carat
color
clarity

Announcement PriceScope April 13th update

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy,

Thought I would just double-check with you, if your issue got resolved.

Hi Andrey, thanks for checking in with me. I am still not receiving email notifications. I received one the other day for one thread but that was it and nothing since. It's OK if it isn't able to be resolved though. It's not a big deal because I just go onto PS and check alerts and that's sufficient for me. Thanks again and hope all is well with you and your loved ones.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
That’s what I see as well. I have to go to a link where I participated or go to history where it’s not the front page to get in Pricescope.

Same thing for me!

headlight

Ideal_Rock
It is working for me now :)
Thank you!

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
I am glad it is working.

Keep me in the loop if it or anything else like this happens again.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I am glad it is working.

Keep me in the loop if it or anything else like this happens again.

Will do! Thanks for making this great resource available!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
There’s something that I would like to mention about people that follow us on PS. Occasionally I will get an alert that someone is following me that I don’t know. There’s no way to opt out of that in my settings. It feels like stalking to me. Is it possible to have an option in our settings to prevent people from following us? It would at least be helpful to have the user names of the people that are following us so it’s out in the open... I know I miss some alerts when I’m not able to get on for a few days. It feels a little creepy. Does anyone else feel that way? Thank you!

Last edited:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to agree with this sentiment that @Mamabean brings to light. I would like to be able to, at the very least, see who is following me. I can only see who I follow, which is no one. It feels a little like a loss of privacy. Especially the option to receive emails and notifications when someone you follow posts.

Idk...maybe for trade member this function could be helpful, but not for ordinary consumers of whom many own very expensive pieces.

I humbly thank you for everything you do to keep us safe and for providing such a valuable and enjoyable forum. I love PS, but I do feel a bit uncomfortable with the fact that when I post, someone may get an email informing them...not that I have much to say, don’t know why anyone would want to follow me! *feign surprise*

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
@Mamabean and @Slick1 those are some good points. I need to think about how this can be done the right way that makes sense for everyone.

The goal of the "follow" has always been a way for someone to be notified based on the same interests such as your lovely bling, is excited to have you post more pictures, loves your perspective, wishes to follow someone to learn from them, etc. It has never been a perspective of stalking.

The reality is that without the "follow" option people can still follow you in other ways such as Google or other unwanted apps.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@psadmin Thank you for taking our concern into consideration. I understand the intent of such an option, however, unlike IG and FB where I know who follow me and even have control of it, on PS we don’t even know who is following us. :(

Again, appreciate all you do and all you’ve created here. It’s one of the best places on the ‘net!

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Thank you for the kind words.

I will think about it and what can be done.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you for listening @psadmin...On IG we know who’s following us if we choose to keep it public. I would just like to know who is following me...I realize this is a public forum so we can’t block anyone. I love it here...and really appreciate all that you do. Thanks again..

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
Have you decided not to list James Allen in search results? I don't see any of their stones listed.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Have you decided not to list James Allen in search results? I don't see any of their stones listed.

@Mlh

There has been an issue with the data-feed today. Hopefully, they will be back on tomorrow.

Reactions: Mlh

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For some reason, the quote function isn't working for me today and I can't figure out why. It allows me to click quote, but when I click to paste it into the reply box, it disappears.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
For some reason, the quote function isn't working for me today and I can't figure out why. It allows me to click quote, but when I click to paste it into the reply box, it disappears.

Hello @diamondseeker2006,

I tried using the reply and I tried "+Qoute" then "insert Quotes" and "Quote message" after. They both seem to be working for me.

Can you tell me what browser you are using so I can try to reproduce the situation?

Thank You

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello @diamondseeker2006,

I tried using the reply and I tried "+Qoute" then "insert Quotes" and "Quote message" after. They both seem to be working for me.

Can you tell me what browser you are using so I can try to reproduce the situation?

Thank You

Okay, tried it now and it works!!! So strange, I've never had that happen before! I am using Chrome. But it works now! Thanks, Andrey!

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Glad it is working!

:dance:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results