pay for the shipping as I think the $70 for insured shipping is the least they can do for someone who just paid $5k+ on a ring, LOL.

That being said, my jeweler when I questioned him why I wasn't given the option to send the ring to Tacori to be worked on when they ruined it told me, "Well because it would be expensive and we'd have to ask you to pay for the shipping and the insurance on shipping it."

Nothing this jeweler tells me, goes along with ANYTHING I've heard from those on here, other jewelers, other authorized Tacori jewelers, etc.

I'm just ready for this to be over with, they're obviously not going to contact me, they've now had my ring for a month and want to do nothing to help me so I think it's time to lawyer up. So thankful I work for a law firm, so, so thankful!

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Katy, the more you tell about this jeweler, the more I want to go and strangle him with my bare hands. I have NEVER heard of a customer, no matter what price jewelry piece they were buying, being asked to PAY to ship an item back to the manufacturer, especially if THE JEWELER screwed it up! I hate to say this, but I feel like I can now that your relationship with this jeweler is (probably) officially over, but I wonder if there is some weird thing going on between the jeweler and Tacori, like maybe he owes them money or something. That would be the only reason I can see why the jeweler would not want to include Tacori in the conversations about the piece. Maybe a far-fetched notion, but it's possible.

Anyway, please let us all know when you get your money back (as I'm sure you will!) and what you plan to do next. Good luck and again, I'm so sorry you were put through this!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd challenge him and tell him you'll be glad to pay the shipping to send it back to Tacori so they can REMAKE the ring!! :angryfire:

I'd get one of your attorneys to write some kind of demand letter. I'd want a brand new ring from Tacori or a refund, period. The refund would be best so you could get the ring through a decent jeweler.

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1296957585|2844466 said:
I'd challenge him and tell him you'll be glad to pay the shipping to send it back to Tacori so they can REMAKE the ring!! :angryfire:

I'd get one of your attorneys to write some kind of demand letter. I'd want a brand new ring from Tacori or a refund, period. The refund would be best so you could get the ring through a decent jeweler.

I most definitely agree with that statement. It would be far better for Katy to get the money and run.

KatyBug513

Rough_Rock
Yeah, I was shocked as well that I would have to foot the bill to ship something back to Tacori, or ship it to be sized which is apparently why they didn't give me the option because they didn't want to have to ask me to pay for it or something. I'm starting to wonder as well if there is something fishy with them and Tacori, maybe they are about to lose their partnership with them or something or maybe this has happened so many times that the owner of the jewelry store I got my ring is so tired of footing the money to pay for all of the mistakes, etc. Who knows at this point. I've asked other authorized dealers and they all told me that had I got the ring from them, they would have sent it to them to be sized, no questions asked, and paid for the shipping for it to be sent there as well.

I've still received no phone call, no letter, no appraisal they were supposed to send me two weeks ago, etc. So, my mom got back from her cruise last night and I assume if she and her attorney (we both work for the same law firm) that has been the one helping me with this, have enough time today, we'll call and try and get into contact with the owner as he was supposed to call me and at least tell me he received my letter and never did.

I cannot wait for this to be over with, they have absolutely no ground to walk on and I will make this local news if possible, there are plenty of people on all of the various local news networks around here that love to get involved and help with things like that, especially since my fiance is active duty military stationed overseas currently.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can't believe you still haven't received any response! I hope you can reach the owner today and that some progress will be made without having to involve your firm but I'm glad you have that option available if you need it!

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
KatyBug513|1297182634|2846612 said:
Yeah, I was shocked as well that I would have to foot the bill to ship something back to Tacori, or ship it to be sized which is apparently why they didn't give me the option because they didn't want to have to ask me to pay for it or something. I'm starting to wonder as well if there is something fishy with them and Tacori, maybe they are about to lose their partnership with them or something or maybe this has happened so many times that the owner of the jewelry store I got my ring is so tired of footing the money to pay for all of the mistakes, etc. Who knows at this point. I've asked other authorized dealers and they all told me that had I got the ring from them, they would have sent it to them to be sized, no questions asked, and paid for the shipping for it to be sent there as well.

