shape
carat
color
clarity

PSers. Please be reasonable, courteous people off-forum. Please?

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely nothing for you to be apologetic for here, in my book. I'm sure whoever it was addressed to took it as a compliment!

I don't feel right posting copies of the emails I received here but... They all had *clear* tones of either "I demand you accept my advances", or "you should feel guilty if you don't accept my advances", or both. And not in a joking or cute or friendly way. One of these people even stated that she would come to my hometown to pick up to avoid shipping costs, and told me which weeks would work for her - which made me wonder if she'd actually looked me up and found out where I live... :shock::roll:

I ignored all of them and never heard anything else, so I'm not worried. If they ever do write me again, I'll be reporting them to PS admins (I think I know one person's PS handle, though I'm not totally sure) and sharing screenshots here as a "be wary" to everyone else.

:eek2:

This whole thread has given me the heebie-jeebies... and then this? What the actual eff is wrong with this person?

ETA: when I say 'whole thread' I am referring to people contacting others expecting/hoping they'll sell their pieces to them. Not the one-off 'if you ever want to sell that keep me in mind' comments meant to convey just how much a piece strikes a chord of beauty.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hugs to everyone from my current foster dog. Was surrendered because his owners didn’t want a dog with just one eye. He developed glaucoma and they let it go so long without treatment that the eye had to be removed. He has lovely manners and thinks all PSers should too ;-) Glad there are so many fellow animal lovers on this thread.

How can you stop loving someone because they loose any eye????
I sincerely hope for the kids' sake nothing tragic or even cosmetic happens to one of their human off spring :angryfire:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m afraid that I’m guilty of telling a PS’er if they ever decided to sell to let me know. It was something shared in SMTB but it was only a comment, I would never dream of harassing someone through email about their jewel.

Just want to say to that PS’er that I am so sorry, it was just a moment of losing my manners, hopefully it didn’t affect your enjoyment of the piece.

Yada you have lovelly manners

I now feel bad for watching that suspect thread !

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
His stitches will be removed in four days and then he will be ready for adoption. He is doing great and healing well. He is the sweetest little fluff and whoever adopts him will be very lucky.

oh my god what a cutie!!! I LOVE him!!!!!! oh my goddddddd.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I’ve “called dibs” on Yssies things, but always in the spirit of light hearted admiration! I certainly wouldn’t harass anyone into selling me anything or imply they should show me preferential consideration for any reason

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had no idea these types of things are going on behind the scenes at PS. Did someone actually stalk a poster to find our her jeweler to catch her in a lie that her blue diamond was real? Do people really demand you sell them the bracelet that you are over the moon happy with? That stuff is plain crazy. I can't help but liken those people to this character.

Attachments

• Dumb-Dumber-Quotes-Austria.jpg
    Dumb-Dumber-Quotes-Austria.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Oh I’ve “called dibs” on Yssies things, but always in the spirit of light hearted admiration! I certainly wouldn’t harass anyone into selling me anything or imply they should show me preferential consideration for any reason

Exactly, I do this sometimes, or I'll joke I'm going to 'steal' ring cads(most recently @Cerulean8-)) But it's not serious. It is always meant only as a light hearted ribbing, a compliment of the highest order on something I really admire.
I'm mildly amazed at the audacity of the demands and the lengths they went to try to obtain them.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm strictly talking about the day-to-day "show me the paperwork or I don't believe you" stuff I see.
Please post the AGS report of your fake CBI... :Up_to_something: :devil:

Reminds me of the time on a watch forum. A member claims he owns 5 Patek Philippe watches worth over $1.5 million when obviously (from the pics) he was inside a AD's store b/c all 5 watches was still in its original plastic seals, so members ask him to cut the seals!! :lol: and of course he never posted again.

A PSer name Dr. XXX ( I forgot his full screen name :confused:) photo shopped some expensive jewelry then posted on SMTB claiming that it was his, so I called him out, he disappeared very quickly. I mean, why pretend to own something that you don't? Idunno1.gif

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I had no idea these types of things are going on behind the scenes at PS. Did someone actually stalk a poster to find our her jeweler to catch her in a lie that her blue diamond was real? Do people really demand you sell them the bracelet that you are over the moon happy with? That stuff is plain crazy. I can't help but liken those people to this character.

