shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy thread with toddlers 12-36 months

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diver, I am not preggo. Burk, QT, Jas12, MSB and Puffy are. I hope I am not missing someone but I probably am.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Burk--
Haha....I second the stickers and bandaids.
J goes crazy w/ those. She''ll stick on practically anything.
I haven''t given her coloring books yet, but she does love to doodle on a notepad.

----------
Speaking of coloring and doodling, anyone tried those color rocks that TGal or QT mentioned a while back?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
lili-I never tried the rocks. I have so many crayons/markers I just supervise Jake very closely and let him color and draw with them. He still likes to color on himself but they are washable so I just let it go. it''s better than actually eating the crayons which he''s beyond thank goodness!

kids are much better and were fever free all day so it will be off to school tomorrow. I desperately need to go grocery shopping and it''s much easier with just one kid. I prefer to go solo but can''t wait until friday when Jake is in school.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Janine--
Oh no, I hope C does not have motion sickness.
I think DH just took the cover off and toss it in the washer when J had a blow-out and threw up in the carseat.
Thanks, J is getting pretty big.

Blen--
If G is big, you should get the big wheelie bug because he''ll outgrow the small one really fast.

Diva--
You brave soul.
I''d never be caught in the Black Friday madness.

MrsS--
Hope your girls are on the mend.
Didn''t they just have the flu not too long ago?

QT--
Poor M....so many teeth.
Those canines, though small, are tough on the kiddies.
J was a drooling machine and would ask for her Tylenol every night when they were coming in.

lili

Ideal_Rock
MrsS--
LOL....I know, I was so relieved when J got passed that oral phase.
She was actually not too bad w/ putting things in her mouth when she was younger compared to some of her classmates.
I always cringed when I see kids w/ rings of dirt around their mouth and biting on people''s shoes
32.gif

Glad to hear the girls are 100% better.
LOL....now you can''t wait to have Jake in school huh?
How is he doing w/ school?
Is he at a point where he''s shooing you to go away now? :D

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Hope all my american friends had a good thanksgiving weekend, with lots of family/friends and yummy food
1.gif

MrsS. glad everyone is feeling better--you guys sure got your share of viruses this year! Hopefully it is all out of the way

Tacori--glad the trip was a success!

QT--oy, teething is so icky. we have been going thru it too.

lili--co likes to draw too--they now have those markers that only color on the page --very cool, I bring those in the car or to a restaurant or something

Diver--there are a bunch of us pregnant, myself included. Co was around 1.5 when i got pregnant a few months ago and now, as his independence grows with each week i am kinda wondering how i''d do it, but remind myself that millions of moms do everyday, so i just will, right?
Funny that you just want the infant. Tacori, hand over your next, when the next comes, to Diver for 6 mos or so, then you can still deal with school *and* a newborn
3.gif
2.gif

About toy talk. I don''t think i''ll spend much on Co this year, with the new house and all, but i want to get him a few good quality pressies. Our downtown (which consists of max 3 blocks of cute local businesses-not a lot of selection) had an annual old fashioned xmas walk on friday night and we went to the toy store (carries high end educational stuff) just the one store was overwhelming to me. I want something that just isn''t ''bells and whistles" some toy that encourages imagination and thinking, but nothing really stood out to me & everything was super expensive. I am afraid to spend the money and not have him play with it.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
mrsS glad that the girls are all better!!

tacori yay for T being wonderful on the flight! and i can totally imagine her being a hit at your parents'' place.

hope everyone is doing well.

maternity pics tomorrow at 36 weeks preggo. seriously, it''s really hitting me, in 4 weeks or less, i''m going to have a newborn, which is definitely exciting, but i admit, i''m a bit nervous about going through the entire newborn stage again. but i''m sure once i hold the little guy, it''ll be a-ok.

it''s been crazy busy here with thanksgiving, and trying to finish up a bunch of holiday stuff including buying presents and wrapping. i need a break!! when B is napping, i wish i was able to but there is always something to do.

B is still being himself. only thing different he does now is count to the days before his little brother''s arrival. every morning when we put a sticker on the calendar, he will count the number of days left. it''s pretty cute.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Hope everyone had a great t''giving!

