shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy thread with toddlers 12-36 months

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Puffy, you are lucky B sticks by you. Tessa could care less.

Jas12, Yay for Co!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
That is awesome he has taken his first steps. Even if it was a fluke YOU know and HE knows that he can walk. When he is good and ready he will do it.

TGal, the SAME thing has happened to me. I took her out of the high chair at a restaurant and turned to pick up the diaper bag and BAM! she was gone. It is scary for sure! Tessa is FAST. When I chase her she only runs faster. Her safety is my #1 priority so like you said, let them judge. Someone ALWAYS will
20.gif

Burk, glad everything is going good with Tayva!

Bobo, seriously. Bribes are great! Haha. I am even getting her to say "thank you" as she is a pro at "please" now. She was tired for sure. Poor thing just couldn''t fall asleep. Little B is SOOO adorable with his Elmo leash.

Tessa is really becoming more aware of her surroundings. Tessa was getting aired out this morning (DH likes to have her run around without a diaper which I find dangerous). She said "oh no!" and came and got me. Grabbed my hand and shouted "come! Come! look! Look!" So she dragged me into my bathroom and she pointed where she peed. She seemed really upset about it. I told DH to put her diaper on and he said but she just went so we are safe. Cleaned up the pee. No biggie. 10 mins later the SAME thing happened where she came and got me but this time she had pooped! So I made DH clean it up and he made a big show about putting it in the toilet, having her flush and having her say goodbye to her poop. Anyways, I got her up from her nap and as soon as she saw me she started grabbing her diaper and saying "ick! Ick!" She pooped again. MIL even taught her how to pinch her nose. Haha. I still think she is a LONG way away from PTing but seems like she is making *some* progress.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Question for the moms of toddlers - do you think toddler days are easier, harder, or just different from infant days?

Burk

Ideal_Rock
My attempt to catch up.....

re carseats: We started using a convertible carseat (we have Evenflo triumph advance and really like it) at around 7 months. T was WAY happier out of the infant carrier. I feel horrible to report that we moved it forward facing at 13 months (she was past 20 lbs and of course over a year but I still replayed the video Tgal posted over and over in my head). She was such a PITA rear facing and is so much happier forward facing. That, and it''s so much easier for me to give her a toy or a binky at a stop light if need be.

mrss~My MS has become more hit and miss, not as much all the time so it''s been nice to have some relief here and there. Thanks for asking.

lili~I know, my posting has been minimal (bad PS friend), we''ve just been so busy. I try to read on my phone though!
2.gif
My T rarely says yes. She either says no (her favorite
20.gif
) or repeats what she wants. So if I ask her if she wants peaches instead of saying "yes" she says "peaches please." Kind of cute, but makes me wonder sometimes!
16.gif

Tgal~Too funny you posted about sweating because T is a MAJOR sweater. She sweats in her armpits (already) and her head sweats a ton. We were at a baseball game last week and it was so humid and hot out that her hair was almost completely soaked in sweat!
7.gif
We just do 2 piece PJ''s at night with short sleeve shirt and either shorts or light weight pants and she''s usually pretty comfortable. It''s been so nice getting into the one nap routine. They do one nap at daycare so I''m relieved she finally settled into it.

QT~We are busy busy but it''s good. I think it''s good that M wants to eat what you eat. So much easier when they''re on table foods!

puffy~Yep, we''re always on the move. It''s actually been really good to have a lot going on because then I can''t focus on how crappy I feel at times!
9.gif
Did you pop around this time with B too? I keep wondering if I''ll show earlier with this pregnancy that with T because I hear from all my friends that the second pregnancy you get bigger and show earlier. Great! I didn''t really show until after 20 weeks with T so we shall see.

Diva~Sorry your leg isn''t getting better as quickly as you''d like. Yay for J''s one year!!

