carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy thread with toddlers 12-36 months

lili

Ideal_Rock
QT--
Wow, M is tall and skinny too.
Hang in there....the first couple of days of weaning are always difficult.
Just think, the longer you prolong the weaning, the harder it is just going to get.

Tacori--
Yay for T doing great as a flower girl and the dress being loose on you.
Can''t wait to see pictures.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
JAS12, hope you're having a great trip! Hope the weaning went well. I think going away is a good way to break it off. That's what I plan to do.

PUFFY, I love your new avi! B looks so old! What a cutie! We haven't seen pictures of him in a long time. I miss the pictures...you need to get on the other site!

MRSS, enjoy spending time with your family and the last week of summer break. I can't believe school starts so early for your girls!

QT, sorry to hear weaning isn't going well. I'm sure it's very difficult for you.
7.gif
I hope it gets easier soon. I am sad just thinking about weaning D in less than two months.
39.gif

TACORI, yay for Tessa being a wonderful flower girl and your weight loss!

Burk, hope you are having a great vacation!

Regarding baby #2, JANINE, I doubt I'll be the next one but MAYBE soon. After we get settled into our new house, we'll see about TTC #2. We're thinking about TTC when D is a little over a year old. I want my children to be close in age. I don't mind the pregnancy and labor and actually miss being pregnant. I just hope I don't have to be on bedrest again because I can't imagine what I'll do when I have a child to take care of and I hope labor is easier and much shorter with #2! But I am dreading the sleepless nights with a newborn and how much work it'll be to care for TWO. But like the first baby, I don't think you'll ever be 100% ready for #2, so might as well just go for it if you're pretty sure!

TGAL and JANINE, I think you should go for #2.
9.gif

LILI, what about you? Have you gone to the dentist yet?
3.gif

D update - he's doing well. Even though he's not crawling yet (I'm in no rush!), he's very active! He loves standing holding onto something, rolling over, lounging forwards, being on all fours, and sitting. Getting his diaper changed is a huge challenge now, as he won't lay still for a second. We can't even distract him with a toy like we used to. The last two nights have been a nightmare trying to get him to sleep! He is tired but doesn't want to lay down. I think he's too excited about his new skills. We put him on his back, he cries, and he flips over and sits up, falls over, sits up, repeat. He can do this for hours if we let him. It is so frustrating! The last two nights, after trying to get him to sleep for 1-2 hours, I held him in my arms then he finally fell sleep. Any advice?

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
mrsS hope you are enjoying your time with your family. and hopefully things settle down for you guys soon.

lili thanks. the pic is actually a few months old, but i love that pic of him way too much. how is J doing? and woman, have you made it to the dentist yet?

qt how was the party? i''m sure M had a great time. so sorry to hear that weaning is going so tough. hopefully it''ll get better. maybe she just isn''t ready to be weaned? either way, i hope it gets better and try not to be so tough on yourself.

tacori awww, how cute that T was so adorable!!!

snlee awww, D sounds like he is doing great, other than the not wanting to sleep. i bet he is getting big huh? i am on the other site, but just barely on it. and i just don''t have the patience to hunt people down..haha!! are you guys in our new home? i would say, just let him be in his crib, and he''ll fall asleep before you know it. or just wait it out cause like you said, maybe he is just experimenting with his new found skills. hope it gets better.

DH and i went to an open house this weekend, well a few, just because we actually "plan" on having at least 1 more child after this boy is born. and i just don''t know if there is room for 3 or more kids in this house. don''t get me wrong, it is a big house with tons of room, but i just don''t like to feel cramped and i like to have tons of space. we saw one that we really liked, but way out of our price range. it was a giant house, all newly remodeled. that house has been on the market for over 1 month. it isn''t that they aren''t getting offers, it''s that they are rejecting all their offers. we may make an offer and see how it goes. but we''re not really in a rush, just browsing.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Qtiekiki: sorry about the weaning stress..I can''t really relate, but i''m sure it''ll pass soon-hugs :)

Snlee: hi!!!
35.gif
I had a feeling you''d be an early TTC''er for #2!! I''m sorry to hear about D being too excited to sleep, I think it''s a phase of being too energetic just like you said. Maybe before bedtime let him get all his energy out...whatever it is that accomplishes that..maybe lots of rolling around on a mat. I let Chloe crawl all over the house (closely suprevised of course) and she gets all sweaty and after a bottle is pretty tired. Oh and diaper changes are the worst!! I hate it and probably let a few diapers go longer than they should. Sometimes I wonder if she has a sore bum or what it is that is making her hate it so much. She''s ok with things coming off, but hates the diaper comign on and by the time the pants are being put on she is mad!

