shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy thread with toddlers 12-36 months

sasa

Brilliant_Rock
Quick drive by to say Hi to all the mommies!

Work is crazy so no PS time for me at work. We postpone our moving date because we found out last minute that we had a gas leak in the new house. (should it have call the gas company to come by and turn on the service earlier)

Took the plumber two days to fixed the leak. I''m really not looking forward to see the invoice from the plumber.

We are schedule to move this week and we''re not even close to finish packing yet. Every night we get home late because of the house and I miss my baby so much.

Sorry for the self center post, miss you guys and the babies!

QT: Love the invitation!! M is so cute in her tutu!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lili, I am not sure how my MIL taught her to climb in but it is nice! The vacation was really nice. I think J is just in a phase. T still does the leg tightening when I try to put her down in the mornings. It does get annoying.

TGal, good luck with your meeting! Timing sucks but I have faith you can hold it together until you are back in your hotel room.

Bobo, good luck with the move. Can''t wait to see final pictures. I am sure the wait will be worth it!

So everyone always laughs b/c every time (lately) I pick T up from childwatch she RUNS towards me at full speed screaming. Glad she is happy to see me!
1.gif
The other moms got a kick out of it. For some reason she is NOT eating. Any ideas?

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Hello! Sorry I've been absent-lots going on and add to that I pulled a dumb a** preggo move and am on modified bed rest the next couple days. Off to catch up...

Tgal~I mostly just laugh when T announces she needs her diaper changed because if I didn't I'd cry!
3.gif
Good luck with your meeting!

lili~Yep, such small feet. I think she's up to a 4.5 so I've been putting her in 5's even though they're pretty big I have so many cute shoes in a 5.
5.gif
Too funny about J laying down on her stomach to be changed and then running away....T does the same thing usually. Fun times!
20.gif
T def. went through a clingy phase. It's better now, but she still is at times. There were a few weeks at daycare that she actually cried when I left. I felt horrible, but she got over it.

Jas12~Hey there! Glad you're enjoying your summer months!! How's the house coming along?

Jas~Hey there! Good to *see* you!

mrss~So happy to hear you're loving being back home!! Is your air conditioning fixed?

janine~I'm late and most of the ladies said what we did but I did a combo of the gerber meals with the meat in them (T loved them....I thought they were gross but what can ya do) and also did small bites of the meat we were eating. I buy rotisserie chickens to cook with so I'd just pull small pieces off and she LOVED that. No juices for us, either, aside from some watered down apple juice here and there at daycare.

curly~Hey there!!! Yay for a remodel!! That's awesome that Lily is doing so well in her toddler bed and she just sounds too stinkin cute. I agree with Tacori that we need a video!

puffy~Thanks for asking. I've been feeling pretty lousy. Oh well. T is great. It's been super hot and humid here, though, so we've been stuck in doors the past few days which pisses her off!
5.gif
How's B? Sorry he's being a picky eater. We've been there!

QT~Your invites are adorable!! Sorry you're so tired. I can relate.

Tacori~Hey there!! Glad to have you back! I ended up buying the gerber sippy cups, too. Less mess for sure! That's awesome that your MIL taught T how to get into her carseat. She's good for something!!

Bobo~So sorry about the gas leak. More unneeded stress for sure. Good luck with the move!!! It will all be worth it in the end when you're in your new beautiful home!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Burk, yes she is good for some things
2.gif
Actually she left this morning and went to her house when DH and T came to pick me up so I haven''t seen her since I left. Guess she was in a hurry to get home. What did you do to end up on bed rest? Are you okay?

