shape
carat
color
clarity

Preggo stuff, Baby Stuff, Toddler Stuff...post your best finds here!!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Total Thread Jack:

So my daughter wanted the BOB stroller. Jeez, can they get any more expensive? Anyway, me, my daughter and the new baby went out on a mall outing today. It was heavenly. Daughter found comfortable nursing bras, some leggings for her Dirty Thirty birthday this weekend, and some cute baby girl outfits (we didn't know the sex until Veda was born last month) and we even had a nice relaxing lunch while daughter experienced her first "nursing in public" moment. It was a splendid outing in the Bob for baby Veda.

Maybe that is why baby Veda went ballistic in the back seat of the van after we spent a good four minutes realizing that neither her mother or her Grandmother knew how to collapse good ole BOB.
6.gif

Thank gawd her husband answered the phone and told us what to do. She should lose a few Mommy points for that. I was saying "How the hell can you not know how the collapse the stroller" We even asked for help from another mother pushing a stroller, but she didn't have BOB. Word to the wise...know how to collapse the Cadillac Stroller. Really...

End thread jack.
20.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2009 1:06:40 AM
Author: miraclesrule
Jeez, can they get any more expensive?

You probably don''t want to know this but they can get a WHOLE LOT more expensive. Like $8-900 more expensive than BOB.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2009 1:42:22 AM
Author: neatfreak

You probably don''t want to know this but they can get a WHOLE LOT more expensive. Like $8-900 more expensive than BOB.
yup and i believe the more expensive it is, the harder to collapse, haha. Although I can''t speak for the Stokke--maybe that one is easier.collapse. I have the bugaboo and watched the video and practiced b-4 baby was here, and still struggle in the parking lot! Now it doesn''t get taken out much...that''s what the 2nd stroller is for!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2009 12:25:27 AM
Author: qtiekiki
Janine
BabySoy has kimono onesie that are up to 24 months. I haven''t seen any other brands that go up to 24 months in size. I stopped using kimono onesies and tops after 3 months b/c I couldn''t find them in stores. I still use plain onesies as undershirts, and it''s a struggle sometimes to button up the bottom. I don''t have a problem getting it over Meena''s head and now she''ll put her arms in the sleeves when I tell her to.
I also found these. They have up to 18 months. I''ve bought Chinese wedding stuffs from this site.

Blen
I usually just put a blanket over Meena in the car seat in the winter, but our winter here isn''t that cold.
Thanks qtiekiki!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I used the BundleMe in her infant carrier so it was for walks and in the car. I did know about the safety concerns but just followed my gut. BTW I am not sure if we talked about little chairs on here (like the ones at PBK or LON) but T got one for her 1st birthday (homemade one) and it is seriously her throne. She loves that thing and still is obsessed with it almost a year later.

I think the Bob is easy to fold. Harder to lift.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
$900 for a stroller?? Craziness.

Anyway, I do agree, the BOB is not the easiest thing to pick up and put in the back of the crossover. I''m glad I was there to help my daughter since she is still recovering from the 4th degree laceration. Or as she would say...tore up from the floor up.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ha ha the bob is nothing compared to some of the ones out there and what they offer for the price!! there are a fair amt of $1000 strollers out there and more! the other day i caught myself referring to the $280 orange quinny on sale as ''so cheap'' and was like jeez what is happening to me???
6.gif

our crib and bumper came yesterday and i love the PB kids honey color. i took out one rail just to compare for contrast against the wall and really liked it. i am happy we went that route even though it was a ridiculous amt of points... i haven''t seen the dresser yet but now i am really excited.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Reminder of the REI member sale For only $20 you can become a member for life and they send out 20% of coupons a few times a year. I saved lots of money buying my BOB this way. Here is what strollers they offer. They also carry the baby jogger city elite which is a REALLY nice stroller. Plusher than the BOB. Looks like they also started carrying the Phil & Teds Sport. The coupon won''t work though b/c it has to be a full price item.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2009 9:42:04 AM
Author: janinegirly

Date: 10/14/2009 1:42:22 AM
Author: neatfreak

yup and i believe the more expensive it is, the harder to collapse, haha. Although I can''t speak for the Stokke--maybe that one is easier.collapse. I have the bugaboo and watched the video and practiced b-4 baby was here, and still struggle in the parking lot! Now it doesn''t get taken out much...that''s what the 2nd stroller is for!
I can speak for that one... it''s hard the first time as the instructions are like IKEA - all pictures. After that it is incredibly easy and quick. You do need a decent sized car for it though.

