Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/20/2009 12:20:52 AM
Author: TravelingGal

Date: 8/19/2009 11:04:11 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
<--------------- Just for you TGal
3.gif
Thanks! LOVE IT!

To the other ladies, I am reading and miss you all. I just haven''t had the time I want to dedicate to responding.

But since I am here, I will update a bit - Amelia has an appointment for her hemangioma on Friday. Hopefully the sucker won''t get too big.

She is full on walking now...no crawling. So much fun. I thought the 3-9 month stage would be my fav but I am LOVING this stage. So cute - walking but no talking (so I don''t have to answer questions and what not.)

I''ve been a craigslist addict trying to get stuff going for this move that is happening, plus will be in WI next week. Suffice it to say, things are crazy!!

I have to say though, while I haven''t posted much in the last week, I''m bummed that this thread is so slow that there isn''t a ton to read. Where the heck is everyone??!?
Tgal, where is Amelia''s Hemangioma?? I ask cause Ashley had one. If you have any questions you know where to find me...

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/20/2009 12:48:32 AM
Author: Kaleigh

Date: 8/19/2009 11:04:11 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
<--------------- Just for you TGal
3.gif
Thanks! LOVE IT!

To the other ladies, I am reading and miss you all. I just haven''t had the time I want to dedicate to responding.

But since I am here, I will update a bit - Amelia has an appointment for her hemangioma on Friday. Hopefully the sucker won''t get too big.

She is full on walking now...no crawling. So much fun. I thought the 3-9 month stage would be my fav but I am LOVING this stage. So cute - walking but no talking (so I don''t have to answer questions and what not.)

I''ve been a craigslist addict trying to get stuff going for this move that is happening, plus will be in WI next week. Suffice it to say, things are crazy!!

I have to say though, while I haven''t posted much in the last week, I''m bummed that this thread is so slow that there isn''t a ton to read. Where the heck is everyone??!?
Tgal, where is Amelia''s Hemangioma?? I ask cause Ashley had one. If you have any questions you know where to find me...
I do! I had asked Ella, whose K had one. Amelia has one above her left eyebrow. Most hemangiomas start in the first year. Amelia''s started at 15 months, which I guess can happen although I have not found ANY info on the net stating this. Where did Ashley have hers, how big did it get and did you have it treated in any way? Ella had K''s treated with some shots and she said it never got that big.

Thanks Kaleigh!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

tgal-yay for the full on walking. it really is a fun stage. I''m bummed the thread has gotten so slow too. I guess most are just busy with life and keeping up with the toddlers. I miss all the updates from Jas12, Lili, puffy, tacori and burk. soon, we do have a few babies that will be one soon so hopefully them coming over will help it pick up.

i hope you have a good trip to WI and I''ll be interested to hear what the dr. says about A''s hemangioma. none of my kids had it so it''s new to me.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
This thread has been moving so slowly lately. I miss all the updates too!

QT, yay for Meena taking some steps!

TGal, yay for Amelia walking! Must be so much fun! Good luck with the dr appointment.

D has a cold right now but he seems to still be his happy self. He''s STTN by himself is his own room now!
36.gif
The first night he slept 11.5 hours by himself. He woke up a few times but soothed himself to sleep. It''s been 3 nights and I feel like a new person!!!
1.gif
We have time to do some much need unpacking and more us time. It''s been wonderful. D is crawling everywhere and trying to take steps with assistance. And he talks a lot now. His favorite is dadadadadadadadada. Still trying to get some mamamamamama''s out of him. I really love this stage.
30.gif
I kept telling myself I love this stage the best. Does it really just keep getting better and better?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
snlee-yay for D sleeping through the night
36.gif
it''s so nice once babies start really sleeping well b/c the parents end up feeling more rested and able to relax more. With each of my kids I always say, oh this is my favorite age/stage. each one has something about it that makes it special and It really does get better and better!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Hey there everyone!! Thank goodness not much has been happening around here lately so I actually might be able to get caught up!! We have started school and I have started volleyball so things have been BUSY. Tayva is in a new room at daycare (just started this week) and is doing great. Their room is called the ladybug room
30.gif
It''s very structured and we actually get copies of the lesson plans if we ask! She has been napping alright (which I was very worried about because they sleep on mats all together in one room) and is binky-less at daycare b/c they don''t allow them in the ladybug room. Makes me think we should start weaning at home soon, but she''s been through quite a bit in transitions lately with me back at work so I prob won''t start for a few weeks.

