shape
carat
color
clarity

Proof That Obama Is An Elitist-He Uses Grey Poupon Mustard!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 1:10:15 AM
Author: thing2of2
Date: 11/10/2008 12:50:30 AM

Author: FrekeChild

Question: How do you all eat your tuna salad? I like mine on Triscuits and Ruffles. (I''m totally a Bread Elitist. I refuse to buy bread in a plastic bag, however FF eats it by the loaf, so I have to buy it anyway...sigh.)

Confession: I don''t really like any bread that much! I have been known to just eat tuna salad by itself! I also love it on Saltines. I LOVE Saltines. Another disgusting snack I like is a puddle of Tabasco sauce that I dip Saltines in! Hurts the tummy, though, so I don''t do it much!

ha haha, I bet that does burn your tummy!!! I LOVE tuna on saltines. My grandma used to put a dill pickle on a saltine. That was her bed time snack. I thought that was the strangest thing. HA!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay .. how do you folks keep those partial onion remains fresh afterwards?? I usually skip onion in my tuna salad because it ruins a whole darn onion. Seems wasteful. And I keep forgetting to buy relish or pickles at the grocery -- so my "tuna salad" lately has been

Tuna
Mayo
Black Pepper

Booooorring. Though Rye Triscuits are the BEST!!! Been on a big Laughing Cow cheese kick and that with the Rye Trissies
18.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok. Since pickles are often in tuna salad, I feel justified in saying that I really really really enjoy pickle and mustard sandwiches. I ate my first one on a dare from friends, but I loved it!

And I also love love love saltines. Seriously. I used to live off of them when I was poor and lived alone. I lost a lot of weight.

But OMG tabasco and saltines?! Youch!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 1:16:00 AM
Author: decodelighted
Okay .. how do you folks keep those partial onion remains fresh afterwards?? I usually skip onion in my tuna salad because it ruins a whole darn onion. Seems wasteful. And I keep forgetting to buy relish or pickles at the grocery -- so my ''tuna salad'' lately has been

Tuna

Mayo

Black Pepper

Booooorring. Though Rye Triscuits are the BEST!!! Been on a big Laughing Cow cheese kick and that with the Rye Trissies
18.gif

Deco: I put mine in a baggie, then put it in a sealed tupperware like container. Otherwise, it will smell up the refridg. P U. I cook with onions a lot, so mine doesn''t last long.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deco, I always cut off the ends of the onion, chop it in half (lengthwise), peel it and then use what I need to, and throw the rest in a plastic baggie and into the fridge. So then I end up using the rest of the onion in my regular cooking within a week or two. I likey onions.
3.gif

Hmmm....onion, pickle and mustard sandwiches....

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies! I''ve used a baggie before but it always seems to collect so much condensation or something inside. Think a paper towel would help? Blerg. Gots to get some tupperware I guess!
3.gif
Probably will be cooking more now that its getting cooler. Made brownies-from-a-box tonight. And Idol isn''t even on yet. Must be PMS.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lol. Sometimes those brownie cravings just have to be satisfied. You know, I much prefer brownies that are made from a mix than from scratch? I''m not really a huge brownie girl though...

I still want tuna salad. Thing2! This is your fault!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 1:22:03 AM
Deco, I always cut off the ends of the onion, chop it in half (lengthwise), peel it and then use what I need to, and throw the rest in a plastic baggie and into the fridge. So then I end up using the rest of the onion in my regular cooking within a week or two. I likey onions.
3.gif

Hmmm....onion, pickle and mustard sandwiches....

OK Freke, now that sandwich would give me gas
23.gif
ha ha ha ha ha

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hahahahahahaha Linda!!!!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 1:33:59 AM
Lol. Sometimes those brownie cravings just have to be satisfied. You know, I much prefer brownies that are made from a mix than from scratch? I''m not really a huge brownie girl though...

I still want tuna salad. Thing2! This is your fault!

I know, me too! I think I might have to get a tuna melt for lunch! I''m not actually a huge brownie fan, but I am feeling them tonight! I ate #3 a few minutes ago!
3.gif

Linda, it really kills my stomach! But sometimes I have to have it anyways! Same goes for creamy stuff-I''m pretty much positive I''m lactose intolerant but every now and then I have to binge on something creamy!

