shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy thread with toddlers 12-36 months

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
snlee- my niece is 14 months. my poor sister is so tired. she''s a SAHM and just worn out b/c her baby never sleeps at all during the day. her hubby actually came home this afternoon just to give my sister a break and got their daughter to take a one hour nap. hopefully it''s a phase that will pass quickly for her though.

burk-i''m so sorry to hear about your doggie. my dog is going to be 9 in a couple of months and I can''t even think about the day when she''s no longer with us
7.gif
Your vacation sounds like it came at a perfect time and it''s so wonderful you all had such a great time.

puffy- that is so great that B is picking out toys for his brother
30.gif

qt-the pics of the party were awesome. it looked like you all had so much fun.

curly-my oldest loved her princess pull-ups too. i cannot believe lucy is starting to walk!

bobo-poor b...i hope you can get some answers and guidance on how to get him to eat!

sbde-Jake never used a sleep sack. he sleeps in long pj''s, either the footed kind or the two piece long sleeved.

thanks for all the positive thoughts and prayers gals. I should know something early next week and will keep you posted.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
bobo so sorry to hear that little B is still not eating.

lili haha, funny you should mention a maid, cause i''ve been talking DH into it. i mean i can totally clean our place now with my free time when B naps or when he is entertaining himself, but not when the baby comes. i''ll need a maid for this place! i''m kinda starting to agree with QT, maybe just put off the dentist until the next one!! haha.

burk i am so sorry about your dog!!! our dog is getting there, he is 11 years and sometimes i just look at him and i get teary just thinking about the day he won''t be with us. it sounds like you guys had a wonderful time on your trip! WOW, a jet ski already for T?!?! i''m sure T will be wonderful with her baby brother or sister when she realizes what is going on. i would LOVE that house, but it''s a bit out of our budget. we were planning on spending 3-4 million at MAX, but the house is listed at 4.65. but we''re going to look at other homes this weekend.

mrsS it is pretty cute that everything that B does now, involves his baby brother. i''ll ask B what''s for lunch, and he will go to my belly and ask what does baby brother want? pretty funny. how is jake doing?

Burk

Ideal_Rock
bobo~Hope B starts eating soon! T has gone through funny phases with eating, too.

mrss~Thanks. It has been hard for sure but I think the vacation was the best thing that could have happened.

puffy~Thanks. It has been really hard. I think being away for a while was the best thing for Tayva. She was absolutely in love with that dog! Yep, DH took T on the jet ski. He held on to her with one had and drove very SLOW. The lake was small with little traffic and the water was like glass so I wasn''t too worried. My little dare devil absolutely loved it. Go figure. I think Tayva will be a good big sister. She loves babies and is a very good helper. We shall see. Sorry about the house. I cannot believe house prices in your area! You would die if you heard how much we''re spending to build our house. I hope you''re able to find something you love closer to your price range!!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
burk are you guys thinking about getting another dog? funny you mention about building, we saw a lot of land that had all the plans approved for building basically a mansion, and the lot was not THAT $$$, and we asked a few contractors we knew and they all gave estimates in the higher end and in the end, it would be cheaper for us to build compared to the house i love. but building for me, is WAY too stressful. in the home''s defense, they are very good sized homes. the one i love is about 5400 sq ft, just the living area. that house also was first listed at 5.5, so maybe another drop and it will be mine! not getting my hopes up though.

sbde

Brilliant_Rock
thanks so much for your responses tgal & mrssalvo.

looks like i'll be picking up a Halo sleepsack soon. the top-down zipper sounds awesome, i can see how it would be such a help. i see that they're available at both BRU and Walmart so i'll make the trek down to one of them ASAP.

thanks again!

