shape
carat
color
clarity

Preggo stuff, Baby Stuff, Toddler Stuff...post your best finds here!!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
erica, I never said it was NECESSARY to put a carseat in a stroller frame. I hardly ever did it myself since we don't even OWN a car! I was just trying to make you and others aware that when you actually have a baby you will do whatever it takes to make sure he/she is happy, safe, protected, etc. and you most likely won't be thinking about how fabulous it all looks. And I think I encouraged you to go check out the Bee since it would serve your purposes well so I don't know why you think I was telling you not to get it--it makes no difference to me what kind of stroller you buy! I wasn't criticizing nor being offensive but you seem to be taking it that way. I'm one of the biggest Bugaboo advocates on this board so clearly, I'm not without taste. Do I care about aesthetics? Hell, yes. I live in a condo in NYC with a minimalist husband so I get it, but I think priorities shift when you have a baby and you can't always be concerned about these things when there are bigger issues to worry about with an infant. That was the only point I was trying to make.

Edited to add: TGal, you can always speak for me because you get EXACTLY what I'm saying! Thanks, sister!!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2008 2:28:46 PM
Author: neatfreak
DD We sold our big bugaboo (long story, but bought one super cheap before we found out we were having twins) and I have to say that I cannot even FATHOM trying to take that beast on the bus. Quite frankly, I can''t imagine taking any of the above mentioned strollers on the bus with the possible exception of the Bee. So if you are going to be taking the bus often, I would highly recommend at least checking out a Maclaren as a lightweight alternative...
I agree...I would hate to take any of those strollers on the bus. If you could have two strollers, I would choose a the full functioning one you love, and then buy a Maclaren used on craiglist if money is an issue. I highly recommend the quest for the recline and extended footrest.

Unfortunately, there just isn''t a one size fits all stroller that I have found. I am LOVING our quest right now!!!

Curly...ha, thanks!

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
curlygirl, I was going to edit my comment as soon as I wrote it but had to run off to a meeting, but what I wanted to add was that it sounded like you misunderstood me when I said I wouldn''t do it for personal/aesthetic reasons. I thought people would notice in my previous comment that I won''t be driving a lot, so that''s a personal reason. I''m also a huge believer that children and good design can co-exist happily. It just takes a lot of work and creative thinking to get around the standard options and solutions.

Unless I deem the object NECESSARY and there is only one option available, aesthetics is a big factor, along with price, quality, functionality, etc. I know priorities shift, as everyone likes to say, but I don''t know why people feel like they have the right to tell me I won''t care about certain things anymore, or that I can''t always be concerned about these things. My response is that we don''t ALWAYS have to settle! I would hate it if people implied that I would care more about aesthetics than the health, safety, or well-being of my child.

I wasn''t implying at all that you were advocating against the Bee, I know you like Bugaboos, it''s just that I was trying to explain why I wanted to know whether I could use the Bee without a carseat during the newborn stage. Most people see it as an asset if you can attach a carseat. I, however, am not interested in this feature.

As for taking it the wrong way, I guess when I read that you "hated to be mean," that''s how, in fact, it started to sound to me. Plus, telling someone they shouldn''t ONLY focus on aesthetics without realizing that they aren''t actually doing this is somewhat presumptuous. All I said was that I would rather not use the carseat in a stroller. Yes, I mentioned my vanity (facetiously, although maybe that wasn''t understood), but ultimately, I think MOST people know better than to sacrifice safety or functionality for style. Certainly some things will matter less later on, but no one can know this ahead of time, nor can they know how it will be for other families. We learn from our mistakes, we acknowledge that priorities change, and hopefully we remind ourselves that it''s important to keep our lives beautiful for our sanity''s sake. The baby industry has grown tremendously in the past few years, and there are so many better options out there for us. By continuing to demand well-designed things that fit with a variety of tastes, this will only enrich our lives. I believe in finding a happy medium, but apparently I am perceived as someone who prioritizes aesthetics over all else. That''s too bad.
15.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Erica, I hear ya and I get ya. So long as you aren't sacrificing safety, which I know you wouldn't, I don't see why seeking out and creating beautiful space around you is in any way shallow. Placing a high value on the beauty of your surroundings is not shallow, but actually quite a lofty ideal. Beautiful space, beautiful design, beautiful architecture are very important to some people, not because they don't know "what's really important" but because they are deeply affected by what they see and experience their visual environment in a heightened way: a keen appreciation of art, architecture and design enhance life and give enormous pleasure for some people. And indeed, that may well be among the values that Erica hopes to model for her child because it's a very enriching way to live, even if it takes extra effort and sometimes extra money.