I''mwondering if we pay a more or less for strollers over here... here are the US $ equivalents (using today''s exchange rate of 1 GBP = 1.6 US$) of what we pay, I would be interested to know how they compare. Prices are for the basic strollers and don''t include optional extras or any special offers.

Bugaboo Bee - $670
Bugaboo Chameleon - $1200
Stokke Xplory - $945
Phil & Teds Sport - $582
McClaren Quest Sport Buggy = $225
Quinny Buzz 3 - $600

If you shop around you can get great offers... my Stokke cost me $800, but the price included a load of accessories plus the Maxi Cosi Cabriofix carseat which retails at $168 and I would have to buy anyway.

Ultimately it does come down to your own needs and priorities. If I was living my sister''s life - small market town surrounded by lots of countryside - i would have wanted a stroller that coped with off-road terrain, that was quick and easy to fold and wouldn''t care about the size or about having several different strollers - ie a big one and an umbrella stroller - as storage isn''t an issue in their house.

In London, with public transport being my main mode, and car at the weekend, I needed light-weight, manouverable, narrow and due to size of our house it had to last the kid a long time and store easily. Months of research came down to a choice between the Bugaboo and the Stokke. Having had major surgery on my spine, and the likelyhood of having a tall child, it was a no-brainer between the two - and in central London I like having my child where they are not level with car exhausts/slobbery dogs etc. and if it lasts her till she''s four then it''s practically a bargain!

So, yes there are super expensive strollers on the market, but they can be worth every penny!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Seems like the strollers are slightly cheaper here in US.
Quinny Buzz 3 - $580.00 for 2009 models.
Bugaboo Cameleon - $880.00

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone have a Storksak? I just ordered my daughter and her DH the manly looking black leather one because Dad is really a proud and involved Daddy and doesn't want to carry around a feminine flowery diaper bag. It seems to be able to double as a "Man Purse" later on as it fits a laptop and should be fairly durable. The diaper bag was the one thing she didn't get as a gift from the registry and right now they are using the one they received from the hospital with their name, logo and a pink flower on it. Daddy isn't entirely thrilled. Does anyone else own one? Feedback?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pandora As QT said some of them are cheaper-but some are more expensive! The Xplory is almost $1200 here.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
jcrow, a few of the reviews I read when I was researching (which was when it was relatively new) hated it. I''ve seen it (someone had it on the beach/strand where I walk, and I also saw it in a store). Honestly, a traditional infant carseat and a snap and go would be fine. Would be as sexy? No. But from what I understand, it''s also less of a pain. The pricepoint on that thing is ridiculous, even for the bugaboo crowd. Double check the safety of their carseat.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2009 4:03:09 PM
Author: TravelingGal
jcrow, a few of the reviews I read when I was researching (which was when it was relatively new) hated it. I''ve seen it (someone had it on the beach/strand where I walk, and I also saw it in a store). Honestly, a traditional infant carseat and a snap and go would be fine. Would be as sexy? No. But from what I understand, it''s also less of a pain. The pricepoint on that thing is ridiculous, even for the bugaboo crowd. Double check the safety of their carseat.

thanks! i really appreciate your feedback!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
This is what I was wondering. I like that you can have separate "stations" to keep in each car... but something about "snapping in" kind of frightens me.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2009 4:08:46 PM
Author: meresal

This is what I was wondering. I like that you can have separate ''stations'' to keep in each car... but something about ''snapping in'' kind of frightens me.
Most, if not all, infant car seats snap into a base.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
one of my friend''s SIL got the orbit and holy crap that thing is huge. i saw a photo of her standing next to it and she is like 5''6" and 9 months preggo and she looked like a tiny little creature next to it. i was like WHAT IS THAT? i know it''s considered like the cadillac of strollers or whatever but it just seemed like overkill for all the features that it offered.