I've still received no phone call, no letter, no appraisal they were supposed to send me two weeks ago, etc. So, my mom got back from her cruise last night and I assume if she and her attorney (we both work for the same law firm) that has been the one helping me with this, have enough time today, we'll call and try and get into contact with the owner as he was supposed to call me and at least tell me he received my letter and never did.

I cannot wait for this to be over with, they have absolutely no ground to walk on and I will make this local news if possible, there are plenty of people on all of the various local news networks around here that love to get involved and help with things like that, especially since my fiance is active duty military stationed overseas currently.

YOU GO GIRL! it would be like that 20/20 expose where Diane Sawyer exposed the jeweler that was stealing diamonds out of people's rings and replacing them with CZs!I'm cheering you on! :appl:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
KatyBug513|1297182634|2846612 said:

I'm in the sandbox too and I've got someone trying to take advantage of the fact that I'm far away and shipping can be slow. I hope you rake them over the coals good and get every penny back.

KatyBug513

Rough_Rock
So, after not receiving any calls or anything back from my letter. I called them with my mom and attorney sitting in on the phone call and asked to speak to the manager on Thursday. Of course, he wasn't there, so they said they'd take a message and he'd call me back. Left a message, regarding my letter and no one called me. I got home on Friday to see I had a certified mail thing that says I have to go to the post office to pick up a letter since no one was home to sign for it. I am about to leave my house Saturday morning to go get the letter and the manager calls me, "I saw that you had left a message for Mr. Stafford, I was just calling to see if there was anything I can do." Obviously the owner is going to revert every phone call to this guy. So I said, "Nope, going to pick up the letter now, I'll call if there is anything I need to speak to anyone about."

I go get the letter and it's from a law firm in Cleveland, not anywhere near where I live, but their last name is the same as the owner of the store, so I see I have met my match when it comes to knowing attorneys, whatever, they're divorce attorneys, they aren't any more knowing than the patent attorneys I work for.

The letter says they received my correspondence of 1/28/2011 and that there were MULTIPLE discrepancies in my facts in the letter. (Not true, everything I put in that letter was 115% true and factual).

They go on to say, "Per your prior request, we have sent your ring to Tacori, any and all work that is done will not be charged to (my fiance) and we hope that this resolves all conflicts with your ring. Your request to return the ring is not without our sale policies and can not be made."

Okay, so first off, NEVER REQUESTED TO HAVE MY RING SENT ANYWHERE. That was THEIR DEAL. Not mine. And I never called the owner back and told him that I wanted it sent, I never told ANYONE to send it anywhere. So now, they're sending my PERSONAL PROPERTY places without my permission.

I then call the jewelry store to ask When my ring was sent? Where it is currently? And when it would be expected to come back?

The owner tells me he doesn't know when it was sent or when it will come back or who sent it. "Maybe the owner, probably the shipper." YEAH OF COURSE THE SHIPPER SENT IT, THATS HIS JOB. TO SHIP THINGS.

He said he could tell me on Monday when their accounting people are in and can look at the books and tell me when it was sent.

So NO ONE knows where my ring is, I can't speak to the owner because he reverts my phone calls to the manager and my ring isn't insured because I still have never gotten the appraisal I asked from them 3 weeks ago so if my ring gets lost or something, I have nothing to fall back on.

I am seriously to the point where I can only laugh at this anymore. I don't know what the hell to do. I'm taking the letter and the new information of no one at the store knowing where my ring is to the attorneys at work and I'm going legal with this from now on. It's absolutely appalling to me that I'm having to do this and it may end up costing me money but they have literally, pardon my french, but EFFED themselves all the way to the court room with the decisions they keep making on my behalf on MY ring.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Katy, I know you wanted to be done with them and have them do a refund, but if they are actually having Tacori repair the ring at their expense, that probably would be considered a satisfactory resolution since you had left it with them to repair. It is not good that the ring is not insured yet. Do you have a sales receipt for the setting and a receipt for the diamond along with a grading certificate? I would try to get it covered if at all possible. My insurance does allow sales receipts to insure but some do not. If they lose it while it is in their possession, I would think they would be liable. But you need proof of the purchase.