Tacori~Welcome home lady!! Has Tessa had any trouble getting back into "at home routine?" Tayva is such a creature of habit so I know it''ll take her at least a couple days when we get back from vacation to get out of vacation mode. I''d take a valentine''s baby, but I''d prefer something even earlier!
3.gif
Sounds like Tessa is on her way to wanting to PT! That''s awesome. She''s making progress and my T is regressing....you''re on a MUCH better track!!

Bobo~Yep, T is a tall one. DH and I are both tall so we''re assuming she''ll stay that way. I feel okay most of the time. Thanks so much for asking. MS sucks but at least it''s not constant any more. Is little B eating any better?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 10:15:08 PM
Author: TanDogMom
Question for the moms of toddlers - do you think toddler days are easier, harder, or just different from infant days?

Harder AND easier! Haha. For me it is easier b/c I am no longer adjusting to being a mom. She is sleeping through the night and has a solid nap each day. She is fairly independent like climbs and goes down steps by herself (holding my hand of course!), walks to the car, feeds herself, etc...Also she is SO funny! I know DH REALLY loves this age. She jokes around, dances, wrestles...she is highly entertaining. It is also easier that she understands a lot of instructions (and sometimes even follows them!) so I can ask her to get her cup or something and she will.

It is more difficult b/c I have to ENTERTAIN her more. She gets bored a lot easier than when she was a baby. She is also bossy and cries when she doesn''t get what she wants (to go outside, have a cookie, etc...) Also it is almost impossible to take her anywhere b/c she hates her stroller (since she can walk) and climbs out of highchairs (that don''t have the shoulder straps) and gets really whiney and impatient. Also since she understands more and can better relate her frustrations it is tough that she is no longer pleased with anything. She wants what she wants when she wants it. I long for the days I just stuck her infant carrier in the shopping cart or how she would always sleep when we went out to eat.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Burk, T''s sleeping has been off but in a good way. She has been sleeping really late and taking a long nap. I think she was burnt out from not sleeping well while we were away. Her attitude has improved though! Are you getting excited for your trip? When are you leaving again?

Burk

Ideal_Rock

Probably if I had to vote it''s harder. BUT, it''s so rewarding and fun in so many ways. Infants are easy in the sense that they can''t go anywhere- you can lay then down and go do a load of laundry and not worry. My T entertains herself pretty easily (which I know I''m very lucky for) but I still don''t feel like I can take my eyes off her because she''s so mischievous and curious and I never know what she''ll do. She''s also very independent and wants things HER way so it can get a bit difficult when I need to stay in the house and get some things done and she wants to be outside now! The benefits are that she can communicate with me now, she has so much personality and is on a much more predictable schedule. It''s all great....so I change my vote to just different!
21.gif

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 10:25:03 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring

Harder AND easier! Haha. For me it is easier b/c I am no longer adjusting to being a mom. She is sleeping through the night and has a solid nap each day. She is fairly independent like climbs and goes down steps by herself (holding my hand of course!), walks to the car, feeds herself, etc...Also she is SO funny! I know DH REALLY loves this age. She jokes around, dances, wrestles...she is highly entertaining. It is also easier that she understands a lot of instructions (and sometimes even follows them!) so I can ask her to get her cup or something and she will.

It is more difficult b/c I have to ENTERTAIN her more. She gets bored a lot easier than when she was a baby. She is also bossy and cries when she doesn''t get what she wants (to go outside, have a cookie, etc...) Also it is almost impossible to take her anywhere b/c she hates her stroller (since she can walk) and climbs out of highchairs (that don''t have the shoulder straps) and gets really whiney and impatient. Also since she understands more and can better relate her frustrations it is tough that she is no longer pleased with anything. She wants what she wants when she wants it. I long for the days I just stuck her infant carrier in the shopping cart or how she would always sleep when we went out to eat.
(delurking)- ditttto with my niece (who is 4 1/2) same thing here..she is soooo bored at home and goes wild bc of it...sis even hired a babysitter today to deal with her (take to park, swimming etc) for the summer before she starts school bc she is going nuts at home and sis has to work!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 10:29:36 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Burk, T''s sleeping has been off but in a good way. She has been sleeping really late and taking a long nap. I think she was burnt out from not sleeping well while we were away. Her attitude has improved though! Are you getting excited for your trip? When are you leaving again?
We don''t leave for another 2 weeks. It''s the last Friday in July (can''t remember the exact date) and we''ll be gone for 8 days I think. I''m very excited to get away and just relax. I guess the condo we''re renting is pretty nice and right on the beach so I''m looking forward to that. I think T''s going to LOVE it. She''s such an outside girl and she loves water. I have a feeling she''ll be similar to Tessa and NOT sleep in the car and have to "make up" for it when we return. Are you able to enjoy the extra time to yourself?
11.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Infancy was easier in many, many ways.