C can now stand if I prop her up and lean her on something, but she doesn''t like to do it on her own (doesn''t pull herself up) or maneuver her feet. She seems to feel being on her knees gets her where she wants to be. However I do notice her stretching her hind legs straight up when she is on all fours. She uses that move to propel herself over obstacles in her path, but maybe, just maybe she is getting ready to stand? Oh and yesterday she popped her giddy giddy clip in her mouth, I don''t know why she decided that''d be a good idea! You really can''t turn away for even a second...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
hi mommies! crazy busy time of year for me. counting the days until the start of school and trying to maximize fun time with my kiddo''s.

snlee-my sister is going through the same thing with her baby. she is trying to move her nap around a bit to see if she can wear it out but her daughter just won''t sleep. she actually didn''t take a nap yesterday at all
23.gif
. My advice to her was to keep trying and make sure that she understands that mommy is in charge and not let baby manipulate you. good luck...

qt-i hope the party was fun!

puffy-i think house hunting is fun. I hope you guys can find your dream house that has all the space you want and need.

not much in Jake news...still screaming way too much. he loves playing with his big sisters though and they made a hideout under my dinner room table. it''s so cute to see them all under there.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Puffy, any news on the house?

Flying by to say that BOTTLE BOOT CAMP is on today in our house. Cold turkey baby. Hee. I gave her a sippy with the milk this morning and she pointed to the bottle warmer. I said, Amelia, your milk his here.

She took a couple of sips and refused. We gave her breakfast earlier today and gave her milk instead of water. She finished 6 oz while watching music.

For her 11:30 bottle, once again in a sippy and in front of the music channel (just audio, with still pics). She drank most of it again (about 7 oz).

So far so good. We''ll see how it goes. Because I am thinking if I don''t nip this soon, I''m going to have a 3 year old drinking out of a bottle on my hands. Not that it would be the end of the world (My friend''s kid is 3 and drinking out of bottles at night still) but I''d prefer to get over this hump sooner than later.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
yay for the bottle bootcamp tgal! I know she''ll make it through with flying colors in a few days and forget all about the bottles.

so I spent lots of time in the pool today with my kiddo''s. I finally got Jake to sit in a baby float
36.gif
so far this summer all he does is scream when I put him in making pool time with him very stressful on me. Today though I put him in and just said you''re hanging here for a while and gave him a toy car to play with. He relaxed a bit and then settled in. I was able to do laps pushing him in the float for about an hour while my big girls played "mermaids." I''m getting ready to make dinner and I think he''s going to pass out early tonight! one a side note, I went to my dermatologist last week for the dark spots on my face. she did confirm melasma and prescribed me a cream along with a facial lotion sunscreen which I''d been using already. I had her take a look a scar like while spot on my shoulder and she said she wasn''t sure what it was but wanted to do a biopsy. She said worse case it''s the best type of curable skin cancer where they just remove the spot and best case it''s nothing at all. so waiting for the results probably next week. any PS prayers you can send my way would be appreciated. I''m not in the typical high risk group being that I have dark hair and an olive completion and tan super easily. but it doesn''t making the wait less difficult. trying to stay positive and keep happy thoughts on the front of my brain.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2009 6:01:19 PM
Author: mrssalvo
yay for the bottle bootcamp tgal! I know she''ll make it through with flying colors in a few days and forget all about the bottles.

