shape
carat
color
clarity

Proof That Obama Is An Elitist-He Uses Grey Poupon Mustard!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2008 9:17:29 PM
Author: Linda W
Date: 11/9/2008 9:12:59 PM

Author: MoonWater

ok, so does anyone collect tea paraphernalia? I don''t but it always looks so gorgeous that I want to... I need to start throwing tea parties or something.

I have a gorgeous collection of tea cups that belonged to my grandma. They were from the 1940''s and 1950''s She used to have them hanging on her dining room wall in their house in San Francisco. I have over 45 of them. They are packed away. A lot of them were made in England.

I put them away, when my grandboys were born. I didn''t want to take a chance of them being broken.

Oh wow, I wish you could post pictures. I was in Anthropologie the other day and they''re into doing things that look older than what they are (made in China lol), and they a collection of teaware that was so gorgeous I wanted to buy them all. Then it darned on me that I had no use for them. Maybe I should have tea (with a shot of brandy) parties, then people would want to come lol.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2008 9:20:10 PM

ok, so does anyone collect tea paraphernalia? I don''t but it always looks so gorgeous that I want to... I need to start throwing tea parties or something.

I have a gorgeous collection of tea cups that belonged to my grandma. They were from the 1940''s and 1950''s She used to have them hanging on her dining room wall in their house in San Francisco. I have over 45 of them. They are packed away. A lot of them were made in England.

I put them away, when my grandboys were born. I didn''t want to take a chance of them being broken.

Oh wow, I wish you could post pictures. I was in Anthropologie the other day and they''re into doing things that look older than what they are (made in China lol), and they a collection of teaware that was so gorgeous I wanted to buy them all. Then it darned on me that I had no use for them. Maybe I should have tea (with a shot of brandy) parties, then people would want to come lol.

I wish I could too. They are really beautiful and the colors on the cups are gorgeous. Some of the cups are gold rimmed, really beautiful. I could just see my grandboys, knocking them down though
23.gif

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2008 9:24:21 PM
Date: 11/9/2008 9:20:10 PM

I wish I could too. They are really beautiful and the colors on the cups are gorgeous. Some of the cups are gold rimmed, really beautiful. I could just see my grandboys, knocking them down though

23.gif

Oh yeah, I can hear the sound. I would probably cry!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I can''t stand it...

tenfour, this salmon salad...give a list of all ingredients and how to prep. Do you cook salmon fillets before hand? What''s the deal? I am so making this!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, so I've been missing out it seems.

Freke's thoughts on:

Tuna salad: mine has albacore tuna, chopped white onions, real mayo, chopped green bell peppers, salt and pepper.

Gerkins: Personally I prefer cornichons (fancy French baby pickles).

Tea: Twinnings Chamomile. With honey/sugar/brown sugar and a dash of cream. Hands down.

Mustard: I loathe yellow mustard (doesn't mean I won't eat it though), Grey Poupon is marginally better, but it's all about the spicy brown or stone ground mustard for me.

As you can see, I am definitely a food elitist (c'mon fancy french pickles? Totally elite!). (Although the only food I refuse to eat 95% of the time is raw broccoli.)

You guys (and the Obamas) have totally inspired me to play with tuna salad though. FF is leaving for 4 days and we have about 10 cans of tuna in our pantry. Woot!

And if we're making a PS recipe book, we have to have Karen's Beeritas in there!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Freke,

I detest raw broccoli. It gives me gas
9.gif

I love cucumber and cream cheese sandwiches too
36.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2008 10:47:55 PM
Author: FrekeChild

Tuna salad: mine has albacore tuna, chopped white onions, real mayo, chopped green bell peppers, salt and pepper.

YUM.

Am I the only one that enjoys apples in her tuna every once in a while? *Hides*

Also, I'll admit I have NO idea what a Gherkin is. Off to Google.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
EBree--I''ve decided that anything and everything can go in tuna salad. I used to have one that had grapes and walnuts in there. So yummy!

As for apples, I put apples in my thanksgiving stuffing, as well as throwing an apple chopped in half into the cavity of the turkey. How''s that for weird?

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2008 10:56:06 PM
EBree--I''ve decided that anything and everything can go in tuna salad. I used to have one that had grapes and walnuts in there. So yummy!

Oooh, that sounds delicious too. The grapes add a bit of sweetness (as do the apples) and the walnuts a crunch. Great, now I''m starving.
18.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2008 10:56:06 PM

As for apples, I put apples in my thanksgiving stuffing, as well as throwing an apple chopped in half into the cavity of the turkey. How''s that for weird?

That sounds delicious Freke. My brother does that to his turkey. He throws in apples and oranges into the cavity.

I have had chicken salad sandwiches that way too, with the apples/grapes and walnuts. Now I am getting hungry again.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Ok, so I''ve been missing out it seems.

Freke''s thoughts on:

Gerkins: Personally I prefer cornichons (fancy French baby pickles).

Tea: Twinnings Chamomile. With honey/sugar/brown sugar and a dash of cream. Hands down.

Mustard: I loathe yellow mustard (doesn''t mean I won''t eat it though), Grey Poupon is marginally better, but it''s all about the spicy brown or stone ground mustard for me.

As you can see, I am definitely a food elitist (c''mon fancy french pickles? Totally elite!). (Although the only food I refuse to eat 95% of the time is raw broccoli.)

You guys (and the Obamas) have totally inspired me to play with tuna salad though. FF is leaving for 4 days and we have about 10 cans of tuna in our pantry. Woot!