eta: so sorry to hear about your dog burk!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
puffy~No new dog for a while. The last thing I need right now is a puppy that doesn''t sleep through the night and pees in the house.
41.gif
I think once the kids are a little older we probably will get another. Building can be stressful, I agree!! But, it can also relieve stress because you know that everything is exactly the way you want it. 5400 Sq ft is a lot of room. Do you have a cleaning lady? Our house will be right around 3000 sq ft. and will have 6 br, 4 ba and I think that''s about as big as I need. There is just no such thing as a house listed at 5.5 million in our area. Good old midwest.
21.gif

sbde~Thanks! I also used the Halo sleepsacks.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Just realized I misspoke...our house will be closer to 4000 square feet.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
burk haha, totally understand about a new dog. it''s just super sad when kids get attached to pets then the pets are no longer there. we will definitely have cleaning people IF we get that house. well either way, we will have cleaning people when we get a new house as all the houses we are looking at are just around the same size. our home now is 3600 sq ft and i can manage that on my own, i mean most of the room is B''s anyways, so i just make him clean up all his toys. haha. T is still sleeping much better i hope?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
hi mommies,

got the oven on for homemade pizza''s and then it''s family movie night with our kids. I had a few minutes and just wanted to check in. So, Jake''s new thing now is to go underneath our dinning room table to go #2. every morning like clockwork he''ll be playing in our family room, walk over and go under the table and come back minutes later with a sticky diaper. it''s pretty funny and now when I see him under there I ask him if he''s going stinky. he looks at me and smiles. After just spending $40 on a box of diapers I''d love to get him potty trained
3.gif
He still doesn''t have very many words but the few he''s got are very clear and understandable. He just started saying bye bye and it''s pronounced correctly. He also will say mama and hand me his cups or snack traps when he''s done rather than just throwing it on the ground which is progress!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!!

sasa

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks lili, it''s really stressful coming home to a not eating toddler after
a long day of work. We''re settled in our new home. Just bought a small dining table
to complete our home.

sbde, we love our halo sleepsacks too.

Thanks Burk, sorry to hear about your dog. But glad you guys had a great time.

Thanks MrsS, I''ll do anything if he can just eat a normal meal instead of just taking
couple bites and be done with it. Sending dust ur way for you biopsy...
So funny Jake will go under the table and go #2, too cute...

Thanks puffy, how you doing?

Burk

Ideal_Rock
puffy~It''s so sad that Tayva was so in love with our dog and now she misses him...but not sad enough to get a new puppy (yet).
5.gif
Our current house is only 2200 sq ft. and I have a cleaning person!
31.gif
She''ll def. be coming with us to the next house. We mostly have her because of my allergies, but it is nice to have less cleaning to do. She comes every other week so I clean in between and she does deep cleaning. Funny that most of your house is B''s stuff....same here. Those kids just take over, don''t they! T hasn''t slept well the past couple days. DH got the flu (my SIL had it on our vacation so we''re pretty sure he got it from her) and we''re wondering if T has it because she''s just not herself.

mrss~That is so funny that Jake has found himself a pooping place!!

Bobo~Thanks. Does B like pizza? T went through a phase where the only thing she''d eat is pizza. I was making any possible form of pizza known to man.....lots of pizza casseroles.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey mommies. Sorry I have been MIA. I am too behind to comment on anything but just wanted to let you all know that something must click around 19-21 months b/c I feel like T understands and says SOOO much more now. She even said "bless you" when I sneezed last night. My favorite is she just learned what a monkey says and it is so freaking adorable when she says "who who ha ha." Because of being out of town and stress that life can bring she has reverted a bit on the binky front. I really have to fight with her all day long to leave it in her crib. I guess it is not the *worst* thing that could happen but still annoys me. My mom bought her a tricycle so we have to test that out and my brother took her out to play in the rain yesterday. She thought THAT was very cool. We have grand plans of going to the zoo, state fair and children''s museum but who knows when that will happen. Hope all my mamas and babies are doing well. Even though I have not been on often I still think about you all.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
bobo i''m doing well, thanks for asking. i hope little B starts to eat soon. is he at least taking milk?

mrsS haha, that is so funny that jake poops there!!! i am so glad that B is out of diapers, but can still be a PITA at times.

burk oh no, hope T is sick. how is the house coming along? when do you think you will be moved in?

tacori that is so cute that T is learning so much!! it is so fun watching them pick things up. B has a tricycle that he loves. he''s not great at peddling, but he loves it when i push him around in it. B also loves fairs and the zoo. i''m sure T will have a great time.

