shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Book Club

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Shall we say a 5 chapter thread? Chapters 1-5 , then 6-10? etc? If so I'll start it so it's there in the library

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
dragonfly411 said:
Shall we say a 5 chapter thread? Chapters 1-5 , then 6-10? etc? If so I'll start it so it's there in the library

Sounds good Dragonfly... I'm up to chapter 4 already, so i'll be ready to contribute pretty soon! :wavey:

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
There are quite a few chapters - something like 33+. Do we maybe want to do the threads in 10 chapter increments? Or, we could do threads for "First Period" and "Second Period". I just worry that if we do a thread for every 5 chapters arbitrarily, a chapter will end right in the middle of a plot point and then we won't be able to discuss it in that thread because we don't want to spoil it for others. Breaking it up where the book is naturally broken up could work better. We could also break First and Second Period up into smaller sections if necessary.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is really cool. I'm not a schedule reader either. I'm more of a hoarding reader. I read everything in one sitting. But I think this is great. And I might pick up the moonstone and read it for fun. Maybe you guys can do an additional thread, when you read a winner for folks that aren't in the club but like to read? Like a "PS BOOK CLUB RECOMENDS" List? Let us know what you guys thought of the books, so if we want to we can pick them up and read them, even if we aren't a part of the club?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy said:
This is really cool. I'm not a schedule reader either. I'm more of a hoarding reader. I read everything in one sitting. But I think this is great. And I might pick up the moonstone and read it for fun. Maybe you guys can do an additional thread, when you read a winner for folks that aren't in the club but like to read? Like a "PS BOOK CLUB RECOMENDS" List? Let us know what you guys thought of the books, so if we want to we can pick them up and read them, even if we aren't a part of the club?

Love this idea.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy said:

I like this idea too. I like the idea of a book club, but I'd be afraid of falling behind, not having as much time as I thought to read and participate, etc.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I think that might be a great idea! Sort of like Oprah's recommends?

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Great, I'm in! I'll try to pick up the Moonstone tomorrow. Did you guys decide on what day we're supposed to "meet"?

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elrohwen said:
There are quite a few chapters - something like 33+. Do we maybe want to do the threads in 10 chapter increments? Or, we could do threads for "First Period" and "Second Period". I just worry that if we do a thread for every 5 chapters arbitrarily, a chapter will end right in the middle of a plot point and then we won't be able to discuss it in that thread because we don't want to spoil it for others. Breaking it up where the book is naturally broken up could work better. We could also break First and Second Period up into smaller sections if necessary.
I'd like larger increments if possible. Five at a time out of a total of 33 sounds too frequent to me.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Don't know if this has been mentioned already, but the Moonstone is free on iBooks!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I'll probably have to set out for The Moonstone--too busy with moving--but I will be in the next round. Great idea! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results