shape
carat
color
clarity

Provence Gems on Alibaba

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I heard about Provence Gems on Reddit and decided to check them out. I have been really happy with Tianyu but thought I’d try something different. This was a standard piece for them so I figured it would be a good one to start with.

I have a platinum diamond band to go with my platinum moissanite solitaire but didn’t have a stone band to go with the yellow gold one. Enter this ring!

My order was placed with Tina on 12/28 and arrived on 1/14. We first communicated via Alibaba chat but then moved to wechat. I paid via Alibaba which wasn’t difficult. With shipping, it was under $200 USD. I love it!

Have others purchased from Provence? I know one PSer is waiting for a finished ring.

970F237F-57C0-4B60-A0A6-4908621AE83A.jpeg 966DCC6C-573F-476D-B37C-E639430C888B.jpeg 92109AB1-7973-4D8F-997A-84AF4A91CE16.jpeg
2F9322BD-D36A-4D35-89A9-3B7635B38FA9.jpeg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really pretty! Love it with your solitaire and at that price you can't beat it!

tonielle

Rough_Rock
Looks great!!! I’m the one waiting for my final product from Provence. I got a quote from both Tianyu and SG for the same ring. Provence was nearly $300 less than both other companies!

There is a member on reddit that has gotten many pieces done from them, some of them REALLY complex and detailed, and they’ve been able to nail it every time.

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I look forward to seeing the finished product, @tonielle! Your CAD looked great. And $300 less - wow.

Curious to know if anyone else has tried Provence?

tonielle

Rough_Rock
Got photos from Flora for my wedding set!!!

Inspiration
7C36131C-F178-4EAE-9E89-5569914F579A.jpeg

CAD
EB2A25AA-6AB0-481F-8149-E2C8668E797B.jpeg

Photos and videos sent to me: https://imgur.com/a/m94BC2h

The setting is definitely higher than I like, but it’s no biggy. I also like the prongs to be a bit more wider set in the profile view, but again, no biggy. Maybe it doesn’t look wide enough due to the height. It looks very similar to this ring https://www.instagram.com/p/Bmte1FVg-ou/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1ukbzhhhi9d3m which is higher set, and I think it’s gorgeous!!

The video of the 2 rings together made me say “ship it!” It looks beautiful together and the prongs and height didn’t bother me anymore lol

Last edited:

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@tonielle - it’s gorgeous! I can see why it’s set the height that it is. If you’re good with it, that’s all that matters. It’s so pretty.

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
So I got a quote to have Provence make this ring with YG and their synthetic rubies. I only asked for half eternity, but they didn't mention that in the quote so I don't know if the quote was for full eternity or half. In any case, I thought the price was pretty good. Has anyone looked at their ruby selection? I don't know a lot about rubies, but I thought they looked nice. I have seen a couple of folks on Reddit get rings from them with colored stones, and they turned out great. Also another question (which is unrelated)--anyone here have a Provence OEC?
18K-Rose-Gold-bezel-set-moissanite-wedding.jpg

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE this. Love how substantial the band is. It honestly seems hard to find anything more than about 2-2.5mm from US vendors (thinking Etsy mostly). And the price definitely cannot be beat.
I heard about Provence Gems on Reddit and decided to check them out. I have been really happy with Tianyu but thought I’d try something different. This was a standard piece for them so I figured it would be a good one to start with.

I have a platinum diamond band to go with my platinum moissanite solitaire but didn’t have a stone band to go with the yellow gold one. Enter this ring!

My order was placed with Tina on 12/28 and arrived on 1/14. We first communicated via Alibaba chat but then moved to wechat. I paid via Alibaba which wasn’t difficult. With shipping, it was under $200 USD. I love it!

Have others purchased from Provence? I know one PSer is waiting for a finished ring.

970F237F-57C0-4B60-A0A6-4908621AE83A.jpeg 966DCC6C-573F-476D-B37C-E639430C888B.jpeg 92109AB1-7973-4D8F-997A-84AF4A91CE16.jpeg
2F9322BD-D36A-4D35-89A9-3B7635B38FA9.jpeg

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So I got a quote to have Provence make this ring with YG and their synthetic rubies. I only asked for half eternity, but they didn't mention that in the quote so I don't know if the quote was for full eternity or half. In any case, I thought the price was pretty good. Has anyone looked at their ruby selection? I don't know a lot about rubies, but I thought they looked nice. I have seen a couple of folks on Reddit get rings from them with colored stones, and they turned out great. Also another question (which is unrelated)--anyone here have a Provence OEC?

I haven’t seen their colored stones or OECs but am also curious!

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I LOVE this. Love how substantial the band is. It honestly seems hard to find anything more than about 2-2.5mm from US vendors (thinking Etsy mostly). And the price definitely cannot be beat.

The longer I have this, the more I love it. It’s substantial and dainty at the same time but doesn’t get lost on the hand. I’m really happy I got it!

Last edited:

jrzgrl1119

Shiny_Rock
Hello. I was searching on Alibaba and stumbled on Provence gem. Sent them a picture to see if they could make a ring and the price seemed good. I'm having a OEC 8mm moissanite stone put in. My inspiration Screenshot_20190102-115703.png

jrzgrl1119

Shiny_Rock
Got photos from Flora for my wedding set!!!

