shape
carat
color
clarity

Preggo stuff, Baby Stuff, Toddler Stuff...post your best finds here!!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
Tacori we have the double sided kitchen. it''s similar to the one T has. Brady LOVES it. he could play with that thing for hours.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
puffy, those fisher price people know what they are doing
2.gif
I am planning on getting her a wooden kitchen so that is why I chose the house. I am sure they are similar though. TRU had it on sale and I had two coupons so I got it for $20 off too.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 9:49:35 AM
Author: janinegirly
That''s my experience too Curly (it collapses because there is no support on ends when it is not within stroller).

DD--I wonder if you know any more details? Unfortunately i can''t take it back to the store--I''m kind of not doing too much anymore and don''t want to think about lugging that thing anywhere! But hey, at least I''m working from home now and therefore will be on the board much more! hehe.
Janine, I asked my friends about this and they said that when they took it out of the box when they had their second baby, they too found it collapsed... then they realized they had forgotten to insert some pieces! There are white/clear plastic pieces that slide into the head and foot ends of the bassinet which keep it stiff enough to rest on the floor. Easy to overlook, but they said that you probably missed them when you assembled the bassinet, it is easy to do. I knew I wasn''t crazy! They have the Bugaboo Frog and indeed rest it on the floor all the time, I saw their little boy and girl sleeping in it on the living room floor many times. The white plastic inserts make it just sturdy enough to stay upright.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/22/2008 10:00:02 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
puffy, those fisher price people know what they are doing
2.gif
I am planning on getting her a wooden kitchen so that is why I chose the house. I am sure they are similar though. TRU had it on sale and I had two coupons so I got it for $20 off too.

Yes i know...they do know what they are doing!!! did you get it when it was 30% off? or something like that. i got it when it was 30% off and then i had another coupon for 20% off. it was a DEAL, so i had t get it. and i am so glad i did as he loves it and it gives me a break to get stuff done.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
totally random, but last night I had a dream that I got a Bugaboo Frog on eBay for $350 but I was kinda upset because I wanted the chameleon, but couldn''t pass up the deal. Um, Mela...step away from the stroller obsession. whoa.
9.gif

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
DD: thanks for following up for me!

Sadly i do not remember any plastic inserts..so that''s so strange. Maybe I just missed it and threw it out. But i also have combed the directions (and the assembly CD rom) and there is no mention of plastic inserts. Maybe it''s something I can pick up at Home Depot or something.

In the meantime I ended up buying a Moses basket..which I love anyway. It''s so adorable with pink lining. I managed to find one on craigslist that was unused for only $15 so it allowed me to not feel too guilty!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/23/2008 10:13:20 AM
Author: mela lu
totally random, but last night I had a dream that I got a Bugaboo Frog on eBay for $350 but I was kinda upset because I wanted the chameleon, but couldn''t pass up the deal. Um, Mela...step away from the stroller obsession. whoa.
9.gif

heehee, i had to laugh at that dream! i have a chameleon and i love it, but probably not as much as i did when i got it. i just think that sometimes it''s sill to have to take it apart to put in the car and you have to put it together to use it. i mean, it''s not hard work, but i guess that''s a bugaboo for you. i still use it when i go for walks, but i keep the maclaren in the car now. i am a stroller obsessed mama, that''s for sure!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/23/2008 10:22:06 AM

Sadly i do not remember any plastic inserts..so that's so strange. Maybe I just missed it and threw it out. But i also have combed the directions (and the assembly CD rom) and there is no mention of plastic inserts. Maybe it's something I can pick up at Home Depot or something.

In the meantime I ended up buying a Moses basket..which I love anyway. It's so adorable with pink lining. I managed to find one on craigslist that was unused for only $15 so it allowed me to not feel too guilty!
janine, there were no plastic inserts with ours either!
33.gif
Granted it was over a year ago and DH put it together but he's anal about things like that and if there were "extra parts" we'd know about them, unless they just looked like something that could be thrown away. I'm stumped!

Nice work on the moses basket. I think they are so cute and wanted to get one but I was overruled!!!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2008 2:32:45 PM
TGal, both my mom and MIL have that highchair. I don't love it but I am spoiled with my Boon. I am glad it is working out for you.

I have to add a new (early b-day present) toy. It's the Fisher Price Laugh and Learn house. T *loves* it! We play peek-a-boo with the little window. She crawls through the front door and goes in circles. It sing songs and talks to her. Lots of fun. Plus it TOTALLY is my style and my home is decorated like the house
27.gif
bwaahaahaa. Sorry, couldn't resist.
3.gif
emteeth.gif
27.gif
I love you even more now!!!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/23/2008 2:40:43 PM
Author: curlygirl
Date: 9/22/2008 2:32:45 PM

TGal, both my mom and MIL have that highchair. I don''t love it but I am spoiled with my Boon. I am glad it is working out for you.