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
It's my understanding that the ring falls under the store's insurance while in their possession (including Tacori's). I think that them sending it back to Tacori is a good thing. Hopefully the ring will come back in perfect condition.

KatyBug513

Rough_Rock
I can't trust that they sent it back there, I want to see proof that it was sent to Tacori and proof that it came back from Tacori.

And I have no certificates, no grading certificates, nothing. I just have a purchase receipt on the jewelers paper of the type of center diamond it is and the band and how much they both were, that's it.

KatyBug513

Rough_Rock
Also, what about the two diamonds that are smaller and that jeweler admitted to replacing with the original Tacori diamonds in the band? Tacori isn't going to want those, unless the jeweler truly is going to open check book pay for EVERYTHING, then they should cover the difference in whatever the two diamonds that need to be in there as opposed to what's actually in there.

I want proof of all of this, it'd be one thing if I could trust these people but I can't. No one knows where my ring is or when and who sent it, that's sketchy from the jump.

I want proof of it being sent, I want the work order of everything they said needed to be fixed and I want to see that my jeweler paid for EVERYTHING on the list to be fixed, including replacing the diamonds they stuck in my band when they lost two of them.

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Katy, I can understand your concern at this point. I don't think that you're going to get actual physical proof of everything you are asking for. My opinion is that they really did send the ring to Tacori once you threatened legal action against them. What I would do is contact the jeweler right now and tell them that since they sent the ring to Tacori, that you want Tacori to send one of their Authenticity Cards along with the ring so that you can register the ring, and as proof that they repaired it. The card is blue, is the size of a credit card and comes in a blue folder, just so you know what to look for.

If the ring comes back looking good, then just be glad. They are probably not going to comply with your request to prove everything they did. At this point, how Tacori handles the repair is between them and the jeweler. The jeweler could be are risk of losing his ability to be a Tacori authorized jeweler.

At some point, I hope that Pricescope rules would not preclude you telling us the name of the jeweler so that other PSers can stay away.

KatyBug513

Rough_Rock
Still no ring, it's been over a month that they supposedly 'sent' it to Tacori, no word on where it is.

I'm so over this I could scream. It makes me sick to my stomach that my fiance is paying on a ring with money he made while being shot at in Afghanistan and I haven't even had a ring on my finger in over two months. We're getting married next July, maybe by that time I'll actually have one on my finger, that would be nice.

In response to the second to last post, I've never threatened legal action, they, up to this point, still have no idea I work for an attorney and I've had an attorney looking over my letters. I've been signing them and just letting him look over them before I send them to make sure I've crossed my T's and dotted my I's. But as of now, he's agreed to being my attorney and will be handling things from here on out. They never responded to my last letter I sent in regards to them writing me telling me that my letter had discrepancies in it and I asked them to explain what was wrong in my letter, I asked them why it couldn't be returned after they ruined it and I also said that only upon a list of bulleted points would I accept the ring back and consider the problem solved (Receive proper paperwork I should have been given, that all warranties on the ring are still intact, that the diamonds they made fall out and replaced with smaller, less value, are replaced with the diamonds that SHOULD be in the ring, that I see a expense report or something saying what was fixed on my ring from Tacori, grading certificates on my diamdond, etc.). Never heard a response to that letter, never got a call about where my ring is, if it's there. I call and ask and they treat me like shit. I called and asked who sent it and when and all I got was, "It was sent the week before last." And when I asked, "Can I have a specific date?" He said, "Why is that important?"

