carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy thread with toddlers 12-36 months

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2009 2:29:55 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
TGal, I thought I posted the sale but maybe I forgot. I think they do them twice a year. I bought all size 6s so hopefully that will be her shoe size by then. She currently is in 5s. I''ll let you know if I see any deals. The leather is SO soft. I did love pedipeds but she was destroying the leather bottoms when she started walking. I might get their big girl shoes in the future.
You probably did Tacori, but a few months ago, I don''t think I was looking to buy Amelia shoes. My only concern is that they are known for being wide toed. Amelia has such narrow feet, I wonder if it will be a good fit. Maybe I will go to Nordstroms and see how they fit her feet.

lili

Ideal_Rock
MrsS--
Thanks for the words of encouragement.
That''s good to know. Ok, I''ll stand my ground and not give me.
It''s funny but heartbreaking seeing her bawl and begging for just a little bit of nursing.
She''d gesture "just a little" with her index and thumb pressed together and said "melk" at the same time.

Burk--
Ha, I think you were small. You think you were big because you are so accustomed to having a nice flat abs
5.gif

lili

Ideal_Rock
Puffy--
Haha...that''s amazing that B has such good memory to know that baby gave him a present earlier and wondering if he''s getting more.
Yay for DH being home to offload B from you for a while.
Sometimes, all you need is 10 minutes to let your eyes drop close and you are all refreshed.

Msb--
Sounds like you are really into your cuppy business.
Yay for it taking off so well.
Bummer about your work situation though. I wouldn''t know what to do myself.
I''d probably tell them that it''s best they talk to each other because I don''t want to rely the message the wrong way (as it sometime happens)
Wow, I''m impressed K can type his own name.
What a smartie!

Tacori--
Those SKR shoes are adorable.
You''ll have to keep us informed of the next sale as I cannot see myself spending $30+ on a tiny pair of shoe that she''ll wear for a few months (if I''m lucky)

TGal--
The tube sock and ankle bandages are great ideas to try.
Those cushy floors on the playground are rough. My butt hurt just from sitting on it.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
puffy~I am watching the one with the 7" monitor on Ebay and also made an offer on the one you and Tacori have that was listed on Craig''s List new in box. I''m patiently waiting for my deal!
3.gif
Glad B is doing better with the baby stuff. T will probably just be so excited to have a baby that she won''t even process the whole "sharing mommy" situation. The girl is obsessed with babies. Sounds like a fun to trip you and B took to the boardwalk!

msb~So sorry about your work situation. That sucks. I would probably ask to be taken out of the middle. So cute about K typing his name.

Tgal~I could mail you some used volleyball knee pads!
9.gif

Tacori~Those shoes you got T for fall are adorable!! Seriously love them all. I can''t even think about fall shoes because my child has the weirdest non-growing feet. She has officially been in a 4 since October. I guess she''s a 4.5 now but that''s just odd. I''m keeping my eye on a couple monitors on Ebay and checking out Craig''s List. I figure I''m in no hurry now so I''ll wait for a good deal.

lili~Well thanks for the positive thinking but I''m pretty sure by the end I was nowhere near a small preggo. I love the J story about "just a little" milk.....cute! Not that I''m advocating giving in to it. I''m not. Hold strong. You can do it!!

So T is officially on strike against potty training. I''m kind of annoyed because she refuses to even sit on her potty but announces to me every time she pees and poops!!
20.gif
I think I''m going to give her a few weeks and then probably do a few days where we don''t leave the house at all and put her in underwear so she has to be uncomfortable when she goes. Do you guys think she''s too young for that? She totally knows when she''s going and is very capable of holding it (even all night).

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am leaving tomorrow until Monday. I am excited (of course!) but am sad b/c it will be the longest I have ever been away from T. I know I''ll miss her like crazy. She is so funny. When I picked her up from child watch she was HYPER! She ran around the gym like a crazy woman. She usually wants me to carry her so I was surprised. Also she had her timeout #3 tonight. SOOOO not happy. I did see her face peeking over this time. She must have been on the very tips of her tippy toes. She plays with her milk which is a no no. I yell at her all the time and she STILL does it. Makes a puddle on the floor to play with is her favorite. So after she was freed I had her on the lap and she was drinking. She accidently spilled a few drops and screams "oh no!" and wiped them up really quick Maybe she is learning.

TGal & Lili, I will let you know next time I see a good deal. I think they have the cutest boy''s shoes too.