so I spent lots of time in the pool today with my kiddo''s. I finally got Jake to sit in a baby float
36.gif
so far this summer all he does is scream when I put him in making pool time with him very stressful on me. Today though I put him in and just said you''re hanging here for a while and gave him a toy car to play with. He relaxed a bit and then settled in. I was able to do laps pushing him in the float for about an hour while my big girls played ''mermaids.'' I''m getting ready to make dinner and I think he''s going to pass out early tonight! one a side note, I went to my dermatologist last week for the dark spots on my face. she did confirm melasma and prescribed me a cream along with a facial lotion sunscreen which I''d been using already. I had her take a look a scar like while spot on my shoulder and she said she wasn''t sure what it was but wanted to do a biopsy. She said worse case it''s the best type of curable skin cancer where they just remove the spot and best case it''s nothing at all. so waiting for the results probably next week. any PS prayers you can send my way would be appreciated. I''m not in the typical high risk group being that I have dark hair and an olive completion and tan super easily. but it doesn''t making the wait less difficult. trying to stay positive and keep happy thoughts on the front of my brain.
I''ll keep you in my thoughts MrsS. Biopsies are always scary, even when you know most likely you will be fine.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks tgal. I do believe that everything will be fine but you''re right, it''s still scary.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2009 6:07:59 PM
Author: mrssalvo
thanks tgal. I do believe that everything will be fine but you''re right, it''s still scary.
We''ll just have to help keep your mind occupied until everything comes back fine!

Well, as far as I am concerned, my kid is off the bottle. She put up a bit of a fight tonight though. After her bath, I gave her a sippy with milk. She shook her head and pointed to the bottle warmer. I said, I''m sorry, but this is all I have for you today. I could tell she was hungry for milk and she whimpered and looked SO sad! I pointed to the sippy again and she shook her head vehemently. I shrugged and just looked ahead and started humming a song. She crawled around the room for a few minutes and I just paid no attention to her or the cup. Then she came over to the cup and sat in front of it for a second. After what I am sure was a dirty look shot my way, she took the sippy and I couldn''t believe it...she just took it and sucked the entire 8 oz down. I hummed and looked ahead nonchalantly the whole time.
5.gif

Now it''s just power play as far as I am concerned. She is capable and will drink milk out of that sippy, so no way am I going to show her the bottle is an option anymore. If she doesn''t have as much milk, I will have to deal with it by giving her yogurt and other calcium rich foods. But I''m happy - and she was too after she finished as she give me a big giant grin. Little munchkin!
38.gif
30.gif

Oh, and she started to stand on her own and walk around today, so her balance is getting better!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2009 10:00:36 PM
Author: TravelingGal

and she was too after she finished as she give me a big giant grin. Little munchkin!
38.gif
30.gif

Oh, and she started to stand on her own and walk around today, so her balance is getting better!

okay, that is hilarious. our toddlers really are smart little things and I believe they can understand and will try to manipulate us or at least test the limits at this point. Yay for being bottle free and that she''s standing and walking...both huge milestones!!

Jake only has taken one nap the past 3 days. I try to put him down for his early nap and he just plays. today he played in his crib for an hour. I thought he was asleep until an hour later I heard him and he started crying. I got him up and we played for a while and then he went down right after lunch. took a 2 1/2 hour nap and went to bed at his normal time. He still acts tired at morning nap time, just isn''t sleeping. I''m beginning to wonder if he''s about ready to move to one nap.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
It sounds like he is - Amelia was doing the same thing. I kind of kept her on a two nap schedule for a week or two to be sure. She consistently missed one nap or the other.

11:30-2 is working really well for us. I want to move the nap back to 1pm so I can do a better lunch schedule but she conks out so fast, I am not messing with it right now.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
11:30-2 is about exactly what Jake did. I''d love to get him to a 1:00 as well. It will also be nice to be able to run errands with him in the mornings once my girls are in school rather than having to be home for morning nap. I just didn''t want to push it b/c when he''s over tired he is cranky! But, he seems to be handling the one nap just fine so I think I''m going to stick with it. Plus, the mother''s day out program he starts next month only does one nap so it would be great to have already in that routine.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
mrsS YAY for jake going in the floatie!! i hope the biopsy goes as planned and it''s nothing to worry about.

tgal nice job on the bottle weaning!! sounds like amelia is getting ready to walk everywhere. she''ll be running before you know it.

