carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy thread with toddlers 12-36 months

lili

Ideal_Rock
MrsS--
Haha, I''m a sucker too,
but DH thinks that it''s more because I''m such a pushover -- said that J got me wrapped around her fingers.
Awwwww....I love those wet slobbering kisses. Too bad J is only generous w/ those on her dolls and toys.

Burk--
Wow, T got Cinderella feet!
Sorry to hear that she''s on a potty strike.
She''s young still and you''ve still got the whole summer.

That''s great that you are not as sick w/ this pregnancy as you were w/ Tayva.
Just a few more weeks and you''ll be ms free.
So, when are you going to let MissT know that she''ll get a little sibling to play w?

Puffy--
Hehe, like Burk, I fluctuate 2-3 pounds a day depending how much I''ve eaten or whether or not I''m digestively happy (TMI) that morning.
Glad to hear that the baby gifts is working B.

TGal--
Glad to hear that A is doing better.
Love that pair of Nordy shoes.
So, is A able to fit in those chic outfits that your mom got from your aunt''s store?

lili

Ideal_Rock
QT--
That''s great!!
Like snlee said, if #2 comes early, you''ll have 2 before your 30th bday like you wanted.
How are you feeling so far?
Still having backaches?
How''s the bday for M coming along?
Can''t believe she''s going to be one so soon.

Burk--
Hehe, too funny T announces that she needs a diaper change.
J doesn''t announce, but she''ll go and grab her diaper and diaper change cloth and lay them out.
Then she''ll lay down to be changed....except she lay down on the stomach.
When I come to correct her, she ran away
20.gif

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Hi mommies--i''ve read a bit, but haven''t been on PS much lately
Summer is so short around here i just can''t bare to be on the computer more than is necessary

Co is great. He''s taken a few wobbly steps b/w furniture items, but still isn''t really close to walking IMO. Like Tgal, summer outdoor play is a PITA with a crawler. Co;s knees look awful. I''ve tried to cover them (Tgal, i got those big knee bandaids made for kids with characters on them--they stay put as long as he doesn''t pull them off)
We spent the day at the lake and he was totally loving the *cold* water, rocks, sand etc. He was crawling head first into the waves without a care in the world. Took the wind out of him a few times but i think it scared me much more than him. SO happy i have a water baby. I would live in the water if i could. The two of us had a ball.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/21/2009 9:01:57 PM
Author: Jas12
Hi mommies--i've read a bit, but haven't been on PS much lately
Summer is so short around here i just can't bare to be on the computer more than is necessary

Co is great. He's taken a few wobbly steps b/w furniture items, but still isn't really close to walking IMO. Like Tgal, summer outdoor play is a PITA with a crawler. Co;s knees look awful. I've tried to cover them (Tgal, i got those big knee bandaids made for kids with characters on them--they stay put as long as he doesn't pull them off)
We spent the day at the lake and he was totally loving the *cold* water, rocks, sand etc. He was crawling head first into the waves without a care in the world. Took the wind out of him a few times but i think it scared me much more than him. SO happy i have a water baby. I would live in the water if i could. The two of us had a ball.
Hello name twin! I was actually thinking about you today and wondering how Co is doing! Thanks for the update!

I am looking forward to coming to this thread with my ol' buddies*...two more months, but until then, just a general howdy to all.

* This is in no way a dig against those in the other thread...that is an excellent group of women as well!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jas12-don''t feel bad, you should be out enjoying your summer! that is great Co likes the water. so does Jake. he went down the slide (well half way down with a little help from daddy) and then right into the pool. i let him go under for a second and pulled him up. he loved it and pointed to go again. I wish we had a beach close.

jas-i can''t believe your boys are almost one. so glad you popped in..

we had a busy father''s day. we threw a big pool party at our house and it was fun but crazy. on top of that our air conditioning is not working on the middle floor and it''s 87 degress inside. it was close to 100 degrees outside today. I''ve got to call the repair guy tomorrow and I hope they can come quickly to fix it. it funny though b/c the house I grew up in did not have a/c and I remember sleeping on top of my sheets with a big box fan in the window. that''s what last night felt like. tonight, I''m sleeping upstairs with my kids where it''s nice and cool.

hope all you other mommies had a great weekend...

