shape
carat
color
clarity

Preggo stuff, Baby Stuff, Toddler Stuff...post your best finds here!!

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
here is the highchair we have

mHC01428a.jpg

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
from the front... the top tray comes off and fits in the dishwasher.

mHC01428.jpg

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2009 12:56:40 PM
Author: fiery
I''m probably responding late but I have to say that I absolutely hate our Bjorn. Sophia just dangles from it so I feel like I constantly have to massage her legs. Her arms also don''t stick out of it well. One does but the other does this funny twisted thing. Also, no matter how much I adjust her head keeps banging into my chest (which a. hurts her and b. makes her want to feed lol). We haven''t returned/sold it because I think it''ll be much better once she can sit in it forward facing. I think she''ll really enjoy it then.

I''m in the process of looking into a moby. I really want a carrier that I can nurse in without having to take her out and readjust. I nurse in public all the time but it''s getting harder to do since Sophia absolutely hates being under the cover.
Fiery, D insisted on looking outwards from when she was 4 weeks - I only have her inwards if she''s eating or if she''s asleep. We also only use the top part done up when she''s facing inwards as she HATES it being so near her face outwards. Pain as I have to always have a hand round the front.

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
Pandora - I'm sorry I have to laugh because Lex is EXACTLY the same as Daisy w/ the Bjorn. They'd make quite a pair if they got together
3.gif

To all the mommies to be - My son also never liked the sling, he always wanted to see what was going on in the world from day one, a sling was too constricting. And those w/ back issues I don't know that the Bjorn would work, I've never had any issues w/ my back, but now that my son is 17 lbs he is soooooooooooo difficult to lug around. W/ the Bjorn it really hurts my shoulders and back. I find myself almost lifting him from the bottom to take some of the load off. Like today I used it for maybe 20 minutes and hours later my shoulders still hurt. And my son is only 4 1/2 months! So keep in mind you may have a big baby and the Bjorn just won't work....unless you're superwoman
3.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2009 6:24:56 PM
Author: cdt1101
Pandora - I''m sorry I have to laugh because Lex is EXACTLY the same as Daisy w/ the Bjorn. They''d make quite a pair if they got together
3.gif

To all the mommies to be - My son also never liked the sling, he always wanted to see what was going on in the world from day one, a sling was too constricting. And those w/ back issues I don''t know that the Bjorn would work, I''ve never had any issues w/ my back, but now that my son is 17 lbs he is soooooooooooo difficult to lug around. W/ the Bjorn it really hurts my shoulders and back. I find myself almost lifting him from the bottom to take some of the load off. Like today I used it for maybe 20 minutes and hours later my shoulders still hurt. And my son is only 4 1/2 months! So keep in mind you may have a big baby and the Bjorn just won''t work....unless you''re superwoman
3.gif
LOL, glad to hear I''m not the only one with a super-nosy baby!

Daisy is now about 16lbs aand the sling is starting to get HEAVY. As soon as she can sit up alone I''m going to start looking at back carriers. Mainly I use the stroller, but ours is ultra-urban so we carry her anywhere else and my back will start complaining fairly soon even with the Active Bjorn.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
You can do a back carry in an Ergo.
31.gif
Hip carry too, although I find that one to be a bit convoluted.

Fiery - I found it almost impossible to nurse in a Moby, but I''m not sure if other people have different experiences with that. I nurse in the Ergo quite a bit, and my BabyHawk also works really well for that. The Scootababy is the best one that I''ve found for nursing, but it only does front and hip carries and so it''s not versatile enough that I''d personally buy it.

Slings - George hated to be craddled, but once I figured out that he could handle tummy-to-tummy he''s been fine in a sling. I like it better now that he can sit on his own, as I can just put him on my hip. It doesn''t distribute weight well for me though, so it''s the carrier that I just leave in the car for when I need to pop him in and out of something and we won''t be doing anything for more than about 15 minutes.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2009 7:22:40 PM
Author: Blenheim
You can do a back carry in an Ergo.
31.gif
Hip carry too, although I find that one to be a bit convoluted.