And if we''re making a PS recipe book, we have to have Karen''s Beeritas in there!

Oooh, DH would love you!

But c''mon, what is the problem with raw broccoli? I LOVE IT!!!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2008 10:52:43 PM
Freke,

I detest raw broccoli. It gives me gas
9.gif

Shh...it does for me too, but it tastes sooo good!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2008 10:53:13 PM
Author: EBree

YUM.

Am I the only one that enjoys apples in her tuna every once in a while? *Hides*

Also, I''ll admit I have NO idea what a Gherkin is. Off to Google.

Ooh, granny smith apples? Yes please! I like it in chicken salad too sometimes!

And Gherkin, that word bothers me. I always think of a person. So I imagine people chopping up a person and putting it in their food.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey, you guys made me hungry first. Now I''m trying to figure out how many different things I can mix into tuna salad...

Suggestions welcome!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL Freke!! I am waiting for you to come up with one of your specialty soups and desserts to have with it
18.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wonder what Jessica Simpson is putting in her tuna??? LOL. Remember that??
31.gif

I like it simple
Real mayo
Red onion
Celery
Salt and pepper
Served on toasted white bread... Yummmm

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 12:13:40 AM
Author: Kaleigh
31.gif

I like it simple

Real mayo

Red onion

Celery

Salt and pepper

Sounds good Lisa. Sometimes, I don''t add celery to mine, but stuff the tuna mix inside celery stalks. Yum.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 12:17:30 AM
Date: 11/10/2008 12:13:40 AM

Author: Kaleigh

31.gif

I like it simple

Real mayo

Red onion

Celery

Salt and pepper

Sounds good Lisa. Sometimes, I don''t add celery to mine, but stuff the tuna mix inside celery stalks. Yum.

I do that too!!!
18.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Moon: Do ya add peanut butter to celery stalks too????
18.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG I HAVE to stop looking at this thread! I am so hungry now!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 12:28:23 AM

Ditto! I still haven't eaten real food for dinner and it's close to bedtime! All I've had for dinner are two bananas and 2 brownies! (Homemade by my mom, who came to see me play soccer today! Yeah, that's right-I'm still a big mama's girl at age 27!)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
No worries thing2! I''m still a mama''s girl at heart at 26 (and a half)!

But I keep coming up with super tasty sounding tuna salads....and they are making me even hungrier.

Who wants to come to New Mexico for tuna salad?!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 12:26:41 AM
Moon: Do ya add peanut butter to celery stalks too????
18.gif

Ya see, that was never my thing. Seems like something I would like but it never worked. I do looove eating it straight out of the jar though!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 12:28:23 AM

Doesn''t it suck? I ate already and I''m DYING for tuna salad!!!!!!!!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I wish I knew this info about Obama BEFORE I voted for him.
23.gif

I detest all things tuna, mayo, AND mustard. I am a little repulsed just having typed their names... *shudder*

And Freke, I know you are the Top Chef around these parts, but Bigelow Chammomile is much better than Twinning.
3.gif

The Obama family is so charming, and can hardly take it.
36.gif

ETA: Moon, you should try PB and baby carrots. A great snack, less strong tasting and slightly sweet!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good to know about the Bigelow. I haven''t tried it. When I run out of tea bags(and it''s going to take a heck of a long time because my oldest friend in the world bought me 6 different boxes of tea for my birthday--none chammomile!) I will go out and buy some. I think I saw vanilla and brown sugar not that long ago...must try...

...tuna salad....

Question: How do you all eat your tuna salad? I like mine on Triscuits and Ruffles. (I''m totally a Bread Elitist. I refuse to buy bread in a plastic bag, however FF eats it by the loaf, so I have to buy it anyway...sigh.)

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 12:42:47 AM
No worries thing2! I''m still a mama''s girl at heart at 26 (and a half)!

But I keep coming up with super tasty sounding tuna salads....and they are making me even hungrier.

Who wants to come to New Mexico for tuna salad?!

ME ME ME! And anything else you wanna cook me! Part of being a mama''s girl...I never learned how to cook because my mom did it for me!
12.gif
That and I''m lazy!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 12:45:17 AM
Author: trillionaire
I wish I knew this info about Obama BEFORE I voted for him.
23.gif

I detest all things tuna, mayo, AND mustard. I am a little repulsed just having typed their names... *shudder*

And Freke, I know you are the Top Chef around these parts, but Bigelow Chammomile is much better than Twinning.
3.gif

The Obama family is so charming, and can hardly take it.
36.gif

ETA: Moon, you should try PB and baby carrots. A great snack, less strong tasting and slightly sweet!

Say WHAT?! Pretty much anything with mayo is DELICIOUS. One of the many disgusting snacks I used to eat when I lived at home was a pile of mayo on a plate that I dipped swiss cheese into. I gross even myself out sometimes!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 12:50:30 AM

Question: How do you all eat your tuna salad? I like mine on Triscuits and Ruffles. (I''m totally a Bread Elitist. I refuse to buy bread in a plastic bag, however FF eats it by the loaf, so I have to buy it anyway...sigh.)

Confession: I don''t really like any bread that much! I have been known to just eat tuna salad by itself! I also love it on Saltines. I LOVE Saltines. Another disgusting snack I like is a puddle of Tabasco sauce that I dip Saltines in! Hurts the tummy, though, so I don''t do it much!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lol Thing2. My mom was a horrible cook (she admits this) and I''m really glad I didn''t try to learn from her.

Come to NM anytime! AND I''ll make cupcakes. And probably some other goodies as well.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results