shape
carat
color
clarity

PS''ers with big diamonds... DSS?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2009 11:13:57 AM
Author: bebe
beautuful rings Lori.

You sized down
6.gif

I can understand that though.

I don''t dislike my ring, I just feel the center cushion

doesn''t look like a 4ct stone. In some of my pics I posted

when I first got it Dec. 8, ''08, the stone looks large, but in

real life, no way. It also doesn''t help that Leon set the stone

as low as possible. We discussed that and he said it should

be set that way. We even talked about a halo, but again,

I listened to him - he nixed the idea. I purposely used step

cut side stones so the center stone would show up more.

But honestly, to my eye, they just all flow together, one

big blur. Oh well. The most expensive mistake in my life.
Wow, why didn''t you explain that to me since *I* ASKED, instead of berating me. I feel badly for you that you are so unhappy with a 4 carat diamond that you have to berate total strangers over it. You must really be miserable about it.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
http://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/the-journey-has-ended-my-upgrade-t101537-120.html

I looked it up. I congratulated you on this ring when you got it. Wow. Thanks for your ingratitude. Really.

I don't know what you can do to fix it (accepting that it's exactly as big as it is, tcw and all, might be a start) but complaining about the money you spent on it, and what a mistake it was, and how, after the fact, you are unhappy with Leon... wow. Just wow.

You bought a ring that does not seem as big as it is TO YOU and I should study diamond cuts? Ok, I'll do that. Bye now.
32.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 8:10:05 PM
Author: decodelighted
Lemmie take you back, Maisie ... way back to eighteen days ago

Date: 3/24/2009 8:14:27 AM
Author: Maisie

Date: 3/24/2009 8:12:18 AM
Author: Lorelei
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

How is the size Bruddah???
31.gif
Oooh it big Bruddah, It big!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Here''s my advice. Go out and buy a fakie that''s the size of your *original* e-ring. And wear that around for a few days. Maybe even (gasp) EIGHTEEN days. I bet that ring of yours goes right back to Big, Bruddah!
See thats why I started this thread. To see if I am the only one who is this bad with diamond size. I thought it was big when it came... yet here I am just a couple of weeks later thinking its not as big anymore. I still have my original e-ring. .25ct princess cut. I posted a pic of it somewhere next to my 1.5 and it does look bigger... of course it does... but I dunno, I must have a problem.

Don''t say Bruddah unless you want me to sing to you!!
9.gif

Here is my original ring...

prmaisie243.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 7:05:40 AM
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

31.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Here''s my advice. Go out and buy a fakie that''s the size of your *original* e-ring. And wear that around for a few days. Maybe even (gasp) EIGHTEEN days. I bet that ring of yours goes right back to Big, Bruddah!
See thats why I started this thread. To see if I am the only one who is this bad with diamond size. I thought it was big when it came... yet here I am just a couple of weeks later thinking its not as big anymore. I still have my original e-ring. .25ct princess cut. I posted a pic of it somewhere next to my 1.5 and it does look bigger... of course it does... but I dunno, I must have a problem.
Don''t say Bruddah unless you want me to sing to you!!}
LOL. Sing away, baby! I''d love it. Musey might have some sophisticated criticism for ya but whattayagonnado
31.gif
1.gif
But I''m serious ... wear your Princess. Do it! Try it out. See if that "cures" your DSS for a while. Its not going to hurt to slow down the switcheroos a tiny bit. I have to say, when I saw this new ring I really thought you''d gotten it right this time. It looks perfect on you. Not obscene. Not silly. Not showy. Not crass. Just Elegant perfection. Maybe your hand/lifestyle can handle bigger ... maybe not. You could try the sizes you ache for on locally & see what you think *in person* ... *on your hand*. But I really think for the time being put Elegant Perfection away in its box for Eighteen days & sport Le Princess for a change.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/14/2009 7:53:54 AM