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Tacori~Well that just works out perfectly!
9.gif
Oh, I was at volleyball conditioning this morning and must have forgot I am pregnant and to prove a point to my players (who I thought were slacking) decided to do the sprinting station. Yea, it was 10 wall to wall sprints (in a row) that I ran hard. I was wrong-they weren't slacking, it was HARD. Anyway, my heart rate was elevated WAY too long and add to that I have been having MS anyway....I ended up in the restroom puking!
20.gif
So I got a scolding and am on modified bed rest/extreme amounts of fluids/not allowed to go outside in the heat for longer than a trip to my car for the next couple days. I am an idiot!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Burk, well I am glad it was not something more serious! Sounds really hard but I''m lazy. I think I am really hard to please and a horrible person b/c I was kinda offended. I guess I wanted a run down on what they did and stuff. But I know she has lots of loose ends she needs to deal with. Focus on the positive Tacori!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Tacori~Yea, it was just stupid and a little scary but we''ll be fine. You''re not a horrible person! I like to hear about what went on when I''m away too. Usually my MIL gives me the minute-by-minute. It''s nice, but if I''m gone for an hour it takes her 15 minutes to report.
21.gif
Maybe you MIL just figured you''d want to spend some family time since you''d been away and was trying to be nice?

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Oh, and I wanted to add that I'm getting screwed over at work again and my schedule isn't looking like it's going to be what we originally agreed on!! I was supposed to teach 8-11:45 and it's now looking like I'll be teaching 10:45-3! Boo. I really don't want to teach in the afternoons and I really don't want to teach the classes I'm going to teach. I'm still working with my Principal trying to work out a compromise but I'm also preparing myself for the worst.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Burk, sorry about the scheduling problems. fingers crossed that it will work out and you can still have afternoons off. our air conditioning is up and running thank goodness. I actually had to put on a sweatshirt in my house it got a little too chilly in here. it was 94 today so it''s not cool outside at all.

tacori-that is so cute that T runs to you when you pick her up. Jake used to crawl to me too but in her current anxious state someone is usually holding him when I go to get him
40.gif

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
qt cute invites!!

tacori sounds like you had a wonderful time. that''s cute that t climbs into the car seat, i know when B started to do it, life was so much easier getting in and out of the car. and that''s great that T said "poo poo." i actually do keep a baby book for B and have marked just about EVERYTHING in it. haha.

mrsS that''s great that you are enjoying being home and you and your DH have been able to go out on a date.

lili B is still clingy now a days, just not as bad, so i promise you that it does get better. although your description of how she just wraps herself around you is pretty cute. B did the same thing also, and he refused to go to DH, so i know how you feel.

bobo YIKES about the gas leak. but i guess that gives you some extra time to pack. how is little B doing?

burk sorry you have not been feeling great. bed rest already? take it easy mama!! poor T...i bet she hates being stuck inside all day. B''s still being super picky eater, but i know it''s a phase, it just sucks!! i actually got him to eat his cheese today without throwing it at our dog.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Bobo--
Yikes about the gas leak.
It''s a good thing you guys caught it before moving in.
Good luck w/ the move.
Can''t wait to see pictures of your new home.

Tacori--
That is just stinking cute T run full speed at you.
J is so mellow when she sees us....she''ll just look up and wave.
While other kids in her class would dash to their parents.
I swear, some of the other kids are more excited to see us then she is :)
Sorry T is not eating. Could it be a phase?

Burk--
Yikes....take it easy woman.
I hope the students didn''t give you the "see, we told you so" speech.
Ack, sorry about the scheduling problems.
Fingers crossed that it will work out.

lili

Ideal_Rock
First off, I''d like to give a shoutout to the mommies who suggested the Munchkin straw cup!
After trying countless brands and types (sippy, fancy sippy, straw, tumblers, etc),
I decided to buy just one more even though it looked like the ones that I''ve gotten her already.
Well, J loves it and is happily drinking her milk from it.
She still doesn''t drink as much as other kids (but then again, maybe she just doesn''t drink much),
but it is way more than the 1-2 oz that we were able to force her to drink before.

Sooo......I am happy to say that I''m free of my BFing duty!!
As of 2 sundays ago, I haven''t BFed J.
Oops, except for last Tuesday morning when she tricked and attacked me and got in 10 minutes of BF.
She was pretty tenacious too....I tickled her and she was giggling and laughing, yet still remain latched
40.gif

Anyway, weaning her went pretty smoothly after we got her the Munchkin cup since she was not starving by the time we fetched her.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
lili, yay! congrats!