Alright ladies, I have to get to bed! I''m going to be late again to my 9 am class...pretty sure the professor hates my guts!

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/10/2008 1:16:00 AM
Okay .. how do you folks keep those partial onion remains fresh afterwards?? I usually skip onion in my tuna salad because it ruins a whole darn onion. Seems wasteful. And I keep forgetting to buy relish or pickles at the grocery -- so my ''tuna salad'' lately has been

Tuna
Mayo
Black Pepper

18.gif
You don''t worry about it. Just tell your fabulous cook of a husband that there''s half an onion in there and you really need him to think of something to use it up. Works every time!
31.gif

Yes, I''m a spoiled rotten only-occasionally-cooking elitist!!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Karen....you are spoiled.

And isn''t it really early/late where you live? (Or do you just get up insanely early in the morning?)

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/10/2008 5:49:33 AM
Karen....you are spoiled.

And isn''t it really early/late where you live? (Or do you just get up insanely early in the morning?)
I get up insanely early.
24.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
6.gif
Why wasn''t THIS video circulated before the election??? That''s just sick, I''m really dissapointed.
38.gif
I hope I can get over this.... No mustard belongs in tuna. Yick.

My tuna salad

White Albacore
Hellman''s mayo
very small splash of lemon juice
pickle relish
minced white onion
celery
hard boiled egg

Yum.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 1:29:45 AM
Thanks ladies! I've used a baggie before but it always seems to collect so much condensation or something inside. Think a paper towel would help?
If cutting onions ahead of time, pack them in a plastic zipper-lock freezer bag, squeezing all the air out, then enclose in a second plastic zipper-lock freezer bag, and refrigerate, to keep everything in your fridge from tasting like onions.

When you need only a small portion of an onion, do not peel the whole onion. Cut off the size you need and peel it. The remaining portion will keep longer with the skin on it in the refrigerator.

Use pre-cut onions within 2 days.

http://whatscookingamerica.net/onion.htm

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/10/2008 7:54:16 AM
Author: Ellen
6.gif
Why wasn''t THIS video circulated before the election??? That''s just sick, I''m really dissapointed.
38.gif

My tuna salad

White Albacore
Hellman''s mayo
pickle relish
minced white onion
celery
hard boiled egg

Yum.
No no NO!!! No pickle relish, (unless it''s SOUR pickles, which pickle relish seldom is. I''m assuming you use the COMMON kind..shudder), NO EGG! That''s just EWWW!! And it''s not like Obama (or I) are using YELLOW mustard. You use a small amount of Grey Poupon - maybe a tablespoon? It''s subtle, nuanced, complex - dare I say it, quite elite. It takes an incredibly intellectual tongue to discern it, a certain...something.

(OK...I think I just made myself ill.....)
40.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 8:08:08 AM
Author: ksinger

6.gif
38.gif

My tuna salad

White Albacore
Hellman''s mayo
pickle relish
minced white onion
celery
hard boiled egg

Yum.
No no NO!!! No pickle relish, (unless it''s SOUR pickles, which pickle relish seldom is. I''m assuming you use the COMMON kind..shudder), NO EGG! That''s just EWWW!! And it''s not like Obama (or I) are using YELLOW mustard. You use a small amount of Grey Poupon - maybe a tablespoon? It''s subtle, nuanced, complex - dare I say it, quite elite. It takes an incredibly intellectual tongue to discern it, a certain...something.

40.gif
lol.gif

Sorry, that''s my recipe and I''m stickin to it. And it''s not sour pickle relish either.
wobble2.gif
9.gif

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/10/2008 8:27:33 AM

Date: 11/10/2008 8:08:08 AM

6.gif
38.gif

My tuna salad

White Albacore
Hellman''s mayo
pickle relish
minced white onion
celery
hard boiled egg

Yum.

