shape
carat
color
clarity

PSers, how long have you been married or for the single people, how long was your longest relationsh

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
FI and I have known each other for 17 years: he was my first BF when I was 12 (he was 14), lost touch for ten years, reunited and then best friends for five years, dating for a little over two years, and we will be married October 9 of this year. At this point I''ve already known him more years than I haven''t
1.gif

Before FI my longest relationship was 4.5 years, but...it really should''ve been about 4.5 weeks.

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/6/2010 1:36:16 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

Twenty Five years this Sept. I believe I''ve earned the Medal of Honor!
2.gif
12.gif

cheers--Sharon
how funny, Sharon--when my parents celebrated their 25th anniversary, my mom asked my dad what he wanted...and he asked for a medal...and she actually had one made for him, hahaha!

DH and I have been together officially for almost 5 years, and have been married for almost 6 months
9.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
DH and I have been together for 4 years, and married for 7 months. We were in the same major in college, so we first met 8 years ago, though we haven't been friends for quite that long.

My only other long-term relationship was 1 year.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
It''s a toss-up between Kaleigh and Canuk-gal for longest married so far. Both 24 years and some change.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Whoa, apparently my response didn''t want to show up.

I''ve been with BF for a little over 5 years.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
DH and I have been together for 4 years, married for almost 1. Hoping for many, many more happy years!

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Married 7 years, together 12. It''s been fun so far.

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
I''m currently single with my longest relationship being about a year and a half. This thread is refreshing.. I am currently surrounded by pretty crappy marriages among people my age.. It seems no one really wants to try and everyone looks outside the marriage for happiness.
38.gif
It''s so nice to hear about marriages with longevity!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
5/6/2010 1:36:16 PM
Author: canuk-gal

Twenty Five years this Sept. I believe I''ve earned the Medal of Honor!
Then I get something higher. It was 33 years in March for me and my husband''s a difficult European ;-).

AGBF
34.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
DH and I have been together for just over 3 years and married for 6 months tomorrow!

My longest relationship before him was 4 years.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Married for 27 years, dated for 1 year.

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Known each other for 6 years, and have been dating for just shy of 4 years. Before each other my longest relationship was about a year and his was about 3 years. I really don''t feel like it''s been that long though, time flies when you''re having fun (and are too busy to know what day of the week it is).

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I''m not married but we''ve been together for 8 years.

lightningbug

Shiny_Rock
I married my "starter husband" in college; we were together for a decade. I''ve had my upgrade for 4 years.
27.gif
I won''t need to upgrade again.
30.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve been married for almost 2 years (22 months, to be exact). We''ve been together for almost 7 years. I love my husband very much, but I''ll be honest, it''s WORK at times. Forever is a very, very long time.
1.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2010 5:11:48 PM
Author: lightningbug
I married my ''starter husband'' in college; we were together for a decade. I''ve had my upgrade for 4 years.
27.gif
I won''t need to upgrade again.
30.gif

HA!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
We have been together for 5 1/2 years and married for 3 years this month
4.gif

Before meeting my husband I had a rather aweful 3 year relationship that taught me a lot, and especially allowed me to appreciate what I have with my husband. He is my best friend. We went through almost all the major life stressors in the last 18 months -- had a child, moved accross the country, and both started new jobs. And despite that we are still best friends and partners in crime. We bicker sometimes, but our friendship is the bedrock of our relationship. I think we stand a pretty good chance of making it for the long haul
1.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Married just over 4 years, together for a hair over 8.
30.gif

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Married a year, together for almost 11 years. We started dating when we were 17/18. Some people think that''s crazy, not ever really dating around, but I wouldn''t have it any other way. He''s my best friend
30.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Hubby and I have been together 25 years and married for 23. I am happy every morning to wake up with my best friend!

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Together for 8, married for 6.....still have stars in my eyes for him.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

My husband started as my friend, so we''ve always been able to get along really well and rarely have disagreements. That said, I''ve found that the longer we''re married, it''s become progressively easier to resolve differences peacefully and humorously when we do have them. I''m guessing it''s because we''ve become more generous with each other over time in letting the small stuff just slide.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH and I have been married for 1.5 years now. We''re still newlyweds.
2.gif
Our first date was 3 years ago.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Been together 8 years, married 4 years. Time flies. We didn''t realized that we''ve been together for 8 years already until we counted the years.

Before DH, I dated quite a bit but only had one relationship, and that lasted 9 months.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
DH and I have been together for about 13.5 yrs, married for 11 this summer.

My "longest relationship" prior to DH----1 month. I was 16 when we met so not lots of time for dating before him.

The wisdom I feel I''ve learned from marriage is this:

You can''t expect one person to fulfill all of your needs all of the time. It''s entirely too much pressure and unreasonable. You have to accept each other for who you REALLY are, not even who you strive to be. And no one is perfect so better dole out forgiveness by the bucketsful.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Our 4th wedding anniversary is coming up at the end of this month, and we''ve been together for 6 years total.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
This Tuesday will be our 19th wedding anniversary, but we have been together for 27.5 years!!!!
23.gif
3.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
We''ve been together 10 years and married 4 years. Time flies when you''re having fun!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2010 6:01:19 PM
Author: Allison D.
Together for 8, married for 6.....still have stars in my eyes for him.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

My husband started as my friend, so we''ve always been able to get along really well and rarely have disagreements. That said, I''ve found that the longer we''re married, it''s become progressively easier to resolve differences peacefully and humorously when we do have them. I''m guessing it''s because we''ve become more generous with each other over time in letting the small stuff just slide.
And HOW do you let things slide? I''m TERRIBLE at that. I don''t let things go, and I know it''s a bad habit. My husband actually noticed that I''ve become pickier and less tolerant about everything since we first met.

I don''t mean to pry, so don''t answer if you don''t feel comfortable.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Been together 5 years this August, but married 3 years this August. We were very close friends for about 7 years before we ever dated... This is by far my longest relationship, and it will only get longer!
9.gif

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
My longest relationship before my DH was about a year (on and off).

DH and I actually met online, talked for a month and then decided to meet. He came to Seattle during Christmas break and spent a week with my family. They met him 5 hours after I met him. The whole thing was crazy! We were "together" after our first day, did the long distance thing for 5 months and then got married after eight months. We have been married for six years this August. We almost called it quits after the first 6 months of marriage but we both wanted it to work and with the help of a great therapist we are more in love than the day we got married! Lately I have noticed that a lot of our friends that got married around the same time we did are getting divorced so I feel blessed to be where I am in my relationship.

P.S. He may not stay with me for long if I keep hanging around here. He says pricescope has turned out to be the most expensive hobby that I have. LOL

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results