Date: 4/14/2009 7:05:40 AM

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

31.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Don''t say Bruddah unless you want me to sing to you!!}
LOL. Sing away, baby! I''d love it. Musey might have some sophisticated criticism for ya but whattayagonnado
31.gif
1.gif
But I''m serious ... wear your Princess. Do it! Try it out. See if that ''cures'' your DSS for a while. Its not going to hurt to slow down the switcheroos a tiny bit. I have to say, when I saw this new ring I really thought you''d gotten it right this time. It looks perfect on you. Not obscene. Not silly. Not showy. Not crass. Just Elegant perfection. Maybe your hand/lifestyle can handle bigger ... maybe not. You could try the sizes you ache for on locally & see what you think *in person* ... *on your hand*. But I really think for the time being put Elegant Perfection away in its box for Eighteen days & sport Le Princess for a change.
Bruddah, I think thats a great idea of Deco''s, try it for a few days then I bet the 1.5 will be back to its honkin'' self sizewise!

* clears throat*

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ARE MY BBBBBBBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDAH!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock

31.gif
1.gif
But I''m serious ... wear your Princess. Do it! Try it out. See if that ''cures'' your DSS for a while. Its not going to hurt to slow down the switcheroos a tiny bit. I have to say, when I saw this new ring I really thought you''d gotten it right this time. It looks perfect on you. Not obscene. Not silly. Not showy. Not crass. Just Elegant perfection. Maybe your hand/lifestyle can handle bigger ... maybe not. You could try the sizes you ache for on locally & see what you think *in person* ... *on your hand*. But I really think for the time being put Elegant Perfection away in its box for Eighteen days & sport Le Princess for a change.
Its no fun when you are given permission to blast someones eardrums with the worst song in existance!
9.gif

I do see what you are saying. My lifestyle can''t really go bigger but my finger could. We are just working class people living in a pretty much poorish area. I know going bigger isn''t a good idea. I just wonder why I keep wishing for it. I suppose it could be time to move onto other pieces of jewellery. I have my 5 stone coming from Brian Gavin in a couple of weeks, I don''t have any diamond studs yet and I need a sapphire to go into my previous split shank setting.

I am going to keep the names you gave my rings. I love them! Elegant Perfection and Le Princess.
36.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 7:58:53 AM

Bruddah, I think thats a great idea of Deco''s, try it for a few days then I bet the 1.5 will be back to its honkin'' self sizewise!

* clears throat*

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ARE MY BBBBBBBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDAH!
MY BEST FRIEND FOREVER!!!!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 9:19:16 PM
Author: musey

Date: 4/13/2009 8:17:50 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Gosh reading all of this makes me think I am the ONLY one not to have DSS?? What''s wrong with me??
37.gif
No, I don''t either
1.gif
But my e-ring''s not over 2ct so I didn''t feel like I qualify for the census!
Ditto.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I'd be the first both IRL and on PS to admit that I suffer from DSS, *real bad*!
3.gif

I remember when I first got my 3.02ct RB, it totally overwhelmed me (in a good way of course!!
1.gif
). It was blindingly sparkly, white and HUGE (or so I thought!
4.gif
). However, almost as soon as a couple of months afterwards, I already wanted to upgrade it to a 3.50-3.70ct straight away. And I have been on a quest for the "holy grail" (ie. a 4.50-5ct) ever since.

Don't get me wrong, my halo'ed 3.50ct pear (though it's gone down in value, apparently) does satisfy me in the size department when I wear it - appearance-wise, and it IS absolutely gorgeous. I think as far as the 5ct is concerned though, it's absolutely a *mind* thing for me, and as much as I love my pear, I was willing to trade it in for the 5ct RB.

