shape
carat
color
clarity

Preggo stuff, Baby Stuff, Toddler Stuff...post your best finds here!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
DD, the removable bassinet came with our Combi P''nP. BTW I will never buy a car seat that doesn''t have the botton to adjust the shoulder straps. My Chicco has it and it makes things SOOO much easier. That''s Tacori''s tip of the day
2.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2008 7:50:19 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
DD, the removable bassinet came with our Combi P'nP.
Tacori, thanks, but I made a typo in my post. We are NOT currently planning to get a pack n' play, I think with the size of our house we won't really need it (though we will see after baby is born). So I am looking for other options I guess...

Bouncy seats and swings: Any recommendations? I don't think I've seen anything posted here yet...

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2008 7:42:31 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
Date: 10/2/2008 5:17:08 PM

Author: neatfreak

Lindsay and DD I also was thinking about getting a basic arms reach cosleeper. But all the moms in my mothers of multiples groups say don't bother because they are so expensive for something you won't use long. But those who used them thought they were nice, just not really worth the $. But if you've got the $ to spend, go for it! I might try and find a used one on craigslist.

So what did co-sleeping mom's use instead? I like the idea of the removeable basinet that Tacori mentioned, but we are not currently planning to get a pack n play... our bed is simply too small for us and baby and I wonder, if the baby is at a much lower level or higher level (like in a basinet on the floor or a regular basinet) then doesn't that defeat part of the purpose of co-sleeping, which is not having to really 'get up' to nurse? I know when baby is little you need to get up anyways, but later on you can nurse laying on your side etc (at least many of my friends have)... anyways, just wondering what the mamas used that you know of NF.

Those who used cosleepers loved the arms reach, just didn't think it was something that was worth the money if you are short on $ or trying to decide where to spend. They are pricey at almost $200 each!

Many of them simply pulled a crib up to their bed! If you have the room this seems like the most economical option.

Also it's worth mentioning that the arm's reach isn't **really** a cosleeper as it isn't in your bed. If you want a single baby true cosleeper they can be really cheap.

I have to say that I succumbed to the arms reach full size cosleeper, but only because I found one on craigslist here for $50 practically brand new just a few days ago!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
dd we had the fisher price papsan for a swing and it helped soothe the little guy in the beginning. i guess any one of the fisher price swings are good. i haven''t heard anything bad about them yet. and we also had the fisher price papsan bouncy seat as well. that was nice in the beginning too so he was able to sit there and entertain himself or sleep in it and i was able to do stuff.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2008 8:50:03 PM

Those who used cosleepers loved the arms reach, just didn''t think it was something that was worth the money if you are short on $ or trying to decide where to spend. They are pricey at almost $200 each!

Many of them simply pulled a crib up to their bed! If you have the room this seems like the most economical option.

Also it''s worth mentioning that the arm''s reach isn''t **really** a cosleeper as it isn''t in your bed. If you want a single baby true cosleeper they can be really cheap.

I have to say that I succumbed to the arms reach full size cosleeper, but only because I found one on craigslist here for $50 practically brand new just a few days ago!
LOL! The dark side got you! I think "true" co-sleeping is out for us since our bed is too small, so this seemed like a good option. My mom had a "sidecar" with me and loved it. I imagine our baby will sleep in our room for at least the first 6-9 months, so this may be a good investment for us. The mini-convertable co-sleeper may be a good option for us since it is also a playard and a travel bed (it comes with a bag so you can fold it and take it places), and it is a little under $200 here. I may peruse craig''s list, but something in my thinks used sleeping things are yucky
14.gif
I''ve never used craigs list, so fear of the unkown may get me! LOL!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
DD, P''NP are great for traveling. Also if we are going to dinner at a friend''s house we bring that so she can crash in another room. Some people use them as play pens too (we haven''t).

For swings I would get one that swings BOTH ways (back/forth and side to side). Some babies will only like one way. We have the same one as Puffy. I feel like I saw one really cheap recently and cannot remember where. We have the matching bouncy seat. T never really LOVED to hang out in it but she did sleep in it for the first month (b/c of suspected reflux).

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2008 9:02:14 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
Date: 10/20/2008 8:50:03 PM

Those who used cosleepers loved the arms reach, just didn''t think it was something that was worth the money if you are short on $ or trying to decide where to spend. They are pricey at almost $200 each!

Also it''s worth mentioning that the arm''s reach isn''t **really** a cosleeper as it isn''t in your bed. If you want a single baby true cosleeper they can be really cheap.

LOL! The dark side got you! I think ''true'' co-sleeping is out for us since our bed is too small, so this seemed like a good option. My mom had a ''sidecar'' with me and loved it. I imagine our baby will sleep in our room for at least the first 6-9 months, so this may be a good investment for us. The mini-convertable co-sleeper may be a good option for us since it is also a playard and a travel bed (it comes with a bag so you can fold it and take it places), and it is a little under $200 here. I may peruse craig''s list, but something in my thinks used sleeping things are yucky
14.gif
I''ve never used craigs list, so fear of the unkown may get me! LOL!

