shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy thread with toddlers 12-36 months

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
TDM: I think it makes sense but I''m in the camp of leaving things as they are for now. I''m a 2008 Mom but feel attached to alot of 2007 Moms! Plus I don''t find this thread gets that much traffic that it requires splitting..just yet. But I''m all for whatever everyone decides!!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Snlee: hope you''re feelnig better, but meanwhile, sounds like you did some great shopping! What did you get D for Xmas?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anyone else scared to do an x-mas tree this year? TGal your CL find is fab BTW. I am worried about my little trouble maker. I was thinking of getting a table top one but am having trouble finding one battery operated. I don''t want a tempting cord dangling down. Also PSA of the day...becareful of stocking holders. Thankfully I had not set mine up yet (we have the pottery barn silver "joy" ones that are REALLY heavy) but my SIL''s BF''s niece pulled on theirs and cracked her head open. My SIL said she thought theirs were lighter than our''s too
32.gif
So off to get those sticky hooks. Not worth the risk.

Lili, T loves her aqua doodle and coloring books. Of course she still wants to color on my stuff.
20.gif
She also has the Ikea easel that is AWESOME. She is in total love with it.

MrsS, I cannot imagine taking 3 kids to run errands. You are super mom.

Jas12, look at your little bean! I love u/s pics. T has the color wonder markers too. She prefers the aquadoodle though.

Puffy, she LOVED all of the attention. I cannot believe you are 36 weeks! Where has the time gone?!?

Janine, it isn''t too hard as long as you pay attention on how you are taking the carseat apart. T loved the nuby cups.

Burk, good luck with the house. Glad T likes her new crib.

diver, I totally would do it. I didn''t LOVE the first 6 months. I like personality. Haha. Of course my little girl has A LOT of personality so be careful what you wish for. T loves cars too. I hope you find your earring. What bad luck!

Q, T loves her kitchen. She got it for her first b-day.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
tacori: eek, just bought some stocking holders and they are the heavy ones too. Not sure what to do other than watch C like a hawk. I can totally see how that could happen...those stockings must look so inviting to a little toddler.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Thanks bobo and janine, I'm feeling better today. A little cough but not congested.

janine, so far I've gotten D lots of clothes, some nesting blocks, splat mat, and books. Nothing huge. Have you gotten anything for C yet?

Tacori, we just set up our fakey Christmas tree this past weekend. We didn't put any ornaments near the bottom of the tree. Did you put one up last year? We didn't last year since we didn't have the energy with a newborn. We were a little scared but did it anyways and hoped for the best. We're hosting Christmas dinner at our house this year so I want some decorations up. We don't let D near the tree, only a few times to touch it...where he proceeded to touch the tree then stick his fingers in his mouth! They do such weird things! So far he has been very good about not going near it. I'm surprised at how well he's been.

We also put stockings up, with the heavy stocking holder. We are worried about it as we can see it's a hazard for toddlers. We put a fireplace screen there so he doesn't reach up. He used to always go over to the screen and knock on it so we took it down. So far, he hasn't been over there. But after hearing your story, we're going to take the heavy holders down and just use sticky hooks! I don't want any accidents like that happening in our house! Poor kid. I hope she's okay.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
janine~T choked when she drank when she was younger. I think it just took her some time to figure it out? Maybe try the straw cups?

mrss~It is good that the girls didn''t have to miss school but also so sad that they''ve missed out on their breaks. Hopefully their Christmas break is better!
2.gif
Congrats to your sister!

Bobo~Sorry B is sick. It''s almost Sat. so your SIL is almost out of there!
11.gif
T and I are good. Just trying to get things in order with the house.

Jas12~What a great ultrasound pic!!!

Snlee~Hey there! Sorry you were sick. Great job shopping! I still have a long ways to go to getting my Christmas shopping done!!

TDM~This thread is pretty slow. I agree with Janine that it really doesn''t make much sense to split it? But, of course, I''ll do whatever!

Tacori~I put up our tree. It''s a 7 1/2 ft. fake tree and T has been a great listener and only looked, not touched since I put it up last Friday. Our nephew (11 months) was over Sunday for Thanksgiving and he was a PITA with it...but he doesn''t live with me so no problems there!
41.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Janine, yaeh she needed stitches poor kid. I cannot watch T like a hawk b/c we no longer have gates downstairs. A big x-mas tree just isn''t worth it for me. You can hang other things from the holders, ornaments or those berry balls for example.

snlee, we did not set it up last year b/c we used to always spend x-mas in Ohio. This is our first time here. I did see C&B has adorable felt ones that are a good idea with a toddler. This lady I was talking to at Target says she just put them on the top half. Haha.

Burk, T is NOT a good listener. I think next year we will put it up again.