the house that we are interested in is holding another open house this weekend, and if no one puts in an offer to their liking, they will do another price drop, and if the drop is in the area that DH and i think it will be in, we are definitely putting in an offer. but we have no real plans to move until the end of the year at the earliest. we''re keeping our options open and seeing what is available.

and in B news, he is really starting to like/love his little brother more and more. we went to toys r us today and he wanted to get some toys for his little brother. DH and i just thought that was the sweetest thing in the world. he didn''t even pick stuff out for himself. he said he would rather share with little brother and that he has enough toys. but we did talk him into getting a few things. it is so sweet, he kisses and hugs my belly all day long. i could just be sitting there watching tv and he will climb on the couch and give my belly a kiss and a rub. so cute!!

lili

Ideal_Rock
puffy--
how cute...i bet you B is just an eager beaver about his little brother''s arrival.
good luck w/ the house hunting. so are you looking for a house w/ twice the closet space?
2.gif
haha.
soon...i''ll get my lazy bum to the dentist within the month.
J is doing well aside from her molars and canine coming in. I think the top molars and canines this time.
it is not as bad as when the bottom four molars came in where she was not sleeping and eating well.

TGal--
Woohoo....but bottle weaning and A standing on her own and walking!

MrsS--
Hope everything comes back ok.
You need to give us a picture of Jake and his big sis in their fortress! They sound so cute.

Janine--
Yea, J liked to put those clips in her mouth initially too.
DH had a cow when he found her sitting quietly in the corner.
He thought she was playing w/ her toys, only to find her happily chewing away at the clip (had the whole thing in her mouth).
I just let her chew at it (but watching her closely to make sure she doesn''t swallow), so she''d get the curiosity about it out of her system.

snlee--
35.gif

sounds like D is doing very well aside from the not wanting to go to sleep.
i think you may very well be the next to be KU ^.^ since I have yet to have my teeth worked on
41.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Tgal
LOL on bottle bootcamp. Sounds like Amelia is doing great sans bottles. That’s one thing we don’t have to work on since M is already refusing the bottles. Now if we can get her to drink the soy milk out of her sippy or straw cup.
Yay for getting standing and walking down. Seems like A is the type of kid who just observe and wait until she is totally ready before making a move (she seems to just master her skills right away).
MrsS
You must be busy getting ready for school. Any last minute fun plans for the girls before school starts?
Puffy
Brady is just adorable with his little brother. I don’t think M will understand that she is getting a sibling until the baby is here.
Good luck with the house.
lili
You need to get your butt to the dentist. LOL. It’s neat how the toddlers’ mommies are having the next wave of baby. Our friends who had a baby girl who is 2 months younger than M are talking about TTCing too.
snlee
Sounds like D is doing great. Hope once he gets used to his new skills, he will go back to the good sleeping habit.
I am a little sad weaning M. I think I would’ve keep going if I wasn’t pregnant again. It was just getting too much for my body. Hope weaning goes well for you.
Janine
Thanks. It’s getting better for me.
About us:
M is still not drinking much milk. She takes it with her cheerios mostly. She took sips from a cup, and then wanted to hold and play with the cup. She drunk maybe 2 oz from a sippy last night, but can’t get her to drink from it this morning. At least we are having some progress.

M had been fussy since her birthday party last Sat. I think she is teething b/c her gum looks kind of swollen, but I can’t get my fingers in her mouth to feel it. She bites down on my finger if I put it in her mouth. Or she is being a “toddler”. She is definitely having tantrums when she doesn’t get what she wants. If we tell her that she can’t have something or if we take something from her, she’ll cry. We told MIL not to give in to her. Hopefully the fussiness will pass soon.

Lately she’s been walking while holding onto my fingers with one hand. Before she would not walk unless I am holding both of her hands, so maybe she’s feeling more secure.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
TGal, yay for Amelia being off the bottle, standing on her own, and walking!

puffy, B sounds so adorable! So cute how much he love his little brother already. We''re moving this week so we''ve been really busy. That''s exciting about house hunting. I like going to open houses, especially when you''re not in any rush to buy a place. Do you currently have a 3 bedroom? Are you looking for a 4 or 5 bedrooms place? Would you rent out your current home?

janine, yay for C standing! Sounds like she''s doing well! D loves to put things in his mouth too. He loves to put labels and straps in his mouth. We always have to stop him!