Enough about me....

Mrss~That''s great that the girls are loving school!! I am feeling pretty good, thanks for asking. I''m pretty much MS free (just some nausea at night) but I''m sooooo exhausted. 12 hr work days didn''t help at the beginning of the week. I''m now on my part time schedule and so far it''s ok. I still would prefer to work mornings, but at least I have an additional few hours with T in the morning. We''re still not sure about finding out the sex. Our appt. for the u/s is Oct.7...

snlee~Yay for D crawling and STTN!! And yes, every stage does just getting better and better!

QT~Cute idea with the same outfit! I''m tired and pretty much m/s free. Really hoping to get the burst of 2nd tri energy SOON!!!! T went through a phase where she got upset when I left, too. She''s over that now.
16.gif

DD~CUTE avi!!!

Tgal~Yay for A being a full-time walker!! Hope her appt. goes well on Friday.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Burk--
Wow, T is a big girl.
J has the 12months and still fit....maybe it''s a little snug now.
She''s got a short torso.....people thinks that she''s smaller when she''s sitting or when we are holding her (w/ her legs curled up)
That''s great that your ms is pretty much gone.
And yay for T adjusting nicely in her new class.

Seeing how T is so big-sistery, I think she''s not too young to talk about being a big sister.
T will be a great big sis. Can''t wait to see how she w/ her little sibling.
Are you going to find out what you are having?

Tomorrow is Friday....so we should see some belly pictures eh?

MrsS--
Haha, you can allow only your PS friends to see that semi-nekkid picture of Jake on the table :razz:
Still waiting to see that video of him cleaning the windows.....which sound so cute the the way.
I think Jadie only knows how to smudge the windows and top it off w/ a kiss.
Great pictures of your Lily....she and Jake looks alike
5.gif

I agree, this thread has been really sluggish lately.
I miss seeing updates from all the kiddies too.

Bobo--
Thinking of little B.
Hope everything is ok.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Snlee--
Yay for D crawling and sleeping in his own crib.
I really should move J to her own room already.
Yep, she''s still in my bedroom (sometimes even on my bed too)
20.gif

Any plans for his upcoming birthday?
Can''t believe your little tyke is going to one already.

QT--
Haha, it''s the other way around for us.
Hubby wanted to find out and I wanted to be surprised.
Knowing my husband, I knew that it wouldn''t be much of a secret because he''ll spill the beans if his family and friends asked....
so we decided to find out.
Like Jake, Jadie went through that phase of crying when we leave too.
It will pass. ^.^ Doesn''t it just melts your heart when they are so happy to see you?

DD--
Cute avi!
And that outfit (hat) is adorable.
Love that color on him.....it really pop.
Bummer about your AF returning
15.gif

TGal--
If you love this stage, you''ll love the talking.
It is quite hilarious (except for when they start whining because they can''t seem to say the words right to get you to understand).
Good luck w/ the Dr appt tomorrow.
Hope he has good news for you.
Keep up posted.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
just popping in to say hi!!! been super busy these past few days and for some odd reason, B is super clingy, more than usual. i can barely leave the house holding onto his hand, i have to literally carry him out of the house. and putting him in the car seat, that has turned into a battle again.
and i have been exhausted by the time B usually goes to bed and while he''s napping, i find myself catching up on all the housework.

hopefully, i''ll have time to catch up soon.

hope everyone is doing well!!!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock

I am bummed too that this thread is so slow lately. Guess we are all just busy.