I wasn’t stalking! How dare you call me a stalker!! I very often look at various jewellers of people posting jewels. And that is how I found it. A blue diamond is rare and I thought I would check out the jeweller’s other works. I have to admit I wondered if maybe it was an irradiated diamond because a natural, especially of that size would be rare. Oh for crap’s sake I would never accuse her of lying like some people have implied.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wasn’t stalking! How dare you call me a stalker!! I very often look at various jewellers of people posting jewels. And that is how I found it. A blue diamond is rare and I thought I would check out the jeweller’s other works. I have to admit I wondered if maybe it was an irradiated diamond because a natural, especially of that size would be rare. Oh for crap’s sake I would never accuse her of lying like some people have implied.

Oh no. I stepped in it this time. Wasn't trying to single you out and I was just responding to the reply that some one did this and it seemed super weird to me. Didn't know it was you. Just speaking in general. Sorry.

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Please post the AGS report of your fake CBI... :Up_to_something: :devil:

Reminds me of the time on a watch forum. A member claims he owns 5 Patek Philippe watches worth over $1.5 million when obviously (from the pics) he was inside a AD's store b/c all 5 watches was still in its original plastic seals, so members ask him to cut the seals!! :lol: and of course he never posted again.

A PSer name Dr. XXX ( I forgot his full screen name :confused:) photo shopped some expensive jewelry then posted on SMTB claiming that it was his, so I called him out, he disappeared very quickly. I mean, why pretend to own something that you don't? Idunno1.gif

There is stretching and embellishing the truth and then there is certifiable delusional fantasy

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If a fellow PSer posts a Show Me The X type of thread, it is not okay to email that person and say you want to buy the piece she just posted
How does anyone get the email addys for PSers? I thought all personal info was invisible.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How does anyone get the email addys for PSers? I thought all personal info was invisible.

I'm thinking someone goes and searches previous LT or DB listings for the PSer to find their email addy. Honestly- this post has really opened my eyes in how IMHO weird and crazy some people can be.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Matata What @Lisa Loves Shiny said. The email I received messages from is my LT address, not the one that I’ve given PS.

Tarquin

Rough_Rock
Back in the early days of ebay you could see exactly which buyer had won an auction. And could pm that buyer.

I had a couple of pms from disappointed bidders. One woman kept emailing me about a pair of earrings I won. She had wanted them for her birthday and didn't think they'd go that high. So could she just have them? (Just realized that might have been Gollum)

Another guy had the never to tell me his wife had wanted that particular item and he had forgotten to bid, would I let him have it?

I found it really nervy that I had bid and won an auction (for rather expensive items) and some stranger thought I should just let them have it. Because?? I just responded "No"

I'm glad that feature is gone from ebay.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely nothing for you to be apologetic for here, in my book. I'm sure whoever it was addressed to took it as a compliment!! Because I'm sure that's how it was intended. I personally don't mind those comments at all - in fact I actually usually write them down for future reference in case I DO rehome! :halo:

I don't feel right posting copies of the emails I received here but... They all had *clear* tones of either "I demand you accept my advances", or "you should feel guilty if you don't accept my advances", or both. And not in a joking or cute or friendly way. One of these people even stated that she would come to my hometown to pick up to avoid shipping costs, and told me which weeks would work for her - which made me wonder if she'd actually looked me up and found out where I live... :shock::roll:

I ignored all of them and never heard anything else, so I'm not worried. If they ever do write me again, I'll be reporting them to PS admins (I think I know one person's PS handle, though I'm not totally sure) and sharing screenshots here as a "be wary" to everyone else.

That's downright creepy!

I think I made the comment on your original pearl necklace post that if way, way, way down the road you decide you to sell, remember me. My expression was meant in the spirit that your design is dreamy and perfect, way better than anything I could come up with! I apologize if in any way it sounded disrespectful.

I would never ever contact a person outside of PS asking to buy a piece! (Or demanding to buy it as you said the person did!). That's just super creepy!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock

I too was excited to find a new jeweler & was hoping he lived in the US. I found him on IG and through scrolling at his beautifully clean work, I too saw the post. It's the exact same ring or her ring has an identical twin made by the same man and one happens to be a sapphire and the other a vivid fancy blue diamond. In the public post the jeweler lists it as a sapphire. It is still a beautiful sapphire though, just not the stone we all were told it was. Eh, not my circus, not my monkeys: not my business to theorize why one would lie as such.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's downright creepy!

I think I made the comment on your original pearl necklace post that if way, way, way down the road you decide you to sell, remember me. My expression was meant in the spirit that your design is dreamy and perfect, way better than anything I could come up with! I apologize if in any way it sounded disrespectful.

