shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Fairy Dust Please for my Mom.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gyps, I am so happy I was able to do something to make you smile and that is superb news that your Mom is doing so well!! That is hilarious with the rodent tiles!!
9.gif

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
emotion-19.gif
emthup.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2007 4:35:52 PM
Author: Gypsy

She doesn''t remember anything but her nightmares and so forth from the last few weeks… although oddly enough she remembers my singing to her.
Oh Gypsy, that''s because that was worth remembering.
2.gif

YAY!!!! I''m just so happy for you and your mom.
36.gif
Hopefully things will just continue to look up. Hang in there!

And btw, do you KNOW how lucky you are to have that guy helping you?!
2.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Layla, I am so happy that I could cry! After all the pain and fear, she is getting better! Thank God! I am so happy!

Love,
Deb
34.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW. Thank you all for your wonderful posts. I am so happy to give you all good news and have you share in that, as you''ve shared in the bad with me. You are all so generous and wonderful, and such truly amazing friends.

I stupidly took a 1/2 hour nap when I got home... then stayed up REALLY late reading a book so I''m absolutely sleep walking today. But I''ve got a silly grin on my face because this morning I talked to my mom-- ON THE PHONE! Her voice/talking has improved enough so that I can (mostly) understand her on the phone and it was so nice to talk to her this morning and not a nurse... AND she was in her NON-ICU room! I talked to the Dr. last night and she''s at the hospital for another week at least. They would really like to have her able to eat/swallow before the release her and she needs to build some strength up. Her lungs are better too. So I''m very excited to go visit her today. It will be lovely to spend sometime with her again. I think I''m going to go up on Friday and spend the night in her room too, although I will discuss that with her tonight. I missed my mommy. I admit it.
9.gif

Thank you all for getting me through this really tough time. I can express what a difference your support made. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
awesome that she is talking on the phone!!
Prayers continue for a full and complete recovery!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh great news; I am glad she is improving little by little. I am so happy for you all
12.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
So glad to hear the good news! Have a great day!!!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Glad to hear that she is improving!!!! That is great news! Hope the rest of your family is doing well also.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
That''s great news!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY!!! That''s wonderful news Layla!!!
36.gif

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Awww, I''m so happy for you! It sounds like your mom is speeding along on the road to recovery, and I hope you get to spend Fri night in her room. I bet she missed you too!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY! I''m so glad to read all the awesome news! I hope your mom continues to improve quickly! And I''m glad the drama seems to have calmed down, too! (Hooray for John for his mean but calm talk!)

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, I am so very excited for you and your mom! Such amazing news!

~K

P.S. I''m lovin'' the fall leaves too, it may still be 85 where we live but it''s fall in my mind!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Layla, I''m just ecstatic for you and your mom. Your joy really comes through in the tone of your posts these past couple days since she''s steadily improved!
36.gif
I''m glad we PSr''s could be here for you in bad times and in good times, it''s wonderful that you''ve had a place to talk things out. To clarify one thing about my experiences: my dad''s last surgery was in 2005, and he''s been cancer-free since then. So it''s been a couple of years since I''ve "closed the book" on my saga, but I''m glad I got to remember some of the things about it even if they were not so positive. The most positive thing that came out of all of it, aside from my dad''s health being restored of course, was that my dad and I had never really been close on an adult level before he got sick...but when I went through everything with his cancer and operations and had the opportunity to really converse with him as a "grown-up" and do things for him that I''d never done before, we really bonded on a whole new level and gained new respect for each other. I imagine you and your mom will have that as well, she trusts you now to take care of her and that is huge. It''s an amazing feeling when we can give back to our parents what they''ve given us for so many years (even if at times we''ve had rocky relationships). As for my "crazy" relatives who preached fire and brimstone over my dad''s bed...they honestly thought they were helping but that does not excuse their behavior. OTOH, I remember one night when a group of amateur singers came into his room and sang a few soothing and beautiful hymns, he had tears in his eyes almost because it made him so happy and gave him some comfort. So, there were some bad times, but also some very good times that happened during his experiences pre- and post-ICU.

Keep taking good care of yourself, Layla, you and your mom continue to be in my thoughts and I''m thinking very positively for you both!!!
35.gif

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
I''m glad to hear your mom is improving, Gypsy!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh i am so glad your mom is doing better. what a trying experience. i hope it only continues to get better from here on out.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lookit all the posts! I''m so glad to share the happy news with you all!