Thanks for the carseat cleaning tips...just gotta figure out how to get the cover off..and the straps! (which need to be washed).

Hoping it''s not motion sickness either (or not a regular thing) since we can''t avoid the car, but we haven''t had any more incidents and now I avoid feeding her right before the car or during (I used to give her a bottle in the car). When I sit back there it is pretty bumpy, not to mention she''s facing backwards.

Other than that, C is really changing! She''s 14 mo''s now and (like I said on FB), went from walking to trying to run. Giggles, runs in circles banging every toy and wants to walk walk walk! She''s doing the typical opening all drawers and wanting to explore everything. It''s so fun but tiring too! How on earth do you ladies have a toldder and a newborn?
emsmile.gif

Ok off to catch up on everyone''s postings!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Hey mommies!! Hope everyone had a great weekend. I ate A LOT but it was a lot of fun getting together with family and we were also able to get a lot done with the nursery. Tayva got a new crib which was pretty traumatic the first time she slept in it but since then has decided she LOVES it. We also bit the bullet and listed our house with an agent and have our first open house next Sunday so we''ve been busy trying to get everything in order (and de-clutter). I need to go get ready for work but I''ll be back later to get caught up with everyone!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Burk, Congrats on the nursery and T''s new crib! Makes it all seem so much more real now, huh. Oh and great on listing the house--keep us posted! Exciting times!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2009 1:33:42 AM
Author: dreamer_dachsie

Date: 11/29/2009 1:06:11 AM
Author: neatfreak

Date: 11/27/2009 5:58:14 PM
Author: Blenheim
Sorry to butt in, but Neat - that wheely cow is just adorable! What size do you have, and when were you able to start using it?

Isn''t it super cute? We got the small one which my boys LOVE to wheel around. They just recently have started to be able to use it on their own a bit and we''ve had it for a few weeks. They really can''t use it ''properly'' until they are starting to learn to stand and climb on their own. Before that they just liked playing with the cow''s ears and pushing it around like a car. But they both love it!
We are so getting that for Hunter this xmas!
36.gif
He loves to stand and walk around things now so I think he would totally enjoy it.
Thanks Neat and Lili! George was just given a hand-me-down FP Lion walker/ride-on combo toy this morning, but I still want the wheely cow because it''s just so darn cute! I think I''m going to hold off for the time being though as we don''t really need multiple ride-on toys.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
can someone please fill me in on the crib recall? I also have a recall on McLaren strollers I have to call on. I have D''s big girl bed, she just does not want to sleep in it yet. I might work on that when hubby is home over the holidays. Jake moved into his bed a month before his 3rd birthday, is 2 years and 3 months too soon for a real bed? We have those rail things so she won''t fall out.

Tacori: Yes, if you decide to have another baby, just move to my town for the first 7 months and I''ll take care of your baby for you. LOL. Lurrrrve those new babies. My brother needs to get on the stick, marry his girlfriend, and get her preggy. I think Auntie will be a fantastic role for me.

Toys: I''m a less is more person with that. We got bombarded with toys/gifts from everyone last year and I am still trying to figure out where to put all the stuff.

Jake''s bday is dec 21st, so that''s really tough. But we are getting him his first real bike for xmas, Delaney is getting a bigwheel...they both get new helmets, and then Santa is getting him some Thomas Trains and D a tin tea set (she loves the one at my mom''s house) and book called "My first Tea Party".

Stocking stuffers are some grapefruit sized balls from Old Navy (they aren''t hard, aren''t nerf...hard to describe but a size the kids love), the original slinkies, and some cars from Rite Aid. They have these great die cast cars for $4 each that are like a fist sized matchbox. Very durable. Jake loves his. Delaney is always trying to steal them..so they are both getting cars in their stocking.

I''m also going to now put some sticker sheets in thanks to you guys. I forgot how much they like stickers.