I had a kid on a routine and she was sleeping 12 hours straight by 3 months (7-7). Once you get that down, the rest is easy street. Yeah, she doesn''t eat well, but all things considered, the majority of her first year, she was very manageable because I am pretty set on routine and she knew what to expect. I always said I''d enjoy the period of 3 to 9 months the best, and I really did. I love the stage when they can sit up but can''t go anywhere. Surround them with toys and they are happy.

As the others said, this toddler stage is lots of fun. Amelia doesn''t walk yet, but she''s all over the place at the park, including climbing the stairs to get to the slides. So fun to watch. She''s interactive and it''s cool to see the "sponge" thing happening.

But as I was a stickler for routine, I am also a stickler about consistency, and that means all things discipline. And that is EXHAUSTING. It''s so much easier to give in. But once I say no, it is NO and I have not been beaten by my child yet, nor do I intend to be. No amount of crying or whinging changes that. Fortunately, I pick my battles!

By the time bedtime rolls around, I am SO GLAD I have her going to bed early (6:30, and wine is busted out by 6:45
3.gif
) . I might go cuckoo if she had 9 pm bedtimes like some of my friend''s kids.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
jas12 i''m sure that since Co knows he can walk, he''ll definitely try to do it. i did maternity pics the first time around, but i''m definitely more excited about it this time around cause B will be in them too.

bobo poor you!! it must be so hard to see little B not eating. i have no good advice for you as B was a great eater then he got really picky. so on days where it seems like he isn''t wanting to eat, i just let him be but i don''t give him snacks and eventually he will tell me that he is hungry and what he wants to eat.

tacori T sounds so darn cute with the pee and poop incidents. isn''t it crazy how they pick things up so quick now?

tandogmom i would say that toddler days are harder just because you have to be really careful about everything...seriously, you can''t turn around for 2 seconds! but so much more fun when you watch the little ones learn to do something, or just giggle and laugh because they feel like it, or copy every little thing that you do. it is amazing, but a lot of hard work. some days, i wish i had an infant again, but then B will come to me and say all sorts of funny things and give me the biggest hug and i''ll just laugh.

burk i''m glad your MS isn''t continuous!! i actually really didn''t start to show until past 20 weeks with B, so now that i have popped for sure, it''s a lot earlier, but i''m not worried. went to the doc appt today and i''m up 2 lbs total so i''m happy about that, but it really feels like i have gained about 10. haha. have you tried the potty with T again?

the latest B news....he''s got his alphabets, well half of them, down. he can sing his ABC''s up until ''M'' then it''s becomes a bunch of craziness. and he can identify the letters, FINALLY! it''s pretty funny, i give him a box of of treats and ask him to identify the letters, and he''ll do it, then he''ll go into his ABCs, so funny. and he''s been practicing his counting lately. i can''t believe my little boy is really growing up. oh and he is totally loving the baby now too. he kisses the baby and rubs my belly and talks to his baby all the time. it''s pretty funny and cute.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Tandog--I think the toddler days are a bit more difficult. Looking back, infants are much easier to manage, but the sleep deprivation is what makes that stage challenging. Now, i am getting more sleep but darn will need it b/c like others have mentioned you need to entertain 24/7 and exercise constant vigilance as you try to let you kid explore the world but not get killed in the process. By the end of the day, even though it is very fun, I am so, SO spent!
I go out to eat at least once a week and the weeks have gotten progressively harder to manage and certainly messier! Where as i used to give the kid a spoon to play with for an hour, now i need an arsenal of books and toys and put on a show in order to keep Co in his seat for an hour.
Like Tgal, i am focusing on discipline now and that takes a lot more focus than i thought. The key is unwavering consistency and I’ve caught myself giving mixed messages. DH and I had a good "lets get totally on the same page" discussion the other day and we are on a mission now--the baby days of just hanging out with our kid are gone
41.gif