I'm SOOO ready to sue the hell out of this company it's not even funny. I try not to think about this because when I do, it literally makes me want to burst into tears and throw up. It makes me so sick to my stomach to be treated like this when I've done nothing wrong.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, I'm so sorry KatyBug. :blackeye: I can't even imagine how upset you must feel. They are being horrible. :angryfire: Don't give up on this, keep fighting them.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
gosh Katy, this whole thing is truly awful :(( I'm glad you have an attorney going to bat for you though and really do hope all of this turns out happily. Is there any one you can talk to at Tacori to verify what this jeweler is telling you. I would try to get ahold of someone there telling them that your jeweler isn't providing you with any info and see if they will at least confirm that it is there. Do you have other Tacori dealers in your area? I might go to one of them and plead your case and see if they have a rep at Tacori they can contact for you or give you their contact information. I just can't believe Tacori would want this situation handled this way at all and I think trying to reach them might prove beneficial for you.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry too Katy, that jeweler and his staff are being such jerks. Sounds like you'd feel better if you just knew the status of your ring. I've never dealt with Tacori, but just from reading posts on PS I gather that it can take a while for a ring to be finished by them. I also think that maybe you should try contacting Tacori directly. Or maybe your mother could call the store in your place. Who knows, maybe they'll be more cooperative. Ugh, I'm sorry about all of this!

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
KatyBug513|1299444059|2866195 said:
Still no ring, it's been over a month that they supposedly 'sent' it to Tacori, no word on where it is.

In response to the second to last post, I've never threatened legal action, they, up to this point, still have no idea I work for an attorney and I've had an attorney looking over my letters.

That was me, I misunderstood, Sorry. I guess your lawyer is the best person to gauge when is the best time to get actively involved. Sometimes a letter from an attorney is a good eye-opener. But if the ring is taking a long time, my guess is that it is at Tacori getting repaired and it might take some time depending on the damage done by the jeweler. I hope that this experience leads Tacori to terminate their relationship with the jeweler. What you are going through is unbelievable and I am sorry your experience has been ruined.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If they are possibly remaking the ring, I would allow 6 weeks before giving up and threatening anything.

So sorry Katy..we're here waiting for what we hope will be a good ending for you!

KatyBug513

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the kinds words and info. I'm not threatening anything yet, my attorney is just going to send a letter asking where the ring was as it was promised to my Mother to be back at the end of this last week and we got no call and they never responded to my last letter stating the only way I'd accept this problem to be solved was by such and such and such. So, he is going to send a letter from him this time, see if that doesn't get the ball rolling.

I certainly HOPE it is being re-made at Tacori, because what they did to that ring can't be fixed in my eyes. But they told me that they weren't willing to pay to have a new band made so I can't imagine that's what they're doing unless Tacori came back and told them there was no chance they could fix the ring and the best bet was to remake it and they decided to do that instead of coming back and telling me, "We can't fix it at all," because they knew that would be a whole different level of issues, lol.

I'll keep you guys updated though, thanks so much. Nothing in mine and my fiance's life has really ever been easy, I guess this isn't going to be either, lol.

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
KatyBug513|1299508704|2866579 said:
Thanks for all the kinds words and info. I'm not threatening anything yet, my attorney is just going to send a letter asking where the ring was as it was promised to my Mother to be back at the end of this last week and we got no call and they never responded to my last letter stating the only way I'd accept this problem to be solved was by such and such and such. So, he is going to send a letter from him this time, see if that doesn't get the ball rolling.

I certainly HOPE it is being re-made at Tacori, because what they did to that ring can't be fixed in my eyes. But they told me that they weren't willing to pay to have a new band made so I can't imagine that's what they're doing unless Tacori came back and told them there was no chance they could fix the ring and the best bet was to remake it and they decided to do that instead of coming back and telling me, "We can't fix it at all," because they knew that would be a whole different level of issues, lol.

