carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy thread with toddlers 12-36 months

lili

Ideal_Rock
Tacori
Glad to hear that you are doing better.
Kids are very perceptive...they can sense what you are really feeling.
Ouch....sorry to hear about the scratch on your gum.
I know what you are talking about.
I tend to get those when I traumatize my gums (from banging it w/ my toothbrush or scratching my gum).
I think they are some form of canker sores that it generally takes a week to run its course.
I think there ointment out there that supposedly relieves the pain, but I never used it.
Consult a dentist though if the cut is swollen.

Burk
Awww...poor thing. It is hard on little kid when one of their parent is gone.
But when they are older and able to do slumber party w/ their mom, it''s a different story
9.gif

My nieces used to miss their dad when he went on Navy duty over the weekend.
But when they are older and can sleep in their mom''s room when daddy is away, they were celebrating when they heard daddy is going to be gone for a few days
41.gif

Woohoo on a good deal!
Haha, I''m surprised that your little busy body is able to sit still while shopping.
Sorry can''t contribute to getting T down to one nap since you all know I have a non-napper here.
Good luck.
And good luck w/ TTC next month!

Puffy
Haha, too funny that B is. You need to get a picture of him kissing your belly! (especially when you get your baby bump).

msb
oh no, those onesies are 6 months.
I had to put her in 6 months onesie when she was 3 months because she got some booty in her size3 diaper then.
So will K outgrow his egg allergy? Or is it going to be permenant?

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/17/2009 4:58:57 AM
Author: lili

msb

oh no, those onesies are 6 months.

I had to put her in 6 months onesie when she was 3 months because she got some booty in her size3 diaper then.

So will K outgrow his egg allergy? Or is it going to be permenant?

Doh!! i read somewhere that u said 6 months, but it just didn''t click! hahaha....K still has his allergy
7.gif
i was told (and so has many websites i visited) that i should stop COMPLETELY and not give him anything with eggs or egg extract so that he can overcome it by age 3 to 4...if i keep trying to introduce it and he keeps getting a reaction, ill just delay when he becomes allergy-free (closer to 6/7 years)...there are those though who never outgrow it..hopefully he isn''t one of them...

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/16/2009 9:33:43 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring

mrss, thanks friend. How cute he grabbed the cereal box! T has had honey nut before at a friend's house. We have no food allergies so I figured meh...she was eating them like they were crack.
I am a lurker on these threads because I am starting to get the baby bug but I wanted to comment on this because I have a background in microbiology. The reason to avoid honey is NOT because of food allergies, it is because of botulism spores. I know most of the babies in this thread have developed enough immune systems in their GI tracts to handle honey but I know that the newborn and up moms also read this thread. I wouldn't want them to read this and think if they have no allergy to honey it is ok to feed it to their little one. Sorry if I am butting in but a professor at my school had to watch their baby die of botulism after a friend gave the baby some honey. It was so heartbreaking to hear that it has always stuck with me. The babies her are so cute and precious I don't want anything to happen to them!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/17/2009 1:08:47 PM
Author: indecisive
Date: 5/16/2009 9:33:43 PM

Author: Tacori E-ring

mrss, thanks friend. How cute he grabbed the cereal box! T has had honey nut before at a friend's house. We have no food allergies so I figured meh...she was eating them like they were crack.

I am a lurker on these threads because I am starting to get the baby bug but I wanted to comment on this because I have a background in microbiology. The reason to avoid honey is NOT because of food allergies, it is because of botulism spores. I know most of the babies in this thread have developed enough immune systems in their GI tracts to handle honey but I know that the newborn and up moms also read this thread. I wouldn't want them to read this and think if they have no allergy to honey it is ok to feed it to their little one. Sorry if I am butting in but a professor at my school had to watch their baby die of botulism after a friend gave the baby some honey. It was so heartbreaking to hear that it has always stuck with me. The babies her are so cute and precious I don't want anything to happen to them!