QT, what a cute invite!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
lili that is great news!!! it went a lot better than you thought it would eh? now...time to start thinking about #2 yet? haha, just a question.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for the compliments on the invite. I had a lot of fun shooting M in her tutu at the park. And the pics are so clear and crisp with the DSLR. I love it. Will probably post more pics from the park on FB once we send out the invites (don't want to show our friends the pics before they get the invites).

lili
Yay for weaning. I better go out and get one of those munchkin straw cup. Did you get the tall one or the short one? Does it matter?
Now get on with the TTCing. LOL.

Janine
I actually love party planning. I went through planning withdrawal after our wedding. hehe. The planning part is easy; it's the execution on the day of that is hard. I bet you'll have fun planning for C's bday.

Tacori
Sounds like you have a blast in the Bay Area.
I bet T did missed you. 5 days is a long time for not seeing mama.
Maybe it's time to start PT.
9.gif

MrsS
Glad you are enjoying being home. Sometimes I wish I was back in the Bay Area, so I can go shopping with my mom and sisters. I really miss spending time with them.

Tgal
Hope you are having a good business trip.

Bobo
Boo for not moving in this week, but it's better that you found out b4 you are moving in.
Hopefully everything will go smoothly from now on, and your work slow down a bit for you.

Burk
Oh poor thing. Hope you are feeling better. Sounds like a precautionary thing.
Sorry you got stuck with the afternoon classes. Hope you can get the morning schedule back.

Puffy
Sounds like B is doing just fine. Is he warming up to the baby now?
How are you feeling? You just got a few more weeks and you'll be out of 1st trimester.

sbde

Brilliant_Rock
hello mommies, i''ve been absent and on vacay so i missed out on the 2 pregnancy announcements. congrats to qtiekiki & burk - SO SO SO thrilled for you. hope you both have smooth, comfortable pregnancies, and i can''t wait to see how meena and tayva respond to being big sisters :)

sasa

Brilliant_Rock
Thank Tacori, the house will look empty in the pictures.
We don''t plan to buy any furniture any time soon.
Maybe Tessa is teething again?

Thanks Burk, Hope you and baby burk are doing well.
You need to slow down lady!
sorry to hear about the work schedule, hope it will work out at the end.

puffy, little B is doing great, I think he is a future stuntman
in the making. He love to stand on his bike instead of riding on it and
I caught him trying to climb over the baby gate with the diaper wipe box as his tool
how are you and baby puffy?

gotta run...will be back later to catch up.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 1:56:08 PM
Author: lili
First off, I''d like to give a shoutout to the mommies who suggested the Munchkin straw cup!
After trying countless brands and types (sippy, fancy sippy, straw, tumblers, etc),
I decided to buy just one more even though it looked like the ones that I''ve gotten her already.
Well, J loves it and is happily drinking her milk from it.
She still doesn''t drink as much as other kids (but then again, maybe she just doesn''t drink much),
but it is way more than the 1-2 oz that we were able to force her to drink before.

Sooo......I am happy to say that I''m free of my BFing duty!!
As of 2 sundays ago, I haven''t BFed J.
Oops, except for last Tuesday morning when she tricked and attacked me and got in 10 minutes of BF.
She was pretty tenacious too....I tickled her and she was giggling and laughing, yet still remain latched
40.gif

Anyway, weaning her went pretty smoothly after we got her the Munchkin cup since she was not starving by the time we fetched her.
Yay lili! GOOOO J! That is awesome. I agree on the munckin sippy straw cup - I think I gave my shout out of thanks awhile back. It''s SO wonderful what we can learn here from one another. I had bought a TON of cups...nuby straw, born free sippy, take and toss sippy AND straw and NOTHING worked better than the munchkin! And that scary part is that there are SOOOO many other cups out there that I could have kept on buying more. Well munckin is it. I even tried the Nuby again after she got the hang of the munchkin...no dice. The munchkin is the one she wanted.