For people who are visually inclined and have a keenly developed sense of their visual environment (which I believe has something to do with Erica's line of work too), having ugly or clunky or cheesy or visually abrasive, or badly designed objects around them is like being forced to listen to really bad music all the time. Imagine the worst, noisiest, cheapest crud on the radio (whatever you consider worst and cheapest for you) and being forced to listen to it over and over. If you were visually atuned like Erica is, it might be worth it to you to spend the extra money or time to get to listen to (aka look at) something that gave you pleasure instead pain.

I completely, 100% get that.

It in no way means you put aesthetics over everything. It just means you place a high value on them. And that's not shallow, that's rich living.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2008 3:48:46 PM
Author: Independent Gal
Erica, I hear ya and I get ya. So long as you aren''t sacrificing safety, which I know you wouldn''t, I don''t see why seeking out and creating beautiful space around you is in any way shallow. Placing a high value on the beauty of your surroundings is not shallow, but actually quite a lofty ideal. Beautiful space, beautiful design, beautiful architecture are very important to some people, not because they don''t know ''what''s really important'' but because they are deeply affected by what they see and experience their visual environment in a heightened way: a keen appreciation of art, architecture and design enhance life and give enormous pleasure for some people. And indeed, that may well be among the values that Erica hopes to model for her child because it''s a very enriching way to live, even if it takes extra effort and sometimes extra money.

For people who are visually inclined and have a keenly developed sense of their visual environment (which I believe has something to do with Erica''s line of work too), having ugly or clunky or cheesy or visually abrasive, or badly designed objects around them is like being forced to listen to really bad music all the time. Imagine the worst, noisiest, cheapest crud on the radio (whatever you consider worst and cheapest for you) and being forced to listen to it over and over. If you were visually atuned like Erica is, it might be worth it to you to spend the extra money or time to get to listen to (aka look at) something that gave you pleasure instead pain.

I completely, 100% get that.

It in no way means you put aesthetics over everything. It just means you place a high value on them. And that''s not shallow, that''s rich living.
I agree IG. In fact, I think 99% of moms here would agree. I swear, most of us don''t strive to buy ugly. Not intentionally anyway.
9.gif

But seeing preggo folks after me IRL, I see the mindset and I don''t think people are aware of how appearance IS a driving force to the point of choosing one item over another. Take two strollers. Both are usable, but one has better functionality and reviews, the other, better looking. Take safety out of the equation - both are safe.You would be SURPRISED at how many people would choose the cuter stroller because it''s simply better looking. You wouldn''t think it, but it happens.

No one is saying to buy something ugly and that looks don''t matter! We''re not all wearing mom jeans because we have had our babies, ya know. We''re just saying don''t disregard FUNCTION because you don''t realize that function really does become the driving force once the kid is in your arms, NOT looks. If you can have both, wonderful! Who wouldn''t choose it? But there are products out there that sacrifice substance for style. Bugaboo is not one of them, IMHO. PetuniaPickleBottom bags, however (IMHO) are. Dry cleaning a diaper bag? What drugs are those people on? Now, if you are the type of person who loves the look of the bag so much and can somehow find time to get to the cleaners in those first few crazy weeks (if not months) more power to you. I''ll stick with my antibacterial, easy wipe bag.

Regarding carseat and stroller attachments and snap and go type deals. There is a REASON why these are so popular. Personally, I am NOT an advocate of leaving your kid in a carseat all the time. There are studies out there that say it''s bad for their spine and it can definitely lead to flat head. But picture a quick errand into a store. Your kid is sleeping and it''s cold outside. It''s just you, so you have two hands, and you''ll need them to do your errand. You can''t leave your kid in the car, because, well..it''s illegal.