MrsS, how old is your sister''s daughter again? Sometimes D doesn''t nap well, maybe an hour total, but I can''t imagine no naps! She must have an overly tired and cranky. Sending lots of good thoughts your way. I hope you get some good news soon. Keep us posted.

QT, looks like Meena had a great party. Sorry to hear she''s fussy. I hope things get better soon. That''s exciting that she is feeling more secure about walking almost unassisted.

lili

Ideal_Rock
TGal--
Wow, A drinks as much in one sitting as J does the whole day!

QT--
Will get on it soon as I''m not getting any younger.
That''s great that M is getting the confidence to take more steps.
She''ll be off on her own in no time.
And that''s great she''s at least drinking some soy milk out of the cup.
That''s a start. So she''s ok w/ soy milk then?

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
lili haha, twice the closet space??? i told DH at least 3-4 times the closet space we have now. haha. needless to say, he thinks i''m pretty crazy. teething is a pain for sure. poor little girl, but it''ll pass soon, hopefully. ok, within the month, i''ll be looking for updates from you about the dentist!!

qt awww, sorry to hear that M is fussy. but hopefully, it''ll pass soon. isn''t the toddler stage the greatest!?!?! just wait until she throws full blown tantrums in public, now that IS fun!! sounds like she is almost ready to be on her own walking. at least she is getting some of the soy milk, so that is a start. so, is she completely weaned now?

snlee good luck with the move!!! we currently have a 3 bedroom on the main level and 1 bedroom downstairs that is included in B''s playroom. i would love a 5 or even 6 bedroom. the house that i am really interested in is 6 bedrooms with tons of closet space. and yes, we would just rent our current home right now. i would be ok to sell it, but DH wants to keep it. your little guy is going to 1 soon, and i say soon cause these last few months are going to seriously fly by! hope to see you on here more often after the move!!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
puffy, sooooooooooo jealous of all your space! I'm so used to living in tight quarters but I would LOVE to have a huge house one day so I'm going to live vicariously through you for now!! Sounds like B is super excited about his new playmate in your belly--tooo cute!

TGal, yay for a successful bottle bootcamp!!! You go, girl! I'm trying to get Lucy to move to the cup now because she drinks water out of it like a champ but she doesn't dig the formula in the cup. Go figure. These kids are too darn smart for us! I can't believe Amelia naps for 2.5 hours. I don't think either of my girls has ever napped for that long but I guess I'm not surprised since you are the Sleep Goddess (I prefer that title over nazi!)
2.gif
Enjoy it while it lasts--I've heard they stop napping altogether at around 3-ish. UGH.

mrssalvo, I forgot that schools start so early in the south. Hope you're enjoying the last days of summer with the gang. Please keep us posted on your biopsy results. I'm sure it's nothing but I'll be sending positive thoughts your way.

lili, teething sucks! But listen, you need to get yourself to the dentist immediately and then start working on #2! You make cute babies and J needs a buddy!!
3.gif

snlee, I think you may be the next one also!! Sounds like D is doing great. I'm with you on the sleep issues but Lucy has been a bad sleeper since about 5 months. Hopefully she'll get over it one of these days!! I think they get so excited when they're trying to master new skills that it just screws everything else up too!

qt, how are you feeling? Loved the photos from Meena's party--she's so adorable. Can't wait to hear if you're having a boy or a girl. Do you have any vibes?

janine, sounds like Chloe is doing really well. I wish we could get all the 10 monthers together for a playdate one day!

In our house, Lily is just Lily. She is too smart for me most of the time and it's really annoying!!! But she has a great sense of humor. She's no longer interested in the potty after being REALLY interested and actually using it for a while. Not sure why she's having a setback but I'm not pushing the issue. I told her I'd buy her some panties when she decides to start using the potty again and now all I hear from her is "panteeeeeeeeeez" when I change her. Did I mention she will only wear Pull Ups now?! Diapers are for babies, dontcha know?!