So moms, any tips on how to get Amelia to drink MILK from the munchkin? As of now, she only will drink water from it!

In Seattle now. Great day of meetings. Boss is happy with me. I''m ready to go home though and see my girl!!!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
qitiekiki: i wish i was good at the party planning, can't wait to hear all about it with pics!

lili: congrats to J..she sounds like she's doing great!

tgal: is it sunny in seattle? asking because we've had Seattle's weather for months here on the East Coast. You must be missing Ameila!

snlee: we need a D update soon (here or other thread)!

Chloe's 9mo appt is this Friday..but she is crawling forward!!! It's so cute and looks different from backwards (which was more slide and arms). It reminds me of those wind up toys and it's kind of mechanical looking..love it. Hope she'll get to standing soon..

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
hi i am so behind but miss you guys and the other thread.

tgal i just ewanted to say i''ll be thinking of you today. Im sure it must be difficult on the anniversary of your dad''s passing. I bet he is watching Amelia with amazement and happiness each day. i hope your meeting goes smoothly. maybe next time you are in sj we could squeeze in a ps gtg with the rest of us south bay mommies.

i have to go to a class all day today. the first long day i will be away from t. i am sort of looking forward to it but am` already missing the little bugger!
take care everyone!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Another quickie here!

janine, I took the girls to NJ to my parents'' house while the construction was going on. There was no way they would have been able to stay there with all the chaos, not to mention dust and dirt. It only took 2.5 days (Wed-Fri) but I had them in NJ from Tuesday night till Sunday. It was tough! We really feel like we bought ourselves some more time now. As far as preschool, their daycare becomes preschool so we can avoid the drama of dealing with that! And we are zoned for a great public elementary school so we''re in a good position right now, I hope! There''s definitely overcrowding in the schools but I''m confident that Bloomie will have it all figured out before it''s our time.

I love that you don''t know how to drive! That is so common amongst my friends who grew up in the city. You better get some lessons soon, girl! I actually drove around in the suburbs with just Lily in the car while my mom watched Lucy and it was fun and liberating. And she fell asleep too so it was good all around!

Regarding the toddler bed, there''s no real age when you''re supposed to move them. I honestly would have kept her in the crib forever but she''s always hated it. She prefers to be in a bed so we figured we''d give it a shot. It''s going pretty well so far.

Can''t wait to hear Chloe''s progress from her appointment. We have Lucy''s on Monday. I can''t believe she''s going to be 9 months old tomorrow. It''s flying by. Yay for Chloe crawling! You''re in trouble now!!!! One of the other things I learned from my suburban stint was that Lucy can climb stairs by herself which was news to me since we don''t have ANY stairs in our apartment!! These kids are growing up toooooo fast!

mrssalvo, so great to see you! I''m glad you are back home and able to see your family so often. It makes a real difference to have them close by.

lili, separation anxiety is very common and can last a loooong time! It''s totally normal but I hope it passes quickly for you. Make things so much tougher. Glad your weaning went so smoothly. And those Munchkin straw cups are awesome, aren''t they?! So happy they''re working out for you.

TGal, I can''t tell you what a difference it makes to have an extra room. We keep saying we should have done it earlier but we were lazy and broke! We got a ridiculous tax return this year (thanks Lucy!) so we had the extra cash to get it done and I''m so happy about it! Our place is still too small but it just makes more sense now. And yes, feel free to complain as much as you want--misery loves company!!!
2.gif
Glad your meetings are going well. Amelia will be soooo happy to see you when you get back.

puffy, how are you feeling? Are you planning to find out the sex of this baby?

qtiekiki, I feel your pain, sister! I know how hard it is to have an active child and be pregnant at the same time. Hang in there, it will get better. LOVE the invitation!!!!

jas, the best babies are the surprise ones!
2.gif
You never know. I''m just impressed (and jealous) that you have time to "do it" at all!
3.gif

Tacori, glad you had a great trip. Hope your birthday dinner was fun. I have so much video of the girls--I really do need to put some up on FB. Still haven''t captrued Miss Daddy but I''ll work on it! How great that Tessa can get into her carseat by herself! I swear that part of being in the burbs was KILLING me!!! Makes your life a teeny bit easier now, right?!