Puffy--his poor attempts at walking scares me! It''s so wobbly and terrible i really think he needs to stand for long periods first--but what do i know? He''ll do his own thing right?!

3.gif
Pretty please post your maternity shots when you get them. Did you post any from your first pregnancy? I can''t recall? Yay, for the alphabet.So cute. Co is all about letters right now too! Can''t sing them, but luvs them!!!

Burk--your upcoming trip sounds great. Tayva will *love* being by the beach i am sure.
Are you going to get maternity photos taken with the fam?
You are so tall and lean i bet you won''t show for awhile, despite being the second pregnancy. Don''t know if you mentioned it, but have you told many ppl yet?

Tacori--T recovered from the trip yet? So great that she sleeps in a bit longer now. I am hoping that will happen with Co too.

Anyone''s toddler really fixated or loving something specific right now??
Co is totally, utterly obsessed with letters right now (replacing a deep, but fleeting love for spiders/ants last month). He treats letters like little characters or something. He brings wooden letters to bed with him and babbles to them. He carries them all over the house and i once spotted him kissing one. Is that weird or what? He points to letters everywhere we go and focuses on the bold-print letters in a book and ignores the pictures. He has definite favorites, like "S" and "O" and gets giddy when he finds a fave on my T-shirt or something. REALLY weird how he''s chosen that interest. He knows his numbers too but can''t say them all. I thought that would be much easier than remembering 26 letters, but he doesn''t seem to *like* them as much (i.e. cuddle with them in bed
9.gif
). So funny-wish i could be in his head for a day!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

for me, 12 months until age 2 is the hardest time. toddlers are just into everything and have to be hawk watched whenever they are awake. the day is exhausting just keeping up with Jake and I''ve got gates and other safety features in my house. They have no idea what can or cannot hurt them and are just busybodies.

Burk, I''m so glad your MS is subsiding. yay for your upcoming vacation at the beach. T is going to LOVE it.

puffy-so cute that B is doing his alphabet. I just love it when they start leaning and saying new words.

jas12-yay for co taking a few steps!! it''s sooooo much fun once they start walking. that is hilarious that he is loving his letters. Jake doesn''t really have anything he''s super into. He does like to point and look at lights and ceiling fans. He wants the fan turned on if it''s off. He also loves playing with cars and even makes car noises and he rolls them around...it''s pretty funny. other than that he''s just a wild man, climbing, opening, exploring in and on everything.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
MrsS. ...so cute that jake makes car sounds --i can just picture it!
1.gif

So it gets at bit easier after age 2 ? I am wondering b/c the thought of having another kid right now makes me kinda.....
32.gif
. I think Tgal once posted the theory that 1 kid is fun, 2 is work. Well, ya, i totally think 1 is equally both and bow at the feet of moms with multiples or many young children (like yourself of course). I totally doubt my parenting abilities with 2 kids
3.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Burk, we will be gone at the same time too! This time we are going by plane but there is a layover
14.gif
Guess we can''t complain b/c the tickets were free using CC points. Still...it will be rough. I have been catching up on my DVR shows while she is asleep. Lazy, lazy. How is the house coming along?

Puffy, she does seem to be picking up things faster. Still she is no brainiac like some of your kids! That is awesome how much he knows!