You ladies will NOT believe what happened to me. I was on my way to a knitting class, and I reached up to scratch my left ear and my diamond stud was gone.
6.gif
I kid you not! I am SICK SICK SICK to my stomach. My screw backs always loosen up on me & I tighten them regularly, but this is friggin'' ridiculous. I JUST filed a claim on my wedding ring last week. You think the insurance company is going to beat me with a stick out back? Un-friggin''believable. I don''t even want to call. I''m going to continue tearing my house apart looking for it. I found the back in my closet, so I''m hoping its somewhere in here.

I remember seeing it after I got dressed yesterday, I was putting my hair up & trying to decide if I wanted to switch earrings, but then decided I didn''t have time to futz with it and just left them in.

I called Ulta & Starbucks (the two places I went) and no luck. I tore apart my car, its not in there. I searched my front yard, not there. Both my hubby & I scoured the master suite & my closet looking for it. I''m going to have to take EVERYTHING out to find it. I really want to find it.

Can you ladies believe it? I am afraid to tell anyone but my hubby & you guys, because I mean, who does this happen to? Does my jewelery hate me? Its mutiny!

Gah.

MrsS: Ah the joys of shopping. I loathe shopping with my kids. Jake is ok, but Delaney is a nightmare. Total nightmare. She''s evil and screams the whole time.

My daughter is a ballbusting like monkey head. She''s sweet, but God help you if she wants something & you don''t give it to her (which I don''t, I''m trying to teach her to be a good kid) so we spend a lot of time listening to her pitch a fit. She has a flair for the dramatic & her performances are Oscar worthy. I have to leave the room to laugh often. Total Banana-head.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Hey Mommies, hope you all (US based mommies) had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We made too much food, and still have leftover.

Bobo
Is your Inlaw still taking care of little B? If so, then I wouldn’t worry too much about the H1N1. Just make sure they wash their hands often, so no germs get passed onto to little B.
I know how you feel about your BIL. I feel the same with SIL. She only comes home on nights when she has classes the next day. Otherwise, she is at her bf’s. But I guess I am a bit annoyed b/c she is older than DH, but acts pretty irresponsible. Kind of feel like having a teenager.

NF
The kids Dyson is so cute; I need to get myself a real one first.
Since your boys were winter babies, what did you have as far as clothing for them? I am trying to prepare for baby #2, but I am not quite sure what I need. M was a summer baby, so I have a bunch of short sleeves stuffs. I was wondering if those are enough under fleece footed pj’s or if I need to go out and get some long sleeve onesies/undershirts. I am also hesitant to buy a lot of long sleeve since the winter is SoCal isn’t really that long or cold. Thanks for any suggestions/advices you have.

Diver
Wow. That’s crazy, having to go so early only to get in the afternoon class. Maybe you need “connections” for the morning class.
Sorry about your diamond stud. Hope you find it.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
MrsS
Thanks for the info on the Tupperware shape sorter. I’ve been meaning to get one for M.
Glad your girls are feeling better. Seems like there’s lots of different bugs going around. M is congested and coughing again too, but no fever.

Janine
Poor C. Hopefully it’s just an one time thing with the throwing up in the car. I know you can remove the cover for washing, but not sure about the straps.
I think once they learn to walk, they want to run. M runs like a mad woman everywhere in the house, and she goes in circles when there’s music – it’s her little dance. That’s what she did on the dance floor at the wedding, and she wouldn’t get off. It’s so funny to see them doing it though.

Diva
You are brave to go Black Friday shopping. My whole life, I had never gone. People are just too crazy on that day, fighting for things.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Lili
I haven’t tried the crayon rocks yet b/c the founder/maker told me that they are intended for older kids (4 and up – choking hazards). I think they are ok to use as long as you are watching your toddlers since they are soy based and non-toxic. She started making them for her special ed kids b/c they were having a hard time with regular crayons, and she noticed that they tend to stop using regular crayons once they break into pieces. She said the rocks are easier to control, so you can get different shades of the colors and blend colors together unlike regular crayons. It also has a glossier finish. I might get some for Christmas.

I haven’t been giving M any Tylenol for her teething. She is just little more whiny, but otherwise happy. They all broke through the gum already, so it’s a little better now.

