carat
color
clarity

Pricescope Get Together in Vegas – **UPDATE**

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Well that was a fun night!
We had several diamond cut experts on board and Kenny's amazing collection.
It was difficult to find the venue.
And now its off to Martin Rapaports Rant!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Indeed, what an honor to meet, hobnob and fall down drunk with many of the PS brass including Captain Andrey himself, and a few of the loveliest PS ladies in sexy little black dresses. :Up_to_something:

So, Garry what happened with all those hot babes in the elevator after I left? :devil:

It was hard to find the venue and that cavity search was a bit much :oops: , but, security IS security!
I just wish more members (and Ella) had come.
There were many unused name tags on the table, so maybe some people just couldn't find it.

I'm not going to list all the names since I'll forget someone but Peter Yantzer, Director of American Gem society, was a particular delight to talk to.
Inexplicably, he's a very humble man.
I finally got to meet John Pollard and Jonathan of GOG - two very sincerely nice guys with very lucky wives. (You guys can tell them that.)

Andrey generously hosted a full bar and tables of snazzy horse douvies fit for Krystal and Alexis of Dynasty-fame and even door prizes donated by vendors and last night was my luck night in Vegas! :appl:
In a random drawing I won the Grand Prize, an ACA.
Yes that's right, a 1/3 ct ACA from Whiteflash with the full AGS report, beautiful display case, H&A viewer, Whiteflash calendars, and even a black velvet bag full of gourmet chocolate.

So this morning I'm blissfully gorging on chocolate and ACA endorphins while enjoying my air conditioned room in Las Vegas' 97 degree heat.
Thank you so much to Brian B. and the Whiteflash staff.
I'll post some pics when I get home.

Andrey, what a pleasure to talk to you about the PS community and I think you are doing a great job of balancing all the conflicting demands.
Thanks again.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny! Like you needed another ACA!!! I'll be glad to take care of it for you!!! :bigsmile:

How fun! :appl: I so wish I could have been there to meet everyone! Although I might have dreaded it being there with all the young girls in their sexy little black dresses since I have kids in their 20's!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kenny, sounds like you all had a blast. I think it's so great you got to meet so many of the wonderful people who make this forum tick. Can't wait to see your pictures and congrats on winning the ACA!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoa, how awesome!! It sounds like it was a great time :appl: Can't wait to hear more! And Kenny you lucky thing! :bigsmile:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Kenny! Did you ask them if they could make it a bright red one? :lol:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1307295922|2938401 said:
Indeed, what an honor to meet, hobnob and fall down drunk with many of the PS brass including Captain Andrey himself, and a few of the loveliest PS ladies in sexy little black dresses. :Up_to_something:
pics please!!.. :naughty:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay so... Anyone who didn't attend TOTALLY MISSED OUT!

I had a BLAST. Andrey and Devon thank you so much for a very memorable and wonderful evening.

As I was one of the ladies in a black dress I can tell you that we were hot-- temperture hot. It was really hot in Vegas.

First, there are a ton of pictures. Just an absolute ton. Coati and Jonathan and John Pollard and Gary all took pics. So I'm sure you all will be inundated.

It was so fabulous to meet everyone. Meeting Coati and Dee-Jay (okay, okay AND KENNY :wink2: lol) was just fabulous. It always makes me wish us PSers ALL lived in the same town (that poor town) but grateful that we have this playground to make this world that much smaller so we can all gather and talk to each other.

I do know that there were more PS non-trade RSVPs than attendees and I just felt bad for all the wasted food and boose (though I tried to do my best to help out :Up_to_something: ).

The door prizes were totally unexpected. My sincerest thank you to Jonathan and Sarah of Good Old Gold, as well as Andrey and Devon for my prize of a 500 dolllar certificate to Good Old Gold (which including my PS gift of 100 from Andrey is 600 burning a hole in my pocket!). I can't wait to give you guys a call and see what trouble I can get into. But I am going to try to save up for a few months before I do that (all the better to make more trouble with) before I get to that point.

I can't list everyone that I enjoyed meeting and speaking with (though Wink was very much missed) because I am afraid I'll miss something, but needless to say it was an absolute pleasure to meet everyone in the trade.