we went to a few open houses today and saw a few that we loved. so we will see. the funny thing is though is that we are in absolute no rush to buy.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Tacori~Sounds like you guys have a lot of fun plans! I''m sure T will love it all. We have been a little relaxed with our T and the binky lately because she hasn''t been feeling well so I feel ya on that. I''m sure they''ll both be just fine!
2.gif
Oh, and the monkey is one of my fav. animal noises! I also like snakes and lions because T really gets into those!
9.gif

puffy~That''s great that there are multiple houses you''ve seen that you like. Great to have options. As for our house...we moved everything back and will most likely not be in until May. I was a bit stressed at first (with new baby on the way especially) but it really isn''t a big deal because the new baby will still be a "lump" then so it''s no big deal.
16.gif
Not really sure what''s going on with T...she''s got 3 teeth coming in right now so I''m not sure if that''s what''s got her all messed up or if she actually has a touch of the flu. She hasn''t vomited or anything, but ya never know. She''s been super crabby which is NOT like her.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Puffy--
Wow, that''s great that you can get B to clean after himself.
I will be ecstatic if J does what she''s told 50% of the time.
I know that girl understands and can clean after herself because there are times when
she will pick up her trash (wrapper or pieces of her snacks) and dispose of them in the bin under the kitchen sink.
Haha, I would if I could skip the dentist.
Honestly, if I do that, I may be more toothless than my newborn.

Burk--
Haha, I was thinking that those must be tiny rooms if your new house is only 3000 sq.ft.
Can''t wait to see it when it''s all complete and decorated.
Love those pictures of T in her many swimsuits, especially the one of her back.
Man, that girl has some muscles!
Sorry to hear that T has not been sleeping well.
Hope she did not catch the flu that your DH got.

Tacori--
Sounds like you and T have such fun plans.
I think she''ll definitely enjoy the zoo...especially when she''s so into making animal sounds right now.

Burk--
Haha, the monkey is one of my fav too.
J still can''t say monkey, so she''d "oo oo ah ah" to identify it.
Her horse is funny too "nay nay nay nay" (and the neigh gets progressively louder and higher pitched)

lili

Ideal_Rock
MrsS--
LOL...that is stinking funny that Jake goes under the table to poop.
J doesn''t have a particular spot, but she does go to an isolated space in the room (any place away from us)
and does her thing. Oh an she must be off the bed too. I wished I could say she''s ready for PT, but I know she''s not.
I tried to teach her that poop is stinky and not something to touch by letting her see her poopy diaper.
Instead of backing away from it, she leaned forward and pretend to eat
20.gif

I can just picture her playing w/ it in the potty when she''s done -- so PT will be in the distant future.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
burk May will ber here in no time, and i''m sure the move will be just fine even with a baby. DH seems to be more concerned about the move if we move after we have the baby. i''m just kinda like, ''whatever happens will happen, no biggie'' and poor guy is thinking of everything that can go wrong. haha. so i just told him, that we should just get the house we love and figure it out. haha. but i don''t think that is going to happen. whatever is going on with T, i hope it passes and she is back to her happy old self soon.

lili yeah, B is great at cleaning up his toys. he puts all his toys away in the playroom and his bedroom before bed. and he is always looking for things, little pieces of paper, or anything that belongs in the trash to put in the trash. it''s pretty funny. sometimes i just leave a few pieces or paper os wrappers around for him to find and when he does, he gets so happy and runs to tell me that he''s going to put it in the garbage. haha. another week, tell me you have at least scheduled something at the dentist?