MrsS
The funny thing is that Meena doesn’t cry unless we are carrying our bags. If we say bye and walk away without carrying anything, she is fine and just continue doing what she is doing. So we think she associates us carrying our bags and purses as going out, and she wants to go with us. When DH’s aunt was over today, Meena didn’t want to be held by or be close to her at all. Only when she put on her purse to leave, Meena went over to her and got picked up by her. Then she processed to wave bye to all of us. I guess Meena likes going out.

Lily must be enjoying being in kindergarten with other kids. Awww it doesn’t get easier with the second kids, huh. I can see myself bawling when Meena goes to preschool. Are you starting Jake with Mommy Day Out soon?

Tgal
Keep us updated with Amelia’s hemangioma. I am curious what treatment(s) is/are out there, if any.
Yay for Amelia fully walking. It’s the cutest when they are walking. Meena is taking more and more steps everyday, and I just LOVE it.
Snlee
Poor Derek. Hope he gets over the cold soon.
Yay for self-soothing and STTN in his own crib and crawling all over. It’s a lot easier when you don’t have to put them to sleep anymore. I bet Derek will start walking soon.
For a long time, Meena didn’t say mama. Now, I say in the last month or so, she will occasionally call out mama to me. It’s the sweetest thing. Hope Derek will do it soon; he will melt your heart.
It does get better and better. I am always looking forward for the next stage.
Burk
Ladybug room. How cute. Glad she is doing great in the new room.
Good luck with going blink-less at home.
Lili
Well I don’t think I can keep the secret. The hardest will actually be keeping it from DH b/c I tell him everything. So we’ll see how it goes.
Yes it does melt my heart to see her happy to see me, especially since before this she doesn’t even really acknowledge me when I got home.
Don’t know if you read my response to MrsS, but Meena doesn’t always cry. She only cries when we are holding bags, so we think she only thinks we are leaving when we are carrying something.
Puffy
Sorry that you are exhausated. Hopefully Brady will be back to his happy self, so you can get a break.
Take it easy. We miss you.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Puffy--
Awwww....hope B is back to his old independent self so that you can have some time to yourself.
It must be hard lifting him when you are 20+ wks preggo.
Please be careful not to overexert yourself. I have a friend who threw out her back when she carried her daughter when she was preggo.
Take it easy.

QT--
Haha, that is too funny.
I guess M just wants to go with you guys when you are going out -- not a homebody huh?
So does she gets excited when she''s out and about?
J loves going out too.....she''ll swing her arms happily when we carry her while strolling on the streets.
It''s a different story when we are in the store. She wants to roam free and get her grimy hands on things.
She''ll pick up some items and have us put in the cart for her
40.gif

Forgot to mention that J is not a huge milk drinker either.
I think she averages about 8 oz of milk at most a day. I just give her cheese and yogurt daily.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
puffy-I hope little B gets back to his normal self soon. Do try to take it easy and get enough rest yourself. I think it''s hard being preggo and keeping up with a toddler.

qt: Jake will start his day out in sept. It will be hard to leave him but I''m so looking forward to having a few hours to be able to do whatever I want with no kids. first stop...pedicure! Jake doesn''t drink a lot of milk either...8-12 oz a day, then he gets one cup of juice and the rest of the time it''s water. He does eat yogurt though. I bought the gogurts and cut off the tops and stick in a straw and he sucks them down that way.

lili-Jake always wants to get out of the cart and walk when I''m shopping two. No matter how I have him strapped in he can wiggle his way out and before I know it he will be standing on the seat. I usually end up having to carry him in one arm and push with the other. another reason i''m so looking forward to my mommies Day out...so I can grocery shop alone!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Just a quick hi since we are back from vacation (I still have a few days left--but just staying home with C, it''s been alot of fun!). Trip went well and I missed C tons, but she didn''t seem to even notice we were gone! Guess Grandma and auntie kept her busy.

