shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Book Club

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think we should have a PS Book Club. I have a real life book club, which I LOVE, but wouldn't it be fun to have a PS Book Club? You are some of the most intelligent, insightful people I know. I'd love to share the experience of reading books with you, too.

It could be nice and slow, no rush to read a huge amount at any given time. We discuss just about everything else on here, why not shared books?

Anyone interested?

(I posted this in Hangout because Library is so infrequently visited.)

jas

Brilliant_Rock
I'm in!

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Great idea Haven! I'm in.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Love the idea!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
That would be fun, but I'm afraid of committing to something I might not be able to keep up with.

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
I am totally *in*!

lydia

Rough_Rock
Great idea! I'm interested. :read:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Would toooooooootally do it! Would we want it to be gem-oriented, or ...? 'Cause I have a list of recs as long as my arm. :rodent:

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Oh yay a book club! I'm in!

ETA I've never been in one before. How does it work? Who decides what we read? Do we vote or rotate between members?

Maybe this is the excuse I need to finally get a Kindle :Up_to_something:

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Great idea, Haven! I've often thought that I'd love to be in a book club with you.

Porridge . . . get the Kindle ( :Up_to_something: ).

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Kittybean, you fiend! I honestly don't know how the Amazon site popped open just now...must go to bed before any permanent damage is done...

April20

Ideal_Rock
I am in!!

But I like trash. Mystery and thriller trash. I'm just warnin' ya. I mean, I'll read meaningful stuff too, but i really love literary junk food. :cheeky:

April20

Ideal_Rock
Porridge said:
Oh yay a book club! I'm in!

ETA I've never been in one before. How does it work? Who decides what we read? Do we vote or rotate between members?

Maybe this is the excuse I need to finally get a Kindle :Up_to_something:

I was just thinking that whatever is read should be available on Kindle. I travel a ton and carrying books is too cumbersome. You should get the Kindle for sure!! So convenient!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely! Now that I have time to read real books again, I'm so eager to start...but I had no idea what to start with. This is perfect!

Rae~

Shiny_Rock
I'd be in if it were a Non-Fiction Book Club..... 8)

Otherwise, if it's Fiction.... I'd probably buy the books and never finish them! I've done that before.... :oops:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm so happy you're all interested!

The great thing about a book club is that we can read whatever we want to read. I'm in for anything. Let's start throwing out suggestions.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I don't have any suggestions for book titles (yet) but I would love it if we mix things up -- one month, a fiction bestseller; the next, a nonfiction history book; the next, some classic from the canon, etc. People can jump in if they're interested or sit out if they're not, but I think it would be great to have a broad range of styles and subjects. Thoughts?

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I would love to!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Octavia said:
I don't have any suggestions for book titles (yet) but I would love it if we mix things up -- one month, a fiction bestseller; the next, a nonfiction history book; the next, some classic from the canon, etc. People can jump in if they're interested or sit out if they're not, but I think it would be great to have a broad range of styles and subjects. Thoughts?
Oooh, yes, I agree that mixing it up would be fun!

Should we start with something gem oriented, as that is the interest that brought us all together in the first place? Circe, I'd love to see your list!

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
I would love to participate in this PS book club! To be perfectly honest, I have no idea how much time I'll have for non-school-related reading once I start my classes next month (so me joining in this book club may be short-lived :(( ) but I'm going to do my best because I think it could be great! :))

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I'm in. I've never been in a book club but it always sounded like a lot of fun. Great idea Haven!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
im in!

and gems sound like fun, it wouldnt have to be non-fiction either, it could be some old-school mystery about a missing diamond...i dont know any titles but i know they're out there =)

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Oooh i know what im thinking of - the moonstone by Wilkie Collins :bigsmile: i havent read it but have enjoyed another of his works...

Anyone interested could check it out here:

http://www.amazon.ca/Moonstone-Wilkie-C ... 070&sr=1-2

it would be free i assume on project gutenberg or some such?

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Great idea! I'm in! I'll read whatever.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh most definitely!

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
I'm in. I love reading

OK I recommend this book, not sure if you've ever heard of it.. "Twilight" ?? :lol: ;)) ;)) kidding.

I won't participate I don't think... but I would love to see some suggestions for books in here. I'm running out of books I haven't read... :mrgreen:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Signing up for "in!" I'll be a total follower--I really do not discriminate as far as reading material so I will happily read whatever is decided upon. I just love to read, and I can't think of better people to suggest material than fellow PSr's! Thanks, Haven, for posting this thread! Exciting!!! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results