shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposing this weekend... Need contingency plan assistance... PLEASE.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
I am partial to the bar at the Rainbow Room. It's very quiet on a Sunday. The atmosphere is elegant and the view is spectacular.

My husband proposed to me at Erminia, a tiny candlelit restaurant on the upper east side, known for frequent proposals. It's so dark and intimate, no one had a clue what was going on at our table.

Anything weather dependent is iffy right now. We are stuck in a strange weather pattern and getting rain intermittently every day.

BTW; I have been witness to your journey towards engagement and I just want to wish you the very best of luck. I'm sure however you choose to propose, you and your intended will have a day you'll never forget.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 8/4/2003 12:57:48 PM SoonToBeEngaged wrote:

My gf and I are going to be in Manhattan this weekend for a wedding (arrive on the 8th and leave on the 10th). I am planning to propose on the 10th (I refuse to do at the wedding or before the wedding as it will take away from the bride and grooms day, Sunday we will be alone and have to ourselves).

----------------

I've been thinking. Hubby says that statement should come with it's very own warning label................BUT..........

Why not propose at the end of the wedding? Maybe I don't have the senerio correct; but, it *seems* to me that you will be attending either a family member's wedding or one of a chum from school. If that is the case, I think it would be really special to propose with family & friends around.

I understand your sensibility about the "wedding couples day". It's admirable & within good taste. That said, in my day, the Bride & Groom had a "going away". The party continued after they left. You could propose quietly in the corner; or, if you know these folks well, you could provide a final toast to the Bride & Groom & *also* to your future Bride (then down on one knee). She will be there to tell all family & friends. Only you can know your situation. If I was the Bride, I would be beaming for years knowing of the proposal at *my* wedding.

If not at the wedding, perhaps shortly after. Most people (especially out of town guests) hang around after the reception. Maybe do it then. I just think it would be special to share her new ring & status.

Just a different spin.

dbretton

Rough_Rock
Here's an alternative:

If the weather is not perfect on Sunday, don't propose. Wait for another opportunity. You only get one shot at it, and you may regrety if you proposed using "plan b".

NewlyEngaged

Shiny_Rock
Thanks again to everyone for all the words of encouragement, advice and suggestions/recommendations.

I am still crossing my fingers for the Gondola ride to work out on Sunday (weather wise I mean). BUT, if that doesn't work, you have all given me some wonderful contingincy plans to fall back on. I am not formally planning anything else. My thought at this point is that if the Gondola doesn't work out, I will play it by ear. I tend to be most successful when I do this, in work, play and life in general. Planning things works fine too, but I am comfortable playing it by ear as I am quick on my feet (usually).
tongue.gif

One of the last suggestions was to wait if the moment isn't right... Unfortunately, I kind of really need to do it this weekend. I won't see her again for two weeks (she's been living out of state for the last 11 months finishing her Doctorate) and based on some conversations, she is expecting it more in two weeks+, rather than this weekend. I REALLY want to catch her off guard. Plus, I know everyone at the hospital she is working with during her internship would love to see the ring and hear that she is engaged. It is likely she will never go back there again, unless forced (grew up in downtown Chicago and transplanted to Arkansas the last year and major culture shock).
eek.gif

I won't be near a computer at all starting tomorrow morning through Sunday night or Monday morning... I will be with my intended this evening, so no surfin' then either.
love.gif

So if you don't see a response... Don't worry. You will soon. I will AS PROMISED post pics on Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks again to everyone!
9.gif
3.gif
wavey.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Yep, my best ideas/thinking comes from "the seat of my pants". It drives my speadsheet weilding hubby crazy.

Good luck & have fun. The time is really never wrong as long as you have sense.

NewlyEngaged

Shiny_Rock
I did it! I'm (we're) ENGAGED!
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif

I will report the details in the next day or so AND post pics. Thanks to all. It went off perfectly.
tongue.gif

Be back soon.
2.gif
love.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
STBE, whoooo hoooo!!!

Congratulations!
appl.gif
I can't wait to hear the whole story.
1.gif

Confoozed

Rough_Rock
2.gif
Congratulations! All the best to you in the future! Let us know the details!
9.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 8/10/2003 11:20:40 PM SoonToBeEngaged wrote:

I did it! I'm (we're) ENGAGED!
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif

I will report the details in the next day or so AND post pics. Thanks to all. It went off perfectly.
tongue.gif

Be back soon.
2.gif
love.gif

----------------

AAAACCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK! Don't leave us hanging!

Congrats!

NewlyEngaged

Shiny_Rock
Started a new thread with details of the proposal.
tongue.gif

Titled: I Proposed! I'm Engaged!!

See there for details and pics will be posted there as well.
twirl.gif

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results