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Argh, ate my response...trying again...

lili, wish I had read your suggestion for grape before TGuy went out and bought apple. The most disgusting thing I''ve tasted in a while (I try pretty much everything I give her) and she would have none of it. Fortunately she seemed OK and had plenty of water. Also yes, she is getting big enough for her designer duds because they come in designer sizes, i.e., small! How is your spring/summer going with J? I can''t believe I haven''t run into you at TJs or BRU yet.

Jackie, nice to see you here! I keep up with all your posts on the other thread.
35.gif

Jas, I can totally understand wanting to be away from the computer if it''s warm up there. Thanks for the suggestion on the band aids, I will try it. I''ve been happy that Amelia is a late walker as I didn''t want to be chasing her everywhere, but now I am over it. I want her to walk already, especially because she can start wearing all the cute dresses she has, which is impossible with a crawler. And as you are finding out, crawlers suck at the park!

MrsS, pool party sounds fun! Definitely fitting for father''s day.

I''m off this week to San Jose and Seattle. Some important meetings and it will be a whirlwind trip. No fun being away from the kid when it''s all business.
14.gif

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
just wanted to pop in and say hi real quick....it''s been a crazy weekend!! be back later to catch up.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
hi mommies,

wondering if you wouldn''t mind if i asked a few more "feeding questions"...

*how do i go about introducing meats?

*at what point do I let my LO try juices? Nothing but milk and drops of water here and there so far (9months now).

C has her 9 month appointment this Friday--it''s been ages! I''m nervous about the shots and lead tests, but anxious to see how she''s doing. She feels so much heavier and eating alot, but when I try to weigh her on our scale, she''s still so skinny (16lbs)--I don''t get it!

Anyway, hi to all you ladies--sorry for not catching up individually---I have to read up on this thread more, it''s been awhile!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Janine, I''ll be interested in what others say about meats...Amelia still hates it.
20.gif

As far as juice, every mom has her own opinion, but I don''t think there is any good reason for Amelia to have it. She does like fruit so I would prefer to give her that. I also don''t want to give her anything else until she will take at least some milk from a cup. My mother made the big mistake of giving me apple juice (and even worse, in a bottle) which made decide I never wanted milk again (I still dislike drinking it and NEVER did when I was a kid). It also made my front teeth rot (she didn''t give us much sweets, only the juice) causing them to have to be pulled early.

I would also think it''s good for babies to learn to like the taste of water. Kids need to be hydrated and it would be tough to always have to use something packed with calories to hydrate them.

Diabetes runs in our family, so I am probably a bit biased. I''ve been told that juice is straight sugar right into the bloodstream. And I felt it when I was pregnant because (like many), I''d have some OJ when the baby was quiet and I wanted to give it a jolt so I would know it was alive and kicking.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Total curlycentric drive by!

Sorry I haven't had a chance to catch up on all the posts but we had some construction done on our apartment last week so I had to take the girls to my parents' house in NJ. I am now the proud owner of a TWO bedroom condo!!! We finally bit the bullet and turned our dining area into a bedroom for the girls and it looks AWESOME!! They did such a great job and I don't feel like I sacrificed anything--our place still looks big.

So lots of new events stemmed from that. I reconfirmed to myself that I can never be a SAHM and give unbelievable amounts of credit to all those who can do it, especially with more than one child! I spent 5 days without DH and even with my parents' help, it was hard as hell to keep those girls occupied all day. And this also reconfirmed that there is no way I am ready to live in the suburbs any time soon. Getting 2 kids in and out of carseats all day, worrying about them falling asleep, having to drive around because they ARE asleep and not having all the conveniences of city life right outside my door within walking distance is not an appealing thought for me right now! I'm guessing I will change my mind as they get older and are in school but for right now, there is no way I'm giving up my car free, city life! So making the extra room bought us a few more years in our place.

Other big news--Lily slept in her new room in her new TODDLER BED last night!! It was a huge deal for her, she loved it! She only woke up once and came into our room to tell me, "Mommy, I'm awake", but I walked her back to her room, put her in bed and she slept just fine after that! She has also been peeing in her potty and is now wearing Pull Ups (as recommended by her daycare teacher), but would rather run around bottomless all the time!!
2.gif
She is speaking in full sentences and being very kissy and affectionate now too. She also calls everyone "Miss" like Miss Grandma, Miss Mommy and our favorite, Miss Daddy!!! I guess it comes from daycare since they call all the teachers Miss and then their first names. Very cute!