Inspiration
7C36131C-F178-4EAE-9E89-5569914F579A.jpeg

CAD
EB2A25AA-6AB0-481F-8149-E2C8668E797B.jpeg

Photos and videos sent to me: https://imgur.com/a/m94BC2h

The setting is definitely higher than I like, but it’s no biggy. I also like the prongs to be a bit more wider set in the profile view, but again, no biggy. Maybe it doesn’t look wide enough due to the height. It looks very similar to this ring https://www.instagram.com/p/Bmte1FVg-ou/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1ukbzhhhi9d3m which is higher set, and I think it’s gorgeous!!

The video of the 2 rings together made me say “ship it!” It looks beautiful together and the prongs and height didn’t bother me anymore lol
I love your ring! It's so pretty! Hope to see pictures when you get it!

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
@jrzgrl1119 Did you get any pics or video of your loose OEC before they set it? They have an OEC video on Alibaba, but TBH, it is kind of hard to make out the center of the stone in that video.

jrzgrl1119

Shiny_Rock
I did not. After I had the video sent to me I asked for confirmation that it was OEC. Flora responded that unfortunately there had been a mix up and a hearts and arrow had been placed in the setting. Lesson learned, I should've asked for a video. She offered to have it swapped but it would have to be after the holiday. OtgeOther I could have the extra money I paid for the OEC refunded. I opted for the second option. At first I was disappointed. I've never seen an oec so maybe I wouldn't like it? Oh well. It should be here on Tuesday

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
Ah, I see. Well, your ring is very beautiful with the H&A! Totally true that the OEC may not have ended up being your thing, that’s a good way of looking at it. With the H&A, it looks to be pretty identical to your inspiration. :love: And who knows, maybe there will be a future project for an OEC if you still want one.

Lanasiv

Rough_Rock

How much did they quote you, if you mind sharing.

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
Sure. The price range for the ring on Alibaba is $180-255, and Flora quoted me about $200 + shipping. I believe I have read there is also an Alibaba fee in the 3-5% range, though I can’t remember exactly how much.

Lanasiv

Rough_Rock
Thank you
Sure. The price range for the ring on Alibaba is $180-255, and Flora quoted me about $200 + shipping. I believe I have read there is also an Alibaba fee in the 3-5% range, though I can’t remember exactly how much.

tonielle

Rough_Rock
I received pictures and a video of my ring today. I had two bands made for either side of the ring

Your rings look great! It seems like they do really well with complex designs! How long did it take from initial payment until ship date for you?

I swear this process has felt soooo long for me lol! I made a deposit on Jan 4 and they shipped it Jan 24. According to the tracking I should get it tomorrow (Jan 28 )

jrzgrl1119

Shiny_Rock
Your rings look great! It seems like they do really well with complex designs! How long did it take from initial payment until ship date for you?

I swear this process has felt soooo long for me lol! I made a deposit on Jan 4 and they shipped it Jan 24. According to the tracking I should get it tomorrow (Jan 28 )

It's very similar dates for me as well. It has seemed like a long process. ETA is the 29th for my ring!

tonielle

Rough_Rock
Finally got my rings in!!!! I love the set so much!

239E547E-65D6-4EBE-9481-E62E7EE0C6FB.jpeg

Photos and video here:
https://imgur.com/a/SrVw6Kt

Just wanted to add that everything seems to appear bigger in photos and video, and flaws are exaggerated and more noticeable. All of the small issues I had with the original videos and photos they sent me were not noticeable when I saw my ring.

Everything was perfect and the proportions look great!

So glad I went with Provence as opposed to Tianyu. I didn’t like the shape of Tianyu’s cathedrals. They were flat and flounder-like and I don’t have that with this ring!

Last edited:

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
Fabulous! Sooo pretty! They did a great job bringing your inspiration to life!

jrzgrl1119

Shiny_Rock
Finally got my rings in!!!! I love the set so much!

239E547E-65D6-4EBE-9481-E62E7EE0C6FB.jpeg

Absolutely beautiful!!❤️

Photos and video here:
https://imgur.com/a/SrVw6Kt

Just wanted to add that everything seems to appear bigger in photos and video, and flaws are exaggerated and more noticeable. All of the small issues I had with the original videos and photos they sent me were not noticeable when I saw my ring.

Everything was perfect and the proportions look great!

So glad I went with Provence as opposed to Tianyu. I didn’t like the shape of Tianyu’s cathedrals. They were flat and flounder-like and I don’t have that with this ring!

tonielle

Rough_Rock
The ring is gorgeous but unfortunately my skin is sensitive to the texture of the side stones :( I should have went with 1/2 eternity instead of 3/4 lol

jrzgrl1119

Shiny_Rock
The ring is gorgeous but unfortunately my skin is sensitive to the texture of the side stones :( I should have went with 1/2 eternity instead of 3/4 lol
I imagine that would be a common irritation. Did you have both rings made at 3/4? Hopefully you'll be able to adjust

tonielle

Rough_Rock
I imagine that would be a common irritation. Did you have both rings made at 3/4? Hopefully you'll be able to adjust
Yes, I originally wanted 1/2 but didn’t like how it looked on the cad. I asked just for the wedding band to be made 3/4 as that would spin more, but they ended up making both 3/4 which I was pleasantly surprised about! It looks great, though my finger feels sore and bruised :( I didn’t think it’d be an issue because I am used to wear rings doing everything. Never had stones go past 1/2 the band though. Live and learn.

I wonder if there’s anything to be done to make the stones feel “smoother”

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results