Went and visited Mom last night. With her walker she can walk from her bed to the door... assisted but is getting stronger. AND her swallowing has improved to the point that she''s allowed liquids!!
3.gif
Not as nutrition, but as exercise for the atrophied muscles in her throat and jaw. Talking is also good therapy for her muscles so we talked for a few hours... and just generally spent time with her which was lovely. I did realize that while the worst is over... the road ahead is going to be a difficult one, not so much for us at all, we''ll be there to support her, but for her... she''s got a lot of recovery and rehabilitation to do. She said that swallowing right now is harder for her than walking. She managed to do so 4 times while I was there, and I was really surprised at how hard and how tiring it was for her. Still she''s made great strides in the last week, and if she continues to do so in the week to come... she''ll be home soon.

She did ask for me to find her a home nurse, for when she is released. I''m thinking I need to go through the insurance for that, so I''ll be looking into that this weekend, and seeing what I can find.

She doesn''t want me to spend the night at the hospital at all. She was very adamant about that, and would prefer for me to come during the day on Saturday, than at night. I think someone''s snitched (and I know it wasn''t John) about my burning the candle at both ends a bit, cause she was really REALLY insistent that I get more rest. It''s good to have her back... but BOY is she BOSSY!
9.gif
This has brought us closer already, oddly enough. And as Monnie said, it has forced us interact on an adult to adult level... and made me appreciate and admire her, not just as my mother, but as a person too.

Thank you all for the continued positive energy, so very much. ((HUGS)) and ((BIGGER HUGS)) and many many thanks!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/5/2007 1:44:19 AM
Author: Gypsy
Lookit all the posts! I''m so glad to share the happy news with you all!

Went and visited Mom last night. With her walker she can walk from her bed to the door... assisted but is getting stronger. AND her swallowing has improved to the point that she''s allowed liquids!!
3.gif
Not as nutrition, but as exercise for the atrophied muscles in her throat and jaw. Talking is also good therapy for her muscles so we talked for a few hours... and just generally spent time with her which was lovely. I did realize that while the worst is over... the road ahead is going to be a difficult one, not so much for us at all, we''ll be there to support her, but for her... she''s got a lot of recovery and rehabilitation to do. She said that swallowing right now is harder for her than walking. She managed to do so 4 times while I was there, and I was really surprised at how hard and how tiring it was for her. Still she''s made great strides in the last week, and if she continues to do so in the week to come... she''ll be home soon.

She did ask for me to find her a home nurse, for when she is released. I''m thinking I need to go through the insurance for that, so I''ll be looking into that this weekend, and seeing what I can find.

She doesn''t want me to spend the night at the hospital at all. She was very adamant about that, and would prefer for me to come during the day on Saturday, than at night. I think someone''s snitched (and I know it wasn''t John) about my burning the candle at both ends a bit, cause she was really REALLY insistent that I get more rest. It''s good to have her back... but BOY is she BOSSY!
9.gif
This has brought us closer already, oddly enough. And as Monnie said, it has forced us interact on an adult to adult level... and made me appreciate and admire her, not just as my mother, but as a person too.

Thank you all for the continued positive energy, so very much. ((HUGS)) and ((BIGGER HUGS)) and many many thanks!!!
I''m so happy to hear that there have been such positive strides in your mother''s condition! Big super sigh of relief here! Layla, you sound like a brand new woman, and I think that pretty soon when your mom gets back home she''ll feel the same. You are right that the recovery stage will be a lot of difficult work and I think it won''t be very pleasant, but that is a step in the right direction nonetheless. Things like this take lots of time and all the patience in the world but you''ve learned that by now. Just having your mom back home will be a comfort to all involved...

Yup, she will be bossy, and wanting to get back into her everyday scheme of things, but don''t let that distract you from helping her out quite a bit even though she will want to do everything on her own. Whoops, I''m sure you''ve already heard what I just said from the nurses or you will upon her release. Argh, it''s hard for me to keep m mouth shut! I''m just so glad that things are turning out well for your mother and you, I''m done for the time being giving advice unless you come back and ask for it.

Layla, you''ve got such gumption and spirit, you are surely the apple of your mother''s eye and I bet she''s so proud of you. Please remember that during this transitional time, because I can just about damn-guarantee (sorry, southern expression) that she''ll start fighting you tooth and nail when she starts feeling strong enough. That is a good thing that she shows fight, but don''t let it cause probs between you, just remember back when you were first earning your wings as a teenager..you can compare it to that almost. You''re one of the best and most giving daughters I''ve ever met online or anywhere else and I know your parents must be so happy with and proud of you...John is one lucky man to have you by his side. You take care of yourself now, ya hear? LOL! Seriously, though, I have grown so fond of you in the last few weeks aside from diamond and jewelry talk...I''m so glad to have gotten to know you and I really do think your family and your husband is fortunate to have you in their lives, you are such a sweet soul.
36.gif
35.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Layla, Your recent postings have been so detailed that I have felt that I have been seeing your mother positively leap through changes each day. I can't believe that she is walking, talking, swallowing, and bossing you around! She sounds really, really good...despite the long row she has to hoe. (I heard you about the swallowing.) Thank you for sharing in such great detail.