Your choices are:

1) pop the kid in the stroller attachment, run in, get the errand done, pop the stroller back in the car. Kid is still sleeping.
2) Unbuckle the kid out of the carseat. Most likely s/he will wake up, and CRY. You feel frazzled. Kid is still crying in stroller/carrier. You run errand. Come back to car and have to transfer kid back in carseat. Buckle her in, and tighten straps. She is now SCREAMING (as for some reason a lot of babies hate actually being put IN the carseat). You decide you hate running errands. You need a beer. Or seven.

Yeah, design and architecture can definitely make you happy. But a cranky child trumps all. I stress the importance of being a HAPPY MOM because all of us with babies have been on the other end of the spectrum. There are some of us (I include myself in this) who aren''t baby people and who rarely have had any dealings with infants because we never cared to. Remember how other people''s screaming baby makes your hair rise? Well, welcome to hell because you''re about to have one of your own that you CAN''T GIVE BACK. Yeah, you love it like you''d never believe, and that makes it worse because it stresses you out even more when they''re miserable.

Ericak, I''m with you...I hated it when people tell me how I was going to be once I have the kid. And for the most part, they were wrong. But I will say that I absolutely could not imagine the dark hole and sleep deprivation I felt...you don''t get a break after L&D. Every time my baby started crying, I wanted to cry too. Pure survival mode.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2008 3:48:46 PM

For people who are visually inclined and have a keenly developed sense of their visual environment (which I believe has something to do with Erica''s line of work too), having ugly or clunky or cheesy or visually abrasive, or badly designed objects around them is like being forced to listen to really bad music all the time. Imagine the worst, noisiest, cheapest crud on the radio (whatever you consider worst and cheapest for you) and being forced to listen to it over and over. If you were visually atuned like Erica is, it might be worth it to you to spend the extra money or time to get to listen to (aka look at) something that gave you pleasure instead pain.
I reread this and this made me laugh. Good lord, who is telling anyone to buy the worst, cheapest crud?

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
T'Gal, I hear ya, but I think you misunderstood what I meant there. I think we may be underestimating the extent to which visuals deeply affect Erica. I don't think she's blind to function, just that we may not understand how profoundly aesthetics affect her day to day enjoyment.

And it's not that the baby stuff is cheap and cruddy, I was just trying to conjure up the 'OH GAWWWD TURN IT OFFFF!!!!' feeling from whatever music makes you gag most so that you could empathisize with how something like this thing below might make Erica feel. That's all I meant by cheapest musical crud. I didn't mean cheapest baby crud
9.gif
I'm sure this thing pictured below, whatever it is, is actually quite expensive, high quality, and based on lots of research. But looking at it just might drive Erica to distraction the way, say having to listen to Vanilla Ice or Radiohead would for me. Or maybe thrash metal or opera or who knows what would for you.

So, for her, it would be the equivalent of a screaming baby with sleep deprivation and thrash metal blaring constantly in the background. Does that make sense?​

visualdisaster.jpg

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
ericak, it looks like we''re just going to keep misunderstanding each other since you are misinterpreting what I''m saying and putting words in my mouth (if you need an example: I never said in any of my posts that you were ONLY focusing on aesthetics so I don''t really appreciate that being attributed to me nor do I enjoy being called presumptuous) so I''m just going to bow out of this discussion because I think we''re going to go around in circles and I''m already frustrated. I made myself as clear as I possibly could but I guess it''s just not coming across properly. And if I was really being mean, you''d know it, trust me!
2.gif
I was only trying to offer some helpful advice and a different point of view but I feel like you are taking it as a personal attack which it''s not meant to be at all. So I can only extend an olive branch and wish you good luck on your quest to find the perfect baby gear for yourself and your family, as I have no doubt you will!
1.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2008 4:44:13 PM
T''Gal, I hear ya, but I think you misunderstood what I meant there. I think we may be underestimating the extent to which visuals deeply affect Erica. I don''t think she''s blind to function, just that we may not understand how profoundly aesthetics affect her day to day enjoyment.