Jas12, its kinda strange b/c she was ALWAYS easy to put to bed (since she was 6 months anyways) and on vacation she screamed and cried and is still when I put her down for naps or bed. Hopefully it is just a phase. She has been getting up at 9:30 which is very nice. Not sure T is obsessed with things. She LOVES her baby doll stroller and pretend play. Also LOVES to color, cars and balls but not sure she is obsessed with anything. Not sure if that means anything.

MrsS, does that mean things will get easier for me really soon?!? I hope so!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really do think things start to get easier after age 2. strong willed kids will still be strong willed kids and you will still have them testing you. but, just having longer attention spans and actual moments of more frequent down times help. Plus, they become more able to do things by themselves which lightens the load. they get a lot better at self entertaining and play. I will say having a second baby when my oldest was almost 2 paid off in that they became instant playmates. it is more work in some ways but less in others.

lili

Ideal_Rock
QT--
It is cute when she said no...she said it w/ a lilt and turn her whole head and body with it.
Hehe, maybe M is just tired of porridge. I know J gets tired of our table food and actually get excited over her stage2 veggies.
So we change up her meals every once in a while.
How''s the bday planning going? Are you going to make cuppies? Maybe just make enough for the kiddies.

Puffy--
Wow, go B! At this rate, he''ll be done with the alphabets by the end of the month!
How''s that boy growing? It seems like ages since we saw his last picture.
That''s great that he''s loving his little sibling again.

Tacori--
Haha, that sound like something my hubby would do too!
DVD players and kids are like adults and cell phones.
The other day when we were out to lunch, we saw a family w/ 2 kids (both under 3) and each of them have their own DVD player!
We haven''t gotten one for J yet, but I think we may have to get one soon otherwise we may need to take shift eating when we are out.

QT--
29.gif
I like to see what those guys would do when they have kids of their own.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Tgal
The sheet under M''s head is soaking every time she sleeps. We don''t overdress or anything. And she still sweats in the Britax; You can see the sweats on her skull, though the carseat doesn''t feel soaked.

puffy
Can''t believe you are 16 weeks already. It makes sense that B wants a baby brother to play with. I am actually guessing another boy for you.
Yay for B knowing his alphabet. How cute that he talks and kisses your belly.

janine
Which giddy clip did you get?

Diva
Hope the physical therapy will help with your leg. Is there anything you can do with the blood clot?

Jas12
Yay for Co taking 4 steps.
Do funny that Co kisses and cuddles with his letters.

Burk
T is so tall and lean, takes after Mommy.
Glad your m/s is getting slightly better. My OB already warns me that I will show early. Oh and this one lady at work asked me the other day if I was pregnant; she said that my stomach looks different. So now I feel like I have a big bump again. LOL.

Tacori
Cute pee pee and poopy story. T is definitely getting closer to being ready for PT.
Hope T gets back to her sleep schedule soon.

lili
Don''t know if I am still making the cuppies. I''ve been super lazy lately. Maybe I''ll take your advice and do it for the kids only.

M had been standing for a couple seconds unassisted the last couple of days. Then she realized that she isn''t holding onto anything and sit herself down. She''s having a low grade fever, which I think it''s b/c of teething. I didn''t feel or see any teeth yet though. She is also refusing to drink her bottle for the past three days. I don''t know if it''s b/c of teething or if she doesn''t like the whole milk (I am now putting half whole milk and half BM in the bottle). She continues to nurse just fine.

On pregnancy front, I went to the NT scan today. Can you believe that we waited for over 2 hours. The perinatologist in CA is not ready for the mandated 1st trimester screening which includes the NT scan. The dr. kept saying that we have a good/good looking baby, but didn''t say the NT thickness is normal. The measurement they got was 1.5. The tech was telling the dr. that it looks like the placenta is detached b/c there''s fluid accumulated around the placenta and the placenta is low. The dr. said it''s normal to have a low placenta early in the pregnancy and not to worry about the fluid b/c I am not cramping or bleeding. But it still sounds scary.
On the upside, he took out the 4D ultrasound probe and gave us a 4D pic.