I have a feeling that is exactly what happened. I'm pretty sure that Tacori isn't going to let their retailers tell them, "Well, this is what we are going to do/what we're not going to do, blah blah blah." I bet the retailers have to do what Tacori wants them to do. I really do hope that Tacori dumps them as an authorized retailer and I hope that someday, you reveal the name of the jeweler so that other PSers can stay away.

When it's all said and done, though, I hope that you love your ring. That's what's most important!

KatyBug513

Rough_Rock
Yeah, I would think that would be how it would go as well. After speaking with another authorized dealer in town, they let me know Tacori doesn't send out or let jewelry stores have their rings unless they look what they consider to be 'perfect' you know? So, I'm hoping that's what they did as well, the jewelry store probably just doesn't want to tell me that, if that's the case, because it'd be like basically telling me, "You were right," and we all know how hard that is for some people to say, lol.

I will definitely let other people know what jewelry store it is after everything is all said and done, I don't want to do or say anything to bite me in the butt while it's still being handled.

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Exactly! Here's hoping for a happy ending SOON!

KatyBug513

Rough_Rock
OKAYYYY, so, after my attorney sending the letter telling them that they had until the end of business day March 9, 2011 to reply in full and complete to my letter from three weeks ago or this would turn into a totally different issue, he received a call less than 24 hours after he sent the letter from their attorney stating the ring was back in the store from Tacori with the warranty information and that the problem has been solved. I'm real tired of them telling me what's been solved and what isn't, this is MY problem, not theirs, they don't get to decide when it's done, I do. So, my attorney called him back and said, we asked for more paperwork than just the warranty information in our letter so ALL of the paperwork needs to be there with the ring that we asked for and the attorney said it is and asked us when we would go there because the owner wanted to be there to speak to us about the situation. My attorney called him back Wednesday and told him we'd be there Thursday, between 12 and 2.

Yesterday, we get up there at 1pm, the manager comes out and asks if we need help with anything and we ask to see the owner and he tells us he's packing up his safe and leaving and we say we were supposed to be meeting him here at this time, he goes back in their little room and comes back out and says, "He already left for the day." Yet again, avoidance, no one at this store can do what they say they'll do ever. So he comes out with my ring and the Tacori blue card and envelope, nothing else and says, I was told you'd be here today to get this and I'm just coming in on the tail end here so we say, we were supposed to meet with the owner and there is supposed to be much more paperwork, we need the appraisal, proof it was sent to Tacori, what Tacori did to fix it, what you told them to do to fix it, warranty information from you, grading certificates, etc. And he said, "Well, I can get the appraisal to you, we just have to print it off, that won't take long at all, here is the warranty and certificate authenticity from Tacori, our warranty is just spoken for, there is no need for paperwork on it, and here's the receipt from Tacori." The Tacori receipt showed they replaced milgraining and reshaped/sized the ring and it cost a total of, $100.00. So, I look at the ring and the small diamond that was admittedly put in there by their jeweler at Stafford because "it was the best he had" looked to me as if it hadn't been replaced, so I tell the manager that, he takes the ring and goes and looks at it back in their little room and comes back out and tells me that he thinks it has and that it looks the same to him. Then we basically get into a match of explaining how much hell we've been put through and that they've ruined one of the most special times in my life and again, all the people there can say is tell us how great their store is and how long they've worked there and how long so and so has worked there and how many engagement rings they sell a year and how many they fix or don't have to fix, and I tell him to stop, that I've heard the same song and dance from the last guy I spoke with about this here and I don't care about ANYONE elses rings or ANYONE elses problems or how long ANYONE has worked for this company, we need to talk about MY ring. SO, me, my attorney and my Mom go outside and speak and ask what we want to do, how to handle and decide to tell them, that again, the only way we'd be okay with this is since he said 1800 times that it is "up to Tacori standards, they wouldn't send us this ring back without it being up to their standards" that they just replace my band for a new one ordered in my size from Tacori or they accept it as a return and we wash our hands of it entirely.