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Burk
Sorry about your dog.
Your trip looked like a blast. Tayva is adorable.
Glad your m/s is getting better. Have you tell Tayva about her baby sibling? We haven’t said anything to M b/c she doesn’t understand, and I don’t think she’ll understand until the baby is here. She’ll be 18 months then.
MrsS
Fingers crossed for your biopsy results.
Lili
Yeah I am glad M is not allergic to soymilk. I think she is only sensitive to cow’s milk though b/c she is ok with amounts in cake and yogurt.
It’s been fun watching M now since it seems like she understands a lot more. She is giving us the pouty lips when we say no to her. It’s so funny.
I didn’t take care of my teeth when I was younger too. I think I probably have some cavities that need to be taken care of, but I got pregnant before my semi-annual cleaning. So that’ll have to wait. It’s funny how it worked out though b/c I made the appointment, so that I could get my teeth cleaned and checked before we get pregnant again since my dentist wouldn’t even do the cleaning last time unless my Ob writes me a note. But then I ended out getting pregnant before the cleaning, and the new dentist who took over the office told me to come back in 3 months for check-up since pregnancy hormones are bad for the teeth and gum. But you really NEED to get on it. LOL.
Puffy
Wow your house is huge compared to ours. Your next house will be like a mansion. I don’t think I can handle such a big house. Hehe. Any news on that house? Did they drop the price again? Even though you are not in a rush to buy, it seems like you guys are ready.

B is so smart. Our nephews are barely cleaning up after themselves, and they are 4 and 5.

Tacori
So cute that T says “bless you” when you sneezed.
Sounds like you are having fun on the trip.
Bobo
It must be so tough for you with little B not wanting to eat? M is not drinking her milk and that’s already stressing me out. You are one strong mama.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Puffy--
You''ve got B trained well...or is it just his nature to be neat and tidy?
J gets happy too when she found a piece of trash to put in the trashbin; but when we tell her to throw something away, she''s not always as happy
41.gif

I agree w/ QT, your house upgrade sounds like it''s going to be mansion! You''ll definitely need a maid, especially when you''ve got 3 kids running around.
Of course, w/ MrTidy
41.gif
, he''ll probably train his little brother and sister to pick up after themselves too.....so a maid may not be necessary.

QT--
Same here. My dentist didn''t even want to do the basic cleaning when I was preggo and BF.
He told me to come back when I''m done....which is just about 2 months ago.
And of course, being that lazy bum that I am, I procrastinate and dilly dallied.
My problem is more severe than cavities....periodontis w/ massive bone loss
14.gif

And it didn''t help that I probably didn''t get enough calcium in me when I was preggo and BFing.
Ouch on the cavities....hope they don''t get any worse until you deliver.
That''s good that M is just slightly sensitive.
She probably just needs to build up the tolerance or outgrow it in a few months?
So, are you going to find out if M is having a sister or brother?

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
qt nope, no news on the house. but honestly, if we don''t even put in a bid for it, i''m ok with that cause i knew what our budget was going into the process, and i really shouldn''t complain as it is a pretty good budget. M is going to love her sibling around that age. i think it was around 12 or 13 months that B was really interested in babies, is that weird for a boy? anyways, he would pat all his elmo stuffed animals, heck any stuffed animal, he would pat them to bed, hug them, kiss them, rock them. it was pretty funny. i think it is in B''s nature to be clean. he''s pretty much been like that. weird!!! when do you have your big ultrasound?

lili haha, B has always been a clean little boy!! he doesn''t like to get too dirty or he will want to have his clothes changed. when he is eating and he gets food on his hands, he will ask for a napkin right then and there and if he doesn''t get one, not good news! so weird that my boy is clean but not complaining at all. i love that he helps out around the house. haha. but i guess we will see how long this will last. J just does what she wants when she wants, so funny. no doubt that she understands, but when told to do it, it takes the fun out of it for them, i guess. haha.

had my 20 week appt today and although i felt like i gained 30 lbs, i didn''t. i''m up a total of 5 lbs, which i am not going to complain about at all. i definitely have a bump, like a real bump, where there is no question about it, i am preggo!! but still working out 6 days a week, so i must be losing weight in other areas?

hope everyone is doing well!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
puffy-only up 5 lbs?? that''s amazing, especially since it''s your second. I was on the gain one lbs per week plan when I was preggo with Jake. not kidding, I was up 12 lbs at 12 weeks etc.

lili-ouch for all the dental stuff! I am due for a visit too. we all need to go actually, maybe I need to schedule a family trip the destist!

good news all! my dr''s office called and the biopsy was benign. they think the spot is just built up scar tissue! thanks so much for all the prayers and well wishes.