thanks indecisive, I was actually concerned about the nuts and not the honey. My ped. says honey is okay after 12 months so all the mommies in this thread would be safe but it is good to point out. Also, it was pure honey I was told to keep from him until 12 months for the exact reasons you mentioned. It's a good reminder for the under 12 month mom's who do read over here.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
OMG my child has been a terror this morning! Woke up at 4am (because poor thing''s allergies are terrible and she had snot EVERYWHERE and couldn''t breath). Back to bed around 4:45 after I cleaned up her face, changed her diaper and gave her more allergy meds. Woke at 8:15. Told me she was ready for a nap at 9:45. I waited to put her down because I wanted her to nap longer (BIG mistake) and put her down around 10:30. She never fell asleep. Played then started fussing around 11:15 so I went and got her and tried to feed her lunch. Nope. Wanted nothing to do with that. Spit food out, said "no" to half the stuff I tried to put on her tray, threw food to the dog. AHHHHHHH! Finally went down at 12:20 (after crying for 10 minutes which is so not like her) and we have to leave at 1:30. I''m stressed about what the rest of the day will be like. Boo. Okay, enough of my whining.

puffy~I''m worried about how long it will take because my cycles are messed up too. That''s why I''m actually okay with trying to time BDing the next couple cycles even though it wouldn''t be ideal if I got preggo then. July or August would be ideal but who knows what will happen so I figure since it''s out of my hands I should just relax and enjoy the ride.
21.gif
I''m sure B will be great when the new baby comes. Remember that''s quite a long way from now and he''ll be older and most likely even more mature and independent than he is now. I''m sure he''ll be a terrific big brother!

iluv~I can totally understand. Having a newborn is no picnic at times. You are NOT old so if that''s the main thing holding you back I''d still do it. What does your DH say? Think of the two helpers you''d have built in too! No, I''m not enabling.
16.gif
Sam sounds so adorable. I would have melted hearing that song. Melted. And Ava, soooo funny! Thanks for the giggle.

msb~I was excited about my good deal.

lili~I think T is pretty screwed up with D out of town this time. Thank goodness he is back tomorrow. I''m sure when she gets older we will have many a slumber party. That will be fun for them and me!
9.gif
I was actually quite surprised Miss T stayed in the stroller while we shopped too. That is NOT like her but I was pleasantly surprised. Now the baseball game, she was in rare form at the baseball game. I''m not sure I saw much of the game because she was running in circles.
5.gif

indecisive~Good info! Thanks for popping in!

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Burk! Miss you. Sorry you had such a morning with T. I hope it gets better. My T is sick too- with a temp yesterday and maybe a cold? My dh was saying it maybe allergies. who the heck knows. He has been sleeping for 3 1/2 hours right now. I am thinking I should be waking him up? dh leaves for the philippines for 2 weeks tomorrow. I do have help during the day and my mom is coming on Saturday. I am excited.
gotta run but just wanted to send you a hug!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Thanks MSB!

Hi Pave
35.gif

How are you? Hope you have a nice visit with your mom
1.gif

Burk
Thanks for the vote of confidence! I think I'm going to wait, and if the baby fever comes back full force, we shall see...
Sorry T is giving you a hard time. Glad your DH will be back tomorrow.

ETA They would be great helpers, but I am afraid that this child would be lonely b/c they would be so much older.

sasa

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks iluv, I wish the home will turn out to be homey and cozy for us. You have sucha sweet boy, the song just melts my heart. 20/20 hearing? that just cracks me up

Curly, yay on peed in the potty!

Thanks puffy, glad to hear B''s burns are all healed! How sweet of B think the baby is his. He will be a great big brother.

Tacori, that is very sweet of ya, I wish I can travel alone but I don''t think DH will let me since he never take care little B by himself before. Glad to hear you are doing well. little B like to stick his fingers in my mouth too, my gum always gets scratched but usually the pain don''t last that long.