I would never ever contact a person outside of PS asking to buy a piece! (Or demanding to buy it as you said the person did!). That's just super creepy!

Nope not you at all ❤️

I wish I could post email screenshots without feeling bad, or concerned. No one on this thread has ever done or said ANYTHING remotely close to what I’m objecting to. I promise!!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely nothing for you to be apologetic for here, in my book. I'm sure whoever it was addressed to took it as a compliment!! Because I'm sure that's how it was intended. I personally don't mind those comments at all - in fact I actually usually write them down for future reference in case I DO rehome! :halo:

I do feel a little bit better - I am glad I (likely) didn't offend - I would hate to come off as "gimme gimme!!!" and spoil the joy of having a new shiny!

The aggressive email thing...is really bizarre, and the offering to come to your home totally unsolicited...is upsetting. Yikes.

I am sorry that anyone has done that! I guess there are all types on the internet...

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Exactly, I do this sometimes, or I'll joke I'm going to 'steal' ring cads(most recently @Cerulean8-)) But it's not serious. It is always meant only as a light hearted ribbing, a compliment of the highest order on something I really admire.
I'm mildly amazed at the audacity of the demands and the lengths they went to try to obtain them.

Now that you mention it...I do think I blushed when you "threatened" to steal my ring design! Hahaha!

I guess I am wooed by that form of flattery :lol:

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I too was excited to find a new jeweler & was hoping he lived in the US. I found him on IG and through scrolling at his beautifully clean work, I too saw the post. It's the exact same ring or her ring has an identical twin made by the same man and one happens to be a sapphire and the other a vivid fancy blue diamond. In the public post the jeweler lists it as a sapphire. It is still a beautiful sapphire though, just not the stone we all were told it was. Eh, not my circus, not my monkeys: not my business to theorize why one would lie as such.

Thanks @LemonMoonLex! I love his beautiful clean work too - gorgeous aesthetic. I have to go to Facebook to browse pictures because I can’t access Instagram. I don’t have a FB or Instagram account and only FB will let me look at public pages, providing the vendor has set it as public.

I appreciate you mentioning this. It is at least reassuring to know that I am not the only one who peruses the various jewellers/benches.

I’m with you, not my business to theorize. It is a gorgeous ring regardless whether sapphire or diamond.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m afraid that I’m guilty of telling a PS’er if they ever decided to sell to let me know. It was something shared in SMTB but it was only a comment,

I have said this once or twice on PS, but only to those I've known for a few years and we both understand that it is said in jest and is a compliment. I would not say that to a PSer I don't know very well.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have said this once or twice on PS, but only to those I've known for a few years and we both understand that it is said in jest and is a compliment. I would not say that to a PSer I don't know very well.

Well, I was pretty new to PS at the time. I also obviously looking back now feel badly about it. Isn’t that part of life sometimes, making a mistake and learning from it?

Sorry, but I am not perfect, but at least I had the balls to admit it. I don’t need to be shamed for honesty.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I think that in reality the entitled people guilty of approaching other pricescopers and trying to manipulate them into selling their pieces are not going to respond on this thread. The reality is plenty of pricescopers have a high turnover on their pieces and why not say (on a thread) btw if you ever get rid of please think of me. It is obviously meant as a massive compliment and if you don’t ask you don’t get. I don’t think anyone who has responded on this thread should feel any guilt, none of you have done anything wrong. I have read through the comments and remember the incidences that some of them are referring to, those people have not responded on this thread ;)2

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well, I was pretty new to PS at the time. I also obviously looking back now feel badly about it. Isn’t that part of life sometimes, making a mistake and learning from it?

Sorry, but I am not perfect, but at least I had the balls to admit it. I don’t need to be shamed for honesty.

Really don’t think you are guilty of much at all! Perfect is overrated imo anyway

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really don’t think you are guilty of much at all! Perfect is overrated imo anyway

Hey I can totally admit when I’m wrong so no issue there. However, I will absolutely not be shamed for it. I do believe that comment was directed at me because it was a direct reply to my comment.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hey I can totally admit when I’m wrong so no issue there. However, I will absolutely not be shamed for it. I do believe that comment was directed at me because it was a direct reply to my comment.
I think calling dibs as a compliment is pretty endemic on PS. I honestly wouldn’t think twice about. I know I’ve done the same too. Courting someone outside of PS and asking, in blunt terms, to buy someone’s new piece is wholly different, I think.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results