shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Fairy Dust Please for my Mom.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Suzy and Storm! Things are really better, and I couldn''t be happier.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY, so happy for you. It''s got to be a great feeling to know she''s on her way to being well. PHEW!!
12.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/8/2007 5:02:48 PM
Author: Kaleigh
YAY, so happy for you. It''s got to be a great feeling to know she''s on her way to being well. PHEW!!
12.gif
BIG Phew and a huge sigh of relief, you are absolutely right Kaleigh!!

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy - I missed all of this, but I just wanted to say that I am so glad that your mom is doing better and that I am so impressed with how well you held yourself (and everyone else!) together. You are clearly a strong woman and a loving daughter. I hope that the you can get a break and have some "you" time soon!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/8/2007 4:59:09 PM
Author: Gypsy
Thank you Suzy and Storm! Things are really better, and I couldn''t be happier.
36.gif
2.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Just think, your new bling will be the light at the end of the tunnel! Yay for you, yay for your mom...yay, yay, yay all around!!! I am so happy for you!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
emthup.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I'm so happy for the good news about your Mom. Now take care of yourself, Layla. Things really do seem on the mend
36.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope all is continuing to go well, Layla!

Deb
34.gif

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Layla - I am so sorry I haven''t posted on this thread until now...I was all wedding/honeymoon overwhelmed.

Point of the matter - I''m glad to read that your mom is doing well, and I''m so sorry for all that you and your family went through.

You''ll be in my thoughts!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay, I am so happy for you! What a relief; you are such a good daughter.
12.gif

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy I haven't posted on this thread in a long while but I have been thinking a lot about you, and your Mom and your family. I'm so happy to hear that your Mom is on the mend.

I welled up when you wrote that she remembered you singing to her. You are such a wonderful person, I am amazed at your strength through all of this.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
So glad to read that things are going well.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
How is your mom doing Gypsy? I have been thinking of her.
12.gif

ETA: I hope you don't mind me bumping it; I just didn't feel right asking in your ring thread.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How wonderful she''s doing well! Kudos to your strength personally & in your relationship with each other.
36.gif
30.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
HI Skippy!

Shes back, personality wise. LOL. Fiesty and causing trouble.
Physically, the lower back vertabrea they wanted to go in and do an anterior fusion on (before all the complications) is giving her some trouble, so the doctors are reserving judgment on it pending the halo removal (the extra weight on her head might be putting pressure on the lower back and causing the screws in the vertabrea to shift badly... you can already see a shift in the x-ray). SHe''s way to weak for another surgery though, and frankly does NOT want one. This really scared the heck out of her.
She''s lost a ton of weight, and is weak, and the fate of her neck and back are unclear as she has the halo on still... and will for a few weeks yet.
She''s allowed soft foods now, but her swallowing continues to be a problem.
She had a painful procedure to remove the remaining liquid in her lungs last week, which was hard on all of us, but it''s made a dramatic improvement her her energy and health.... to the extent that they are talking about releasing her from the hospital possibly this week.

She''s opted to go home, instead of into a rehab facility. There will be home nursing for her and daily physical therapy... and it has the benifit of being better for her emotional well being, as she is really REALLY depressed at the hospital right now, and that''s not helping.

Her pain is better though, and overall, the baby steps she''s taken have produced good strong results, so I''m hoping for a great recovery. It''s hard to tell though, what will happen once that halo comes off.

Thanks for the inquiry you all are so sweet and thoughtful and caring. I''ve honestly just been... well, drained. This has taken a bit of a toll on me, and I''m having constant nagging headaches, am cold much of the time, and well, am a little depressed myself. It''s just really taken it''s toll on everyone... most especially Mom and Frank. But the rest of us too.

I hope to continue to have good news to provide once she goes home. I''d worried about it as , if it wasn''t for her mental health, I''d much prefer her to go to a rehab facility where they will continue to monitor her and push her. I''m afraid that if she goes home, her progess will slow down. Still, it''s her decision, and it''s her judgement about her health that counts.

It''s been really nice spending time with her. I really missed her, despite the fact that she can be a PITA (see my ''when famlies go bad'' thread in BWW for details of this). I missed my mommy.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, thanks for the update. I had been wondering how things were going ever since the "micro" update in here a few pages back.

Hang in there miss.
2.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
It all can be very emotional. My mom did not want to stay in the hospital any longer than she had to too! They had her in a rehab center and my mom could not stand it, so hopefully she can go for PT after she gets home. I don't blame her; being in a hospital makes you feel like you lose a bit of your independence. Great news and you are a wonderful daughter! I will continue to keep you all in my prayers for continued progress. Thanks for the update!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy I''m glad to hear she''s on the recovery road. I have been thinking about you guys and am glad to see she''s back to feisty (although I am not glad to hear that it''s directed towards your wedding, LOL).
2.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I know how hard it can be when your mommy is sick, Gypsy! Hang in there. It sounds like she is on the road to recovery.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was really good to get an update, Gypsy. It does seem as if this has been going on for a very long time. If it can seem like that to an outsider, I can only imagine how much it must have drained you and John, your mother and Frank. Feeling cold and depressed sounds about right for anyone who has been through anything so tough.