And I think it's safe to say that LUCY IS WALKING!!!
6.gif
She's not an expert yet but she can take 12-15 steps at a time before she falls and gets back up again. It makes me sad that my baby is growing up so fast.
39.gif
She is just a babbling, walking, laughing, clapping ball of mushy goodness! I always say that she's my favorite baby and Lily's my favorite toddler--that's fair for now, right?!
2.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
curly
I am doing well. Funny you ask about my vibes on the gender of baby #2. In beginning, I felt like it''s a boy. But then I had a dream the other night that I had a girl, and DH didn''t want to hold her and no one came to visit us at the hospital. So now I think it might be girl. But I am not good at predicting gender.
You have genius kids. Can''t believe Lucy is walking already. Lily just sounds so cute with her phrases.

puffy
I am not looking forward to the full blown tantrums.
I guess she is completely weaned b/c she''s not getting any breastmilk and not trying to get to my boobs or anything.
And I am happy that she is at least getting some milk. Any progress is good for me.

lili
Yes M is ok with soy milk. No red rash or anything like that.
Or you can get your teeth cleaned after you get pregnant.
31.gif

snlee
The party went well. I think M enjoyed it, but she wasn''t happy (was a little fussy) toward the end of the party. I think she got enough of all those people after 5 hours. hehe.
It''ll be D''s party in no time.
Good luck with moving.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Just had to pop in real quick to say hello to my mommy friends! We ended up leaving early for vacation and came back early as well. I am exhausted so I''m not going to be able to get caught up until tomorrow. Tayva had a great time at the beach! She got pissed every time she needed to come inside.
20.gif
She also came back to her senses and is back to going to sleep without a fuss. Thank goodness. Can''t wait to read up on what everyone''s little ones are up to tomorrow...for now I''m off to bed (at 9)!!!
9.gif

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
curly an early waker on your hands!! now, what''s it like to have 2 mobile kids? i figure i would be ok for awhile since only 1 of the boys will be mobile. i see friends chasing around their kids, and seriously i''m like, oh my goodness....what in the world have i gotten myself into??!!? DH made an interesting point the other day while we were talking about homes, he basically said that i am way too spoiled with space and no amount of space will ever be enough for me, until i live in a 1 bedroom apartment for 1 month then i''ll appreciate all the space that i have now. i guess he has a point.

qt good job with the weaning!! you did it quick. and yes, any progress with the soy milk is good. i''m coming to appreciate same sex siblings more and more, so i''m going for a girl for you. do you guys plan on having more kids? M seems to be relatively calm, so maybe she won''t get into the full blown tantrums completely. but who knows. but when it does happen, it is so much fun!!!

burk glad that the vacay went well and that she is back to herself in the sleep department!! how are you feeling?

sasa

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Mommies! Just want to pop in to say hi, been busy at work and dealing with a toddler that won''t eat. We have a pedi appt. next week and he might get refer to a eating specialist. Hope all you ladies and the kiddos are doing well!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Puffy--
Wow, a 5-6 bedrooms place and w/ at least 3 kids. You are going to need a maid :D
And remember to get a house w/ lots of closet spaces for your kiddies too (especially the third one
2.gif
)
Haha, ok check back w/ me at the end of the month to see where if I got off my lazy butt.

Curly--
Wow, lil Lucy is walking and babbling already? My oh my, she''ll be running and singing "happy birthday to me" by the time her first bday rolls around.
Haha, Lily is already choosie about what she wears already? Of course, diapers are so last season for her
9.gif

Hehe, J has enough buddies at daycare :)

lili

Ideal_Rock
QT--
That's great that M is good w/ the soymilk.
And yay for having M weaned.
Hehe, J still grab at my breast sometimes, though she didn't want to nurse.
But she'll smile and then said "milk", to which I respond "no more milk" and she'll point to her bottle and said "milk"
41.gif

Toddler stage can be tiring but it is so much fun. YOu'll find yourself laughing most time of the day at the things that M will be doing.
Ha, I think I need more than a simple teeth cleaning. Didn't take care of my teeth (because I didn't know better when I was younger), so am having tons of issues w/ my teeth and gums
14.gif

Snlee--
Good luck w/ the move.
D's bday is coming up. What are your plans?

Bobo--
Sorry to hear that little B is not eating.
Hope the pedi appt gives you some good advices.
So are you settled in your new place?

