shape
carat
color
clarity

Preggo stuff, Baby Stuff, Toddler Stuff...post your best finds here!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Q, you love orange so much I might pony up the $40 for the color you want if I was you. How old is M again? Maybe if you wait a month more places will offer the white/orange one since it is fairly new. I''ll look around for you to!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2008 2:16:27 AM
Author: qtiekiki

Yeah I think you are basically for the steel base.

I showed the boon flair in blue and white to DH again yesterday (I showed it to him before, but he doesn't remember anything). I asked him what he thinks of the high chair. He said 'sure looks like an expensive high chair.'
20.gif
Anyways I found it on sale for $188.95 for the blue and white one, so now I am thinking about getting the blue and white to save ~$40 (the white and orange one is $229.99).
oooh Q! Where did you see the blue/white one for $188.95? Good price!
I'm in Canada, and we just don't get the same 'deals' you get in the states.
29.gif
So annoying. We either have to ship in here (and then pay duty etc) or else buy locally for WAY higher prices.
40.gif

ETA: I can see the Boon Flair Standard on amazon.com for $188.95 with the translucent frosted glass colored seat with a white pad and plastic base.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
mela, I got mine at Amazon and paid something like that. I think my seat looks opaque though
33.gif
The plastic base does not bother me.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Tacori - a lot of the online reviews say that the tray is *too* small. My comment is...how much space does a child realistically need? It''s not like they are needing space for a formal place setting (LOL) or space to multi-task while they eat!
41.gif
haha.

So, yah, my question is...are these reviews being too harsh? Is the tray too small?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2008 12:28:25 PM
Author: mela lu
Tacori - a lot of the online reviews say that the tray is *too* small. My comment is...how much space does a child realistically need? It''s not like they are needing space for a formal place setting (LOL) or space to multi-task while they eat!
41.gif
haha.

So, yah, my question is...are these reviews being too harsh? Is the tray too small?

The tray is smaller but it is perfect IMHO. You don''t want to put too much food in front of them at a time anyways. Right now she is sitting in it with rice, avocado, and chicken pieces on her tray. There is still room. I like it b/c the liners FIT in the dishwasher. It makes my life so much easier. I babysat a 2 year old and his meal fit fine on there too.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
right. The tray liner IS the plate. I think the problem was that a lot of the reviewers were trying to put a full size plate on top of the liner, right?

man oh man. I lurve this chair.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
mela, I am not sure the age they start using plates. I guess when they understand it is not cool to throw them...so not for awhile
20.gif
3.gif
I did put a kid's plate my mom bought for her (that she hasn't used yet) and it fit on the tray. It's probably the side of a salad/dessert plate. I am assuming the boon plates fit. One of our family friends said a high chair will be in my kitchen for a LONG time so I better like it. I guess that stuck with me. I get happy every time I see my flair. It wasn't *that* much more than the standard full size ones so for me it was worth it. The elite...no way! Let me know what you decide.
1.gif
BTW I put a picture of T in it SOMEWHERE on PS if you are curious to see it in use.

ETA: when we visit my mom or MIL (they have the FP one TGAL has) we use the tray as the plate too...but the problem is the tray is so much harder to clean than a liner. Plus it did not fit in my MIL's dishwasher (but it is dishwasher safe). Also the seat is harder to clean IMHO.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
no really, I''m more SOLD with each passing post. LOL. LOVE IT!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mela, you are so funny. I don''t think you will regret it. It''s been almost 6 months and I still love mine.

<------ look, in her boon
9.gif

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Tacori and Mela
I am so excited to see all this talk about the boon! I have been researching the same questions that Mela had and I can''t wait to get my high chair! It is 199 at bru and I guess if I buy it I should get 10% off(since it was on my registry), so that will be great. We did receive lots of gift cards so it will be a help.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pave I would wait until they have a high chair coupon too (you can stack them). Not sure how it works for online purchases. Or remember that Amazon price is with free shipping and no tax (most likely) so make sure you factor that in to make sure you are getting the best deal. Hope you ladies love it as much as I. I feel pressure now!

ETA: let me know if you ladies have any other questions.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
PSA
Awesome deal on Peg Perego Skate at babycenter. It''s on sale for $599.99 (regular price $899.99).

Quinny Buzz is also on sale for $467.49 (regular price $549.99). It''s on sale because the ''09 model is 4 wheels.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
It looks like the Boon is becoming a trend here. I actually added the Boon Flair highchair to my babycatalog.com registry a few weeks ago. It is $188 there (free shipping, no tax), or $170 with the 10% membership discount.

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the deals qtiekiki.

Also I recommend searching for your baby gear through Microsoft Live''s Cashback site (just google that.) You can find the Perego Skate for $532 with free shipping, and the Mutsy 4rider light (my fav) for $449! It''s on sale at one of their retailers for $499 with free shipping, then you''d get a credit to your Microsoft Cashback account (you create one) of $50 sometime after the purchase.

I am really kicking myself for not taking advantage of their deals sooner. Most of their retailers are offering 6-10% off now, but just last month, csnbaby was doing like 26% off. It was crazy. The $400 co-sleeper I want was like $200.... agh. And I won''t hurt anyone''s feelings by saying how much the Perego Skate was...
3.gif

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Tacori. Tessa makes me melt. She is just THAT gorgeous.
All of you mommies with your super-cute avatar''s make me smile everytime
9.gif

I''m going to see if Amazon.com delivers to Canada. I feel like it *should*, we''re only a hop/skip/jump away. Sometimes it feels like we''re worlds away at how different our consumer experiences are. sigh.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t think I have ever started a PS trend before! How exciting!!!
36.gif
Mela, that is very kind. DH and I often have the conversation "how did *we* make such a beautiful baby?"
2.gif

sbde

Brilliant_Rock
ooh. qtiekiki & Lindsey thank you for the tips!

keep those deals coming - i''m looking for a stroller right now (haven''t narrowed down exactly which one) but these great deals could definitely sway me either way.