like that scene in baby mama where the salesman is showing off the airbags in the stroller and she is like I''LL TAKE IT hehe.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2009 4:13:34 PM
Author: fiery

Date: 10/20/2009 4:08:46 PM
Author: meresal

This is what I was wondering. I like that you can have separate ''stations'' to keep in each car... but something about ''snapping in'' kind of frightens me.
Most, if not all, infant car seats snap into a base.
LOL! I have 2 nieces and a nephew and I NEVER noticed this!
26.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2009 4:26:25 PM
Author: Mara
one of my friend''s SIL got the orbit and holy crap that thing is huge. i saw a photo of her standing next to it and she is like 5''6'' and 9 months preggo and she looked like a tiny little creature next to it. i was like WHAT IS THAT? i know it''s considered like the cadillac of strollers or whatever but it just seemed like overkill for all the features that it offered.

like that scene in baby mama where the salesman is showing off the airbags in the stroller and she is like I''LL TAKE IT hehe.
Yup Mara, it''s big for what it does. I laughed when I saw it. It''s kind of ridiculous.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
thanks for the orbit feedback. i haven''t seen one in person, but size is a major concern for us. i mean i''m 5''... i need an easy to maneuver + small stroller.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
jcrow, I am only an inch taller. Like TGal said, it ain't sexy but I LOVED our snap 'n go. SO easy to lift, fold, push, etc. I don't have a problem with the height of my volo or BOB either. Can you go test some out?

ETA: eek! for $899.99 PLUS $219.99 for the toddler seat that stroller better fold itself up and float into my trunk on its own. Think of the PP you could buy instead
2.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2009 7:28:08 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
jcrow, I am only an inch taller. Like TGal said, it ain''t sexy but I LOVED our snap ''n go. SO easy to lift, fold, push, etc. I don''t have a problem with the height of my volo or BOB either. Can you go test some out?

ETA: eek! for $899.99 PLUS $219.99 for the toddler seat that stroller better fold itself up and float into my trunk on its own. Think of the PP you could buy instead
2.gif

well, we''ve only gone to one place to look at strollers. today i think we''ll head to bru to see more. hopefully i can actually test them out!

so newbie question... why the need for three strollers? will i need three strollers too?

and what''s pp?

Mrs

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/21/2009 8:58:57 AM
Author: jcrow
Date: 10/20/2009 7:28:08 PM

Author: Tacori E-ring

jcrow, I am only an inch taller. Like TGal said, it ain''t sexy but I LOVED our snap ''n go. SO easy to lift, fold, push, etc. I don''t have a problem with the height of my volo or BOB either. Can you go test some out?

2.gif

well, we''ve only gone to one place to look at strollers. today i think we''ll head to bru to see more. hopefully i can actually test them out!

so newbie question... why the need for three strollers? will i need three strollers too?

and what''s pp?

Jcrow,

You don''t *need* three strollers but many of us do have that many.

1) The snap n go is really just a frame though since the infant car seat snaps into it. It folds up relatively small and is very light weight. Most people use this one when taking the baby somewhere that requires car or air travel when the baby is very small (typically until he/she is 6 mo old though sometimes longer - DD is 7 mos old now and we still use it as our main stroller).

2) Once the baby gets too big for the infant car seat or once he/she gets too heavy to comfortably lift the infant seat in and out of the car with the baby it it, many parents buy a light weight umbrella stroller that folds up well to keep in their car.

3) Parents who do a lot of walking or running often get a jogging stroller as well. These strollers tend to heavier and bulky which is why many choose not to use it as their main stroller but they are more maneuverable which makes them better for long walks/runs or hikes.

You certainly can live with fewer strollers. Some people get a travel system and that''s all though I think you''ll find that most moms here don''t recommend that.