Burk, I like the portable monitor personally. It does come with an AV cord so you could plug it into a TV if you wanted. Sorry T is on potty strike. I have no advice b/c my T is SOOO far from that. Just wanted to sympathize!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Tacori~Have a great time on your trip!! I''m sooo jealous.
21.gif
2.gif
My T plays with her sippys too. Sounds like your T may have gotten the picture, though!! Thanks for the PT sympathy. I am pretty annoyed because she is clearly able to train, just chooses not to. Oh well. She''s only 17 months. I was just looking forward to an end to the wrestling matches that is changing her diaper!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
tacori- Have a wonderful trip!! I know you will miss T but it will be so good for you to have the mommy break. love the shoes you got for fall. my girls have way to many pairs of shoes b/c I love them and now of course so do they. they are shopping queens and actually do a pretty good job of picking out their clothes.

burk-I don''t have any advice for your i the PT dept. My girls were both 2 1/2 and totally wanted to PT so it was never an issue of them telling me no and Jake is no where near being ready and I don''t really have the time or desire to even work with him on it
40.gif

lili-that is just too cute about J asking for a little milk. I would have given in too. Heck, I''m a sucker for when Jake signs "more."

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tacori, have a great trip!

Burk, obviously I have no advice for you, but will be following T''s potty training saga as I am very interested! She''s a smart girl, your Tayva...

OK guys, I officially have a child shoe fetish. I was at Nordy''s today and they had a sale rack (I also have to go visit Nordstrom rack too, but I might go nuts). I bought these in size 6.5. Umi shoes...just heard of them today!

31BaTw9qnKL__AA280_.jpg

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
tgal kid shoes are the best. i am always buying B shoes. i can only imagine if i had a girl, i would not be able to stop. i do buy tons of shoes for one of my friend''s girls since she''s around the same age as B.

tacori have a wonderful time!! i am still so bummed that i will not be able to meet you. T is such a funny girl for sure. i love reading about stories of all the kiddies, it makes me smile. who will be watching T? i LOVE all the shoes that you got for T....i want a girl to shop for!!

lili how cute that J asked for a little bit of milk!! B got another gift from the baby today and he was very happy about it again. just a small little hot wheel to add to his collection. i hope he is starting to like the baby again.

burk sorry to hear about T''s potty strike. but it''s a good sign that she does tell you when she goes in her diaper. honestly, i think she is still so young that you should wait until SHE is ready to go on the potty. at this point, i don''t think it''s about her being ready to train as much as it is her wanting to do it. you know she is ready and if she is telling you when she goes and holding it in at night, she''s ready, but probably just doesn''t want to do it yet.

sasa

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks MrsS, the stitches are pretty much heal up except one small area.

lili, I have a feeling he''ll like to show off his scar when he is older. Boys...
He is scratching his scar every chance he get. Good thing he didn''t lose any weight because of it.

Thanks puffy, I get sad everytime I see the scar (still feel responsible about it)...How you feeling?

msb, sorry to hear about the office dilemma, K is such a smart kid!

Tacori, I''m so jealous, have fun!! Tessa''s milk story cracks me up.

Burk, sorry to hear about the potty training strike. Maybe just hold off a little bit longer on the potty training?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tessa is a funny girl. I was watching her on the monitor last night and she got up and was standing, staring at the camera. I wonder if there is a light on it. It was kinda freaky in night vision.

Burk, it REALLY gets on my nerves when she plays with her milk/water. She makes SUCH a mess. Hopefully she IS learning that she is NOT the boss. I have to wrestle with T to change her diaper too. She is an angel with the babysitter but a devil with me.

MrsS, so cute! Hope my girl likes shopping one day. She hates it right now. Haha. I am very excited. Not looking forward to the cross country flight but at least I will be sans child.

TGal, cute shoes! I have heard of that brand. I am always a sucker for pink and brown.

Puffy, maybe you ARE having a girl
2.gif
Then you will need more closets for sure. Haha. My MIL/DH is watching T. I am just hoping she doesn''t decide to reorganize my pantry again. Cleaning...I don''t mind but don''t mess with my stuff! Haha.

Bobo, I think she was so scared I was going to put her in the corner again. I think this timeout will be an awesome tool for me dealing with my stubborn girl.

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
PAGING TACORI!!