Lucy is just a big bundle of love. She eats like a horse and she's eating everything in sight. I literally can not eat anything without her staring at me, making the chewing motion and actually whining (or yelling at me!) to give her some. So janine, that's how I got her to eat meat!!! She's just a piglet. Have you tried the jarred dinners with chicken or turkey in them? She might like those since they're pureed. Lucy's also crawling and cruising and trying to catch up to her sister. I think walking may not be that far off. Oh, and she's cutting her first tooth on the bottom so we're just dosing her up with Motrin which she LOVES!

Regarding juice, I'm not a juice person at all. I never give it to Lily. I know she's had it at daycare and birthday parties but not in the house. It's strictly milk or water, she doesn't need the extra sugar. If I were you, I would just avoid it.

Anyway, sorry for the self centered post. Just wanted to check in and will try to catch up later. Hope everyone, especially our newly preggo moms, are doing well!
35.gif

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
hi curly! I"m also going to have a curly-centric post! Thanks for great update, and that is great about the 2bdrm! How on earth did you pull off 2 kids and putting in that extra bedroom? We converted our studio into a 1bdrm a few years ago and I was so sick of the contractor''s stuff everywhere! Good for you and you def bought yourself some time in the city, that''s great. Now you don''t have to worry until pre-school or school years (or at least that''s what I heard--somethign about it being really competitive and overpriced in NYC, or maybe that was just UES).

And had to laugh at your experience in the ''burbs. Well so far I''m still car-less (haha) and walk home from the train station! I think people think I''m a freak, but I don''t even know how to drive yet due to living in cities my whole life. So any kind of errand (groceries,etc.) are done over the weekend with DH and you know, I also can''t picture doing it alone. I can only imagine what it''s like with two!

Sounds like Lili''s doing fantastic--I always wondered when they moved onto Toddler beds! And Lucy''s a character..she knows good food when she sees it! Let us know how her 9 month visit goes!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 9:52:40 AM
Author: janinegirly
hi mommies,

*how do i go about introducing meats?

*at what point do I let my LO try juices? Nothing but milk and drops of water here and there so far (9months now).

C has her 9 month appointment this Friday--it''s been ages! I''m nervous about the shots and lead tests, but anxious to see how she''s doing. She feels so much heavier and eating alot, but when I try to weigh her on our scale, she''s still so skinny (16lbs)--I don''t get it!

Anyway, hi to all you ladies--sorry for not catching up individually---I have to read up on this thread more, it''s been awhile!

janine, I just gave Jake tiny pieces of whatever meat we were eating. he loves turkey dogs, burgers, grilled chicken, fish etc. But, I dont'' think he started to like them until after he was 12 months. I just always give him whatever we are eating and put it on his tray. he''ll usually try anything and some things he likes and others he doesn''t. My middle daughter never liked meat. I thought she would grow up to be a vegetarian. She just started eating meat when she was around 3 years old and now she loves it.

re; juice. I didn''t give my kids any juice until after 12 months and even then I water it down. I do have to give it to Jake b/c he was slightly anemic and has to take a nasty liquid vitamin that blends into juice but would be gross in milk or water. My kids got one glass/sipppy cup a day and the rest of the time it''s milk or water. I don''t mind giving them some juice though.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
curly-so exciting that Lucy likes her toddler bed. My oldest LOVED her toddler bed when I moved her in it. It''s so cute to see them climb in and out of it too. glad you stopped in and gave us an update.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Jas12--
I''d be off the the computer too if I don''t have to work.
You should definitely take advantage of the sun since Co is such a water baby.
Sounds like Co is doing really well and may be walking sooner than you think.

Jackiejas--
Glad you dropped in.
Can''t believe your boys are going to one so soon.
Will you be TTC#3 shortly after they are one?

MrsS--
The pool party sounds fun and Jake sounds like he enjoyed the water too.
Bummer about the AC, but I bet you the kids love having a slumber party w/ mommy.