Thanks MrsS, wow...walk up and down 3 times to get to the 17th floor. I got tired just hearing about it. Good thing the car was able to entertain Jake.

Thanks Burk, that is a new avi. I love the smile on him in that picture. He did put on weight but still not enough. He is still too skinny per the pedi but oh well...what can I do if he is a string bean . Sorry to hear about your morning, I guess kids never go with parent''s plan. Whenever DH tried to plan the day little B always go the opposite way of the plan.

Thanks msb, I hope K will outgrow the egg allergy. So if K is allergic to egg, can he still get his vaccines?

Thanks lili, he is feeling better today. I just get so nervous when he have a fever.

indecisive, so sorry to hear about your professor, thanks for the reminder.

Pave, sorry to hear your little guy is sick. Hope he gets well soon

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Pave~Thanks for popping in! I miss you too! My T has allergies..her allergist says food allergies/reflux/seasonal allergies very often go together. Your T's temp could be teething? That's awesome that he slept well for nap. I would never wake a sleeping baby if you can help it. Sounds weird but typically good sleep during the day equals good sleep at night. Sorry your Dh is leaving tomorrow (mine is gone right now-big surprise there) but it sounds like you have a good support system!!

iluv~I know I've mentioned to you before, but I'm 9 years older than my little brother (who graduated today). He has been like an only child the past 6 years since my sister and I were both out of the house, but he loved it. He got the best of both worlds-spoiled rotten like an only child but he still had my sister and I. We are so close even though he's much younger than I am. And, he and my mom are tight. I'm sure you'd enjoy that!
2.gif
Okay. Done enabling. I think I enable just because your family would be much like mine and I am very close to my family.

Bobo~I thought it was new. You know, if B is eating and happy and healthy I don't think I'd worry about his weight. I think your pedi needs to relax!
3.gif
Sometimes it's just genetics. Tayva is off the charts for height and only 45 to 50 percentile for weight. Genetics.

Well, graduation was interesting. We had to get there 30 minutes before it started to get our seats. T was awesome those 30 minutes. However when the ceremony started she would not sit still, she wanted to sing and talk and overall it wasn't so good. I took her out and she played with other toddlers who also weren't doing so well so it worked out.
21.gif
She was a social butterfly at my parents at my bros party. Everyone loved her and she was pretty good...just wanted to be on the move constantly. So, I'm tired. DH owes me big time for missing today. Not just because it was a big day for my bro, but because it's so hard to do these big social things with a toddler and no backup (not that my family wasn't great, but they had to "socialize" too). I need to finish my laundry and head to bed. Hope everyone had a great weekend!

sasa

Brilliant_Rock

Hope all the Mommies in L.A. are ok!

I was home alone with little B, DH was out walking the dog. I grab little B and ran for the door and tripped while jumping over the baby gate. Fell and was trying not to smash little B so I landed left knees first. Now the knee is all swollen and I''m limping. Hope everyone are ok!

Burk, I think the pedi finally realized he will be a string bean but he still like to see little B gain more weight.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
lili
Yeah those teeth love to come in together.
No, we haven''t ordered the wheely bug yet. I was trying to show M to see if she would show interest like J, but she was more interested in the laptop. I still can''t decide which animal to get.
I feel the same way as you; I was all pooped after M one-month party. We''ll see what we end up doing.
How funny J called your jar of paper stars puffs.
Lucky you got enough sick time. I used all mine up for maternity leave. I got like 19 days, and had already used a couple.
You better get a DSLR soon b/c I need pics of your cutie pie.

iluvcarats
I agree with you. So much so that I barely got on the diamond side of the site. I don''t think anyone outside of the mommy thread knows me nowaday.
Your kids are so cute. Sam''s song just made your heart melt, didn''t it?

Bobo
Glad little B''s 15 months check-up went well. Is pedi still concerned with his weight? Seems like he gained a bit.

Curly
Yay for Lily peeing in the potty.