And it''s not that the baby stuff is cheap and cruddy, I was just trying to conjure up the ''OH GAWWWD TURN IT OFFFF!!!!'' feeling from whatever music makes you gag most so that you could empathisize with how something like this thing below might make Erica feel. That''s all I meant by cheapest musical crud. I didn''t mean cheapest baby crud
9.gif
I''m sure this thing pictured below, whatever it is, is actually quite expensive, high quality, and based on lots of research. But looking at it just might drive Erica to distraction the way, say having to listen to Vanilla Ice or Radiohead would for me. Or maybe thrash metal or opera or who knows what would for you.
Hahaha!

It''s a PLAYMAT, IG.
9.gif
And unfortunately for all of us, babies have different visual tastes than we do and they LOVE those. It may drive Erica to distraction, but if it distracts her baby long enough, it might give Erica time to focus on looking at the nice aesthetically pleasing things that she has bought!
41.gif

And I was just trying to explain why this entire debate got started, tis all.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
If it matters, I like Radiohead, aaaanndd I like that funny underwater thing that Indy posted
3.gif
I would personally enjoy laying underneath it and listening to radiohead and eating pie.

As for strollers, NF and TGal, I think riding the bus will be rare, so I think it will not be my primary decided for a stroller. Looks like I may need two... oog. I''ll focus on the Rolls Royce first and then get the Vespa later.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just read your last line...

Date: 9/3/2008 4:44:13 PM

So, for her, it would be the equivalent of a screaming baby with sleep deprivation and thrash metal blaring constantly in the background. Does that make sense?​
OK, a playmat would be the "equilvalent" of a screaming baby with with sleep deprivation., etc etc? Oh my...

And to that I would say, "have a fun first few weeks with the kid!"
35.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2008 4:50:41 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
If it matters, I like Radiohead, aaaanndd I like that funny underwater thing that Indy posted
3.gif
I would personally enjoy laying underneath it and listening to radiohead and eating pie.

As for strollers, NF and TGal, I think riding the bus will be rare, so I think it will not be my primary decided for a stroller. Looks like I may need two... oog. I''ll focus on the Rolls Royce first and then get the Vespa later.
DD, seriously...you have to try laying under it...totally different perspective.
36.gif
I did that with my daughter and pointed things out to her. It''s a whole new world under there...cool to see it from their point of view.

Yeah, I think it wouldn''t be a bad idea to get two...more weapons in the arsenal. Never hurts to have extra ammo, ya know!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2008 4:50:41 PM
3.gif

Teeheeeee! Love this.

Personally, at the moment, I think I would enjoy being swaddled and rocked in a dark, quiet room. While eating pie.
3.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Curly, I love you.
1.gif

RE: Carseat in stroller, for me it was always nice. Baby was nice and cocooned. Throw a blanket over the handle and it is perfect to protect against the elements. oh and let me NOT forget about my JJ Cole bundle me which was so wonderful for a winter baby! I chose the SAFEST car seat. I do like the way it looks. I went to art school so I like to think I have some sense of style. But honestly if the safer one was the ugly one, I would have gotten an ugly one. I have never been in a car accident but I would feel horrible if I did and knew there was something I could have done to make my baby safer.

ETA: DD STILL plays with her play mat. It was one of the best toys we own. Might not be pretty to you but they love it.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2008 5:14:16 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Curly, I love you.
1.gif

RE: Carseat in stroller, for me it was always nice. Baby was nice and cocooned. Throw a blanket over the handle and it is perfect to protect against the elements. oh and let me NOT forget about my JJ Cole bundle me which was so wonderful for a winter baby! I chose the SAFEST car seat. I do like the way it looks. I went to art school so I like to think I have some sense of style. But honestly if the safer one was the ugly one, I would have gotten an ugly one. I have never been in a car accident but I would feel horrible if I did and knew there was something I could have done to make my baby safer.