Here''s the pic of the u/s.

4D_us.jpg

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
qtiekiki: that''s great about the NT scan, and that is such an amazing picture! i never had anything but 2D ultrasounds and I can see I missed out!

oh and I got the pink on light pink flower giddy clip...it''s so cute, and figured if it works out I''ll get more adventurous with the next one(s). But at $10 (with shipping), can''t go too nuts!

And since you ladies are so great with shopping tips, anyone find anything for crawlers on hardwood floors (to help protect their little knees?). C''s got little marks on both knees b/c she''s aggressively crawling everywhere and it''s all hardwood floors (I have mats, but of course, she''d rather explore other areas!).

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
jas12 so cute about Co being obsessed with letters. B still goes through phases of being obsessed with things. he used to bring his cars and airplanes to bed, then it became all his toy balls, then crayons. but right now he is ALL about building blocks, which he is a professional at stacking now and gets so upset when they fall. nope, didn''t post maternity pics the first time around. Co will do things at his own pace and when he is ready to and it sounds like he is ready to start walking.

mrsS haha, that is so cute that jake makes car sounds as he is rolling his cars. the alphabets are coming along pretty well, i think he''s got a few more letters down. i was starting to think that is is mostly memorization, but then when he was actually identifying the letters and then singing the alphabet, i started to think that maybe he actually knows what he is talking about. haha.

tacori T sleeps until 930? LUCKY!!! but i guess i have no complaints since B sleeps until 830 or 9. how has the gym been going?

lili haha, the funny thing is that i''ve been trying to do the ABCs with B for a long time, but he just didn''t care. then one day, he just started singing ABC over and over again. so i did it again, and he picked it up pretty quickly. he''s growing alright!!! haha. he was weighing in at 26.5 lbs at 18 months and 35 inches. those portable DVD players are the best things ever!! but i don''t let B get too used to it when we go out. so it''s for emergencies when nothing else will do and he will scream and scream for his DVD player. sometimes he wants it in the car too which is really weird since we have a DVD player in the car. crazy kid!! how is J doing?

qt M sounds like she is doing great!! if i remember correctly, the 1.5 is totally normal. if the doc isn''t concerned about the placenta, try not to stress yourself out about it, i''m sure it''ll be fine. when we went for our NT scan, the tech ended up knowing DH from the restaurant and gave us about a million 4D pics that all looked the same!! haha. but we did get plenty of the arms and legs which were pretty cool. and just about every body part. it''ll be cute later on for M too when she gives your belly kisses and rubs it. it''s so darn cute!!

janine i''m thinking that tgal might chime in about the knees. i forgot what she used for amelia but i think she was having the same issue.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
JAS, yay for Co! How exciting!

QT, love the U/S picture! 1.5 sounds normal...if I remember correctly anything under 2mm is good. I hope everything is okay. Keep us posted. Try not to worry. Since the doctor isn''t concerned, I''m sure it''s okay.

PUFFY, I can''t believe you''re into the 2nd trimester! Your pregnancy is flying by!

Hi to all the other mommies! I miss you ladies! My PS time has been very limited. I''ve been so busy with the house, baby, and work. It''s been crazy! I will be so realieved when we are finally moved into our new house, which will be in less than a month!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lots to write, but will try this for this weekend.

If anyone has a minute, can you suggest any good crayons? Amelia had to do some doodling in therapy and she seems to enjoy it. QT posted crayon rocks on the gear thread, and I like the sound of them, but they seem like they might be too young for Amelia. What are you all using for the tots?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
qt- that ultrasound picture is so cool. I never got to do a 3 or 4D with any of my kids.

tgal-Jake would totally eat those crayon rocks but my 7 year old would LOVE them. he actually will color for a second with a regular crayon but will proceed to put it in is mouth. crayons are non-toxic now so I don't totally freak out but I do have to sit with him and make sure he's not biting off the tip and swallowing it
20.gif
. I have a ton of regular crayons and washable markers b/c of my big kids and am too lazy to get anything else. I think crayola makes a toddler crayon device but haven't tried it yet.