Bobo, good to see you. You must be so overwhelmed. Keep us posted when you can and good luck with the move. Give little B a kiss from all of us!

Burk, you are an overachiever! No more sprints while pregnant!!!! Enjoy your rest, you deserve it.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Hi gang

Tacori--welcome back--sounds like the trip was awsome. Food and shopping are my fave things as well!!!

Burk--how ya feeling? Sucky about scheduling. Stand your ground! The house is coming. We start framing in about a week. Charlie just put in the in-floor heating and poured the concrete. Things are moving fast. Where are you guys at?

MrsS. you must be loving the time with your family. Such a big help isn''t it.

QT--those invites are so great! lov em

Jas--hey! we need new pics of those little munchkins !!

Lili--another diamond baby would be nice
2.gif
Then a set of diamond studs would be the perfect way to symbolize them wouldn''t it
31.gif
Will will stop using BC in august, but not really *try*. I wouldn''t be disappointed if it took a few months....

In my news, my lil sis is getting engaged
36.gif
I am SO excited. Her BF emailed last night to ask about rings. He surprised her with the news that they will be going to paris for her b-day in august and i am assuming he''ll pop the question in the ''city of love'' (so sweet). I have a family stone give to me as a gift that he may use for the ring. It''s been around in the family for nearly 100 years. It''s 2 c, good cut and G color, but it the clarity is an I (or something close to that) it has some visible dark specks in it. I am trying to figure out what it is worth. it was appraised at 11 K canadian for insurance purposes, but it is definitely not worth that on the market of course. Sister''s BF is interested in buying it, but i may just give it to them. It would need to be reset--it is in some nasty setting now--but that''s no big deal.
Anyway, thought i would share...

sasa

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks lili, will try to post pictures when I have time.
yay on no more breastfeeding
36.gif

Thanks QT, I just wish everything will slow down so I can
catch my breath...too much going on at once.

janine, yay on Chloe''s crawling forward.
36.gif

Hi pave!
35.gif

Thanks Curly!

Jas12, congrats on your sister''s engagement.
So nice of you to think about giving them the family stone.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies.
It is a huge weight off my chest
2.gif

And it''s nice to finally be able to wear my old tops again.

snlee--
how are you and D doing?
I haven''t seen you on these threads except for the occasional delurking to congratulate people.

puffy--
haha, not yet.
need to get my teeth checked first since the last time I went to the dentist was when I was in my first tri.
And the cautious dentist didn''t do anything because he didn''t want to risk getting bacteria into my bloodstream.
So are you going to find out the sex of baby puffy?

QT--
I don''t think it matters what size cup you get.
The important thing is the straw material (very soft).
I got one cup with the similiar mechanism, but the straw was stiff and hard (I guess that''s why J didn''t like it).
I got J the Dora character one just because she recognizes her since my SIL got some decal for her on Easter.
Oo...more pictures. I need to find you ladies on there.
I thought I found TGal, but then when I was about to email her, the account disappear
15.gif

I did see find some of the PS preggos though, but I don''t think they know me
41.gif
so didn''t request to be friend.
Can we have some pix of M on here for now?
2.gif

TGal--
Haha, I saw your shoutout and that''s why I decided to go ahead and get it
9.gif

Looks like we went through the same cups too and now I don''t know what to do w/ them.
Hate to throw them away since they weren''t cheap.
Hmm...you may want to get a different design on the cup, so she can differentiate the two?
I still let J drink her water in the take-n-toss straw cup.
I don''t know if this will help, but the way I got J to drink milk from the Munchkin instead of from me is letting her dolls and stuff animals drink from it.
I''ll say "Baby or bear bear wants milk" and place their mouth over the straw and making sucking sound and do the "aah" at the end.