I have to add a new (early b-day present) toy. It''s the Fisher Price Laugh and Learn house. T *loves* it! We play peek-a-boo with the little window. She crawls through the front door and goes in circles. It sing songs and talks to her. Lots of fun. Plus it TOTALLY is my style and my home is decorated like the house
27.gif
bwaahaahaa. Sorry, couldn''t resist.
3.gif

emteeth.gif
27.gif
I love you even more now!!!!!

12.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/23/2008 2:10:34 PM
Author: curlygirl

Date: 9/23/2008 10:22:06 AM

Sadly i do not remember any plastic inserts..so that''s so strange. Maybe I just missed it and threw it out. But i also have combed the directions (and the assembly CD rom) and there is no mention of plastic inserts. Maybe it''s something I can pick up at Home Depot or something.

In the meantime I ended up buying a Moses basket..which I love anyway. It''s so adorable with pink lining. I managed to find one on craigslist that was unused for only $15 so it allowed me to not feel too guilty!
janine, there were no plastic inserts with ours either!
33.gif
Granted it was over a year ago and DH put it together but he''s anal about things like that and if there were ''extra parts'' we''d know about them, unless they just looked like something that could be thrown away. I''m stumped!

Nice work on the moses basket. I think they are so cute and wanted to get one but I was overruled!!!
Curiouser and curiouser!! I''m gonna ask to see their stoller next time I am there.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2008 1:21:47 PM
Author: TravelingGal
OK, one more thing to review...

I know Curly has one and there are some of you out there with small spaces. So I thought I''d review the Fisher Price Saver High chair which I just bought...

We just have no space in our place so the thought of another piece of ''furniture'' made me ill. After reading the reviews, I bought this chair and I really like it.

The seat cover is nice and neutral - definitely not offensive! It has 3 recline positions and a full tray, which you can adjust the distance. At 10 pounds, it''s light.

Amelia fits fine in it and likes it. I had been using the bouncy chair to feed her and she does better on a recline right now but had to cover it with a towel so I wouldn''t get glop everywhere. So I really like the recline feature on this chair.

Also, being Korean, I''m just really comfortable on the floor, so I LOVE having a chair I can just plop on the floor. In fact, we will probably not secure it to a chair until she is a little older. I just use a wipable pad thing which I put on the carpet and then plop the chair on top of it. A really nice perk for me.

Easy to store away (we just keep it on one of the dining chairs since we only have 2 of us in the house and 6 chairs. I don''t know about the durability issues, but at this point I can definitely recommend the chair. It''s 54.99 at BRU but I used a 20% and a 5 dollar of 25 dollar coupon bringing it to 43 including tax. You can find it online for about 44-49 bucks.

Is the cover removable to wash in the washer? And is it something that can be carried around to be used in the restaurants?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2008 2:46:09 PM
Author: qtiekiki

Date: 9/22/2008 1:21:47 PM
Author: TravelingGal
OK, one more thing to review...

I know Curly has one and there are some of you out there with small spaces. So I thought I''d review the Fisher Price Saver High chair which I just bought...

We just have no space in our place so the thought of another piece of ''furniture'' made me ill. After reading the reviews, I bought this chair and I really like it.

The seat cover is nice and neutral - definitely not offensive! It has 3 recline positions and a full tray, which you can adjust the distance. At 10 pounds, it''s light.

Amelia fits fine in it and likes it. I had been using the bouncy chair to feed her and she does better on a recline right now but had to cover it with a towel so I wouldn''t get glop everywhere. So I really like the recline feature on this chair.

Also, being Korean, I''m just really comfortable on the floor, so I LOVE having a chair I can just plop on the floor. In fact, we will probably not secure it to a chair until she is a little older. I just use a wipable pad thing which I put on the carpet and then plop the chair on top of it. A really nice perk for me.

Easy to store away (we just keep it on one of the dining chairs since we only have 2 of us in the house and 6 chairs. I don''t know about the durability issues, but at this point I can definitely recommend the chair. It''s 54.99 at BRU but I used a 20% and a 5 dollar of 25 dollar coupon bringing it to 43 including tax. You can find it online for about 44-49 bucks.

Is the cover removable to wash in the washer? And is it something that can be carried around to be used in the restaurants?
Yes, easily removable (and wipable, since it''s vinyl) and you can totally take it to restaurants. I was thinking of doing so until she can sit up in a restaurant high chair (right now she would flop over). I think Amelia would like "sitting" with everyone.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Tgal. I''m thinking about getting one for when we visit my parents in the Bay Area.

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
what do you guys think of this glider?? at costco for $500 including S&H...

11168613.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
My glider looks similar (in the nursery thread) and I love how comfortable it is! I also really hate the look of wooden gliders. I would go and sit in it. Make sure it seems like good quality and comfy.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Q, did you decide on the high chair you are getting for home yet? Still looking at the flair or elite?

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
yeah I''m pretty sure I''ll get the flair. I haven''t told DH yet.
9.gif
But I think I will buy it with my fun money if he opposes. I want the new white/orange one.