here's the link...it's called tadoodles..they look kinda cute...

http://www.crayola.com/products/list.cfm?categories=BEGINNINGS,FIRST%20MARKS

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
qt: i read your post a bit more closely and seems like you might be a bit worried about the NT scan, but it sounds fine to me. 1.5 is well within parameters from what I remember--it just sounds like your dr./scanner wasn''t very communicative about being reassuring (which we all need). If you''re having bloodwork as well, that should make you feel more 100%.

tgal: sorry, no suggestions on crayons yet, but that''s great that Amelia is enjoying it! She is growing so fast!

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Tacori----that is your BEST avi--
30.gif
30.gif

Tgal-i just get the big, thick crayola crayons. They don''t break.

MrsS. That''s good to know (makes me feel better--ha). If we TTC next month as planned i''ll hold onto the hope that they''ll be friends and entertain one another
1.gif

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Hey ladies. Miller hates HATES HATES having his teeth brushed. Any tips?

P.S., I think toddler years are a gazillion times easier.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 10:21:11 AM
Author: LitigatorChick
Hey ladies. Miller hates HATES HATES having his teeth brushed. Any tips?

have you tried letting him pick out his own toothbrush and toothpaste? my girls love to go to target and get new toothbrushes and they make all sorts of themed ones, even Hannah Montana...so maybe they will have one that is his favorite character? finding a toothpaste that he likes the taste of might help too. they usually can''t wait to get home and start brushing with the new items. otherwise, it may be something that he''s going to have to understand must be done, there is no getting out of it and you will sit with him in the bathroom until it''s done. if it takes him 10 minutes and he loses a bedtime book being read or a shortened playtime than maybe the next time he''ll get to brushing faster.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
QT, great u/s. I am go excited for you guys! Plus yay for M standing on her own!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I still remember my excitement when I realized T was standing on her own. She''ll be walking before you know it!

Lili, we have a portable dvd player too but I would hate for T to expect it every time we go out. She needs to learn to wait. But for road trips I am ALL about them!

Janine, we have hardwoods on our first floor but T never really had marks. Maybe put pants on her while you are home.

Puffy, she slept until 10 today! But of course she didn''t go to bed until 9:30 so there is the trade off. I went to Zumba on tuesday and wednesday. Had to take yesterday off since we had b-day party. I am planning on going to (my first) sculpt class today. Plus I heard it is suppose to cool down a bit so hopefully T and I can start walking again. I gained 3 lbs on my trips
15.gif
but it was worth it (mmmm...ice cream, s''mores, cake...mmmmm)

snlee, we miss you!
35.gif

Tgal, we have those starter crayons that MrsS posted and they are HARD for her to use. I would not suggest them. She loves their triangle ones. The are fatter so easier for little hands to hold. VERY washable and they don''t roll away.

Jas12, thanks! It is actually part of a three pic series. Too bad I don''t know how to do those slide show AVs.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooo tacori-good to know about those crayons...bummer they don''t work because they look so cute...we don''t have any of the fat or triangle crayons but I might pick some up for Jake when i''m doing all my back to school shopping.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 11:24:53 AM
Author: mrssalvo
ooo tacori-good to know about those crayons...bummer they don''t work because they look so cute...we don''t have any of the fat or triangle crayons but I might pick some up for Jake when i''m doing all my back to school shopping.

They are cute but the plastic holders are really hard for T to grip. Maybe she just has small hands. I think the regular triangle ones are awesome so I just stick with those.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Co has those Tadoodle markers as well and nope, not good. They are messy and you have to position them ''just so'' to draw properly. Don''t waste your $$

Oh, Co has the magnadoodle and the aquadoodle at grandmas and he loves both (and not messy at all
1.gif

--The Aquadoodle is tres cool

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results