Good gift idea for girls...I just picked up the "wood confectionary set" from Pier One for $15. I haven''t opened it yet but it looks adorable. Land of Nod has a similar one for a lot more money. They also had really cute stocking stuffers.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Tacori~I wouldn''t put it up either if you don''t think T will be able to keep her hands off. My T loves the lights and calls the tree pretty but has been good so far about following the rules (we''ll see how long this lasts). She has a big obsession lately with listening....there are a couple kids at her daycare that go to timeout a lot for not listening so she always tells me about it and tells me she listens to Miss Sue and her mommy and her daddy and she goes on and on. She has been very intent on NOT going to timeout lately so even the threat of it scares her (it didn''t before so not sure what happened). In any event, I''ll take it!!
9.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is the link to the cute desert stand I was talking about.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2009 2:26:13 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
How cute is that?!?!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Christmas Tree
I remember when our nephew was a toddler, we just have to move ornaments on the bottom of the tree up. Quite a few were broken. I think we''ll do the same with M this year, but I am not really motivated to put it up at all. Maybe I''ll just have SIL come over and do it for us.

snlee
Glad you are feeling better.
Gosh you are just on top of the Christmas gifts. We haven''t started yet. Maybe this weekend.

Tacori
Thanks for the PSA on stocking holders. Didn''t think about that.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2009 2:59:56 PM
Author: Burk
Date: 12/2/2009 2:26:13 PM

Author: Tacori E-ring

How cute is that?!?!

Isn''t it? And only $15 so I got her one. Land of nod''s is probably cuter *but* I was not willing to spend $39 on it (plus shipping).

Q, I would not have thought of that either. I was glad my SIL pointed it out to me.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
tacori-I've put up my tree every year since my kids were born. However, I do put the ornaments that could break on the top half and all the rest on the lower half. I'm actually surprised he hasn't messed with it at all. he'll go and look at it but doesn't touch. I even started putting out presents thinking he might try to open them and he hasn't even touched one. I'm not sure he really knows that you are supposed to open them b/c it's been a while since we've had any birthdays/presents around here. All my kids were very good about listening and not messing with it. If T doesn't listen than it would definitely be safer to not have one up. It's not worth risking her getting hurt.

tandogmom- so far, this thread doesn't move too fast so it works fine for us. Part of the problem is the baby threads didn't really start taking off until Tacori/diver/ella etc. got preggo and then there was the boom of the April 2008 babies where 4 of us who are active posters stuck around. now, it seems a lot more gals are joining the preggo and mommy threads but if we do a babies born in 2007 thread, that will put tacori in a thread basically by herself. and there are only a handful of 2008 mommies who are regular posters. So, I'd really rather keep us all together. Plus, I think as more of the gals graduate up to this thread it will make a little more room in the newborn to 12 month thread. We've got plenty of room over here for more. I kinda figured we would eventually have to split again but would wait until we really needed too. But, I'm open to whatever!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just put this idea in the newborn thread, and I thought I''d put it here too.

I''m just going to throw this idea out there and then let you ladies talk amongst yourselves (since I''m just a lurker). Would it help at all if there was a sub-forum dedicated to mommies/parents instead of having a thread in FH&H that gets really, really long? Since I''m not a parent, I don''t have a vested interest either way, and I can see everyone''s points of view. I''ll still follow the threads (I love reading them), whatever you decide, but I thought I''d put that idea out there.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone!
35.gif

WOW! MOM drama! (hey, look at that, *wow* is *mom* upside down!)

hope you are all doing well. I try to keep up with you all, but even though this thread isn''t as fast as the new mom one, it too fast for me!
But I lurk a lot, and just wanted to say hi and happy holidays. I miss you all, and send love and best wishes. xoxo

I think Zoe''s suggestion is a good one.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2009 4:41:36 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett
I just put this idea in the newborn thread, and I thought I''d put it here too.

I''m just going to throw this idea out there and then let you ladies talk amongst yourselves (since I''m just a lurker). Would it help at all if there was a sub-forum dedicated to mommies/parents instead of having a thread in FH&H that gets really, really long? Since I''m not a parent, I don''t have a vested interest either way, and I can see everyone''s points of view. I''ll still follow the threads (I love reading them), whatever you decide, but I thought I''d put that idea out there.
I don''t like the idea. I like a place to hang out and not something topical. Just shootin'' the breeze. Moms can start separate threads in the FH forum if they have specific questions...

Hi to the rest of ya...been researching cameras and camcorders and going on rampages about routines and schedules, so busy...
9.gif
Will be back to make comments at some point as I have been reading. Muah to my ladies!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Tgal
You are getting another camera? a p&s?

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Do you know where I can find toy wooden pot and pan?

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
I''m not digging more thread splitting. It''s hard enough for me to keep up as it is and this thread moves slowly enough that I don''t feel like I have to chime in all the time and can just lurk if necessary. And as usual, I agree with TGal that a lot of us here just like "hanging out" with each other rather than having something topical.

qtiekiki, we have this melissa and doug toy pot set:
http://www.melissaanddoug.com/dyn_prod.php?p=2610&k=87163&name=Kitchen%20Accessory%20Set

35.gif
Hi ladies! I''ll be back soon to catch up but just wanted to say hello and hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!! xo

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2009 5:11:45 PM
Author: qtiekiki
Tgal
You are getting another camera? a p&s?
Nope, I am doing research for preggo friends who are bearing litters.
3.gif

I did get a little HD video recorder though, as I don''t love what I''m using now.