Normally I would agree about the used sleeping things, but I figure that for a few months and with a new waterproof pad and sheets nothing bad will really touch the babies! Plus this thing was literally used like 3 times (mom decided that she didn''t like the baby sleeping in their room), so my thrifty side won out!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the swing suggestions, I can totally see the benefit of the dual directions so I added the papasan to our registry. I think I will hold off on the chair until we see what our needs are. I''d like to babywear as much as possible and so many babies I have seen don''t really dig the little chairs... we shall see I guess! Maybe I will get one as a hand-me-down
3.gif
I think a number of our friends may be passing things our way.

Tacori the mini-convertable co-sleeper also packs to travel (it''s frame is similar to a PnP) and is about the same size as a playard, so it may be the better "kill 2 birds with 1 stone" option for us. I''m gonna go check it out this weekend and see what I think.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2008 9:21:39 PM
Normally I would agree about the used sleeping things, but I figure that for a few months and with a new waterproof pad and sheets nothing bad will really touch the babies! Plus this thing was literally used like 3 times (mom decided that she didn''t like the baby sleeping in their room), so my thrifty side won out!
Oh I hear you! I think I am just to lazy to look around
3.gif
I''ll have to see what I can find after I have checked it out in person and decided it is the thing for me...

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to share some information on babycarriers. Or rather, I''ll just share a LINK to a website. I really like the information I got from this website on all the different kinds and directions on different ways to wear them. There''s even a guide to help you choose that includes this comparrison chart. I have no experience with any of them yet, but after reading all about these I can''t wait to try out a wrap (like the moby or the gypsy) and a mei tei carrier. And I found another really cool place to design your own mei tei carrier, http://www.babyhawk.com/

fisiogrl

Shiny_Rock
Is there a way to search just this thread?

I am looking to see what high chairs people are buying. The Fisher Price ones seem to get good reviews, but they seem kinda ugly...

any other recommendations?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2008 1:10:52 AM
Author: fisiogrl

I am looking to see what high chairs people are buying. The Fisher Price ones seem to get good reviews, but they seem kinda ugly...

I talk about my Boon Flair a lot (b/c I am in love) You can search those words on PS but not just a single thread. We talk about it a few pages back.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I just picked up the Tiny Love Gymini Super Deluxe Lights & Music activity mat for $45 at Amazon.com. It is $65 at BRU and usually $55 at Amazon. I don''t know how long the price will last. I have discovered a lower than normal price at Amazon on a few items over the last several months, and sometimes the price only lasts a few hours before it reverts to the normal higher price.

http://www.amazon.com/Tiny-Love-Gymini-Super-Deluxe/dp/B000067K0L/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1225374676&sr=8-1

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2008 9:56:48 AM
Author: Kay
I just picked up the Tiny Love Gymini Super Deluxe Lights & Music activity mat for $45 at Amazon.com. It is $65 at BRU and usually $55 at Amazon. I don''t know how long the price will last. I have discovered a lower than normal price at Amazon on a few items over the last several months, and sometimes the price only lasts a few hours before it reverts to the normal higher price.

http://www.amazon.com/Tiny-Love-Gymini-Super-Deluxe/dp/B000067K0L/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1225374676&sr=8-1

We have that too from a friend. Her daughter LOVED that thing!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kay, I think that is the one we have. I also ordered the wind chimes (where they kick it) and those were great (they just clip on the arch). T still plays with it sometimes.

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
The husband and I have been doing a lot of stroller shopping lately! We''ve been to a ton of stores, and it''s been a lot of fun. First I will say that we pretty much liked all of the strollers we were looking at. We looked at the Peg Perrego Skate, the I''coo Targo, the Bugaboo Cameleon, and a few other stand alone strollers and snap and go''s.

We''ve settled on the Mutsy 4Rider which we both really love. It comes with a bassinet and normal stroller seat, but you can use the frame as a snap and go frame which I really like. The ride was the smoothest, you can flip the stroller seat towards you or away, and it has different heights for the bassinet or stroller seat to sit at. One of the nicest things for me was how by gently pressing on a button the stroller handle adjusted -- I am short, and the stroller is very comfortable for me to push, but also for my husband too. Anyway, they were all great strollers (although the bumpiness of some of the normal snap and go''s over cobblestone scared me!) but just wanted to share what we''re getting!

mutsy11.JPG

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
The stroller seat

mutsy22.JPG

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
This gadget is one that came highly recommended to me, and has a bunch of really high reviews on Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/Coast-Innovations-Itzbeen-Baby-Timer/dp/B000MEB3GE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1225636491&sr=1-1

It''s only $25 and is alleged to be a godsend to new parents. In the first few weeks and months it can help you keep track of the last time the baby ate, slept, had a diaper change. You just hit the button when you do it, and then you can see how long its been. Many parents recommended it even if you''re keeping logs, because when you''re sleep deprived, it can still be hard to do the mental math.

itzbeen.jpg

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2008 1:10:52 AM
Author: fisiogrl

We tried Amelia in literally dozens of high chairs before buying one (poor kid!) ranging all the way up to serious designer kit at around £3k. (Why???)
We wanted one that wasn''t too bulky, that we could keep clean easily, that she would be comfortable in, that kept her in a good position for eating and that was very safe and stable.