Meanwhile C is doing well, standing all the time and a few cautious steps (holding onto something). I can''t believe 1 year old is not that far away..I''m going to have to start a thread soon on first birthday parties as I''m clueless!

A few questions to kick off my return (of course):

*I hear alot of talk on transition to whole milk. How about formula babies--how does this work? Are we supposed to start phasing out formula feedings and increasing solids after 1 year?

*car seat - travel: now that I''ve taken a trip, I want to take more but want to bring the baby. How does it work with car seats (if you fly somewhere and rent a car for example). I can''t imagine dragging along that huge Britax or similar car seat!

Now I''m off to catch up...there''s so much!
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
janine- when I switched from formula to milk with my first I just started adding a little milk to the formula and gradually added more milk/less formula until i ran out of the last can of formula I had.

i haven''t traveled recently with a baby on a plane but when I did I took my big ol'' carseat. we needed it for the rental car and I just checked it along with the luggage. once my daughter was 2 I actually took it on the plane and strapped her in it while we were flying.

maybe tgal and tacori can share what they do since they are more frequent air travelers than I am.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
lili
Guess M is not a homebody. DH was hoping that she would be b/c he is a total homebody.

She is excited when we are out if we are carrying her. She’ll point at and try to touch/grab everything. She looks really bored if she’s in her stroller. Most of the time she is in her stroller though since she is too heavy for us to be carrying for a long time. I think once she can walk, then she’ll won’t want to be in the stroller anymore.

I think M is getting around 12 oz or so a day now that she is finally drink the soymilk by itself. She gets two bowls of cheerios with soymilk (breakfast and mid-afternoon snack). Then she drinks soymilk out of the straw cup twice a day. We just got her some take and toss straw cup for her to drink soymilk. And it’s working well for us.

MrsS
You deserve the pedicure for sure.
I might try that with the gogurts. M isn’t getting dairy daily. I really need to get her back to eating cheese and yogurt everyday.
Janine
How fun to have a few days with C. Yay for C standing and cruising.

I think transition to whole milk from formula is the same as from breastmilk. I’ve read people slowly adding whole milk to the formula/breastmilk, and that’s what I did. It didn’t work for us b/c M didn’t like the whole milk even when it’s mixed with breastmilk. Other people just offer whole milk by itself, I think that’s what puffy and tacori did. My pedi said that M should be eating 3 solid meals and drinking 20oz of milk. Good luck.

Don''t know about the car seat b/c we haven''t flown with M yet and we had been doing the road trip with our own car. So I would love to the answer to this also.

M said elmo yesterday when she saw him on the take and toss straw cup. I think it’s a fluke though b/c she didn’t say it again when we try to get her to. She’s just walking a longer distance everyday. I think she’ll be fully walking in a month. It’s so cute to see her wobbling.
Our friends are expecting their second baby in April. I don’t know if you ladies remember, but this couple was the one whose husband didn’t want a second kid. So we were surprised when we found out they were expecting. I am excited to be pregnant with someone IRL too. The wife had been asking me a lot of questions b/c their first is 9 yrs old, and everything is all new to her again.

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Janine- Coming out of lurkdom regarding car seats.
I traveled in June with t(he was 6 months I think). I dont use the converitble yet but we did bring the infant seat and base. I was told if their were extra seats, you can use the carseat for the baby so I thought it was worth it although we always had full flights so it didnt work out. They check it at the gate for you so it was convenient b/c then t could go into the stroller with the car seat attached(we also checked the stroller at the gate). It''s nice to have your stuff at the gate to put the baby in or your carry ons or both. They sell the carseats with wheels but I dont know how much they are- I guess if you travel alot or if it lasts through toddlerhood it may be worth it. I know my friend has one. I have been told not to use the car seats available at car rental places(I didnt want to anyway bc I am paranoid about it being messed up).
I hope that is helpful.