PP is Push Present.

hope this helps and congrats again on your pregnancy!
Mrs

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mrs summed it up. I had a travel system and HATED it. It was like pushing a shopping cart. The snap ''n go was used to maybe 8 months. Basically until she was too heavy for me to carry her in her carrier. The volo stays in my trunk and I use it to travel/airports. My BOB is used to regular walks. I love the REAL wheels. It turns on a dime and makes pushing a stroller actually enjoyable. So you don''t NEED 3 but if you go with the s''ng you will need two for sure. The nice thing about the s''ng is it is cheap (I think $50) and you can get a volo around $80-100 so you aren''t invested too much. I would always suggest just getting what you need NOW. They come out with new products, new versions it is best to wait until your baby is 6 months to decide what you want your long term stroller to be.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Mrs + Tacori, thanks for the information! that makes sense now!

Tacori E-ring - do you use the bob anywhere else besides for walking/jogging? or is it too big to do so?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
people around here have BOBs...they are like the super trendy IT stroller, i see them everywhere. the footprint is a little big for me, i just hate how big strollers are in general. and i am a tall sturdy gal but seriously pushing these things sometimes is like 'why is it so heavy and padded within an inch of it's life?'. but yep jcrow people seem to really like them in general and they don't just use them for walking.

i am not into the multi-strollers thing just because we flat out don't have the room. so we'll borrow a sng from our neighbor or a friend and use that as long as he's in the infant seat..then we can give it back. then we'll get something...i haven't figured out what yet but i think we just might want til we have him and know what our real needs are before buying. it is tempting to have something all ready but on the flip side... i'm not even sure what we want. i also want to see if he takes to the bjorn or the peanut shell because that will be an alternate carrying method that will help us without a larger stroller.

i still love the quinny buzz as my first and foremost, plus i loved it in person and it maneuvers like a dream, but we have to get the car situ worked out first to know what kind of trunk room we have too.

we're borrowing our neighbor's swing and maybe a bouncy seat and she was like let me know when you want them and i said well unless you need to give them now, then hang onto them cuz THE KID IS STILL BAKING. but i really don't want to store them just yet!! i am happy to borrow for sure though.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
jcrow, I take the BOB for bigger outings too (like the zoo, farmer''s market, etc). For quick trips she goes in the volo which you can fold and lift with one hand. SO nice. I think BOBs are popular here but not what I would call trendy. I see more gracos and chiccos. Besides they are popular for a reason. Remember once your kid gets heavier (like my 30 lber) pushing a stroller gets harder. If you have a nice stroller to begin with it is so much easier. We have an SUV so transporting the BOB is no big deal. I even took it on my last trip (airplane) b/c I needed something larger.

I was REALLY torn between the BOB and Baby Jogger''s city/elite. BJ''s probably makes a more user friendly stroller...fabric comes off so you can wash it, handles move, can easily add a tray, I think you can even add a jump seat but in the end I chose the BOB b/c it is a TRUE jogger. My DH runs so I figured it was worth it if there was a chance he might take her with him. I also like how the BOB folds inwards (not out like the BJ) b/c it keeps it cleaner IMHO. Also I think BOBs have better resale value since it is a better known brand. I know several people have the BJ mini and love it. I personally wanted real tires. Makes a big difference IMHO. I went to USA baby (do they have those where you live) to test drive them. REIs have them as well. If you like one of those two I mentioned wait for their 20% member''s coupon. Worth it. Good luck!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Jcrow
Ditto on not "needing" three strollers. We started with the Quinny Buzz, and were set on using that stroller forever. We ended up getting an umbrella stroller only b/c we didn''t want to move the stroller between our cars anymore. We didn''t need a second stroller, but it''s more convenience. We also never bought an infant seat, so no Snap n Go for us. But I can see the convenience of it. I think a lot of moms end up with multiple strollers b/c they don''t know what they want and need in a stroller before the baby is here.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Tacori E-ring - thanks for the feedback. i'm just trying to gauge what we'll need based on our lifestyle. not sure if we have a usababy near us, but i'll look into it. i do know rei is nearby. we'll go check out the bob there.

oh, and we currently don't have an suv. my car still has a few years in it, so i doubt we'll be getting one anytime soon...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results