Glad to hear the meetings were successes.
A will be glad to have mommy home.

lili

Ideal_Rock
janine--
36.gif
36.gif
for Chloe crawling forward.
Aren''t those tushy shakes the cutest?
Good luck at the appt. Can''t wait to hear her stats.

Curly--
Yup, love those munchkin cups!
Ok, someone need to point me to one of you guys on FB.
I want to see those cuties!

Jas12--
36.gif
for your sister.
And how sweet it is that you are giving her BF a family stone.
Can''t wait to see pictures of it when it is resetted.

lili

Ideal_Rock
TGal--
Forgot to say that when I let her dolls drink from the cup.
J gets intrigue and grabs the cup and start feeding her dolls herself.
Then after feeding them, she''ll take a sip herself.

Bobo--
Sounds like little B is a stuntman in the making
5.gif

Did you guys get him the helmet?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi ladies, I miss ya gals!

At the airport now and can''t wait to get home!

Pavelover, thank you. Things are going well today. I had a big, important meeting and it went well. I always believe in being relaxed and making a joke here and there, and that''s what I did. I work for a company that is well known. However, our division is not. The joke was that my dad was so proud when I got a job at company X but thought I''d be selling the products they are known for. I did the joke complete with the Korean gruff accent in what he said and potential customer found it hilarious! She then asked me what my dad now thought of X and Y (current products and companies). All of the sudden I got choked up. I couldn''t speak about my dad in the present tense. He''s been gone for a year. I''m trying desperatately to say something, anything and fortunately my boss stepped in (he knew about my dad and the anniversary). Fortunately I recovered a few seconds later. The biggest downer would be to say my dad passed away a year ago to a HUGE potential customer!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
janine, yay for Chloe crawling! Time to baby proof the house!

curly, congrats on the second bedroom! Happy 9 months to Lucy!

Hi everyone!
35.gif
Things have been busy here and I haven''t been able to keep up with the two mommy threads. D is doing great! I can''t believe he''s 9 months tomorrow! He sits well, stands with assistance, and rolls around like crazy. Sometimes when he''s on his tummy he''ll put his butt up. He''s not crawling yet but I''m in no rush for him to be mobile! He smiles all the time, even to strangers! I think he saves the big baby laughs for mommy and daddy, which we love! We can never get him to laugh a lot when other people are around.

D had his 9 month check up and he''s 17 pounds and 28 inches. I was expecting shots but none were given. In a month or so, D has to get a blood test done though to check if he''s anemic, since he was born early. I''m not looking forward to that. I hope it''s not too painful for him.

In a few months, I''ll have a ONE year old! CRAZY! Time flies! D''s birthday party will be in our NEW HOUSE! We''re about to close escrow on a house so we''ll be moving soon! We''re getting some work done first before we move in (hardwood floors, plantation shutters, quartz countertops, painting). It''s a very exciting and busy time!

Sorry for the snlee-centric post here. I hope to have more PS time soon!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
snlee
Congrats on the new house. You were hiding it from us. I didn''t know you were actively house hunting already.
You should take D to Disneyland for his birthday present.
2.gif
So we can hang out again. hehe.

sasa

Brilliant_Rock
lili, we didn''t get him the helmet, DH and I actually talked about the helmet
after little B''s trip to the ER to stitch up his head. The helmet only cover the back
part of the head...we need something that cover the whole head...
better yet, we need something that cover the whole body...

TGal, time will ease the pain, but the pain will never go away.
Just know he is in a better place and he is you and Amelia''s guardian angel now. *HUGS*
My father passed away 7 years ago to cancer, I was with him 24/7 the last 3 months of
his life. When he died I thought I died with him. I cried for 3 months straight after
I got back (I quit my job to fly over sea to take care him) I still get choked up whenever
I talk about him.

snlee, can''t believe D is 9 months already. Where did the time go...
Yay on new house!
36.gif
we just finished remodeling our new home and we move in today.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results