SquareCut

Shiny_Rock
Great thread! Here are a couple of mesh crib bumpers I thought were post-worthy. The first works for solid end cribs, but it''s out of stock right now. The second is a mesh crib sheild that seems like a great idea. I havn''t tried them yet but was planning it.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/602-2158902-7824655?asin=B001D089DQ&AFID=Pricegrabber&LNM=B001D089DQ|BreathableBaby_Breathable_Bumper_Solid_Ends_-_White&ref=tgt_adv_XSP10001

http://www.buybuybaby.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&BRN=1&sku=16022080&

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Has anyone ever used a co-sleeper bassinet? I am pretty sure that I will buy this co-sleeper from Arm''s Reach. It is a bassinet, but one side of railing can be taken off, and it can be hooked up to the side of your bed. It has an adjustable height, so that it can fit the height of your bed as well. I love this one in particular as it matches our own bedroom furniture. I like that it can be used as a co-sleeper or as a standalone bassinet.

Expresso.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2008 11:12:41 AM
Author: *Lindsey*
Has anyone ever used a co-sleeper bassinet? I am pretty sure that I will buy this co-sleeper from Arm''s Reach. It is a bassinet, but one side of railing can be taken off, and it can be hooked up to the side of your bed. It has an adjustable height, so that it can fit the height of your bed as well. I love this one in particular as it matches our own bedroom furniture. I like that it can be used as a co-sleeper or as a standalone bassinet.
Lindey, I am also planning to use an arms-reach co-sleeper but I am getting their basic model. Hopefully some others will chime in. I think there are a few people here who used them, but most others used some other form of basinet (like their stroller or something) to save the $$$.

That one sure is purdy... I just wonder if the money is worth it since it will only be used for about 3-6 months (depending on how long you want to co-sleep). Of course, if you just like it, then its worth it
2.gif

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
count me in!! i''ve officially registered for the boon high chair. thanks tacori. :)
i LOVE this thread.

wondering if any of you have any advice on SLINGS??
would love to wear the baby, but there are SO many out there....not sure which one would be best???

thanks in advance!!
xo,lia

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2008 1:10:46 PM
Author: lover in athens
wondering if any of you have any advice on SLINGS??
would love to wear the baby, but there are SO many out there....not sure which one would be best???
Ditto! I think we may need one for when the baby is > 3mo, and another for when baby is > than 3mo, because of the changes in strength and hodling up the head etc??

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
i used the arm''s reach co-sleeper and i LOVED it while we were using it. it is so convenient especially for those middle of the night feedings. we only used ours for about 1.5 months or so though because my little guy started sleeping through the night then so we moved him to his crib into his own room. but i am definitely going to use it for the second one when ever that is going to be.

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/2/2008 2:13:48 PM
Author: puffy
i used the arm''s reach co-sleeper and i LOVED it while we were using it. it is so convenient especially for those middle of the night feedings. we only used ours for about 1.5 months or so though because my little guy started sleeping through the night then so we moved him to his crib into his own room. but i am definitely going to use it for the second one when ever that is going to be.

Thanks for the feedback! I''m glad to hear that you like yours.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lia, welcome to the club! Hope you like it as much as we do. T HATED our sling. HATED it. She never liked having her view restricted.

Lindsey, it is pretty but looks expensive. Hey, if you guys want to spend money on something you are going to use for a few months go for it. We have the combi P''NP and it has a REMOVABLE bassinet. That is what we used.

Squarecut, we LOVE our mesh bumper. Still in her crib.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lindsay and DD I also was thinking about getting a basic arms reach cosleeper. But all the moms in my mothers of multiples groups say don''t bother because they are so expensive for something you won''t use long. But those who used them thought they were nice, just not really worth the $. But if you''ve got the $ to spend, go for it! I might try and find a used one on craigslist.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Our local Craiglist regularly has used cosleepers for about $50. We bought one for $40. I''d give that a try.

LIA - I keep hearing that www.thebabywearer.com has all of the information that you could ever want to know about different types of carriers (including slings), but I haven''t gotten around to checking it out myself yet.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
ooh thanks for posting the link to that site Blein. I had started a thread months ago trying to collect reviews of different carriers, but got nadda.
37.gif
I LOVE the concept of a sling, but need to do more research. thanks for that!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
PSA: Mamabargains has the Fleurville mothership for 46 bucks. That''s cheap for this bag in case anyone is interested. I am pretty sure they will sell out quick!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2008 5:17:08 PM
Author: neatfreak
Lindsay and DD I also was thinking about getting a basic arms reach cosleeper. But all the moms in my mothers of multiples groups say don't bother because they are so expensive for something you won't use long. But those who used them thought they were nice, just not really worth the $. But if you've got the $ to spend, go for it! I might try and find a used one on craigslist.
So what did co-sleeping mom's use instead? I like the idea of the removeable basinet that Tacori mentioned, but we are not currently planning to get a pack n play... our bed is simply too small for us and baby and I wonder, if the baby is at a much lower level or higher level (like in a basinet on the floor or a regular basinet) then doesn't that defeat part of the purpose of co-sleeping, which is not having to really "get up" to nurse? I know when baby is little you need to get up anyways, but later on you can nurse laying on your side etc (at least many of my friends have)... anyways, just wondering what the mamas used that you know of NF.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results