Hi Tac and all the todd mommies
36.gif

DD mentioned that u know where to find all the different white noise machines....im in desperate need lol...i noticed that jon likes the sound of water...so hoping to try that out....thanx
1.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
NYC, tacori is out of town and I''m not sure if she''ll check PS but just wanted you to know I''m sure she''s not ignoring you. I know she''s posted on here a couple of times where she got the white noise from but I don''t remember where. I can''t remember if she had a machine or just bought the noise cd from itunes or something. sorry I can''t be of more help.

hope all the mommies are having a good day. things are just busy for us, still unpacking and my second truck load of stuff is getting here today with items that didn''t make it on the first load. Not much in Jake news other than he officially has joined in with the other tantrum throwers when he does not get his way. I know this is normal but I''m realizing more and more each day that I''ve got a strong willed little man on my hands. His latest trick....giving kisses
30.gif
up until recently he has been extremely stingy with his kisses and rarely would give us any. lately, he''s been giving out kisses left and right and his sisters love it. well, my 7 year old thinks the fact that he opens his mouth to plant one on her is totally gross but still cute in away. she''s trying to get him to close his mouth though....love those baby kisses!!

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks MrsS!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks MrsS!

NYc, I think I just posted the link in the newborn thread. I bought it from babysleepsounds.com but they changed their domain name and I linked the new one over there. I downloaded the mp3, made a cd, and put it on repeat on a boombox (with a remote) helped SOO much those first six months. Good luck. They have EVERY sound you could want.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
mrss~If she hadn''t shown so much interest so early and done so well for a while I don''t think I''d be bothered at all and probably wouldn''t have even thought about PT until after 2.....she just got me all excited!
3.gif
So cute that Jake is sharing his kisses more freely. That''s the best!

Tgal~Cute shoes! I love shoe shopping for T! I think the smart part is what''s killing me with Miss Tayva and this PT stuff...she knows how to push my buttons.

puffy~Yep, she just needs to choose to want to. What a PITA!
21.gif
I haven''t even been mentioning the potty today and she''s still telling me when she''s going!
20.gif
Oh well. She''s still young. No hurry, really. I just need to re-train my brain that we''ll be in diapers for a while longer and pray she changes her mind. Ha ha.

bobo~That''s awesome that B is healing so well! We''re on another PT break. No need to push it....I think it''d just make it worse.

Tacori~Hope you''re enjoying your trip!! My T has been in timeout more than once for a sippy cup mess. The nubby cups are so easy to make the water/milk come out and T figured that out quickly!
20.gif

In really good T news....she''s off the nebulizer treatments!!! We went to the allergist today and he said we both look great (I had an appt too) and said we could quit the nebulizer treatments until October. We''ll see him again in October and decide if we should resume or not since that will start flu season and kids tend to get worse then. I''ll take it. Hope all my mommy friends are doing great!! I''m off to search for video monitors on ebay some more.....I''ve lost quite a few so far but I set a budget and I''m not willing to spend more on Ebay.

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/18/2009 7:52:04 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Thanks MrsS!

NYc, I think I just posted the link in the newborn thread. I bought it from babysleepsounds.com but they changed their domain name and I linked the new one over there. I downloaded the mp3, made a cd, and put it on repeat on a boombox (with a remote) helped SOO much those first six months. Good luck. They have EVERY sound you could want.
hmmm..must have missed that link..will go back and look...but thats too advanced for me lol...i need a machine that has it already made...im a spaz! lol. thanks again Tac and i hope u are enjoying ur trip
1.gif

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
burk just wanted to say that is great news that T is off her treatments!!! hopefully, she''ll continue to great without them.

mrsS awwww, how cute that jake is sharing kisses more frequently. it''s the best...those wet, sloppy kisses. haha.

had a doc appt today and that went as well as i hoped it would, i guess. i''m down 2 lbs, which is weird cause i have been eating like crazy, but not complaints there. then i had to go do the NT scan, which went well also. i brought B with me and he was just so fascinated with the ultrasound. he kept saying that the baby didn''t look like a baby or a puppy. haha. but he was excited to see the baby, but he didn''t like the ultrasound tech doing the ultrasound. he thought she was hurting me. cute kid. hope all is well with everyone!!!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Burk
Yay for T getting off the treatment.

Tacori
Hope you are having a wonderful time in SF/Bay Area.

puffy
How cute that B is protective of you. Sounds like he is turning around. Glad your appt went well. I just got referral letters in the mail for the NT scan and the blood tests for PAPPA and hcg. I didn''t do it last time; it was never even mentioned or talked about. So I am wondering what''s the change this time. I am ok with doing it since it''s non-invasive. I have an appt tomorrow; hope to see the hb.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
puffy~Thanks! We''re so excited to be nebulizer free! That''s great that B enjoyed going to your appt with you. Down 2 lbs? Are you still feeling sick? I''m going to be up 10 lbs by the time my first appt comes around at this rate!

QT~Thanks! Have a great appt tomorrow! When are you due again?