I don't think I will ever stop until I get the 5ct RB, or if it's a fancy shape, like an EC (which I absolutely *adore*
30.gif
- it's so elegant!!
30.gif
)) then it'll have to be a 6ct!!
3.gif
9.gif

And then, there're my stud earrings. I'm glad I posted that thread and the poll. I don't think I'll ever go as large as what I once thought (5cttw or more), though I wouldn't mind going a smidgen larger (like 4.2cttw or so!
2.gif
9.gif
).

I know!! I'm SICK SICK SICK!!
9.gif

I don't even know why. IRL, I only have one friend who wears large diamonds, the rest couldn't even care less. I hardly ever see this friend. So I don't know where it all comes from.

I know, I NEED HELP, BIG TIME!!
9.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually, I DO know. It's living in HK and SG. You see people with big diamonds all the time, esp if you go down to the main shopping areas.

If I'd stayed in the UK, I'm sure I wouldn't have DSS. I didn't even wear any jewellery (except for my Rolex watch, which I already felt so decadent about) when I was living there. Most people in the UK wear less than 1ct for their engagement rings. I'm sure your beautiful new ring gets lots of attention all the time, Maisie.

Incidentally, hubby wants me to join Diamond Anomymous!
3.gif
. I wonder if one even exists (?).

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/14/2009 10:36:19 AM
Author: Phoenix
I think I''d be the first both IRL and on PS to admit that I suffer from DSS, *real bad*!
3.gif

I remember when I first got my 3.02ct RB, it totally overwhelmed me (in a good way of course!!
1.gif
). It was blindingly sparkly, white and HUGE (or so I thought!
4.gif
). However, almost as soon as a couple of months afterwards, I already wanted to upgrade it to a 3.50-3.70ct straight away. And I have been on a quest for the ''holy grail'' (ie. a 4.50-5ct) ever since.

Don''t get me wrong, my halo''ed 3.50ct pear (though it''s gone down in value, apparently) does satisfy me in the size department when I wear it - appearance-wise, and it IS absolutely gorgeous. I think as far as the 5ct is concerned though, it''s absolutely a *mind* thing for me, and as much as I love my pear, I was willing to trade it in for the 5ct RB.

I don''t think I will ever stop until I get the 5ct RB, or if it''s a fancy shape, like an EC (which I absolutely *adore*
30.gif
- it''s so elegant!!
30.gif
)) then it''ll have to be a 6ct!!
3.gif
9.gif

And then, there''re my stud earrings. I''m glad I posted that thread and the poll. I don''t think I''ll ever go as large as what I once thought (5cttw or more), though I wouldn''t mind going a smidgen larger (like 4.2cttw or so!
2.gif
9.gif
).

I know!! I''m SICK SICK SICK!!
9.gif

I don''t even know why. IRL, I only have one friend who wears large diamonds, the rest couldn''t even care less. I hardly ever see this friend. So I don''t know where it all comes from.

I know, I NEED HELP, BIG TIME!!
9.gif
aww1.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/14/2009 11:04:45 AM
Actually, I DO know. It''s living in HK and SG. You see people with big diamonds all the time, esp if you go down to the main shopping areas.

If I''d stayed in the UK, I''m sure I wouldn''t have DSS. I didn''t even wear any jewellery (except for my Rolex watch, which I already felt so decadent about) when I was living there. Most people in the UK wear less than 1ct for their engagement rings. I''m sure your beautiful new ring gets lots of attention all the time, Maisie.

3.gif
boy O boy...aren''t you on the wrong forum?
9.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Actually, I DO know. It''s living in HK and SG. You see people with big diamonds all the time, esp if you go down to the main shopping areas.

If I''d stayed in the UK, I''m sure I wouldn''t have DSS. I didn''t even wear any jewellery (except for my Rolex watch, which I already felt so decadent about) when I was living there. Most people in the UK wear less than 1ct for their engagement rings. I''m sure your beautiful new ring gets lots of attention all the time, Maisie.