M is really oral, and put a lot of things in her mouth. Well no dirt or shoes yet, but she’ll find little speck of things on the floor. Sometimes she’ll give them to us to throw away, other time they go in her mouth. I am not sure how she makes the decisions on what’s good to go in her mouth.

Jas12
You are right, teething is icky. We tend to forget about teething until we start seeing the teeth. We notice M acting differently, but we usually just think she is going through a phase. I think we are just blocking out all memories of teething. We are such bad parents.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Puffy
You are getting close. Have fun at your maternity shoot today. B is so cute, counting down to baby brother’s arrival.

I am nervous about having a newborn and a toddler, not so much dealing with the newborn but more on how M will be acting and reacting. She had been poking at my belly bottom (now an outtie) and kissing my belly lately when I ask her where my belly button is. She thinks it’s funny.

All of you got me beat with X’mas gifts for the LOs. I really don’t think I’ll get anything big for M. When we were at the mall yesterday, we saw the Elmo kitchen and DH said we can get M that. But I am not sure b/c SIL was just telling me that she might give us her DS’s kitchen set since there’s too much clutter at her house. So we’ll see.

The same SIL just gave us her PnP to use for our baby #2. I think we’ll be getting a lot of hand-me downs for him since both SILs had sons, and they already mention that they will bring over lots of clothes if we have a boy.

M is congested and coughing again. Otherwise, everything is status quo.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
QT~Hope M''s teeth come in quickly. Teething/tantrum=NO fun!!

Bobo~How is everything going?

mrss~Sorry your poor girls were sick over the holiday! Isn''t that the second break they''ve spent sick?!? Poor things.

Janine~Thanks! It does seem so crazy to actually have TWO kids rooms and TWO cribs. Scary. Ha ha. Sorry about the car experience...we''ve yet to have that happen (knock on wood).

Tacori~Glad your trip was a success!! We have a really good Children''s museum here and have only taken T twice...bad mommy I am!! We bought some passes with great intentions a while back but have yet to schedule it in.

Diver~Yep, count me in for baby number 2. So sorry about your earring!! When it rains, it pours, huh?!?! Hope you find it. As for moving to a big bed, I just think it depends on the kid. T is nowhere near ready to be in a big bed. She LOVES her crib and has never tried to escape. I figure I''ll keep her contained as long as possible. If that means she''s over 3 and in a crib, yay for us!
41.gif

lili~I find stickers everywhere! DH came home from the gym the other day and said he realized while doing squats that he had a bunch of princess stickers on his shirt!
9.gif
I''m sure he looked like quite the tough guy. T has a few of the combination color books that have stickers too and she LOVES them. Cheap, easy gifts for Christmas!! We also love the markers that only work on the specific color books.

puffy~Will you post some of your mat pics? I wanna see!! I''ll be getting mine right around 37 weeks I think. You''re getting so close! You must be excited although I can imagine how stressed I feel when we get closer....toddler and infant will be a challenge for sure but many, many women have done it before us!
40.gif
Are you doing anything for B''s second birthday?

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Anyone have a good sippy cup recommendaton? I have avent and playtex but for some reason C chokes when drinking out of them. I have no idea if it''s the cup or the way she is drinking (downs it as if it''s a bottle of beer with her head all the way back!). Either way going to need a new cup since she also bit a hole in one of them..

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
janinie-many of us have had great success with the Munchkin straw sippy's.

burk and Jas12 and lili- yes, this is the second time they have been sick since school started and both have been over breaks so they haven't at least had the benefit of missing school. they did have the flu shot but dr. said what they have isn't the flu so the flu shot has done it's job.

burk- congrats on listing the house and hoping for a quick sale.

jas12-we aren't doing much for Jake for Christmas either. At this point he still won't know the difference and he has so many toys already between his own and the hand me downs from his sisters. I did get him the Fisher price Airport, a set of cars and want to get him a dump truck that a friend of ours had that he loved.

puffy, did you find any of us on FB yet? i would love to see your maternity pics! I never did them with my kids but do they they are so beautiful. 4 weeks, wow!!

diver-you poor thing on the earring. I would hold off calling your insurance company if you can. a second claim could red flag you. at least wait a little while. i hope it turns up! sounds like your kids are going to have a great Christmas.