FYI--- Gary is an incorrigible flirt (surprised the heck out of me) and Jonathan is exactly how you picture him. ROFLMAO.

Anyway... the pictures will speak for themselves. But NEXT YEAR ya'll better come (especially if you RSVP folks, it's only polite!) you were totally missed.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1307328365|2938669 said:
FYI--- Gary is an incorrigible flirt (surprised the heck out of me) and Jonathan is exactly how you picture him. ROFLMAO.

Anyway... the pictures will speak for themselves. But NEXT YEAR ya'll better come (especially if you RSVP folks, it's only polite!) you were totally missed.

HA!!! I thought that about Gary too, too funny! He is very charming! Andrey and his beautiful wife are the sweetest; they are great people!!! :halo:

Sounds like a FABULOUS time. YAY for the first PS LV GTG!!! I want to meet Coati and the others; I wish I could have been there!!! Congrats on winning Gypsy and Kenny!!! :appl: :appl: can't wait to see pics :wavey: How wonderful to meet all the PS'ers and vendors.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like a great time was had by all! I'm definitely in for next year. Timing just didn't work out for me this time, right as I was moving to Chicago from Los Angeles.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Color me jealous to have missed out on this GTG! Instead I was at home bathing my cats!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
It was SO fabulous!!! I had a blast on our short-but-sweet girls weekend in Vegas (desperately needed!) which included the PS GTG.

Andrey and Devon are the two sweetest people in the world and the most adorable couple to boot. They are both just lovely. THANK YOU for your thoughtfulness and a wonderful event! I won a beautiful Canon camera to take fabulous bling pictures with!

It was SO neat to meet all the trade folks as well--John Pollard, OldMiner, DenverAppraiser, Bryan Boyne (WF), Jim Summa, Peter Yantzer, etc. Garry is a big flirt and Rhino is as loud and in charge as you would expect. ;)) Very neat to meet all the pros I have been chatting with for years here.

It was SO much fun meeting everyone new and seeing my old friends. Kenny's gems are just phenomenal and it was so fun to see an Octavia and some gorgeous FCDs in person!!!

Before we left town I had a LOVELY brunch at the Four Seasons with Gypsy and Dee*Jay and it was one of the best times I have had in recent months. Thanks ladies for being such wonderful friends.

Thanks again everyone for making my first weekend without kids in a LONG time a fabulous one! Can't wait to do it again!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I so would have been there if it was only a trip to vegas between me and meeting all of you :) It was that pesky trip to america that stood in my way... :( Congrats kenny!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Well, this gathering has been on the map for quite some time. With 12 & 15 year old boys, and near the end of a school term, I have excuses for having missed it, but it sounds like a good time was had by all. If this tradition continues, I can hope to make another one.

:wavey:

Ira Z.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad you all had a great time...but c'mon...this thread is worthless without pics! :naughty:

so funny that I could have actually gone to this...TGuy was practically pushing me out the door to spend some time away and relax. But we had an out of town guest that came in on Sat, so I had to entertain. Maybe next year! :wavey:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TravelingGal|1307381642|2939062 said:
Glad you all had a great time...but c'mon...this thread is worthless without pics! :naughty:

so funny that I could have actually gone to this...TGuy was practically pushing me out the door to spend some time away and relax. But we had an out of town guest that came in on Sat, so I had to entertain. Maybe next year! :wavey:

so cough 'em up, folks! :bigsmile:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Ohhh phooey.....if we just hadn't been there! PICS!

cheers--Sharon

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not sure how any of the other PS civilians feel but I really don't want my face posted.
Sorry. :appl:

If anyone wants to post a pic of me, just Photoshop George Clooney's face over mine, or a tomato or something.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
The vendors were all the ones taking pics and they are still very busy with the convention winding down, I'm sure they will post pics as soon as they can. :wavey:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1307390082|2939165 said:
I'm not sure how any of the other PS civilians feel but I really don't want my face posted.