Fiery - I found it almost impossible to nurse in a Moby, but I''m not sure if other people have different experiences with that. I nurse in the Ergo quite a bit, and my BabyHawk also works really well for that. The Scootababy is the best one that I''ve found for nursing, but it only does front and hip carries and so it''s not versatile enough that I''d personally buy it.

Slings - George hated to be craddled, but once I figured out that he could handle tummy-to-tummy he''s been fine in a sling. I like it better now that he can sit on his own, as I can just put him on my hip. It doesn''t distribute weight well for me though, so it''s the carrier that I just leave in the car for when I need to pop him in and out of something and we won''t be doing anything for more than about 15 minutes.

Ditto. Amelia is probably about 24 pounds and I can still comfortably back carry her. It really came in handy because she was a late walker and it was useful when we wanted to head down the beach (sand) to hang out.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I can''t say enough good stuff about the Ergo. So easy to carry him in it for hours if need be, and the back carry is great too (just like carrying a backpack around!) My guy hates to be stuck in the carseat or sometimes even the stroller, so I must carry him everywhere! (especially in the early days). I was able to make the Ergo work from when I got it at 2.5 months. He kept his legs kind of frogged up inside until he was developed enough to splay them. We tried the infant insert but found it cumbersome and we really didn''t need it at 2.5 months. I was using a friend''s bjorn but found it really strained my shoulders and back, so I bought the ergo. Totally worth every penny.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Do they sit in the ergo or dangle? The one thing I like about moby is that in the hug hold, she"s sitting rather than dangling.

I find thr bjorn to be really comfy for my back so if ergo is even comfier, that''s better!

gingerB

Shiny_Rock
thanks for all the info on the ergo ladies! ya''ll are getting me pretty excited about trying it out. a friend of mine is lending me her Moby wrap to try. I''m a liitle leery about it though because it looks so complicated to put on!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2009 9:01:17 PM
Author: fiery
Do they sit in the ergo or dangle? The one thing I like about moby is that in the hug hold, she''s sitting rather than dangling.

I find thr bjorn to be really comfy for my back so if ergo is even comfier, that''s better!
They sit in it.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
vizsla, that is a cute highchair but looks like it will be a PITA to clean. Hope I am wrong though!
2.gif

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/12/2009 10:45:25 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
vizsla, that is a cute highchair but looks like it will be a PITA to clean. Hope I am wrong though!
2.gif

liiiiiiiiiike b/c it has a cushion? i''m curious.....
1.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cushion yes. The cracks it creates. Food getting stuck under the cushion and in hard to clean places like where the tray meets the base. The basket unless it is removable and machine washable. Mesh+baby food= big old mess.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone know if kimono shirts exist for older babies (1+)? Is there any option to onesies? C doesn''t like the over the head clothes, but even with that I find the buttom on the bottom too much clothes under other clothes. Do true undershirts exist? I feel like I''m missing something..
thanks!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Janine, they''re really pricy but Kate Quinn Organics has kimono style shirts and onesies in larger sizes (short sleeved as well, I think I only linked to long sleeved ones). I have a 9m kimono style shirt from Carter''s, as well as a 9m onesie that snaps up the front (both in gender neutral colors) but I''m not sure how much larger than that they go. And you have to really look for them - I mostly just see the normal onesies in stores.

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/13/2009 8:52:33 AM
Cushion yes. The cracks it creates. Food getting stuck under the cushion and in hard to clean places like where the tray meets the base. The basket unless it is removable and machine washable. Mesh+baby food= big old mess.

got-cha... the basket underneath is detachable... it says it''s ''toy storage'' - and the cushion comes off pretty easily. my sister talked me into it b/c of the recline... says it''s a good place to put baby when they can''t hold themselves up when i''m in the kitchen etc. we have a bouncer too, but apparently her kids hated it.... it''s still in the box... we''ll see.
thanks for the call out tho.... i was all about the crappy $15 ikea high chair :)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2009 1:05:49 PM
Author: vizsla
Date: 10/13/2009 8:52:33 AM

got-cha... the basket underneath is detachable... it says it''s ''toy storage'' - and the cushion comes off pretty easily. my sister talked me into it b/c of the recline... says it''s a good place to put baby when they can''t hold themselves up when i''m in the kitchen etc. we have a bouncer too, but apparently her kids hated it.... it''s still in the box... we''ll see.