ETA: DD STILL plays with her play mat. It was one of the best toys we own. Might not be pretty to you but they love it.
I just said I play with my play mat all the time! tee hee... yup, Playmat is on the list. Playard, probably not at our house thought MIL will get one I think.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2008 6:16:25 PM

Curly, I love you.
1.gif

I just said I play with my play mat all the time! tee hee... yup, Playmat is on the list. Playard, probably not at our house thought MIL will get one I think.

haha, you know dd= dear daughter. Sometimes I forget y''all know her name. play mat was really her first toy. She started using it at 5 weeks. Obviously she plays with it totally different now but it was a good investment. She thinks it''s beautiful
16.gif
Playard is only useful for traveling (for us). Some people LOVE theirs but she always naps in her crib.

Kay

Ideal_Rock

Dreamer,

I can understand your frustration with the fold on the UPPAbaby Vista. I was ready to walk away after trying it the first half dozen times, but I liked the stroller so much otherwise that I really wanted to make it work. The fold was a snap for DH, but he is stronger and more coordinated than me. After lots of practice, it got much easier to fold -- I just had to figure out how to make it work for me, particularly the best angle to hold my arm before I shoved the handle in and down. I haven''t tried it in a while, but I think I kept my left index finger poised over the button on the left side handle and used my right arm to forcefully push the handle towards the stroller and slightly down and then would push the button with my left finger once I had pushed in the handle just so far. It is really hard to describe in words.

The Frog was not an option for us since the handle is not height adjustable and we are tall. I liked a lot of features of the Bee (particularly the weight). However, it was not a lot less $ once you buy the bassinet substitute, and the seat is slightly narrower and has a little less headroom under the canopy than the Bugaboo Cameleon or the Vista, so I was worried the child would outgrow it faster. We decided we wanted the better suspension and wheels of the Cam or Vista since we only want to buy one "major" stroller. Things may change once our daughter is actually here, but we envision taking her on walks through the park, zoo, at the beach, etc., and I want the smoothest ride possible so she is not awakened by cracks and bumps in the sidewalk/road. There is no good public transportation in our city, so that was not a consideration for us. We will either be taking her on walks around the neighborhood or driving someplace and then putting her in the stroller. Once she is old enough to safely use an umbrella stroller, we will get a good one (probably Maclaren or Uppababy) to use for quick errands and for travel (I will not hand over an expensive, full-feature stroller to airport luggage handlers).

On pages 5-7 of this thread, Eph and I talked a lot about the pros and cons of UPPAbaby versus Bugaboo. I liked both the Cam and the Vista a lot – each had a couple features I liked better than on the other. Even if the price had been equal it would have been a tough call. The Cam was $900 (I’m not sure what a Frog costs). I found the Vista online at www.babycatalog.com for $629 with free shipping and no tax. They are currently on sale for $529, but I do not know how long that will last (I grabbed one as soon as I saw the sale, but it has been going on for about 4 weeks now). Babycatalog also gives you 10% off almost all purchases if you buy an annual membership, which costs $25. So I ended up paying $477 for the stroller and $36 for the car seat adapter. Because we paid for the BC membership, everyone who buys from our registry also gets 10% off. I found the crib mattress we want on that site for $70 less than the local stores are charging. They were easy to deal with when I called with questions, and our stroller shipped very quickly.

I did not test drive the I’coo, so I cannot compare it to the others. I remember being very excited when I first heard about it, then I read something (I wish I could remember what) that made me think it was not a good choice for us, so I had already eliminated it before we went to the store. That may have been premature.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Curly, I love you.
1.gif

I''m just TTC but I was wondering about these. Would most moms consider a playmat/gym a neccessity? or just nice to have? Would something like this (http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2574116) be ok or is the overhead stuff really important?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kay thanks so much for the information! I did read your reviews earier inthe thread and it was great. We actually went out today and tried the Uppa again and I could fold it no issues... I think this was in part because I watched the video online about the stroller and saw how the expert folded it. Also, the stroller was last years model and so had been used a lot. So from this experience I can tell you with use the fold become easier.