I commend you on supporting your mother's decision to be where she wants to be for her further rehabilitation. It would feel a lot safer to me, too, if my mother chose a rehab facility over home...and after she had a hip replacement, she did!

The best of luck to all of you!

Deb
34.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, thanks so much for the update. I''m glad to hear your mom has her personality back, like it or not that is a good thing!
2.gif
It''s good to hear also that you''re enjoying spending some time with her, I know you missed her a lot and I''m sure she''s happy you are there with her to help her through this very difficult recovery period. She needs someone she can just (to be blunt) crap on, cry to, express herself to candidly, etc. that she feels very comfortable with and you''ve been her rock throughout this.

Wanted to tell you that after my dad''s most extensive surgery (the 14-15 hour one) and his stint in ICU, he had no choice but to go to a rehab facility/nursing home there in Rochester, MN. My parents live in Indiana but chose the Mayo Clinic to do his surgery. The only other option they had was to drive him home and hope that their insurance (personal, as he is self-employed) would cover the cost of home health care, but the trip would''ve likely been too hard on him and could''ve caused him to die. Sooo, he had to stay in the rehab facility for I think 4 weeks and hated every minute of it. It was quite an ordeal for both him and my mother, and frankly I don''t know how either of them got through it. He would''ve been much happier and comfortable in his own home but that was just not feasible at the time. So I tend to think it''s better for your mom that she IS home and I don''t think her care will be compromised at all. Rather, I think it may be that much better because people are being paid to come into her home and do their job under probably closer scrutiny by the patient herself and her family, it''s a more controlled environment than a hospital/facility where there are many other patients under the care of just a few nurses/health care providers.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hi gypsy, i just read your update on your mom and it sounds bittersweet. there appears to be some good news, but even so the ordeal appears to be far from over. i cannot begin to imagine the toll this has taken on all of you, despite your indications. i''ll keep you and your family in my thoughs, and continued best wishes.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello everyone,

You all amaze me with your support and kindness. Thank you so much for all the good wishes and continued interest. It is bittersweet... mostly because there is no indication that this surgery will fix the problems caused by the last one, and the physical impact of her condition now. I am supporting her decision for homecare... and it is so important to hear your experiences with rehabilitation centers. Knowing how difficult and depressing they can be makes it easier for me, in my heart, to be comfortable with the decision.

I forgot how energizing all your positive energy is... I feel better just reading your posts. Thank you, all of you!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I'm really glad to hear that your mom continues to make improvements! What a relief!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you snlee!

Mom has changed her mind and is going to give rehab a try. Apparently my cousins and my aunts were very worried about her going home, and talked her into it. Was a complete surprise to me, as the day before she had been adamant about going home. She''s being transfered on or before Monday, from what I understand. I haven''t been able to see her this week. She had lots of visitors and told me not to come up cause she had company. Then John is sick yesterday and today... so I''m not going up till tomorrow. Either to the hospital or to the rehab center in Walnut Creek. I''m hoping this is a good move for her.
emrose.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m late in chiming in here Laya, so glad your Mom has decided to go to rehab, it''s going to be such a huge help to her going forward. I''m sorry John is sick, hoping he feels better soon.
1.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2007 8:04:35 PM
Author: Kaleigh
I''m late in chiming in here Laya, so glad your Mom has decided to go to rehab, it''s going to be such a huge help to her going forward. I''m sorry John is sick, hoping he feels better soon.
1.gif
Thank you for the support and good wishes Kaleigh.
4.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/26/2007 7:57:54 PM

Mom has changed her mind and is going to give rehab a try. Apparently my cousins and my aunts were very worried about her going home, and talked her into it. Was a complete surprise to me, as the day before she had been adamant about going home. She''s being transfered on or before Monday, from what I understand.

This is very good news, Layla! I am so glad that she will be getting good care and that you will be getting peace of mind!

PS-I send get well wishes to John, too!

Deborah
34.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/26/2007 7:57:54 PM
Thank you snlee!

Mom has changed her mind and is going to give rehab a try. Apparently my cousins and my aunts were very worried about her going home, and talked her into it. Was a complete surprise to me, as the day before she had been adamant about going home. She''s being transfered on or before Monday, from what I understand. I haven''t been able to see her this week. She had lots of visitors and told me not to come up cause she had company. Then John is sick yesterday and today... so I''m not going up till tomorrow. Either to the hospital or to the rehab center in Walnut Creek. I''m hoping this is a good move for her.
emrose.gif
Wishing your mother the best as always...
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results