thanks for the call out tho.... i was all about the crappy $15 ikea high chair :)

My highchair does not recline nor would I have needed it to. DD was completely happy in her swing so if I needed to get stuff done that''s where she hung out. The boon comes with a removable eva foam cushion that comes out in one piece. No seams for food to get stuck in so I didn''t need to take it out that often. Now that she is bigger it has been removed for months. I love the ease of not having a cushion and a puffy cushion just is going to take more time and effort to keep it clean. The seat is round so no seams there either. I don''t have an Ikea high chair but I have seen them IRL and they do seem easy to clean and personally I like the modern look but if you love *this* one don''t let me persuade you. Personally I am glad I waited until DD was 6 months to buy her highchair. They come out with things so quickly I would just wait until you need the bigger items.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i am liking the ikea high chair now... esp since i really didn''t want to get anything right away but i thought ''well if someone wants to buy us a high chair fine''...but we can afford $15. hehehe. well now we can. ask me 6 months after the kid shows up!!
6.gif

re: kimonos...i saw that gerber had them i think 0-3 and 3-6 and i think 6-9 at BRU the last time i was there. but i don''t remember any bigger sizes. i def need to get some of those added to my registry. is the idea just that as a newborn they don''t like stuff over their head? how long do they wear a kimono style in general.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve got to say I really love my IKEA high chairs! They are sturdy and have few seams at all so super easy to wipe off. Boys are in them now playing away actually!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2009 4:15:20 PM
Author: Mara
i am liking the ikea high chair now... esp since i really didn''t want to get anything right away but i thought ''well if someone wants to buy us a high chair fine''...but we can afford $15. hehehe. well now we can. ask me 6 months after the kid shows up!!
6.gif

re: kimonos...i saw that gerber had them i think 0-3 and 3-6 and i think 6-9 at BRU the last time i was there. but i don''t remember any bigger sizes. i def need to get some of those added to my registry. is the idea just that as a newborn they don''t like stuff over their head? how long do they wear a kimono style in general.
hey mara, I can only speak for my LO, but it was so much easier to put on kimono style undershirts, and over the head shirts never worked for us. Hard to get the arms in and she wasn''t too keen on something over her head either. As she got older, that didn''t change! I managed to find some kimonos that were 6-9 mo''s and we''re still using them--but now they are skin tight and I''m hoping to find something else. I did buy a bunch of onesies, but was hoping to at least find shirts too (ie no button at bottom) if side snaps don''t exist for bigger babies. I know onesies are v. convenient, but for me and my LO, it makes it harder b/c it''s another step to getting to the diaper. C does not like diaper changes or anything constraining...winter should be fun!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think Target''s dwell makes the kimono style shirts/onesies up to 12 months but I am not positive. I stopped using onesies around 9 months. Once she was SO mobile the diaper changes became so difficult the onesies just slowed me down.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2009 4:41:21 PM
oh and for you winter moms with babies due in the cold months... this was recommended to me by a few moms and i managed to get one at Marshalls for $24 in sage, i love it!! supposedly you don't have to bundle up the baby SO much when you take them out...just put on one or two layers and then zip them in. works with most infant seats. and it's washable.

http://www.target.com/JJ-Cole-Original-Infant-Bundle/dp/B000SELUSO/ref=sc_iw_r_1_0/181-8168933-3707144

Just FYI they don't recommend that you use them with carseats. The bottom layer can interfere with the belts. Might be crazy...might not...we didn't take the chance.

Still great for the stroller and we used the top layer only in the carseats like a blanket. It's probably overkill to say they aren't safe-but a carseat inspector won't approve it if you have one on the carseat.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2009 4:33:44 PM
I think Target''s dwell makes the kimono style shirts/onesies up to 12 months but I am not positive. I stopped using onesies around 9 months. Once she was SO mobile the diaper changes became so difficult the onesies just slowed me down.