School officially starts tomorrow. I''ve got to still do some school supply shopping. We went over the weekend (it was a tax holiday here) and stores were all sold out of most of what my kids needed.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Puffy--
Wow, can''t believe how fast time has gone by.
Kudos to you for continuing to workout 6x a week.
And w/ only 5lbs gain so far, you''ll definitely be back to your old (young
41.gif
) body in no time.
How great is that that B is a neat.
I wished J is like that...she''s like a hurricane....wreaks havoc everywhere she goes...especially at the dinner table.
14.gif

Can''t wait till she can use utensils and eat properly.

MrsS--
Yay for great results of the biopsy
36.gif

Wow, summer is over already? I bet you are looking forward to having just a little of peace and quiet at home w/ Jake.
Haha, you may have been on the one lb per week plan when you were carrying Jake, but it was all in your belly.
Everywhere else, you looked so svelte and thin.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
lili
Love your new avi. J is adorable with her pigtails. I can’t wait until M has more hair. If she’s like me, then that won’t happen until she is over 2. Poor girl. LOL.

I just think I have cavities. It could be worse. I have one tooth that is on watch for root canal. I keep telling my dentist that one tooth is loose, but he says he doesn’t see any cavities. Then one time it was hurting, and they took an x-ray of it and there is a black spot by the root of the tooth. They say that it doesn’t look too bad, but to watch it. And if it hurts really bad again, then I might need a root canal. So far it hasn’t hurt. I have another appt next month; the dentist says he will try to get an x-ray then, but I have to research that and decide if I want him.

Yes, I’ll find out the gender of baby #2. I told DH that I won’t tell him, and he can be surprised at birth. He said ok as long as I don’t tell anyone else. So we’ll see.
Puffy
Well that’s good you saw other houses that you liked. You have a good budget, so you’ll be able to find one you love even if it’s not that first one you liked.

I don’t know if M will be good with her sibling. I think she might be the jealous type. Yesterday when we were playing with her, we started carrying her stuffed monkey like we would carry her. She immediately crawled over, held onto us, and push the monkey away. I know the monkey was a toy, but we kind of think she might act that way with the new baby. She is like that when MIL is carrying her 11 months old cousin too. I mean she doesn’t push him away, but she’ll try to get MIL to carry her too. And she can be pretty rough with her stuffed animals. Sometimes she’ll jump on them like she’s wrestling them.

Wow you only gained 5lbs. That’s great you are working out 6 days a week. I am working 0 days. I am so bad. I think I have a real bump too. Well a bump that can still be hidden under loose clothes, but is obvious when I wear my tank.

MrsS
Glad the biopsy was benign.
Good luck with the back to school shopping today.

sbde

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for your responses burk, puffy and bobo!!

purchased the cotton halo sleepsack over the weekend and J has been using it ever since. i love it, so lightweight and roomy - they should make them in adult sizes
3.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
lili~I absolutely LOVE your new avi. Pretty sure it''s my new all time fav!
2.gif
Thanks for the compliments on T and her swimsuits. It''s pretty crazy how muscular she is at such a young age. I seriously have so much video of T doing animal noises. They just crack me up!

puffy~Yep, May will come quickly and we have plenty of room for another one in this house, really. T is also a compulsive cleaner. She asks for washcloths and cleans the floors and sings "clean up clean up" constantly. Too funny!! I got her a broom and dust pan set and she sweeps probably daily....although she likes using the real one better.

QT~Our trip was a lot of fun. We still haven''t told Tayva. She just wouldn''t get it. She had to go to my appt with me today and I just told her the doctor was going to check my belly. She thought hearing the heartbeat was cool, even though she didn''t know what the heck was really going on.
5.gif
I just think she''s too young to really "get it" and it''s an awful long wait for a baby to appear. She LOVES babies so I know she''ll be excited.

mrss~Can you believe school is starting?!?!? How time flies. I start back tomorrow, but we don''t have students until next Wednesday.

