shape
carat
color
clarity

PSers, how long have you been married or for the single people, how long was your longest relationsh

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/8/2010 11:25:16 PM
Author: AGBF

Date:
5/7/2010 2:36:33 PM
Author: dreamer_d

You are a tease with the scanty details AGBF... how did you even meet him in the first place to plan the meeting-up?

Your story reminds me of modern day internet dating, where you meet online and then meet up in person some time later. That is how my husabnd and I met, actually, on an online dating site. But of course

those did not exist in 1977.

No, there was no Internet in 1977! One could not yet even put a telephone up against the wall to which it was tethered and get a dial up connection for a non-Windows line in 1977. At least I am pretty sure of

that. Maybe one could do that from inside a computer lab in 1977, but not from inside a house! I remember that my husband had on his résumé that he knew Fortran and Cobol. But I digress. I met him, ''in the

first place'' because he put an advertisement in, ''The New York Review of Books''. He was Italian (although I did not know that) and had been a Fulbright scholar in the United States and, under its terms, he had

had to return to Europe to spread good will about the United States. So he was obliged to spend at least two years in Europe and he was stuck in a tuna packing plant (for reasons into which I will not, now, drag all

of you) in Sardinia (Sardegna), an island off the Italian coast. It was hard for him to meet educated women where he was, so he placed the ad...and one thing led to another.

Deb/AGBF
34.gif
Now that is a good story! Thanks for sharing it!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2010 9:14:33 PM
Author: bebe
1-7-77

33 years married :)
Bebe, my parents got married the day after you did! It was snowing like crazy that day. They have had a wonderful, happy 33 years, and the friendship, love, and respect they have for one another is such an inspiration to me.

Congrats to you on 33 years!

kiett98

Shiny_Rock
Have been married for 2 weeks 2 days... dated for 2 years 3 months... then were engaged for 1 month before we decided to get married and move to Indianapolis for a great job opportunity for him.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Been with DH for 10 years, 4 months, and married for 2 years, 7 months. Never been happier!

read.bradie

Rough_Rock
We''ve been together since we were 15. Neither of us had any previous long-term relationships. Just him.

30.gif

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
Before my fiance, I never had a serious relationship. The longest "relationship" was for about umm...4 months? That was a few months too many.

My fiance and I have been together, when we started hanging out, 5 years this July. By the time we get married it will be almost 7 years.
9.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I missed this thread the first time. Another long timer here. I''ve known my husband for 36 years and will have been married 30 years in August.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
2nd and forever marriage. ;-) We will celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary next year, so right now we''ve been married 8.5 years and together about 10 years.

damons

Shiny_Rock
My partner and I have been together for about 3.5 years. I am proposing to her in 10 days. I can''t wait!!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2010 12:03:11 PM
Author: damons
My partner and I have been together for about 3.5 years. I am proposing to her in 10 days. I can''t wait!!
Awwwwwww!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock

FI and I have been together for 2 years 3 months, and are marrying next month.

Prior to him, my longest relationship was a month under four years.

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
We''ve been together for about 2 1/2 years, married for 3 weeks!

Previously I had several long-term relationships - a couple of those went for 3-4 years. I have to say though, that a 6 month relationship at 30 is a vastly different thing from a 6 month relationship at 25 or 20.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/10/2010 8:15:57 PM
Author: dianne
I have been with DH for 17 years...only married for 2 of them.....yes, we dated for 15 years. If I am not the ''longest dater'' I''m sure that I am in the top 3.

Why, oh why, if I was in the top 3 of anything couldn''t I be in the top 3 PSers that own the largest diamonds...LOL!
I''m in good company, then! DH and I have been married 3 years in October, but have known each other and been a couple since 1994. Sixteen years total, thirteen years before marriage.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Together nine almost nine years, married almost two, both anniversaries share the same date!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2010 12:12:57 PM
Author: princessplease

FI and I have been together for 2 years 3 months, and are marrying next month.

Prior to him, my longest relationship was a month under four years.

i''m sure you are SOOOOO excited now that you can say "next month!" haha...gosh, time has flown by from this end!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My partner and I have been together 10 years.

My ex and I were together for 13.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results