I've got some shopping done but still have to bite the bullet and order the American Girl doll my 7 year old wants. She asked for one last Christmas and I just wouldn't spend the $$ for one. but, she asked again this year and has been to the AG store in Chicago so we are going to make it her big gift. I looked on ebay and they really aren't much less second hand so for $20 difference I'd rather just buy her a new one. I keep hoping for some coupon or free shipping offer or something just to make it seem like I'm getting deal
40.gif

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
MrsS..well I called my agent to ask about a 2nd claim & he advised against it. I figure I can just keep looking for it and hope it shows up.

If not, I''ll just wait and my hubby said the next time we get a bonus or something I can just go get a new stud or a new pair of earrings all together.

I''m just sick.

OH well, my mom and I did a really bang up job cleaning up a few rooms looking for it. My floors are spotless. I am going to vacuum and see if it turns up. I have a bagless jobbie, so who knows.

Sickening.

sasa

Brilliant_Rock
Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving, it was a tiring Thanksgiving for us. Driving DH''s sister around with a super fussy and sick again little B.

Janine, sorry to hear C got sick in the car, Britax seat cover is so hard to take off...as for sippy, little B love his munchkin straw sippy.

Tacori, glad to hear you made it home in one piece...

MrsS, sorry to hear the kids are sick, hope they get better soon.

Thanks Diver, no other little one, just little B for now. DH is ready for #2 but I''m not...sorry to hear about your diamond stud, hope you will find it soon. I''m sure your jewelery don''t hat you, they just want more playmate.

puffy, I can''t believe you''re 36 weeks already! Where did the time go?

QT, yes, my MIL is the caretaker but let''s just say for some reason this Chinese old lady don''t believe in hand washing with soap. So ur SIL live with u guys too? Why not with ur DH''s parents? I guess this is part of the asian culture.

Burk, we''re doing good, I just can''t wait until SIL leave this Sat. so we can rest...oh wait maybe not, office x''mas party is this Sat.*sigh* How are you & Tayva?

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
So I need to google the crib recall. Bleh.

Well....I just did a search on WF and found a half carat princess cut for $550. I''m not filing a claim for that little money. No siree bob. I''m just gonna hope & pray my stud shows up and if not, in a few months I''ll send the stud I have to WF and have them find it a friend and then reset them both with non-screw backs. I like the La Pousette kind.

I am just gonna save my pennies up for awhile and then replace it.

Boo.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Bobo
B/c DH''s parents live with us. They are super traditional, and since he is the only son. You get the idea. Even if we get a second house, they would want to live with us and rent out one of the house or something.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Jas12--
I know what you mean about spending $$ and the toy end up in the corner collecting dust.
I''ve seen those coloring book. The funny thing about J is that she only likes to doodle on my stuff.
I give her brand new notepad and she insists on drawing on my notepad or whatever it is that I''m reading.

Puffy--
You need to post some of your maternity pics for us.
If you do not want to post here, find us in FB!
B must be uber excited about the arrival of his little brother.
Oo....how exciting....the countdown begins.

Janine--
Isn''t it funny how the babies just have an on/off switch?
One day, they are teetertottering and the next day, they''ll be running (or attempting to) full speed.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
lili--haha, co is like that too, the grass is always greener. Mom''s stuff is so much more appealing and taboo.
3.gif
Same goes for food (although that works in my advantage sometimes. he just had to have all my pesto zucchini last night b/c i had more on my plate--okay, whatever dude, it''s a veggie)

Diver--ohh, i can''t believe you lost your earring too. sooo sucky. I bet it''ll show up somewhere. I lost a Tiffany pendant over the summer and DH found it last month when cleaning out the car (it slipped b/w the seat and edge of door--did you look everywhere in the car yet?). Not nearly as valuable as your stud, but i was very relieved to have found it. Fingers crossed for you!