Tacori
So how many teeth does T have now?
Glad you are doing better. How is the sore on your gum?

MrsS
You had a busy weekend. At least you got some awesome pizza.
M fell asleep nursing again tonight. I think I need to move her bedtime up.

Burk
Sorry about the rough morning. But sounds like T did ok for the graduation and awesome for party. And yay for a deal on the dress.

puffy
ic... I thought you were looking at preschool for when baby #2 is here. Probably b/c that would be our plan.
She woke up last night at 4:30am, and cried. I let her for 20 min, then went in to put her down. I think part of the problem is that she pulls herself up and then she doesn''t know how to get back down. She fell back asleep after I put her down.

msb
M is still not going great in the sleep department.

indecisive
Thanks for the reminder. I took microbiology back in college, so I knew that''s the reason for not having honey. But it''s good info for everyone. I remember they called it "Flapping Baby Syndrome" or something like that, and it was a problem in Indian''s culture b/c of the ritual of giving baby honey.

Thanks everyone for the good wishes about sleeping. Things are still not that great. She fell asleep nursing again. She didn''t even wake up when I brushed her teeth. I put her and she slept for 30 min, then pulled herself up again. I let her cry for 20 min before going in. Like I mentioned to puffy, I think part of the problem is that she doesn''t know how to get back down from standing, so she is stuck. Once I put her back down with her paci, she fell back asleep. What can I do to keep her from pulling up? or help her learn to get down?

lili

Ideal_Rock
iluvcarats
Awweee.....what a little sweetheart your Sam is. I''d be puddle too w/ a song like that.
Hehe....your darlings just say the funniest thing
9.gif
Thanks for the laugh.

MrsS
Yikes!! 3 times up and down 17 flight of stairs? I''m exhausted just hearing about it.
And they had to do it with loads too.
Too cute about Jake getting behind the wheels, you should take a picture of it.
I was going to take one of J behind the wheel too, but I completely forgot until you mention Jake liking the wheel
5.gif

Burk
Poor Tayva and poor you.
Hope she isn''t too wired up at the graduation.
ETA: read your update on the grad.
I agree....it is tiring when you have a busy body, especially when she''s a little wired up.
Hehe, running after them is probably better than having a fussy crying child when you are in public.

msb
Bummer about the egg allergy still.
Is K severely allergic? Hope he outgrows it.

Bobo
Hehe, that smile is really sweet.
And is his hair that long or is that just a shadow on his face?
I''d never guess that he''s skinny --- look at those cheeks!
Glad to hear that he''s feeling better.
I understand why you and hubby are nervous when he has a fever after his bout w/ kawasaki.

lili

Ideal_Rock
QT
Sorry to hear that M is still having trouble putting herself back to sleep.
I think you are right about her not being able to get back down to sleep after pulling herself up.
Hmm...I don't know what I did to help J learn lowering herself down.
When she pulled herself up, you can grab her hands and start lowering her hands down so that she'll follow with her whole body.
Or you can just let her figure it out herself
5.gif

Haha, don't know if I'll get a DSLR soon.
I hate carrying things. I complain about carrying this compact camera already.
I just know if I get a DSLR, it'll probably end up sitting in the backpack in the closet most time
8.gif

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/17/2009 7:39:33 PM
Author: Bobo ^__*

Thanks Burk, that is a new avi. I love the smile on him in that picture. He did put on weight but still not enough. He is still too skinny per the pedi but oh well...what can I do if he is a string bean . Sorry to hear about your morning, I guess kids never go with parent''s plan. Whenever DH tried to plan the day little B always go the opposite way of the plan.

Haha, so true.
Whenever we need to go into work early, J decides to sleep-in.
And when we can sleep in like one the weekend, guess who''s up at the crack of dawn?
38.gif

lili

Ideal_Rock
QT and Curly
You both should put M and Lucy in the brown onesie and post pictures of it:)

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
just have to pop in an comment on the amelia photos...they are soooo cute, and love the comment on the "annoyed teenager" pose--she does look so much older now, but what a face! And where''d you get the cute clip? Her hair is very stylin too, and love the Audrey Hepburn shot! And where can I get a brown onesie? I''m really bummed about no more Amelia shots...even though I understand..