Mrs

Shiny_Rock
Hi ladies! I hope you''re all well!

Just popping my head in here to page TGal. I was wondering how well your Not Rational bag has held up. Is it still in good shape? I ask because I bought one (thanks to you!) last november when she had a sample sale and didn''t start using it until just recently since my LO wasn''t born until March and it is already falling apart! I have the Hansel in the wine color patent leather and it''s ripping where the handles meet the bag. This surprises me since I haven''t been throwing it around. I do pack it pretty fully but I don''t see why that should cause it to rip. Fabiana has kindly said she will replace it since it''s such as expensive bag to be falling apart after so little use. I''m wondering if I should ask her to send me one in the regular leather (not the patent) if it will hold up better. Is yours regular leather?

I hope you found a way to keep A''s knees from getting bruised!

Thanks Mrs

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Burk
Thanks. The appt went well. We saw the little bean and the HB. The u/s measured exactly the same as the EDD based on LMP. My EDD is 1/28/10. 4 days after my 30th birthday.
When do you think is your EDD? When is your appt?

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2009 4:48:31 PM
Author: qtiekiki
Burk
Thanks. The appt went well. We saw the little bean and the HB. The u/s measured exactly the same as the EDD based on LMP. My EDD is 1/28/10. 4 days after my 30th birthday.

Yay, how exciting! Congrats! M was early right? Maybe #2 will be early too and you''ll have 2 before 30 like you wanted. :)

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2009 4:48:31 PM
Author: qtiekiki
Burk

So glad your appt went well! Maybe snlee is right and you''ll go early.
9.gif

According to the nurse when I called to make the appt, my due date would be February 7. My first appt is July 7th. I''ll be 9.5 weeks then.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
qt YAY for seeing the HB!!! how are you feeling? the NT scan and the blood work weren''t so bad. it''s just kinda a PITA, but you get to see the little bean. how is M doing?

burk the funny thing about being down 2 lbs is that i was up 2 lbs at my previous appt, so it all equals to be the same...my pre-preggo weight. haha. but i don''t care about the weight gain this time around. i know it''s going to happen, and i know i can take it all off again. i''m more concerned this time around with what i eat, just trying to be a bit more healthy. how are you feeling? hope you''re doing ok. how is T? still on a potty strike?

have a great weekend mommies and kiddies!!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2009 2:36:22 PM
Author: Mrs
Hi ladies! I hope you're all well!

Just popping my head in here to page TGal. I was wondering how well your Not Rational bag has held up. Is it still in good shape? I ask because I bought one (thanks to you!) last november when she had a sample sale and didn't start using it until just recently since my LO wasn't born until March and it is already falling apart! I have the Hansel in the wine color patent leather and it's ripping where the handles meet the bag. This surprises me since I haven't been throwing it around. I do pack it pretty fully but I don't see why that should cause it to rip. Fabiana has kindly said she will replace it since it's such as expensive bag to be falling apart after so little use. I'm wondering if I should ask her to send me one in the regular leather (not the patent) if it will hold up better. Is yours regular leather?

I hope you found a way to keep A's knees from getting bruised!

Thanks Mrs
Mrs, I can honestly say my bag is AWESOME. It has held up amazingly well and it is almost the only bag I use now and I beat it up. When I took it to Oz, I used it as a footrest on the plane and kicked it around. I throw it on the ground all the time. I stuff it to the gills. I use it EVERY day.

And just because I want to make sure before I typed this, I just went downstairs to get it and check it out. Seriously, it's an amazing condition. Minus some scuffs (that I think were on the bag when I got it as it was a sample), it looks great . The bottom corners show hardly any wear, the handles are securely attached still. I love it because if it gets beat up, it just gets softer and looks nice and weathered. I have been using it nonstop since December. I can take some photos for you if you are interested to see how it is holding up.

Now, I will say that I saw the patent berry at a boutique in west LA and I was shocked it was the same bag. The bag felt paper thin and so flimsy! So I think it is the leather.
I have the Wine "Pearlized" and can highly recommend it. I also do not recommend the "Diesel" as that one looked just as bad to me. Try to get something in pearlized leather...the wine one is gorgeous and is what I thought the Berry Diesel was going to look like. Nice of Fabiana to do this for you!

As for Amelia's knees, the tube socks seemed to help!