I had my first ultrasound today--posted the pic on the preggo thread, but thought i would share here with my mommy friends. I was really more excited at this ultrasound than i was with Co. I think last pregnancy it was still all so surreal and i had no frame of reference. This time, i know what it feels like to be a parent and how much work and wonder it is, i am super excited to meet this new one already. I think it looks like a boy in the profile. The nose looks BIG in this shot, but barely visible in the others..funny. Hope he doesn''t get the big italian noses the men have in the family ...or worse, hope a SHE doesn''t get one of those--eek
2.gif

PSbaby13w.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
aw Jas12- what a great ultrasound pic!!

so, some of you know my sister has been ttc baby #2 and she found out yesterday that her little girl is going to have a baby brother or sister. She is due Aug. 1 and not telling anyone yet b/c it''s still way early in the pregnancy and she miscarried her first pregnancy. But, I''m just so happy for her and had to share!

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
ahh, that''s great MrsS. congrats to your sis!!!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Hi mommies! I''ve been away for way too long! So much to catch up on!

Hope everyone had a wonderful thanksgiving!

I''ve been sick the last week. I''m feeling much better but still have a cough and I''m congested. I''m hoping it''s not bronchitis. Even though I wasn''t feeling 100%, we went out to eat everyday (Wed - Sun)...it was busy! We had lots of plans. The good thing was I actually felt better when I was up and about then lying down.

I didn''t buy anything in Black Friday but have been going nuts shopping online. Too many good deals! I''ve lost track of all the packages coming. I''ve finished my Christmas shopping and did a little shopping for myself, which I haven''t done in a long time. We also bought a new washer/dyer set (because we found a great deal we couldn''t pass up!) and we''re getting our garage door and opener replaced since it''s very old and loud. MUST stop shopping now!

Diva, good to see you! Going to find you now on FB.

Tacori, glad the trip went well!

Jas12, great u/s picture! Love it!

puffy, I can''t believe you have less than 4 weeks left! Have a fabulous photoshoot! Hope we get to see some shots!

Janine, sounds like C is doing great! D is opening/closing/and getting into everything too and he''s not even walking yet! I am in so much trouble!

MrsS, congrats to your sister!!! How exciting!

QT, lili, bobo, burk, diva, jas, MrsM- hi!

sasa

Brilliant_Rock
Diver, hope you will find the stud soon.

QT, ah, the only son. They must be thrill with baby #2 then. Hope your in laws are great to live with.

Jas12, thanks for sharing the ultrasound. I never got a copy of the ultrasound when I was preggo with little B so I get "emotional" when I see a ultrasound. Look at the little hands and feet, so cute!

MrsS, Big congrats to your sister! Sending her lots of sticky dust!

snlee, hope you feel better soon.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Hello there mamas!!
35.gif

Over on the new mama (newborn to 12 months) thread, we've been talking about making a change in the way our thread is organized. It affects you all, so I thought I'd explain what we are thinking and get you guys's feedback. I've posted a similar message on the preggo thread.

You all were here for this and I wasn't (well not as a participant anyway) but just to recap.... There used to just be a preggo thread. As it grew, there were lots of regular posters and the new moms stuck around. It seemed like the best part was that it was easy to ask a question and get a response from someone more experienced, but that the thread moved SUPER fast and was hard to keep up with. People going through things at the same time naturally "talked" mostly to eachother, and thus the thread split into mamas and preggos. Later, the same thing happened as many people "graduated" to the moms thread, and that thread split off into the younger baby and toddler threads that we have now.

The way things are set up now, as you know, people keep "graduating" up the line, and everyone will eventually end up on the toddler's thread. With this system, over time we would probably need to keep splitting the thread for the oldest group of kids.

We are thinking about changing our thread's title to be "PS Mommy Thread - 2009 babies" or something like that. This means that the people currently on the thread (plus any new additions before the year's end!) would just stay on it over time. We wouldn't graduate up and overwhelm the toddler thread. The preggos would need to start a thread for 2010 babies (or however they want to organize things) so they'd have a place to "graduate". Hopefully, people could continue popping in on eachother's threads to help out with questions!

Could you please share your feedback with us over in the Newborn to 12 month thread? Thanks!

TDM

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results