If anyone wants to post a pic of me, just Photoshop George Clooney's face over mine, or a tomato or something.
Kenny...please don't :!: unless you were wearing a dress... :lol:

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
This was one of the nicest group get togethers imagineable. We sort of know one another, but actually meeting is a very different event than interacting in a digital forum. Thanks Andrey and Devon for putting on such a perfect party. Everyone will want a repeat, for sure.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1307400268|2939281 said:
kenny|1307390082|2939165 said:

Kenny...please don't :!: unless you were wearing a dress... :lol:

Not even a little black sexy one? :o :mrgreen:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finally home from Sin City! Remind me next year when we do this that three nights is one night too long! Although I certainly talked to some interesting characters along the way, and did my part to stimulate the Vegas economy.

The PS GTG was fabulous! It was so nice to meet many names that have only been virtual to this point. And yes, to second what the ladies have said, Garry is indeed a flirt, but I was grateful for the charming company when we were "banished to the children's table" at dinner!

Thank you again, Andrey and Devon, for the camera. If only I had thought to bring it along when Gypsy and Neatfreak and I had brunch yesterday...

BTW, you are welcome to post any picture that makes me look thin. (Good luck with that!!!)

Kenny, any thoughts on what you're going to do with your fabulous new ACA?

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Gypsy|1307391077|2939173 said:
The vendors were all the ones taking pics and they are still very busy with the convention winding down, I'm sure they will post pics as soon as they can. :wavey:

Thanks for explaining Gypsy! Yep, folks may still be traveling home and getting photos/video organized, so please stay tuned.

Oldminer|1307404154|2939357 said:
This was one of the nicest group get togethers imagineable. We sort of know one another, but actually meeting is a very different event than interacting in a digital forum. Thanks Andrey and Devon for putting on such a perfect party. Everyone will want a repeat, for sure.

Absolutely. It was lovely to meet everyone, and to have us all gathered in that crazy city was just too fun! I enjoyed hearing individual stories and learning about how you all came to love diamonds, gems and jewelry. The passion was palpable! Thanks to everyone for attending the GTG, and thanks to Andrey and his lovely wife for hosting! Looking forward to next year! (Congrats to the raffle winners-lucky ducks! :naughty:)

For those who are interested in jewelry pics from JCK Luxury and the Couture show, I will be posting a series of blogs on the designers I had the pleasure of meeting at the show. The jewelry was simply amazing, so stay tuned for pics from Gurhan, Irene Neuwirth, Jemma Wynne, Erica Courtney, bavna, Richard Krementz and much much more!

Also stay tuned for John Pollard's coverage of the Rapaport breakfast in his annual JCK thread. Much more to come!

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dee*Jay|1307418426|2939594 said:
Kenny, any thoughts on what you're going to do with your fabulous new ACA?

Yah kenny, what are you going to do with that ACA? I have some ideas... :Up_to_something:

Can't wait to see what you get Gypsy!

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Lovely Lieve guarding our last round!
IMG_1907.jpg

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Thank you everyone who made it to the 1st Annual Pricescope Get Together.

It was wonderful to meet the PS members and trade; making new friends and seeing old ones again.

I also want to thank the following sponsors who donated gifts for the door prizes:
1) Whiteflash for the wonderful ACA that Kenny won and
2) Good Old Gold for the $500 gift certificate that Gypsy won.

Everyone made it a successful and amazing time for me. I can't wait for next year!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Garry H (Cut Nut)|1307458214|2939802 said:
Here is a pic of all my favourite lovely girls.
packed and ready to leave!

Tell us who is in this pic please. I can tell from l to r is Andrey's beautiful wife, Coati, Neatfreak, DeeJay, Gypsy, and Lieve. Who is between DeeJay and Gypsy? Great pics; can't wait to see more :D Beautiful group!!! :appl:

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Skippy123|1307474483|2940035 said:
Garry H (Cut Nut)|1307458214|2939802 said:
Here is a pic of all my favourite lovely girls.
packed and ready to leave!

Tell us who is in this pic please. I can tell from l to r is Andrey's beautiful wife, Coati, Neatfreak, DeeJay, Gypsy, and Lieve. Who is between DeeJay and Gypsy? Great pics; can't wait to see more :D Beautiful group!!! :appl:

Hi Skippy,
Helen Levonis is between DeeJay and Gypsy in Garry's pic. She is gemologist from Australia who consults for Opal Horizon. She was wearing some very beautiful opal jewelry at the GTG. We got to spend some good time with her at JCK. We hope she joins our group again next year!

We hope to see you at next year's GTG, Skippy!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results