Congrats to Lily on potty progress!
36.gif

I''ll keep my post brief since I technically shouldn''t be here, but I got adventurous with giving C some more finger food, and didn''t work out too well! Gave her some pears cut up and toasted bagel pieces. She loves the bagels (not so sure about the fruit..), but last night managed to get some big pieces in her mouth and made some choking sounds. Then she threw up a little and we had to scoop the piece out...it was scary and no more bagel pieces for her..and guess i should only give her tinsy pieces or very large ones. She has 2 teeth so she is able to bite things, but then not advanced enough to break it down beyond that. Otherwise things are good and she is very chatty and feisty these days..really moving into new stages. Also suddenly likes eating again (bottles and cereal)..

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
mrsS, I miss those first, wobbly steps.

Burk, you know I love a great deal! Yay for your brother graduating. My brother just graduated from college. I totally hear you about doing those kinda things without back-up. Glad it went well.

puffy, that''s funny about your FIL. Just found out it will be a lunch thing on Sunday. Just let me know (or if any of the other bay area mommies are interested). We have a good group. T has been sleeping until 9:30-10 lately. Not sure what that is all about but I am not complaining.

iluv, thanks. I drowned my sorrows in chocolate cookies last night. What a sweet boy! I love his song. Ava is so funny! You are an awesome mama.

msb, congrats on the side business. I missed that before. Are cupcakes popular where you live? I feel like they are all the rage here. My sister is having them instead of a wedding cake.

Lili, cute av! We need to see a larger version of that cutie. I tried the ointment. It numbed half of my mouth
14.gif
It is not swollen.

Bobo, maybe it is time THAT changed
2.gif
I think the longest DH has ever been alone with T has been 4 hours
20.gif
Hope your knee is okay. Ouch!

Q, my gum feels better today...finally! I am NOT letting her stick her fingers in my mouth again! If I count the 4 K9s that are coming in she has 16 teeth. I would try to teach her to get down from standing. T never had that problem. She would do the splits to get down. So funny.

Janine, sounds like C is doing great. Every new stage is really fun and exciting. Yay she likes eating again!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Can I join this thread or is my DD to old? She''s going to be 3.5 in July.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2009 12:19:25 PM
Author: innerkitten
Join us! We don''t have enough for an older thread right now (at least with the mommy talking regulars) so I''d love to have you!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2009 12:42:21 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Date: 5/18/2009 12:19:25 PM

Author: innerkitten

Join us! We don''t have enough for an older thread right now (at least with the mommy talking regulars) so I''d love to have you!

ditto tgal.

sasa

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks QT, the pedi still wish little B will gain more weight but I think he realized maybe he is a string bean. Sorry to hear about M''s sleep, hopefully it''s just a phase. I have no advice at how to lowering M down, little B never had that problem

lili, love the new avi!! That is a shadow on his face in the avi. I think his kawasaki will follow him and us for life. The pedi is referring him to a optometrist and he put a note in his referral that little B had kawasaki. I was like "this kawasaki will follow him forever huh?" Did you guys feel the earthquake?

Thanks Tacori, forgot to mention in my post that there was a 4.7 earthquake in L.A. last night. The left knee cap is very bruised today and I pulled a muscle on the right knee. damn baby gate.

Hi innerkitten, please join us, I love to hear about your DD

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Bobo~That's good that your pedi realized it's probably genetics. You know, T has been eating like crazy the past few weeks (as in HUGE meals) and she still isn't gaining. What can ya do? How is your knee?