TGal--
Hehe, I know. I always keep my eyes open for a sweet Korean/Aussy girl whenever I''m at BRU.
The grape flavor is not much better, but J seems to like it a whole lot more.
Definitely get that next time should you need to get the pedialyte.
Awwww...too bad you aren''t putting up any more A pictures....
I was looking forward to see her in her chic outfits
8.gif

J is doing ok....having a hard time these last couple of weeks.
She''s especially clingy to me. Don''t know if it''s because her favorite teacher left or because I''m weaning her.
Speaking of which...

Mommies--
Any of your toddlers go through a stage of clinginess?
Like I was telling TGal, J is so clingy these days.
She''d cling on me everytime we drop her off at daycare, which is strange since she was ok the last 3-4 months.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Janine--
We gave J those stage 2 jar food w/ the chicken or turkey mix. Since they are primarily veggie, they still like her veggie ones.
We offered her pieces of meat and she''ll just spit them out. She did like the hot dog that we offered her though.
I guess maybe the texture is different? She''s still not a big meat eater right now at almost 15 months. She''ll spit out any big pieces of meat even though she can chew perfectly well.....but if they are small enough, she''ll eat them.

Re: juice. We have just recently given her OJ. She saw us drinking and wanted some. So we now let her have 2-3 oz in a cup in the morning w/ her breakfast.
The rest of the day, it''s milk and water.

Curly--
Yay for the second bedroom for the girls!
Haha, Lily is such a character. Miss Daddy...too funny.
Sounds like Miss Lucy is doing really well and is keeping up w/ big sister just fine.
You are going to have a toddler so soon!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
lili- Jake is super clingy right now too. separation anxiety going full force. I''ve been called to the nursery at our church 3x over the last 3 weeks b/c he cries and won''t settle down. yesterday it was heartbreaking to watch him melt down when I left him
7.gif
my oldest went through this stage too and eventually did outgrow it. funny thought that Lily never went though it. even on her first day of preschool she ran in the room and waved bye to me. anyway, my only advice is to give them a quick hug and kiss and try not to drag out the goodbye''s. it''s so hard but they do learn that you will always come back for them.

lili

Ideal_Rock
MrsS--
that's good to know that it's just a phase.
i hope it passes soon. it's just heartbreaking seeing her going through a meltdown everyday.
i feel bad for hubby too because she's so clingy to me that she refuses her dad as well.
she'll shake her head vigorously and say no when he wants to take her over.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
lili maybe J''s going through a phase. a few months ago, B was also super attached to me and me only. boy was it a PITA! but he got through it and now he can''t wait to leave my arms. haha. but with such a personality J has, you have gotta admit, you love some of the clingy time, no? how is she with the weaning and whole milk?

curly that''s great news!! and the girls sound like they are both doing well.

tgal how is amelia doing?

janine B loved to eat when we introduced new foods to him and he always wanted to have what we were having, so that''s where we basically started. but now he is just a picky little thing who only likes his milk and fruits.

burk how are you feeling? hope you are doing well! how is t doing?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Curly, hooray for that extra room. Is it weird that I'm really happy for you? I always remember that you had an entire family in a one bedroom place when I feel like complaining about my own situation. Now can I complain guilt free? hehehe.

lili, no doubt about it, Amelia is more clingy these days too. She's always been pretty easy going, but now she will at least start to cry when I leave her with whomever is watching her. She nestles up against me way more too. Fortunately, all this doesn't seem to last too long, but it is more than she's been in the past.

ETA, more later!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been extremely tired and just don''t have time to post. I still read everything. I am sorry that I am not responding to everyone individually, and this is a self-centered post. Hopefully work will slow down a bit, so I have more time to post at work, as opposed to posting at home when I am tired.

Birthday party planning is going well. There aren''t that much to plan. We decided to get a fairly plain sheet cake, and I''ll make fondant ladybugs to put on top. We''ll order the cake a couple weeks before the party. I am still debating if I should make some cupcakes and other desserts. I''ll see how I feel when we get closer to the date. We went to take pics at the park, so I finished the invitation. What do you think?