Nice to see you all. Miss being here but have been super busy interviewing and going back to work plus we are putting the townhouse up and have been working like mad to get it ready. take care everyone!

lili

Ideal_Rock
MrsS--
You deserve that pedicure.
I hear you on doing some shopping sans kid.
J is worst, she''ll want to push the shopping cart!
I have to hold her by the waist (and she''s more than half my size) and let her push it and at the same time trying to maneuver it.
Smaller carts aren''t too bad, but those big shopping cart at Sam''s Clubs are a pain.
Gogurts....hmm...have to try that.
J is not too keen on your yobaby yogurts anymore. She wants my TJ''s yogurt cups (or what she called mama''s yogurt)

QT--
How exciting that your friend is preggo at the same time.
Sounds like M is doing very well w/ the take-n-toss cup for her soymilk.
For some reason, J just didn''t like her milk in those cups.....that''s why we went and try one last cup -- the Munchkin straw cup.
It worked out well since the cup that she liked is insulated...so that helps to keep the milk colder longer.
Haha, sounds like you need to be prepared to chase after her once she mastered her walking.

Janine--
Yay for Chloe standing and cruising!
You can trying mixing your formula w/ the whole milk first.
If C is like J, that may not go too well.
I mixed whole milk to her breastmilk and she refused all milk.
Didn''t want to drink any breastmilk from the cup except from the source.
We put whole milk in her cereal instead to get her used to the taste.

Pave--
35.gif
35.gif

How''s your handsome little devil Tyler doing?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
lili- Jake likes to push the cart too with me holding him!

So, we just got home from lunch and we went to a mexican restaurant. Jake was dipping chips into the hot salsa a and loving it. he then dipped his chicken into the salsa. I was shocked b/c the salsa was far from mild and I only let him try b/c while we were at the table he kept pointing and trying to get to the bowl. I thought for sure he'd make a sour face and and try to spit it out. But, my little foodie just kept dipping.

pave-so nice for you to pop in. how are you doing?

tgal-thinking of you and Amelia today!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
lili~Yea, T is tall. That''s funny that people think J''s younger when she''s sitting....and then she starts talking or takes off running and they know better!
2.gif
I do think T will be such a good big sister. I just think that almost 6 more months is an awfully long time for a 19 month old to wait to get a baby (which I know she will love). I''m sure we''ll tell her once it becomes obvious but for right now we''ll keep her in the dark.
37.gif
I think we''ll end up finding out what we''re having, although we haven''t decided for sure yet.

puffy~
35.gif

QT~I think the Ladybug room is so cute, too! I doubt we''ll attempt being binky-less for a couple more months. I just don''t find it to be that big of a deal right now and with me being back at school I don''t think it''s the right time.

mrss~Yay for Jake starting the day out program. I''m sure he''ll love it and you will love pedis and alone grocery shopping!! T loves salsa too. Makes me laugh!!

janine~Welcome back from vacation!! T was formula fed and we just started putting whole milk in her bottle in the place of formula. At first she didn''t love it so we did half and half.

pave~
35.gif
Hope all is well with you and T!!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Oh, and just for you, lili!! Belly pics. Just to prove how much bigger I am with this pregnancy the first two on the left are me 16 weeks preggo with T and 19 weeks with T. The two on the right are me tonight. The angle isn't terrific on tonight's pics, but I'm pretty sure I look almost identical to how I did at 19 weeks with T......and I'm 14.5 weeks now.
20.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
would help if I actually attached the pic, huh.
41.gif

burkbellypics2.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
burk, you look adorable!! seriously! almost makes me want to be preggo again..okay, well not really but almost
2.gif
I''m going to go look but I think I was even bigger than you at only 12 weeks with Jake. I remember being up 12 lbs at that point and basically gained a lb a week throughout the whole pregnancy.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay, totally got nostalgic reading back through that thread! anyway, I had gained 12 lbs by the time I was 15 weeks preggo with Jake and I do think our bodies just pop faster with the second babies
40.gif
it''s like your body says, oh you''re preggo, lets just go ahead and make you really look it
37.gif

lili

Ideal_Rock
MrsS--
That''s funny Jake likes salsa.
Did you eat alot of spicy food when you were preggo?
That''s great that he can tolerate spicy food....
opens up alot of options for eating ^.^

