color
clarity

PriceScope Upgraded - Comments and Issues

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Hello PriceScopers!

We have finished the major update of the forum platform. We tried to keep the colors the same to make it easier to adjust. Some features are a little different but should be much easier to use.

By clicking on your member name at the top right, it will take you to your accounts. There are several things you can change such as the avatar which are larger now. You should also check the privacy section.

Please use this thread for comments, questions and issues. We will try to get to them as soon as we can.

We appreciate everyone's patience.

Know Issue we are working on and may have workarounds:

1) Avatars Image:
a) Blurry avatars - We have increased the size of the avatar image. We ask you
- We have increased the size of Avatars and ask that you update them.
Go to your user account and click on "Personal Details" or click here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/account/personal-details
Then click on the avatar itself and then drag and drop any image any size preferably square and higher than 200 x 200 pixels. You do not need to worry about size or anything. It will be adjusted automatically.

b) Avatars are too big on mobile.
- We are working on this and hope to resolve it soon.

--- This should be fixed. Let me know if anyone is still having issues.

2) Mobile has no way easy way to login/register
- We are working on a solution, but have temporarily added a notice to guests below the menu.

3) Breadcrumbs not easy to navigate or missing
a) No easy way to go to all thread view. - We are reworking the breadcrumb to show in all views and easier to use as well as mobile. In the meantime, here is a workaround on desktop.

-- I think we fixed this. We added a new bread crumb above and below. There seems to be a small issue with the menu overlay. If you see any other issues let us know.

back-to-forum.png

4) Right SideBar or diamond Search make it too busy for me.
a) You can choose to hide the sidebar or the diamond search in the "Personal Details" of your accounts setting. Just click the hide check marks next to it.

hide-widgets.png

5) Attachment controls missing
a) We are working on it.

6) Ignore/Follow/Watch thread lists may have not survived.
a) Unfortunately, we will not be able to do anything about this and you will need to redo them

7) To many alerts.
a) The setting for all alerts is under "Your Alerts" in the account settings.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/account/alerts

8) Usernames (display names) v.s. Login names converted all names to back to login names. If you need any changes please contact us via the contact page here: https://www.pricescope.com/contact

Let us know if you have any other questions or see any other issues.

Thank you for your patience

Last edited:

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is no "mark topic read" option as far as I can tell.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
There is no "mark topic read" option as far as I can tell.

For the moment use the Mark forums read and only the new ones will show up.

We will see about getting that implemented in the future fo topics.

Thanks for letting is know.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
LOL :)

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
If you have have been following someone those may not have been properly tested so you may need to verify this.

Also for those with previous trouble of attaching images, you can just drag and drop.

ChristineRose

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just dropping in to say the new forum looks beautiful!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks really nice! I'd seriously delete trophy points, though, whatever that means!

Some of the avatar pictures, including mine, are really blurry.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Mine too! I look like a fuzzy red X. Do we need to upload new larger avatars?

Wink

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just reuploaded the same picture and I think it is better this time.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is there still some way we can see who's online, when people were last online and (most importantly to me, since I'm always searching for vague posts from the past from people for the PS Hall of Fame thread) a way we can click on their name to find the list of their posts and topics? Or even our own posts and topics? I think I found a way to search for my own posts, but not topics, and I can't find that for anyone else.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It does, and I uploaded a larger Logo which also looks much better.

Wink

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi yes I was wondering if there was a way to turn off likes and trophy points as well. It is one feature I don't think will add anything to the forum and makes it feel like a popularity contest. Otherwise I think the new format is wonderful and appreciate all the hard work and time and energy the Pricescope Administration has put into keeping Pricescope successful and a nice place to be. Thank you Andrey, Ella and the rest of PS admin. :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My avatar picture is clearer on this thread after reloading it, but it remains blurry on all prior posts.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Is there still some way we can see who's online, when people were last online and (most importantly to me, since I'm always searching for vague posts from the past from people for the PS Hall of Fame thread) a way we can click on their name to find the list of their posts and topics? Or even our own posts and topics? I think I found a way to search for my own posts, but not topics, and I can't find that for anyone else.