M_bday_invite_ps.jpg

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
poppin in to say
30.gif
QT ....just the cutest thing ive ever seen!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Hi lili -- no idea when we''re trying for #3. I''ll keep you posted. With our luck it''ll be next month -- without trying.
26.gif

QT -- the invite is adorable!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Qtiekiki: just want to say I love your invitation--oh she looks so cute! If I got that in the mail, I''d be clearing my calendar for sure. And you''re a great mommy to plan all that while tired with being newly pregnant. I can''t wait to plan C''s first in a few months and come to youi all for suggestions-love the lady bug theme!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so behind but wanted to let you mamas know I am back safe and sound. I LOVED meeting Gypsy and EricaR. It was an awesome time and Gypsy and her DH are quite the cooks! I was STUFFED! Actually I ate SO much the 5 days or so I was in CA I gained FOUR lbs! No joke.
20.gif
Oh well. It was worth it
18.gif
I only got close to tears once and that was the second day I was there and T was "talking" to me on the phone. She had SO much to say and kept saying "mama" and I just really missed her. Not sure she missed me but she did hold my hand in the airport and let me smother her with kisses. So basically my vacation was a ton of eating and a ton of shopping. Not bad
9.gif
Oh, in T news DH said she came up to him this morning and kept saying "poo! poo!" Sure enough she had a dirty diaper. This is the FIRST time she has EVER indicated her diaper has been dirty. Also MIL taught her how to climb into her car seat which is pretty awesome since it is in the middle seat and kinda a pain since she is so heavy now.

QT, ADORABLE invite! I love it!

Jas, good to have you back sister! Good luck with #3!

Lili, T still has her super clingy moments. Depends on the situation.

Janine, I have heard kids just naturally do not like meat. T loves Korean beef, sometimes chicken fingers or breast and sometimes ham. That''s it. My pedi was not concerned and suggested peanut butter for protein. Much to my MIL dismay T has NO juice. I personally do not see the need at this age.

Curly, I am SO happy for you my friend! Being a SAHM is rough sometimes but I feel like it is right for me. Yay for Lily in her toddler bed! What a big girl! I would LOVE to hear her say miss daddy. You MUST video that one!

Jas12, oh I miss those wobbly steps. Seems like forever ago. Have fun with your water baby. Glad it is finally warm up there.

Burk, I hate when she "plays" with her nubys. I started buying the hard top gerber ones to make it harder for her. I am so glad T is off her treatments. Awesome!

nyc, if I can figure out how to burn a CD anyone can! I think you can order an already made one too. I think the sound machines are a waste of money IMHO.

Puffy, B is such a funny kid! I hope you are writing all this in his baby book (not like I keep one. Haha).

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
tacori-YAY that you''re back. I''m so glad you had such a great time!! we missed you around here though...

qt-those invites are adorable....love them...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
MrsS, I missed you ladies (as always) too! I did have my PS fix with our mini GTG though. That helped! Sorry Jake has been super clingy lately. It will pass! How is being back home?!?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
it has be wonderful being home. I''ve seen my sister almost every day and my parents a couple of times a week. they have already babysat so hubby and I could go out on a date. thanks for asking!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2009 2:06:51 PM
Author: mrssalvo
it has be wonderful being home. I''ve seen my sister almost every day and my parents a couple of times a week. they have already babysat so hubby and I could go out on a date. thanks for asking!

Yay for dates! Hopefully DH and I will go on one tomorrow. We''ll see though.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Puffy--
You don''t know how clingy she is.
She''s like a monkey w/ her arms and legs wrapped around me.
I didn''t even have to hold her.
And when I tried to put her down, she''ll curl up her legs and make like a ball
40.gif

More about weaning later.

QT--
Aww....love the invite and the tutu -- they are adorable!
Did you make it?

jas--
Next month? Then it''ll be a Diamond baby
2.gif

Tacori--
Glad to have you back.
Sounds like you had a great and relaxing vacay w/ yummy food.
36.gif
for T climbing into her own seat and indicating she had a dirty diaper.
I need to teach J to climb in her seat too....funny thing is she''ll gladly climb in the seat when the carseat is sitting in our living room.
She couldn''t climb out of it fast enough when it''s in the car.
I unbuckle her seatbelt when DH pulled into the driveway and she''s already out of her seat before hubby can come fetch her.

MrsS--
36.gif
36.gif
for free babysit and date nights!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
QT, SO cute. Wow, a year so fast!

Tacori, good to have you back!!!

I''m off to San Jose in a couple of hours, then up to Seattle. I''m having some big meetings and working with my boss. The most important meeting is Thursday, 1 year to the hour since my dad passed away last year, so I am hoping I can hold it together!!

I''ll check in while I''m up there, muah!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results