We couldn''t find a better one than the £10 IKEA basic. It has an optional inflatable insert which we can adjust it to fit and support her completely as she grows. It isn''t any uglier than the others and it is very safe and stable. Amelia is just starting solids and she loves sitting with us for meals. It''s the right height for her to sit at the dinner table.

They do thim with and without trays. We got one of each. There''s one in my kitchen, dining room, friend''s house, mother''s house, trunk of my car etc- for £10, you can get them in all 3 colours too!
9.gif

Jen

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK guys, this was on mama bargains today for 65 bucks (SRP 159). I have to say, it''s an interesting concept so thought you might have fun checking it out. Especially for you space conscious families.

It''s a high chair, rocking horse and desk/chair all in one. www.trichair.net . Mamabargains had the following demo video up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyR7s_Z0-JE

Whatever will the think of next??

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
ladies, beco baby carriers for 63 bucks on mamabargains...carriers are expensive so if you want them, these are a good deal (cute prints too!)

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Tgal you''re so good at this! :) Much appreciated my friend.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks! I try, but you gotta act fast. Beco carriers are gone (knew they would be) and now there is a sling up.

mamabargains has great deals...also babysteals does too, but they only put up a new deal once a day.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Boo hoo, living in Canada I don't think it is so simple to partake in the bargains!
39.gif
There just aren't as many up here!

Okay, breaking stroller news...

We have decided against getting an expensive stroller. Although I love the Bugaboo it just doesn't meet ALL our needs and for that price, I want the moon!
9.gif
Instead, we have fallen in love with a lightweight stroller called the Baby Jogger Citi Mini. It weighs a whopping 16lbs (feels like less), steers with a single finger, has the biggest most impressive canopy ever (no hanging towels on the canopy for this lady!), and best of all you can fold it with one hand by simply pulling a strap that is on the seat! So you can have baby in one arm and fold the stroller and put it in the trunk with the other! Then you can unfold it one-handed too. It really steers like a dream. It retails for about $219 US/$270 CAN, but we got it for $100 less because it is available through DH's parent's discount club. It has many nice accessories including an almost universal car-seat attachment that allows you to use it like a sort-of snap and go--it is as light and steers better then the ones we have seen.

Here is a video from Baby Gizmo where they show you the stroller in action--watch out for the last minute where she demonstrated the easy one-handed fold holding a two-year old! : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ksK4NXnEsk

Here is the review of BabyGizmo: http://www.babygizmo.com/editor/review/2008_baby_jogger_city_mini_single_in_blue_grey/67102.html

Next summer when we have a better idea of our needs we will probably get a BOB for our second stroller, since this one will not be great for all-day trips or excursions that involve running or bumpy terrain/grass... in fact, our friends have a single BOB that they don't use anymore so we are probably going to see if they will sell it to us. I love the BOB and my objection to it was that it has too large a footprint for shopping or going on the bus... the City Mini is perfect for both of those activities, so I think having both strollers will cover ALL of our needs and the total pricetag will be less than the Bugaboo.

citiminibabyjogger2.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good choice DD! I read about that stroller back when I had a stroller fetish and it got rave reviews from many moms. Is that the color you are getting? I love green!

PrettyBlues

Shiny_Rock
Hey DD, can I ask where you got the stroller? Is it a canada-wide chain, or just an independent store? I am trying to help my sister find a stroller, and was just reading up on that one as it seems like a great one, especially for the price. But if she could get it for $100 cheaper, then that is even better!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks TGal, it really is a great lightweight stroller! And that is the color we are getting, it is a lovely sage green.

Prettyblues we are getting it through DirectBuy, which is a members discount club. DH's parents are members. It is available at lots of Canadian retilers, and in the US you can get it for even less.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
DD, yay for find the stroller of your dreams! Love the color. Green is a great neutral.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
HOORAY DD!! That is the hardest purchase by far!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL! Thanks guys!
9.gif
We are also pretty sold on getting a BOB for our larger stroller... found it at Mountain Equipment Co-op for $415 and free shipping in Canada, which is about $80 less than most retailers.

Does anyone think that prices of such items will increase by next summer, particularly Canadian prices with the dollar dropping?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results