Hope this helps. One caveat to all this is that there are some privacy settings for member so they can turn that off.

user-profile.png

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi yes I was wondering if there was a way to turn off likes and trophy points as well. It is one feature I don't think will add anything to the forum and makes it feel like a popularity contest. Otherwise I think the new format is wonderful and appreciate all the hard work and time and energy the Pricescope Administration has put into keeping Pricescope successful and a nice place to be. Thank you Andrey, Ella and the rest of PS admin. :)

Glad to see it can be disabled or I'll be tempted to like myself a lot. :twisted:

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
I re-uploaded a larger version of my avatar and it looks better, even on older posts. The old avatars were very small, so scaling them up significantly makes them all look pretty blurry. :/

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad to see it can be disabled or I'll be tempted to like myself a lot. :twisted:
:cheeky: Haha good one Sharon.:)

Andrey, could we get back our laughing emoticon? I dont know how to show you which one it was but it was the emoticon that was laughing and it was a good one! Thank you!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you see it here anywhere? https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/emoticons.116324/

or do you know which post you saw it on?

Hi Andrey so I went back to some of my posts where I used the laughing emoticon in the old forum format and now there is a green emoticon on his side that I guess is the new laughing emoticon. I will see if I can find the one I am talking about somewhere else and share it here. OK adding 2 that are pretty good. What do you think? Thanks.

laughing-smiley-cries-tears-of-joy.png

smiley.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops sorry that first one is so big! Insert embarrassed emoticon here. Oops. Speaking of which do we have that one? Sorry it is uploading so large!

embarrassed.jpg

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don't see my member name at top right.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How do I quickly get back to the forum I was just in? For example, if I was in Colored Stones and once I'm finished reading I would go to the top and just click on the Colored Stones in the Home>>Forums>>Diamond Pricing and Grading>> Colored Stones to get back to the listing of threads. It will not let me click on Colored Stones. I have to go back another step and go to Forums.

The background colours on my computer (using Google Chrome) look quite different than my iPad. I don't know if this a setting I can choose or if it's just the way it is. All I see is a background of light bright grey that is almost blinding (lol). It's too much for these old 50 something eyes. The background colour in the posting box is lighter and easier on the eyes. I know you said the colour are the same but something seemed to change on my end.

I posted in Kenny's thread on Hangout but I also don't really care for the "Like" feature.

Hey Missy, I almost need Emoticons that big for me to see (lol).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How do I quickly get back to the forum I was just in? For example, if I was in Colored Stones and once I'm finished reading I would go to the top and just click on the Colored Stones in the Home>>Forums>>Diamond Pricing and Grading>> Colored Stones to get back to the listing of threads. It will not let me click on Colored Stones. I have to go back another step and go to Forums.

The background colours on my computer (using Google Chrome) look quite different than my iPad. I don't know if this a setting I can choose or if it's just the way it is. All I see is a background of light bright grey that is almost blinding (lol). It's too much for these old 50 something eyes. The background colour in the posting box is lighter and easier on the eyes. I know you said the colour are the same but something seemed to change on my end.

I posted in Kenny's thread on Hangout but I also don't really care for the "Like" feature.

Hey Missy, I almost need Emoticons that big for me to see (lol).

Hey Poodles, LOL. Yes me too. This getting older thing is super challenging at times. :lol: Andrey, thank you! That is the laughing emoticon I love! You rock!

Poodles as for your questions I am sorry. I don't know. Will see if I can figure it out and will post back here if I can.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Hi Poodles,

I made the forum link a little easier to see and here are some tips.

back-to-forum.png

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Thank you, everyone, for bringing up things that we missed or have not thought through.

I also want to thank all those that are helping others!

retroglam

Rough_Rock
Is there a way to see the quick forum link shortcut when looking on a phone not a desktop (a couple posts up)? I tried the 'convert to desktop' button on my phone but it doesn't seem to make a difference. Technology isn't my strong point, so maybe it's me having a user error?!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results