On the other hand, remember what many of us have told you before: you do not have to spend a lot of time writing to us! Just as you do not need to address each of us personally, you do not have to write up each contact you have with your mother. We know you are very, very tired. We are glad for every update, but do not burden yourself with feeling that every posting has to be a long and beautifully written essay!

We are all very happy for you, your mother, John, and ourselves!

Hugs,
Deb
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/5/2007 2:33:55 AM
Author: monarch64
Seriously, though, I have grown so fond of you in the last few weeks aside from diamond and jewelry talk...I''m so glad to have gotten to know you and I really do think your family and your husband is fortunate to have you in their lives, you are such a sweet soul.

I think you speak for many of us, monarch.

Deb
34.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2007 9:08:57 AM
Author: AGBF

Seriously, though, I have grown so fond of you in the last few weeks aside from diamond and jewelry talk...I''m so glad to have gotten to know you and I really do think your family and your husband is fortunate to have you in their lives, you are such a sweet soul.

Deb
34.gif
Thritto!

Monarch puts it best, and we all love you, Layla!

Thanks for sharing with us and for letting us be a part of your life.

Many prayers for your mom''s continued improvement!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2007 12:43:14 PM
Author: Harleigh

Deb
34.gif
Thritto!

You amaze me. All of you. I love you all too. Very much. Thank you so much for your kind words, they humble me.
4.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2007 12:43:14 PM
Author: Harleigh

Deb
34.gif
Thritto!

well said!

Prayers continue!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awwwe, we heart you tons Gypsy! Glad you more is improving. I hope you have done something nice for yourself.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
I''m so happy to read your mom''s "progress report". She is coming along so well
36.gif
36.gif

You and John have done an amazing job in co-ordinating the whole process including bossy relatives and the now infamous Dr. J. Give each other a few good pats on the back; you deserve them
17.gif
17.gif

Now, do as your mom says: sleep, relax and have some fun. Okay, having fun is my idea
11.gif

I have to add my love for you to the others''
30.gif
. You have definitely had many trying experiences which would have knocked me out, but you just keep going and going...even more powerful than the Energizer bunny
1.gif

IMO, you''ve earned everything great that could possible come to you
36.gif
. You rock, girl!!!!( borrowing from my GD''s lexicon
1.gif
)

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Wow, talk about progress...your mom is a fighter, just like you Layla! Take care.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thinking about you guys Gypsy.
12.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Skippy and Wow, I took your words and advice to heart and had a wondeful weekend. Visted my grandparents on Saturday afternoon, grandma was very insistent I was to take her to the hospital, but we (family effort, even my mom got involved) fended her off with the promise that my uncle (much better equiped to deal with my grandma) will take her later this week or this coming weekend. Grandpa was well, both wanted news.

Then we went to the hospital and mom is even better now. Her spirits were better and she had progressed to ''pureed'' food (think baby food)... ger vocal cords were swollen so we kept conversation to a minimum, which was fine as she is really fatigued anyway, and gets up a several times a day, and needs a nap afterward. So we stayed and were just with her, and it was really nice just being there. They''ve moved her to a ''regular'' room now as she''s improving, and it has a lovely view of SF, which she likes, she''s got flowers now (I brought her some happy Gerbers as they always make me smile, and quite a few folks has sent other lovely arrangements) and generally can see appreciable evidence of her progress.

On Sunday we got up had a lovely breakfast, snuggled all day and watched movies and DVR''d shows-- i was on PS all day! Then John made me a FABULOUS duck dinner (Alton Brown''s ''Mighty Duck'' recipe with the wilted chard... SO GOOD), and we just spent the whole day relaxing. And I feel much more energized today. I didn''t want yesterday to end it was so lovely.

So I''m going to the hospital tomorrow, and will be calling her later today to chat briefly with her.

All in all... your thoughts and prayers and dustings were the BEST medicine and just what the doctor ordered. Things are steadily improving and I''m just so happy, and so blessed to have you all there for me through the good and the bad!

35.gif

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
So glad your grey skies are beginning to clear up!
2.gif

Your news just keeps on getting better and better!

36.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad for the continued good news!!
Prayers continue!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results