Updated Uppa Review: With the fold issue eliminated I was able to better assess the stroller. From my perspective, it was just a little more finicky than the Bugaboo Frog. For example, whereas the seat attachment on the frog has one large male piece on the frame that fits into one large female piece on the seat, there were more nooks and crannies to line up on the respective pieces of the Vista. Also, the major plus--the huge basket-- was a little less of a plus when one considers that the strut for the wheels runs through the center of the basket. I also felt that the Uppa was more bulky for some reason, and it felt considerably heavier when we lifted it. I live in Canada, and here I think the pice difference between the two strollers is less than it is with the deal you got Kay. The Uppa is $659 and the Bugaboo is $859. For me, I''m not sure if the savings are enough to sway me at this point.

So I think I am going with the Frog! And like so many of you, we will ge ta MacLaren when Baby is bigger. I would like to be more original, but it really is an easy to use. I''m going to get Orange, and my plan is to stralk the Canadian retailers until one has a sale and then pounce like a pregnant lady on cake.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2008 7:58:58 PM
Author: oobiecoo

Curly, I love you.
1.gif

I'm just TTC but I was wondering about these. Would most moms consider a playmat/gym a neccessity? or just nice to have? Would something like this (http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2574116) be ok or is the overhead stuff really important?

We have that too (because she has basically everything
20.gif
) and it was pretty useless. That is for tummy time which she (and most babies hate) a play mat/gym is COMPLETELY different. I have a tiny love gym and it is great for her. Helped her focus on things, learn to reach, I had the wind chimes that she loved to kick, has the beloved mirror and this nose thing she still plays with plus you can move the toys around which is cool.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another good review DD! I think if you are going to get a Maclaren, then the bug is a nice choice! Good to know that about the basket on the uppa...since I had not really checked it out, that''s good to know! I do think the bug has the best footprint from the strollers that I saw and I do remember it pushed a bit better than the I''coo.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2008 10:42:42 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Another good review DD! I think if you are going to get a Maclaren, then the bug is a nice choice! Good to know that about the basket on the uppa...since I had not really checked it out, that's good to know! I do think the bug has the best footprint from the strollers that I saw and I do remember it pushed a bit better than the I'coo.
Thanks TGal. And since we have chosen a stroller, it means we have also chosen the Graco SnugRide as our car seat, since it is one of the only one's that works with the snap and go adaptor for the Bugaboo frame! That's okay with me, since it was rated highly for safety, right? Tacori posted it here somewhere, I'm gonna go check.

ETA yup the SnugRide with EPS was rated well and is only about $140 here. The Peg Perego Primo Viaggio SIP is rated higher and is also compatible with the Bugaboo frog, but it is $300
23.gif
It is really really good looking, and if I was a millionaire I'd be all over it, but I think I need to save a little after deciding to get the Frog!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
dd, congratulations from one Bugaboo owner to another! I don''t think you''ll be disappointed with the Frog--it really is a great stroller. We also have the Graco Snugride and it''s an excellent, safe carseat and comes in lots of different patterns. Since you probably will get a Maclaren eventually, I''m going to agree with Tacori on the Volo--it''s a really good stroller, super lightweight, easy to fold and reasonably priced. The only drawback is that it doesn''t recline but that hasn''t been a real issue for us. You can always shop around like TGal and get a Quest (which does recline) for a good price on craigslist or ebay. But you still have time before you have to think about that. Enjoy your Frog!!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer, congrats on choosing your stroller! The stroller and the nursery furniture were the two toughest choices for us, so you have made great progress. I don''t think you can go wrong with a Bugaboo. We also went with the Graco Snugride, since it is well-rated, well-priced and works with the most strollers. I am hoping I will get the car seat at my shower this week (showers at my office usually involve a few larger items purchased as group gifts).

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys, DH and I are happy with the choice. We are now trying to figure out if we can get our respective parents to buy it for us at Christmas
3.gif
Who knows.

This is funny. The snugride comes is many lovely patterns that I find appealing, but in Canada the babiesrus, where we will likely register, carries only ONE pattern, and it is not exactly my taste. Can you believe out of all the patterns, this one is what they opt to carry??