40.gif
lol.gif

Sorry, that''s my recipe and I''m stickin to it. And it''s not sour pickle relish either.
wobble2.gif
9.gif
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHGGGGGG!!! Well, if you can''t understand why a normal person would use SOUR relish, then there''s just no point in discussing this at all. And here I thought we could have a civil discussion about tuna salad.
38.gif

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 12:45:17 AM
Author: trillionaire

ETA: Moon, you should try PB and baby carrots. A great snack, less strong tasting and slightly sweet!

Ooh, that does sound tasty!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 1:10:15 AM
Date: 11/10/2008 12:50:30 AM

Question: How do you all eat your tuna salad? I like mine on Triscuits and Ruffles. (I''m totally a Bread Elitist. I refuse to buy bread in a plastic bag, however FF eats it by the loaf, so I have to buy it anyway...sigh.)

Confession: I don''t really like any bread that much! I have been known to just eat tuna salad by itself! I also love it on Saltines. I LOVE Saltines. Another disgusting snack I like is a puddle of Tabasco sauce that I dip Saltines in! Hurts the tummy, though, so I don''t do it much!

Ha! I don''t care for bread either! I tend to eat my tuna plain or with crackers. Heck, my deli turkey sandwiches consists of me wrapping the turkey around a dill pickle and eating it like that with some chips. Other times I just put it on lettuce with some balsamic vinaigrette, sometimes with tomato. Yummie!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 8:56:48 AM

Date: 11/10/2008 8:27:33 AM

lol.gif

wobble2.gif
9.gif
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHGGGGGG!!! Well, if you can''t understand why a normal person would use SOUR relish, then there''s just no point in discussing this at all. And here I thought we could have a civil discussion about tuna salad.
38.gif
Hey, that sounds like a personal attack in disguise.
11.gif
MODS!!!!!!

9.gif
2.gif

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
LMAO!!!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2008 9:05:03 PM
Author: MoonWater
Date: 11/9/2008 8:59:42 PM

Author: coatimundi

Date: 11/9/2008 8:45:29 PM

A *little* highfalutin'', Moon?! I don''t know where you''re from, but in my parts, that''s more than a little highfalutin''! Why coati would be an absolute outcast in these here parts! They''d laugh her right off Main Street!

MAIN STREET?
23.gif

But I live high above in a land with EVs, cisterns, and solar panels!

Well, I''m off to tend to my self sustaining home unit.

TaTA!

you are so...

weird!!!

bandit.gif

creepaway3.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
This thread is making me hungry!

An old roommate of mine used to put chopped apple in her tuna salad. It was actually delicious!

I usually do tuna, onion and mayo. Keepin'' it simple.

Although I could totally go for a Dijon dressing on arugula. Yum!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
NO NO NO, sour pickle relish in tuna, it has to be sweet pickle relish.
9.gif

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Note to self: Eat tuna salad at Ellen and Linda''s house
18.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
6.gif
38.gif

My tuna salad

White Albacore
Hellman''s mayo
pickle relish
minced white onion
celery
hard boiled egg

Yum.
Ha...I would have voted for him if it was because my tuna recipe is...

White Albacore Tuna
Onion
Relish (sweet)
Celery
Grey Poupon
Best Foods Light (light blue label) mayo
Lemon juice

Gonna have to try some other tuna recipes on this thread though. Mmmm...tuna sounds really good about now and I have 10 cans that have been sitting for ages. Although, come to think about it...something that has been sitting there for ages....is that really appealing?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ladies, this is a little off topic, but what is your favorite domestic canned tuna? oil or water packed is fine.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 12:53:27 PM
Author: JulieN
ladies, this is a little off topic, but what is your favorite domestic canned tuna? oil or water packed is fine.

We like Chicken Of The Sea, packed in Water.

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
So, I''m pretty out of the loop having been out of town for the weekend, but just checking - you guys are familiar with the dijon mustard anecdote from The Audacity of Hope, right? Is that what we''re talking about here? Can''t tell. If not, there''s a funny story on pg. 49 of the paperback where his aide tries to talk him out of requesting "special" mustard while they are at a TGI Fridays. It stood out in my mind because I remember reading it thinking, what candidates go through now to try to please everyone is INSANE.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results