QT~They say when babies learn new things they "practice" in their sleep. I bet that's what M is doing. I bet she figures out how to lay back down soon. In the mean time I'd just keep going in there and giving her paci and lay her back down.

lili~T is usually pretty crazy, but last night was a whole new version. I probably ran a couple miles chasing after her!
14.gif
She is super happy, though, so you're right much better than the fussy crying child. You know the rule-post the avi bigger for us!!

janine~Sounds like C is doing great. That's awesome that she's eating well! T still does the coughing, choking thing at times (she likes to stuff multiple items in her mouth at the same time
20.gif
). It's scary every single time.

Tacori~I knew you'd appreciate my find!
2.gif
Did you get to go to your brother's graduation? Did you take T with you? Back-up is needed for sure in those situations. Lucky you that T has been sleeping in so late! Hope you are able to get some sleep too!

innerkitten~Of course you should join us!!

DH got home late last night (I guess technically this morning....plane troubles) and T was SOOOO happy to see him this morning. She kept hugging him and kissing him and saying "daddy home"
21.gif
Seriously made me tear up. We're going to pick out cabinets this afternoon and then off to baseball again tonight. My little bro is pitching so I'm sure I'll be a nervous wreck.
16.gif

sasa

Brilliant_Rock
janine, it must be a scare for you. little B still choke or gag sometimes when he eats so just be careful and watch out for big pieces.

Thanks Burk, the left knee is pretty bruised and pulled a muscle on the right knee...walking like old lady. you DH''s heart must melted when Tayva kiss him and said "daddy home" Have fun picking out cabinets today, I''m sure you will have more fun then I am. I''m picking counter top today.
20.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
inner, the more the merrier!

bobo, you poor thing! Hope your knee feels better. What kind of countertop are you getting?''

Burk, no we didn''t. We went to visit him in Vancouver a month ago. Too far to take T. I slept MUCH better last night. Thank you for asking. So sweet Tayva missed her daddy. I bet that made him feel SO good!

I am finally going back to the gym tonight. Hopefully I didn''t get too far out of shape.
20.gif
At least with all the stress I only have a couple lbs left to lose. Always a silver lining right?
1.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
bobo~Sorry your knees are hurting. That sucks! Do you have any idea what kind of countertop you''ll go with? We should be picking ours in the next couple weeks too. That''s actually one I am not looking forward too. Good luck!

Tacori~That is a long way to travel to see your bro. Luckily we only had to go 45 minutes. I''m so glad you were able to get better rest last night. Is your situation resolved? Are you less stressed? I tend to lose weight when stressed, too. Good luck heading back to the gym. Will you bring T to childwatch or will your DH be home?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Burk, my situation is one that is not easily resolved but I have great hope things will improve. DH is watching her tonight but I''ll take her to child watch the rest of the week.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Tacori~Hope things continue to improve with the situation. Good luck hitting the gym again. I find it''s always so hard to get "re-motivated" if I''ve been away for a while....which I currently have. It''s so hard when DH is out of town a lot because my classes are when T is sleeping so I can''t take her to the child watch.

sasa

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Tacori, I think we will go with granite counter top...We were looking into CaesarStone but I actually like granite better plus it's cheaper. Have fun at the gym tonight.

Thanks Burk, We will go with granite, but the tough part is picking the color and pattern of the granite.

Here is a bigger version of my avi.

ETA: wow...that was huge! sorry~

4323_1149935352685_1356658118_396680_1888683_n.jpg

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Bobo~Just love that pic! He looks so happy and with those cheeks you''d never think he is "underweight!"
30.gif
There are so many different colors and options with granite. Good luck!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
bobo- adorable pic of little B...still love those cheeks!!

burk-have fun at your brothers baseball game. I hope they win. My little brother will be a junior in college this fall and plays baseball for his school. He''s been playing since he was 3. I miss going to his games but he''s over 3 hours away for us now.

tacori-glad you get to go to the gym tonight. a hard workout always seems to help just clear the mind if anything and I''m sure it will be nice for you to have a little time away from T.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results