Burk--
Welcome back.
Sounds like you guys had a blast.
Can't wait to see pictures of your trip and T in her cute swimsuits.

sbde

Brilliant_Rock
Hi ladies - just poking in here for a quick question re: sleepsacks.

Do your babies still use them? J is 6 mos old and I have 2 sleepsacks he''s used since birth. Both from Carters, and both in the 9 month size. He''s pretty much outgrown them (yes, he''s a tall little guy) but I''d like to continue to use sleepsacks because otherwise he kicks off any blanket I put on him.

Carters sleepsacks only go upto the 9 month size. What other brands to you recommend? I definitely prefer a light weight sleepsack as opposed to the heavy fleece-type ones.

Thanks in advance!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/6/2009 3:35:47 PM
Author: sbde
Hi ladies - just poking in here for a quick question re: sleepsacks.

Do your babies still use them? J is 6 mos old and I have 2 sleepsacks he''s used since birth. Both from Carters, and both in the 9 month size. He''s pretty much outgrown them (yes, he''s a tall little guy) but I''d like to continue to use sleepsacks because otherwise he kicks off any blanket I put on him.

Carters sleepsacks only go upto the 9 month size. What other brands to you recommend? I definitely prefer a light weight sleepsack as opposed to the heavy fleece-type ones.

Thanks in advance!!
More later, but wanted to respond.

I LOVE Halo sleepsacks. They were great when she was little because they zip from top to bottom (great for middle of the night changes). She is 16 months and is in the large size (but she''s huge). I dress her in a onesie for the season and then use the sleepsack. They have "fleece" and the lighter cotton.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Okay, so we ended up deciding to leave last Thursday night for vacation so we could drive at night while T slept. As we were packing, our dog (who was 14) began to suffocate. He had a disease that made it hard for him to catch his breath and breathe in general but this time he was literally dying in our back yard. DH had to take him to the emergency vet and have him put down. It was absolutely heart breaking. I'd never seen DH cry before but he was pretty teary when he got back. Tayva knew something was up and was pretty upset and kept asking for her puppy. So so sad. We were following my BIL and SIL up to Minnesota for the vacation so we decided to leave anyway. It was all a bit rushed and quite stressful but I think it ended up being good to get away and relax and not have to think about our poor dog. Like I said last night, Tayva had a great time. She went jet skiing for the first time as well as on a couple boat rides. She LOVED it. She kept saying "again peeese" Overall, it was a great 6 days.

Okay, enough about us...My attempt to catch up...

mrss~Tayva went through the screaming thing too. So annoying. Hopefully he'll start getting some more words in his vocabulary ASAP!
3.gif

jas12~Hope you had a great trip!!

back in a few...

puffy~So cute that B is all about his little brother now! Kids aren't allowed in the ultrasound with us...although I'm not sure I'd try and bring Miss Energy in with us anyway. She'd probably break something!!
40.gif

Tgal~I'll add to the enabling and say DO IT!!!! Miss Amelia needs a brother or sister.
12.gif

Tacori~Tessa sounds like an absolute doll in her roll as flower girl! I bet she absolutely captured the hearts of all the guests! I can't wait to see pics!!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
puffy~Did I miss it or was there news on the house you liked? Our new house (when it''s finally complete) will be 6 bedrooms which I think it perfect.

snlee~Thanks! We had a great time. I can''t believe how big D is getting. Sorry about his sleep problems. I agree he''s probably just trying to practice. Did I miss it...did you say, does he cry when you put him in his crib? I would probably just let him practice in his crib and if he fusses a bit let him.

Tgal~Yay for no more bottle!! I love the boot camp.

mrss~Thinking of you with the biopsy. Must be scary. I''m sure it''ll all be fine, though!!

curly~Yay for Miss Lucy!!!! Tayva went from doing great with the potty to no interest (as in, attitude when I ask her about it) in a matter of days. So annoying!!

lili~Thanks! We really did have a good time. I have my pics downloaded onto my computer so I''ll try and get them up on FB in the next couple days.
9.gif

Okay. Think that''s it. While on vacation my MS seemed to really subside. Still had some rough patches but much more good than bad which was nice.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results