3.gif
Of course it already exists, it''s called Pricescope! Unfortunately, instead of helping each other, we''re really just a bunch of enablers
9.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 12:31:59 PM
Author: vespergirl
Of course it already exists, it''s called Pricescope! Unfortunately, instead of helping each other, we''re really just a bunch of enablers
9.gif
Not *everyone* is an enabler
3.gif
We''re such party poopers with our talk of "therapy" and figuring out where the compulsion *really* stems from. Ya ever hear of Body Dysmorphic Disorder? Can Bling Dysmorphic Disorder be far behind?
31.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
31.gif
1.gif
Only if she shows up on a talent show talking about how all she''s ever wanted to do was to be a professional singer
11.gif
9.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Maisie,
I hear what you are saying about your current 1.5 carat stone. My first stone was an AGS-0, 1.53 and it was a killer diamond, for sure; but in my own sick mind
37.gif
it really wasn't ever quiiiiite "big enough" to be *my* forever stone. My 2.36 (thankfully!) is "big enough" to be my forever stone, if it has to be, which (as I have said before) it dang well might! That's not to say that a killer cut 3.5'er wouldn't knock my socks off and be even *BETTER*, of course, but if that never happens, I'm really OK. Whereas, I wasn't ever really *foreverily content* (is that a real expression?!!!) with the 1.53. So, the point of all this rambling was to simply suggest that if perhaps you are like me, you may feel like you can *rest*
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
after you one day get a bit over the 2c mark.

And ditto what Mara said... getting away from PS really is some of the best medicine for DSS. Being here every day (at least for me) just feeds the beast! Now excuse me while I go off to check out the inventories of larger stones...
39.gif
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I will wear this diamond for at least the next year. After that its all fair game
31.gif

I probably will go over 2cts at some point. Richard Homer brace yourself. I am coming after your sapphires!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
During that year you may want to consider: having days without your wedding band to make the diamond pop more, not wearing the 1.5 carat at all for a couple of days, and avoiding the SMTR thread. Or just buy a sapphire!!

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
I have a 2.2 RB, and I love it, but I would like some change in the future, maybe different prongs, with some diamonds to have more bling
18.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 11:22:54 AM
Author: Mara
Maisie in your response to my post it sounded like you knew what you needed to do, which sounds like wait a bit with what you have and enjoy it for a while. I knew that my last jump was it for a while as I am really not one of those people who can be sending their ring back and forth every 6 months... it would drive me batty with worry!!! The upgrades I got were mostly ''calculated'' as I knew I wanted to get to at least 2c at some point, but the stones were just there and it made sense. Now I have had my stone for a while and I really love it, but of course I''d love bigger. This thread made me go to WF last nite and drool over a 3c J ACA that is not totally ridiculously priced (well maybe it is and I am skewed from home remodeling prices).

I also think that being on PS nonstop does things to your brain. I have been more absent in the last year for many reasons, but one of the things I noticed was I didn''t fixate on my ring so much!! In fact I would let it get really dirty and not clean it because so many other priorities were going on (also my US broke and I haven''t found a good replacement), but in PS days it''s hard NOT to think about your jewelry and diamonds because hello that''s what it''s about. I would bet if you lessened up on PS a bit you''d notice that your thoughts would change too. Kind of a funny ''fix''... but it doesn''t cost you any money! Of course as soon as I start to come back more I am like wow look at that awesome 3.5c that so and so has. No cure, dammit!

Also re settings, not sure what your saga is but I also tend to try to think on this stuff before doing anything, mostly because I have always had my set, my hub really likes it, and I don''t know that quite frankly I''d LOVE anything else all that much more. Again it''s hard to know til you have it and that is what is hard about having an internet jeweler. You have to send stuff away to try things and then if you go crap this sucks you have to send it back to fix it...hah. I am just really NOT into mailing my stuff. I would rather travel.
9.gif

Shoot Mara. Why''d you have to go and post that beauty.

Thanks guess what I am getting and it''s all your fault!
2.gif
. Post to self. Never read any of Mara''s threads anymore........