She's sick tonight...poor thing vomited 4 times in a row and I smell like puke now so I really need to take a shower. I am getting her some pedialyte tomorrow as she would not even take water tonight. The milk must have been bad that I gave her. Either that or it was something in the sand she kept putting in her mouth at the beach.
15.gif

lili

Ideal_Rock
TGal--
Poor A. I hope it is not a nasty bug or something.
Definitely get the pedialyte. I''d get the grape flavor if they have it.
J didn''t like the other flavor we got and we had to literally dropper feed her and was only able to get 1.5 oz into her a day.
This last time she had the vomit, we got the grape flavor and she seems drink more (still dropper feed her though).

Mrs

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/20/2009 12:32:32 AM
Author: TravelingGal
Date: 6/19/2009 2:36:22 PM

Author: Mrs

Hi ladies! I hope you''re all well!

Just popping my head in here to page TGal. I was wondering how well your Not Rational bag has held up. Is it still in good shape? I ask because I bought one (thanks to you!) last november when she had a sample sale and didn''t start using it until just recently since my LO wasn''t born until March and it is already falling apart! I have the Hansel in the wine color patent leather and it''s ripping where the handles meet the bag. This surprises me since I haven''t been throwing it around. I do pack it pretty fully but I don''t see why that should cause it to rip. Fabiana has kindly said she will replace it since it''s such as expensive bag to be falling apart after so little use. I''m wondering if I should ask her to send me one in the regular leather (not the patent) if it will hold up better. Is yours regular leather?

I hope you found a way to keep A''s knees from getting bruised!

Thanks Mrs

Mrs, I can honestly say my bag is AWESOME. It has held up amazingly well and it is almost the only bag I use now and I beat it up. When I took it to Oz, I used it as a footrest on the plane and kicked it around. I throw it on the ground all the time. I stuff it to the gills. I use it EVERY day.

And just because I want to make sure before I typed this, I just went downstairs to get it and check it out. Seriously, it''s an amazing condition. Minus some scuffs (that I think were on the bag when I got it as it was a sample), it looks great . The bottom corners show hardly any wear, the handles are securely attached still. I love it because if it gets beat up, it just gets softer and looks nice and weathered. I have been using it nonstop since December. I can take some photos for you if you are interested to see how it is holding up.

Now, I will say that I saw the patent berry at a boutique in west LA and I was shocked it was the same bag. The bag felt paper thin and so flimsy ! So I think it is the leather.

I have the Wine ''Pearlized'' and can highly recommend it. I also do not recommend the ''Diesel'' as that one looked just as bad to me. Try to get something in pearlized leather...the wine one is gorgeous and is what I thought the Berry Diesel was going to look like. Nice of Fabiana to do this for you!

As for Amelia''s knees, the tube socks seemed to help!

She''s sick tonight...poor thing vomited 4 times in a row and I smell like puke now so I really need to take a shower. I am getting her some pedialyte tomorrow as she would not even take water tonight. The milk must have been bad that I gave her. Either that or it was something in the sand she kept putting in her mouth at the beach.
15.gif

THANK YOU so much for your detailed response TGal!! I am sooo glad to hear that your bag has held up so well! I was honestly really surprised by the paper thin quality of the leather when I received the bag as well! It looks great and is nice and light but feels kinda like celaphane which was not what I was expecting. I''m so glad to hear that the other materials she uses are better! It IS really nice of her to do this - I''m pleased that her customer service is so good since her bags are so expensive. I''ll try to go for the pearlized leather and will let you know what I end up with!

I''m glad the socks helped but I''m sorry Amelia''s sick! I hope she feels better soon!

Thanks again!
Mrs

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Poor A!!! Hope she''s feeling better Tgal!!

puffy~Even when I''m not preggo I can fluctuate 2 lbs in a day!
3.gif
You''re doing great!! I''m not worried about weight gain either....I gained 45 with T and lost it all within 3-4 months so I figure if I end up gaining that much again (although I''d rather not) I''ll eventually lose it and it''s all worth it for the prize at the end!
5.gif
I actually feel pretty good. Sickness comes and goes, which is actually nice since I had 24-7 sickness with T (knock on wood that that''s not on it''s way). T is still on a potty strike. She does announce to me when she needs her diaper changed, though.
20.gif

So I got my video monitor and I love it!!! I got it off Craig''s List new in box. I got this one for $125! Yay!!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
No problem Mrs! Please, do let me know what you end up with it. There was a beige pearlized at her last sample sale and it looked so classy! And I agree..the patent felt like cellophane to me. The leather on mine is light (and probably thin) but the bag feels sturdy.

Burk, your girl is too funny...I would just laugh if Amelia announced that she needs her diaper changed, and the probably shake my head too. Smart girl you have!

Thanks all for the well wishes...Amelia is much better today and Pedialyte is one of the grossest things I''ve tasted in a long time!
14.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results