And I bought a lens for myself for the DSLR. I had a birthday and am all about treating myself.
9.gif

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Hi. My children try to eat dirt from houseplants. What they don''t eat, they massage into the dog. Also, they don''t nap anymore. Also, I haven''t showered since October.

Thank you. That is all.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2009 6:01:11 PM
Author: jas
Hi. My children try to eat dirt from houseplants. What they don''t eat, they massage into the dog. Also, they don''t nap anymore. Also, I haven''t showered since October.

Thank you. That is all.

Have you tried CIO? Also, I strongly recommend a routine. Perhaps at 3 pm sharp daily, they can massage food into the dog. This will enable them to understand that the rest of the time, food is for eating themselves and things will fall into place.

I can''t help you with the shower. I''m dirty too.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/2/2009 6:07:54 PM
Author: TravelingGal

Thank you. That is all.

Have you tried CIO? Also, I strongly recommend a routine. Perhaps at 3 pm sharp daily, they can massage food into the dog. This will enable them to understand that the rest of the time, food is for eating themselves and things will fall into place.

I can''t help you with the shower. I''m dirty too.

The only one in my house who CIOs is the dog. He also showers more frequently than I do. That may or may not be related to the dirt bath he gets daily.

Wait...I''m supposed to feed my kids?
Oh.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock

Thank you. That is all.
HaHa!
And to take it one step further....
The dirty smelly dog that now is in need of a bath then pukes all over the carpet at 2am so that *I* can (did) step barefoot it in last night. Then of course there is that constant battle of proper hygiene "Did you wash your hands?" for the 1,000,000 time, and if there is a boy in the house, the battle of getting him to pee IN the toilet and not on everything else. Of course all in between constant carpooling, homework and three meals a day, various snacks baths (theirs of course) and laundry. I used to think my one newborn was hard. Then she started to move. and talk. then I had another. and it got harder They are bigger now, and more self sufficient, but not nearly as cute. But they don''t eat dirt (that I know of anyway)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2009 5:13:27 PM
Do you know where I can find toy wooden pot and pan?

plan toys makes some. Tessa has their dishes and really likes it. Here are some with a combo of metal and wood which would be cool. Here is the one curly mentioned. Here is some from potterybarnkids.com If it is BPA issues and stuff you are worried about Green Toys makes a set found here. This looks like the deluxe set. I think Amazon just sells the pot and pan. Many of us got their tea set.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/2/2009 6:12:16 PM
Author: iluvcarats

Thank you. That is all.
HaHa!
The dirty smelly dog that now is in need of a bath then pukes all over the carpet at 2am so that *I* can (did) step barefoot it in last night. Then of course there is that constant battle of proper hygiene ''Did you wash your hands?'' for the 1,000,000 time, and if there is a boy in the house, the battle of getting him to pee IN the toilet and not on everything else. Of course all in between constant carpooling, homework and three meals a day, various snacks baths (theirs of course) and laundry. I used to think my one newborn was hard. Then she started to move. and talk. then I had another. and it got harder They are bigger now, and more self sufficient, but not nearly as cute. But they don''t eat dirt (that I know of anyway)
I''m in trouble. And I''m so sorry about your barefoot.
7.gif
I don''t even want to think about potty training right now.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Yeah I know Tgal posted a link to the tea set, but M is more into banging the pots and pans. She found the metal one that our nephew used to play with the other day and was banging it on the tile floor. So I figure we can get her a couple more. Thanks for all the links.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock

Thank you. That is all.

I miss you. I guess there is an advantage to NOT having a dog or houseplants. Still, my child just throw food at me. She is SO well behaved. You should ALL learn from me.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2009 6:17:16 PM
Yeah I know Tgal posted a link to the tea set, but M is more into banging the pots and pans. She found the metal one that our nephew used to play with the other day and was banging it on the tile floor. So I figure we can get her a couple more. Thanks for all the links.

Oh well maybe the metals ones would work then. Plan Toys is a great company. I got her metal pans from Target during one of their super duper sales. I think they were $5. She loves "cooking."

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2009 6:16:38 PM
Date: 12/2/2009 6:12:16 PM

Author: iluvcarats

Thank you. That is all.

HaHa!

The dirty smelly dog that now is in need of a bath then pukes all over the carpet at 2am so that *I* can (did) step barefoot it in last night. Then of course there is that constant battle of proper hygiene ''Did you wash your hands?'' for the 1,000,000 time, and if there is a boy in the house, the battle of getting him to pee IN the toilet and not on everything else. Of course all in between constant carpooling, homework and three meals a day, various snacks baths (theirs of course) and laundry. I used to think my one newborn was hard. Then she started to move. and talk. then I had another. and it got harder They are bigger now, and more self sufficient, but not nearly as cute. But they don''t eat dirt (that I know of anyway)

I''m in trouble. And I''m so sorry about your barefoot.
7.gif
I don''t even want to think about potty training right now.

Just a day in the life...
3.gif

BTW, are you looking for another dog
11.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results