LGK

Ideal_Rock
My 3.55ct OEC no longer looks absurdly huge to me- which it did when I got it last year. But, no DSS! I think a stone larger than 3 1/2 cts is pretty much a cure for that, at least for me.

My 1.22 ct looks tiny to me now, though. It was a stone that "shrunk" on me even before I ended up with the bigger one. (But then, I was used to wearing slightly larger sims, so it makes sense somewhat.)

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 9:48:48 PM
Author: butterfly 17

2.gif
Are you really???
6.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2009 6:29:41 PM

Date: 4/12/2009 5:47:30 PM
Author: elle_chris

Date: 4/12/2009 5:28:07 PM
I would love some diamond stud earrings. They are on my list of things to get. I wonder if I will stick with this diamond or upgrade it. I wonder why I keep wanting bigger. It could be hanging round PS too long, or it could be that I just love big honkin diamonds!
Did you care about diamond size before you joined PS?
No I didn''t. I wonder if I am too materialistic and greedy. Maybe thats why I keep doing it.
Hey Maisie! Love ur new stone. Out of personal agenda, how are you feeling about the color? Mine is H in color and I wonder if I could go lower and bigger....
31.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
HA butterfly you should know better than to read my posts by now, girl...I am the original PS enabler!!! Are you really getting that 3c? It looks saaaaaaahhhweet...and not too much more than my trade-in...well what''s too much more''. darn, nevermind.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 2:23:24 PM

2.gif
Are you really???
6.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Oh wow, I can''t wait for pics!!!!
1.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock

2.gif
MAYBE she meant now she is getting DSS, not the diamond? (Although the diamond sounds WAAAAY more fun!!!)
I wish she''d check in an'' clarify!!!
9.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 5:55:10 PM
HA butterfly you should know better than to read my posts by now, girl...I am the original PS enabler!!! Are you really getting that 3c? It looks saaaaaaahhhweet...and not too much more than my trade-in...well what''s too much more''. darn, nevermind.
I think your California livin'' has SKEWED you, my dear!!! In my small-town PA world, it seems like A LOT more (than my trade in) to me, and I have to think that our diamonds were rather similarly priced!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 4:22:01 PM
Author: iwannaprettyone

Date: 4/12/2009 6:29:41 PM

Date: 4/12/2009 5:47:30 PM
Author: elle_chris

Date: 4/12/2009 5:28:07 PM
I would love some diamond stud earrings. They are on my list of things to get. I wonder if I will stick with this diamond or upgrade it. I wonder why I keep wanting bigger. It could be hanging round PS too long, or it could be that I just love big honkin diamonds!
Did you care about diamond size before you joined PS?
No I didn''t. I wonder if I am too materialistic and greedy. Maybe thats why I keep doing it.
Hey Maisie! Love ur new stone. Out of personal agenda, how are you feeling about the color? Mine is H in color and I wonder if I could go lower and bigger....
31.gif
The colour is really fine. Its not like you think it would be. I can definitely see some yellow when I see it in certain lighting, but mostly its lovely face up. I think you should definitely go down in colour if you want a bigger diamond. I have a lamp on next to my bed and my ring is on fire. Its
30.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 6:05:25 PM
Author: Lynn B

2.gif
MAYBE she meant now she is getting DSS, not the diamond? (Although the diamond sounds WAAAAY more fun!!!)
I wish she''d check in an'' clarify!!!
9.gif
Ohhh I see. I thought she meant she had bought it! Is it still on the WF website?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 6:08:07 PM
Author: Lynn B

Date: 4/16/2009 5:55:10 PM
I think your California livin'' has SKEWED you, my dear!!! In my small-town PA world, it seems like A LOT more (than my trade in) to me, and I have to think that our diamonds were rather similarly priced!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
Well again given how much we just paid for our conversion/remodel...I kept thinking, darn this is my upgrade right here! hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results