Burk--
You look adorable!
Now, is it sad that my tummy looks bigger than that and I''m 16 months PP?
People probably think that I''m expecting my second.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
tgal it is definitely fun when they start to walk. how is amelia?

snlee how is D doing? hope he is doing better. YAY for STTN!!!

burk you look awesome!! how is T doing? how are you doing?

mrsS that is so funny that jake enjoyed the salsa!! when B has something that is spicy, he will cover his mouth and scream spicy and ouch but then no more than 2 seconds later, ask for more. kids!!

qt i think all kids love to get out but at least M is contained in her stroller and not getting into everything that she shouldn''t be. it''s going to be fun when she starts to walk and you try to put her in that stroller and she just kicks and screams and fights the entire process until you give up and let her walk. i''m just saying that''s how B was. haha. how are you feeling? when''s the ultrasound?

lili haha, that is so funny that J loves to push the shopping cart. by the way, when is the dentist appt woman?

and that ladies was my lame attempt at catching up.

as for B, he is doing good. almost back to his old self. he just started to get into his car seat again today by himself, so that in itself was a victory. he is still clingy and super attached to me, and with my belly growing every day, it''s starting to get in his way, as he says.

as for me, it could be better, but i''m not going to complain. was super crampy yesterday after my workout, i just think maybe i worked out too hard. i did 40 minutes of cardio then did a class so i think my body was trying to tell me to slow down. so today i just did 45 minutes of cardio and called it a day. but other than that and being tired all the time again, things are GREAT. haha. can''t believe i''m 22 weeks on monday!!! i''ve got some bely pics on the camera that i have to upload, so maybe this weekend i''ll get a pic up.

have a wonderful weekend mamas and kiddos!!

sasa

Brilliant_Rock

Hi Mamas! Been super busy but still trying to read as much as I can. Hope everyone is doing well!

puffy, most of his test result came back and the pedi isn''t liking his thyroid # and want to do the test again in few weeks. If the # is still not good then we''re off
to a hormone specialist. Little B like to snack but again, no more then 5 bites and that is it. I bet ur friend must be super worry too with their son being so skinny.
There isn''t really anything we can do about his eating, I''m just giving him a lot of different new food and hope he''ll find something he like.

Thanks lili!

THanks Burk, I have a feeling by the time little B is two he will have a nutritionist, a hormone specialist and a eating specialist.
You look great with your little bump, bump #2 looks rounder then when you were preggo with Tayva.

Thanks MrsS!

THanks QT, same with little B, he is just a little over 20 lbs.

TGal, good luck with the appt.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
bobo hopefully little B's numbers will be better in a few weeks. but if not, at least he will get the care he needs. i'll be thinking of you guys.

here's a not so great pic of the belly at 21 weeks and 4 days. didn't realize that i was THAT big. i swear i'm not really that big in the mornings. oh well, it's only going to get better.

ETA: YIKES, that was huge!! sorry.

21w4days.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Burk congrats! I just noticed on another thread you are preggo!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Burk
You look great. Just a little bump.

Puffy
You look great, too.
Here''s my belly pic from few days ago (16.5 weeks), and I definitely look bigger than you.

kiki_BP.jpg

lili

Ideal_Rock
Bobo--
Why the wait to retest for the number?
Do you have to do something in the meantime?
Sorry to hear that little B is still not eating much.
Have you try giving him edamame or tofu?
Hope he starts eating more.

Puffy--
Lady, you are so small for more than half way there.
And yes, I have made my appt for next week ^.^

QT--
Oh shooosh ...I am way bigger than all of you.
You guys are so cute w/ your tiny little bellies!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results