For those of you you didn''t see it, I just started a thread about T''s sleep problems. Please pop over and read when you have time (it''s really long
16.gif
)

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
mrsS i think i''m only up 5 lbs cause i am still working out 6 days a week. it''s hard some days to get my butt to the gym, but i do it. i don''t know..it''s weird, it''s not like i''m not loving being preggo and having a preggo belly, cause i really am. i just find it that i feel so down on myself if i don''t get to the gym. so glad to hear that the biopsy was benign.

lili LOVE LOVE LOVE the AV!!! she is such a pretty little one! i hope i will lose the baby weight quick, but i''m not going to worry about that until WAY later. haha, eat properly, B uses utensils and eats..the food ends up in his mouth but doesn''t always end up going down. GROSS!!! we go through 1 pack of wipes every other few days cause he has to clean up his mess right away. and about 85% of the food that goes into his mouth comes right back out.

qt M''s still young, maybe it''s just a phase she is going through. who knows maybe in a few months, she will be loving babies. she''s got a bit to warm up to the idea of having a sibling. and by then, i''m sure she will take to it and be a wonderful older sister. my bump can''t be hidden under loose clothes. haha. i just look like i''m carrying around a belly if i wear loose clothes so i prefer to wear tanks.

burk heehe, that''s so cute that T loves to clean too. just today after his like 3 hour nap, he woke up, got out of bed, and starting cleaning up his room. crazy kid!!

just in case we don''t get a house before baby is here, we''re moving B to a bigger room and giving his room to the baby for now. i just have to be way too organized to not do this. i mean i''m pretty sure we''ll be out of here soon enough, but there''s always the what if. so we went shopping to get B some stuff for his new room and he absolutely loved it. he loved picking out borders, decorations, lamps, new bed sheets. it was pretty funny. and he even picked out a set of crib sheets for his baby brother. all in all, a good day today. now time to stuff myself with food. haha.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Burk
How cute that T thought the heartbeats were cool. M went to a couple of my appt, and saw the u/s. But she doesn''t know what''s going on at all.

puffy
Maybe it''s a phase. We''ll have to wait until the baby is here to know.
Glad B had fun picking things out for his new room and the crib sheet for baby brother.

I am debating if I should post the belly pic here or in the pregnancy thread. I feel kind of weird posting over there b/c it''s not Friday. LOL.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
burk- I cannot believe how quickly this summer has flown by. funny though, both my girls cannot wait for school to start. they just love the social aspect of it more than anything!

puffy-i worked out during my pregnancy too. I actually taught spinning classes 5 days a week when preggo with my first and still gained 40 lbs. i think I''m just one of those gals who pack on the baby weight or after my first my body just remembered how big I am preggo and decided to get there as quickly as it could
3.gif
. seriously though, it''s great that you are working out and taking care of yourself. I am convinced that because I did workout while preggo that my labor and deliveries were easier and I know my recovery''s were quicker and I was able to get back to my pre-preggo weight/size fairly quickly. that is so cute about B picking out new stuff for his room. We are getting my 5 year old new bedding and she picked the potterybarnkids new barbie set. it''s sooooo her! very pink and girly. it''s so fun to see them excited about sleeping in their "new beds."

qt-you should post a picture here too. I don''t always get to check the preggo thread and we want to see the baby bump pics!!

lili-love the new avatar. the pigtails are adorable!!!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
mrsS wow!!! you are a tough woman! spin class?!?! funny thing is that the first time around, i worked out even harder, like i pushed myself until i could barely breathe, of course i later realized i really shouldn''t have done it. and i had gained maybe 20 lbs by this time when i was preggo with B, which is why i was so surprised i gained so little. i thought that i was one of those who also just put on tons of weight with pregnancies. so weird, i have no idea what is going on this time around!! awww, that''s so sweet with her barbie sheets.

qt post a belly pic!!! i want to see! is your ultrasound coming up soon? is there a preference that you and your DH want?

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Ok... here''s the belly pic. I did a side-by-side with the belly pic from 1st pregnancy. Not as much of a difference as I thought it would be.

kiki_15wks.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results