Thanks! I guess it''s warmer there so you don''t have to layer up as much..

gingerB

Shiny_Rock
oh and for you winter moms with babies due in the cold months... this was recommended to me by a few moms and i managed to get one at Marshalls for $24 in sage, i love it!! supposedly you don''t have to bundle up the baby SO much when you take them out...just put on one or two layers and then zip them in. works with most infant seats. and it''s washable.

http://www.target.com/JJ-Cole-Original-Infant-Bundle/dp/B000SELUSO/ref=sc_iw_r_1_0/181-8168933-3707144

i saw these at my marchalls too. really cute and snuggly looking. but i was kind of giggling cuz, well we''re inthe south and that is soooo not neccesary - and they had a ton. who was the bright buyer that thought that those would sell down here? i did have a brief pang of wishing we lived someplce colder just to have and excuse to buy it though =)

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2009 4:48:00 PM
Author: neatfreak

oh and for you winter moms with babies due in the cold months... this was recommended to me by a few moms and i managed to get one at Marshalls for $24 in sage, i love it!! supposedly you don''t have to bundle up the baby SO much when you take them out...just put on one or two layers and then zip them in. works with most infant seats. and it''s washable.

Just FYI they don''t recommend that you use them with carseats. The bottom layer can interfere with the belts. Might be crazy...might not...we didn''t take the chance.

Still great for the stroller and we used the top layer only in the carseats like a blanket. It''s probably overkill to say they aren''t safe-but a carseat inspector won''t approve it if you have one on the carseat.
Out of curiosity, what are you supposed to do once it''s colder? You''re also not supposed to have baby in bulky clothing in the car seat... It''s getting cold enough now (40 when I leave in the mornings) that I''m trying to figure out what to do to keep him warm.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol ginger they have a bundle me LITE for warmer climates!
31.gif

i found this on a site which is a potential way to use the bundle me in the carseat... just use the top part but it won''t zip up i guess? also i saw another suggestion about cutting out half of the back so that it won''t interfere with any strap lineup.

"If this product is used with an infant or toddler car seat, it is recommended that the back part not be used but instead unzip the back from the front muff and just use the muff to cover the child in the car seat so that the safety of the 5-point harness is not compromised. This product is perfectly fine to use with strollers."

we might just use it in our ''walking'' stroller that we would keep at home...i''ll have to see how it works anyway. its such a good idea...they should improve on it to make it certified.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Janine
BabySoy has kimono onesie that are up to 24 months. I haven''t seen any other brands that go up to 24 months in size. I stopped using kimono onesies and tops after 3 months b/c I couldn''t find them in stores. I still use plain onesies as undershirts, and it''s a struggle sometimes to button up the bottom. I don''t have a problem getting it over Meena''s head and now she''ll put her arms in the sleeves when I tell her to.
I also found these. They have up to 18 months. I''ve bought Chinese wedding stuffs from this site.

Blen
I usually just put a blanket over Meena in the car seat in the winter, but our winter here isn''t that cold.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2009 10:46:50 PM
Author: Blenheim
Date: 10/13/2009 4:48:00 PM

Author: neatfreak

Just FYI they don''t recommend that you use them with carseats. The bottom layer can interfere with the belts. Might be crazy...might not...we didn''t take the chance.

Still great for the stroller and we used the top layer only in the carseats like a blanket. It''s probably overkill to say they aren''t safe-but a carseat inspector won''t approve it if you have one on the carseat.

Out of curiosity, what are you supposed to do once it''s colder? You''re also not supposed to have baby in bulky clothing in the car seat... It''s getting cold enough now (40 when I leave in the mornings) that I''m trying to figure out what to do to keep him warm.

Well I feel qualified to answer that since we had twins, in December, in Wisconsin.
3.gif

I basically dressed them in a normal outfit (like fleece footie pj''s in the early days or pants and a sweater later), used the top portion (zipped off) of the Bundleme (which only really works for infants anyway so it''s useless now) and tucked it around their feet and body OVER the carseat straps, and then covered the entire carseat with a blanket just when we were heading out (mostly to avoid the wind). The bundleme was nice though in the stroller in winter-we used the whole thing there since there is no safety hazard.

They never complained so I never worried-but we also weren''t out with them very much in the super cold. Just in and out of places.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results