Of course, this guy can't make those decisions, the owner has to, which was the whole point in the owner being there from the beginning of things but because he wasn't, I yet again, had to leave my ring with them so he could call the owner who was on a plane to vacation with his kids.

So, we get back to work and not very soon after my attorney gets a call from the manager saying he put a call into the Tacori rep, who's also on a plane, to see what if anything she suggests or can do to help us with the situation. My attorney says okay, that's fine.

Fast forward to about 8pm last night I get a call on my cell phone from a blocked number and it was the Tacori rep, which I realize is about the rarest thing ever to have someone that works at Tacori call you and actually speak with you about a problem. So she asks us to tell her everything, I do and she just says, "Wow." She seems genuinely concerned and apologetic and like I said after the phone conversation, she has no reason to lie to us or anything, she has nothing to lose at this point, being this is the jewelers mess up, not theirs. But she tells me she has my paperwork in front of her and that the diamond was replaced, it came to them missing two diamonds and she said that it was replaced and that she has the up most pride and confidence in her quality people and that the ring should look as good as it possibly can BUT that if I wanted to and would have the piece of mind, to have it sent back to Tacori and have her look at my ring herself personally and have their master craftsman look at it and fix anything they feel needs to be fixed or to tell me nothing needs to be fixed it's fine, we can do that free of charge and she gave me her personal email at Tacori so that I wouldn't need to call anyone at the store, she will contact me when it gets there, contact me through out the process and have it expedited there and back.

So, honestly, I feel as if this is my last resort, the jeweler is not going to replace my ring or accept it as a return, especially not after a Tacori rep herself is willing to personally take care of my ring and tell me that it looks just as good as one that would be sent to a store to sell to someone, so it's either this, or go to court and honestly, I feel A LOT better now speaking to someone that works for this company who has no reason to lie or nothing to lose and who is going to personally handle my situation. She also told me I could take my ring to ANY authorized dealer to have it cleaned or have it looked at it to make the pave diamonds aren't lose, etc. Since she said, "I understand you working with this jeweler will probably never happen again."

So, I guess, as I brought up to her, what I want to know, if after I speak to my attorney this is what we decide to do, that the integrity of the ring isn't messed up and that I realize pave diamonds are easier to come out of rings and I'm not saying that they won't ever but that I won't in a year, wearing this ring every day, have to replace diamonds like 5 or 6 times. I don't want to have to send my ring to Tacori for 3 weeks every 3 months or something, I want to be sure that it can be worn day in and day out and hold up for the next 80 some years without any major issues or having to replace things more often than not. I also want her to tell me that it not only looks good enough for me, but that her people and she think that this ring looks good enough to be sent to a store and be sold just at it is, I don't just want it "good enough for her," I want it good enough for ANYONE to want to buy or wear.

So, do you think that this is a good thing? I realize, these rings are handmade, as she said, not everything is going to look ABSOLUTELY perfect but that is the whole point in being handmade, not every one looks exactly the same and it may have a few little intricacies that only I ever notice and that anyone else would never even look at and notice and thats something that just makes the ring unique to me but I want to know at this point that the ring won't become a huge hassle to me because it was sized by the jeweler and not them.

Any opinions?

So sorry for being so long, I wanted to get all the detail in here, lol.

By the way, the Tacori rep was the sweetest girl and it was refreshing to talk to someone who seemed to have emotions and have a heart and who seemed genuinely concerned with my situation.

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
WOW. I can't believe that they expect to keep business this way. It sounds like the Tacori rep is going to take good care of you. The only thing I am worried about is if you do end up having remorse and wanting something else and not having the ability to return it.

I hope that everything works out for you!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Katybug, I came really late to this thread and I am so sorry for all that has happened to you. I wish you could get the jeweler to
give you your money back and go somewhere else. It sounds like the problem is not with Tacori but the jeweler who is not ethical
or trustworthy. Has your lawyer given you any chance of this happening? If your chances of going to court, and you can do that
at very little cost to you, I would go that route. Then find a reputable jeweler and get a new ring. For sure you know what to ask
for and look for now.