Where did everyone register? At a large department store or a smaller boutique?

pTRUCA1-4125208dt.jpg

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
I had the same issue with the snugride..all u-g-l-y patterns at BRU where I was registered. There was one that I could handle (Devon) even though I didn''t love it but at least it wasn''t totally gross. Then they discontinued it 2 wks before my shower of course. So I found a design I liked (Little Lamb, nice and neutral) at Target and just bought it on my own....

Have you given the car seat adaptor to the Frog a shot yet? It''s still in my closet--i''m hoping it''s self explanatory!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/4/2008 12:09:15 PM
Author: janinegirly
I had the same issue with the snugride..all u-g-l-y patterns at BRU where I was registered. There was one that I could handle (Devon) even though I didn''t love it but at least it wasn''t totally gross. Then they discontinued it 2 wks before my shower of course. So I found a design I liked (Little Lamb, nice and neutral) at Target and just bought it on my own....

Have you given the car seat adaptor to the Frog a shot yet? It''s still in my closet--i''m hoping it''s self explanatory!
No I haven''t tried it, we haven''t actually bought our Frog yet! LOL! It looks pretty simple--snaps onto the frame like all the seat etc. and then it looks like the car seat snaps onto it the same way that it snaps into the regular car seat base? I hope it is simple, but everything else on the Frog is simple so I bet it will be.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
dd, when I bought my Snugride, I went on to the Graco website and found the pattern that I liked and it tells you where you can purchase it. I think mine was called Green Tea and I ordered it online from Sears! There were certain things like the carseat, stroller, etc. that DH and I bought on our own rather than registering for them. We registered at BuyBuyBaby and giggle. You should check out giggle, they have 2 stores in NYC but a really good website too. Lots of nice and modern stuff there--a little more unusual than the regular stuff at BRU.

janine, the adaptor is really easy to use--there''s no way you can screw it up!!!

My newest find that I want to share with everyone is not necessarily a baby thing but something that you will definitely love to have! It''s a tiny video camera and it''s totally awesome!!!!! Check it out: http://www.theflip.com/ It is really compact, has great memory and battery life, good quality video, easy to use and really well priced!!!! DH surprised me with this a little while back as we had been using a nice mini-dv cam which was great but I wanted something more portable that didn''t use tapes. The Flip definitely covers all the bases we were looking for and I highy recommend it!! It''s so easy to put the videos on your computer and email them around--even my parents can figure out how to click on a link and watch their granddaughter in action!! If you shop around, you can probably get a better price. We have the Mino which has a SRP of about $180 but I think we got it for $150. I love it and it''s a great supplement to all the photos we''ve taken--especially now that Lily is walking and "talking" it''s such a great way to capture these precious moments.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/4/2008 12:43:41 PM
Author: curlygirl
My newest find that I want to share with everyone is not necessarily a baby thing but something that you will definitely love to have! It''s a tiny video camera and it''s totally awesome!!!!! Check it out: http://www.theflip.com/ It is really compact, has great memory and battery life, good quality video, easy to use and really well priced!!!! DH surprised me with this a little while back as we had been using a nice mini-dv cam which was great but I wanted something more portable that didn''t use tapes. The Flip definitely covers all the bases we were looking for and I highy recommend it!! It''s so easy to put the videos on your computer and email them around--even my parents can figure out how to click on a link and watch their granddaughter in action!! If you shop around, you can probably get a better price. We have the Mino which has a SRP of about $180 but I think we got it for $150. I love it and it''s a great supplement to all the photos we''ve taken--especially now that Lily is walking and ''talking'' it''s such a great way to capture these precious moments.
I saw something like that at Costco last year and thought it was a good idea.

It uses MPEG-4, instead of motion pictures like a digital camera does. I''ve been happy with the video my still camera takes, but I would think this would be better?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Older baby/toddler find: I am loving my new snacktrap. It is PVC/BPA free and perfect for her b/c she loves to graze on her puffs. So much easier than putting them in a dish b/c they are more contained. I just gave it to her today and she figured out how to reach in there pretty fast (she is 10 months). Here is their website but I bought her's at BRU. I bought the butterfly one. It is really cute.

ETA: wow I just successfully bolded for the first time. How sad I feel proud
20.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results