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 12:22:53 PM
My glider looks similar (in the nursery thread) and I love how comfortable it is! I also really hate the look of wooden gliders. I would go and sit in it. Make sure it seems like good quality and comfy.

thanks tacori! i LOVE your nursery.
unfortunately, it''s only available from costco online, so i can''t try it out first. and i can''t go to stores right now either (damn bedrest is getting OOOOOLD!!!). but i figure costco has such a liberal return policy we could just load it up and bring it back to costco if it doesn''t work???

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
lover in athens my glider also looks similar to that one. i love it. it is super comfy and soft. i totally agree with you about the return policy at costco. if you get it and don''t like it, just return it.
but if you don''t get it at costco, they have similar ones a BRU that you can go try out there. just a thought....

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Twin mamas (or Irish twin mamas) I used my neighbor''s double BOB today and am sold. It is so smooth and steers effortlessly. I had no problem pushing it around Target. It is a great stroller!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 12:44:27 PM
Author: lover in athens

Date: 9/25/2008 12:22:53 PM

thanks tacori! i LOVE your nursery.
unfortunately, it''s only available from costco online, so i can''t try it out first. and i can''t go to stores right now either (damn bedrest is getting OOOOOLD!!!). but i figure costco has such a liberal return policy we could just load it up and bring it back to costco if it doesn''t work???
Yes, you could do that. Costco tends to have nice stuff, so I would be surprised if you hated it.

I''m jealous. I feed Amelia in my office chair with my feet up my IKEA minishelf (which has her changing table on top of it). I''ve rocked back and forth in it, but it ain''t quite the same.
41.gif

Tacori, hee...BOB. Love BOB. The single is awesome too.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
TGal, I bet the single is even better (since it is smaller!) For the first time in my life I do have stroller envy!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
QT I don''t know how much of a discount this is or if you are a member, but Costco online has the boon flair elite for $349.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone!

Can anyone recommend a good place to find a list of all the STUFF you need to have for a baby? I have no clue and thought it would be good to start keeping a list and looking for things on sale etc...

ETA I just found/remembered Tacoris list of stuff at the start of the thread... is that basically everything or were there other things you opted not to get??

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Tacori and anyone else BOON...

What is the difference between the Boon Flair Standard and Boon Flair Elite? Colour, check. Price, check.
What else?

I seem to be falling for this chair. Uh oh.
11.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/27/2008 6:21:56 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
Hey everyone!

Can anyone recommend a good place to find a list of all the STUFF you need to have for a baby? I have no clue and thought it would be good to start keeping a list and looking for things on sale etc...

ETA I just found/remembered Tacoris list of stuff at the start of the thread... is that basically everything or were there other things you opted not to get??

Tacori's list is great and is a GREAT place to start, but really, I think you kind of have to make your own as you go along. If you google there are a TON of lists out there, but none that I 100% agreed with ya know? I just keep adding things to my own list as I research them. I think the best way is to take what you like from multiple lists and go from there.

If you think about it all they REALLY need are some clothes, something to catch their poop, a place to sleep, and a breast or formula.
2.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/27/2008 7:27:01 PM

What is the difference between the Boon Flair Standard and Boon Flair Elite? Colour, check. Price, check.

What else?

11.gif

The only differences I could find was the elite
* Comes in different colors
* Has an Opaque seat
* Has a Steel Base

The flair comes in white with an orange pad or a light blue with a white pad (which I have). I personally would *NOT* pay extra for the elite. The benefits of both is the Pneumatic lift and a WIDE base which keeps it stable. Also like I said the wheels are great. A friend said the one thing that bothers her about her high chair was no wheels. I looked on the boon inc website and could not find the elite. Maybe they have stopped making it
33.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/27/2008 7:54:15 PM
Date: 9/27/2008 7:27:01 PM

What else?

11.gif

The only differences I could find was the elite

* Comes in different colors

* Has an Opaque seat

* Has a Steel Base

The flair comes in white with an orange pad or a light blue with a white pad (which I have). I personally would *NOT* pay extra for the elite. The benefits of both is the Pneumatic lift and a WIDE base which keeps it stable. Also like I said the wheels are great. A friend said the one thing that bothers her about her high chair was no wheels. I looked on the boon inc website and could not find the elite. Maybe they have stopped making it
33.gif

Yeah I think you are basically for the steel base.

I showed the boon flair in blue and white to DH again yesterday (I showed it to him before, but he doesn''t remember anything). I asked him what he thinks of the high chair. He said "sure looks like an expensive high chair."
20.gif
Anyways I found it on sale for $188.95 for the blue and white one, so now I am thinking about getting the blue and white to save ~$40 (the white and orange one is $229.99).

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/27/2008 12:58:15 PM
Author: neatfreak
QT I don''t know how much of a discount this is or if you are a member, but Costco online has the boon flair elite for $349.

Thanks for looking out. We are members of Costco. But for that price, I could pay another $50 and get my dream high chair (Bloom Fresco). DH and I saw the Fresco in store when we went stroller shopping, and we both thought it looks so cool. Unfortunately, DH isn''t excited enough (like he was for the stroller) to get one.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results