If you decide to have Tacori fix your ring, I am sure it will be fixed appropriately and you would be happy with the result. The question
would be if you can ever be happy with this ring. I am so sorry. I hope that you will be able to put this behind you and move
closer to your wedding day and your fiance coming home.

One thing is for sure, you will never have anything like this happen to you again. You will be ready for it. The world better watch
out for Katybug cuz the girl will be on fire!

I am so sorry, and I truly hope it is resolved and you are as happy as you deserve to be!

KatyBug513

Rough_Rock
Well, now, supposedly some other person from Tacori is supposed to call my attorney, I'm sure just to again, tell them that the ring is to the best of their ability, which I'm aware of that, I'm aware they've touched it up and made it look as good as they can, I'm fine with this. My question now lies with the integrity of the ring and whether or not the jeweler sizing it and making it from the beginning lose diamonds, lose beading, lose milgraining, if that's going to be a constant thing and a constant headache with this ring because of something THEY did.

My attorney and I are discussing options, but, as far as the jewelers return and exchange policy goes, it's probably the most awful one ever.

You have 10 days from original sale to return the ring for full credit, you have 30 days to exchange it. Here comes the kicker that I think may work to my advantage, to return or exchange it, it has to come with all boxes, all paperwork, all grading certificates, apprasils, warranty information, certificates of authenticity, etc. WHICH, I was NEVER given ANY of that when my fiance bought my ring, they gave him a plain old sales receipt and the ring and sent him on his way, which to me is breach of their exchange/return policy because say I took the ring in within 10 days to return it but didn't have any of that paperwork, guarentee they would have said, "Well we can't accept this, you don't have the paperwork that goes with it." YEAH BECAUSE NO ONE GAVE IT TO US! 3 months down the road I STILL DON'T HAVE THE PAPERWORK. So, there lies that issue and what I believe to be a breach of their policy.

Then it goes on to further say, no exchanges can be made on rings that appear worn, were sized, custom made, custom engraved, etc. So, now, they're going to say, well, we can't exchange her ring for something else, because we already sized it. :(

I feel so lost right now, I literally don't know what to do because there is always a chance, that if I do go to court with this, I could lose and if I lose, I'm stuck with court fees and the ring still. TO ME, it seems like a real no brainer that I'd win this case, just from the avoidance of the staff/owner, the lack of responses they give me, the breach of policies and sales by not following through and giving every bit of paperwork that needed to come with that ring to my fiance the day he left that store with it, etc. But I'm not a judge nor a lawyer and have no idea if it would go in my favor or not.

I just don't know what to do at this point, I feel like sending it and letting that lady look at it, sure, they're going to say it looks perfect but are they going to admit and get in the middle of a now legal battle and say, "Yeah, your jewler shouldn't have sized this ring and did mess with the integrity of it," I don't know. Everything is my word against theirs at this point. :(

KatyBug513

Rough_Rock
I'm literally scared to go buy an $100 pair of earrings from a jewelery store at this point. I'm terrified. I'm so sick to my stomach and heart broken all of this and I can tell my Mom given I'm her only daughter and the only time she's ever going to see me engaged is about ready to break someones skull in half, they've ruined such an amazing time of my life and my trust in customer service no matter where I go.

I at this point, just want some generic plain band, throw a diamond in it because I feel like I can't have anything nice for fear of something or someone screwing it up.

It's not even about the ring at this point, as much as I'd love a ring on my finger, I'm not a very materialistic girl. It's the fact that my fiance tried to do something nice for me, tried to make me happy and is continuing to pay on something I've never had on my finger longer than a week and haven't had in my possession in 2 months. And the fact that through everything, they've never offered to do ANYTHING special or different or nice to make me happy or to make my pain go away in all of this.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results