shape
carat
color
clarity

Preggo stuff, Baby Stuff, Toddler Stuff...post your best finds here!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
erica, is the bee going to be your only/primary stroller? Urban living or suburban?

As for the crib, that much of a gap (as shown in the pic) would be a pretty big safety concern. Amelia could easy get stuck in something like that as she is rolling over.

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Another interesting stroller -- the Mutsy 4 Rider Light. It clocks in at 19 pounds WITH the seat, so the frame itself is very light as far as snap and go strollers, a car seat adapter can be used with the frame. You can buy a bassinet for it, or just use your infant car seat until the baby is old enough to use the normal seat. The seat is reversible as well. Reviews of this stroller are very positive.

mutsy1.JPG

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
Tgal, the Bee would be our primary stroller, but we are planning to use a variety of baby carriers (slings, wraps, soft structured) as much as possible. We live in a fairly urban place, so something that can be carried up the stairs would be great (2nd floor condo). The sidewalks and streets are in terrible condition, lots of brick and cracked concrete, sometimes so narrow that only one person can pass at a time (no thanks to the 100 yr old tree taking up half the space
1.gif
)! We have a car for Target trips, but mostly we walk or take the bus. I wouldn''t mind a jogging stroller later on (the BOB looks great!), but right now I''m looking for something more lightweight.

I think I can put a car seat on the Bee, but obviously it would be nice to have something with a bassinet like Lindsey posted.

I will definitely ask around some more about the Gulliver. Hopefully my Ikea will have it so I can check out its quality.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2008 5:40:23 PM
Author: erica k
Tgal, the Bee would be our primary stroller, but we are planning to use a variety of baby carriers (slings, wraps, soft structured) as much as possible. We live in a fairly urban place, so something that can be carried up the stairs would be great (2nd floor condo). The sidewalks and streets are in terrible condition, lots of brick and cracked concrete, sometimes so narrow that only one person can pass at a time (no thanks to the 100 yr old tree taking up half the space
1.gif
)! We have a car for Target trips, but mostly we walk or take the bus. I wouldn''t mind a jogging stroller later on (the BOB looks great!), but right now I''m looking for something more lightweight.

I think I can put a car seat on the Bee, but obviously it would be nice to have something with a bassinet like Lindsey posted.

I will definitely ask around some more about the Gulliver. Hopefully my Ikea will have it so I can check out its quality.
Erica, I haven''t checked out the bee too thoroughly but it sounds like it might be a nice stroller for you. I know the canopy is much better than the maclaren (I use a rayshade to get better coverage on mine) and I would guess that it has a better ride (the maclaren is smooth for an umbrella stroller, but there are no shocks). I don''t remember how light the bee is.

There are quite a few strollers in that category, I think...lighter weight but still pretty full functioning. Have you looked into any of them? I do like the bee though...minimalist looking and cute.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2008 5:10:01 PM
Author: *Lindsey*
Another interesting stroller -- the Mutsy 4 Rider Light. It clocks in at 19 pounds WITH the seat, so the frame itself is very light as far as snap and go strollers, a car seat adapter can be used with the frame. You can buy a bassinet for it, or just use your infant car seat until the baby is old enough to use the normal seat. The seat is reversible as well. Reviews of this stroller are very positive.

Lindsey I believe that I have read that the Mutsy 4 Rider has a huge wheelbase...it could have been another stroller, but something to consider...

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Man alive, how am I ever going to choose a stroller! It is probably the biggest ticket single item we will buy (in-laws are getting the crib) and I am so cheap and hate to make a mistake when I buy something big ticket
39.gif
Woe is me!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know you are all stroller obsessed but I just wanted to *again* pledge my love for my boon highchair. I used my neighbor''s chair today (the all wooden kind that can convert to a booster and even hold an adult...starts with a "k") and blah! It was too wide (even for my chubby girl) so food got everywhere, no pad, no plastic liner, hard to clean. I hated it. She also has the Chicco chair that attached to the table, DOUBLE yuck. The seat is so matted with vomit, food, etc and my friend is a clean freak. She said the only solution is to wash it after *every* use which is obviously not possible with 2 babies and a 4 year old. And I think I mentioned how I didn''t like the fisher price seat that goes on top of the chair. The stupid tray doesn''t fit into the dishwasher
20.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
erica, I haven't done tons of research on the Bee but we have friends who just bought one and they really like it. They walk quite a bit but they also have a car so they wanted something that was easy to fold up and small-ish. And yes, you can get the carseat adaptor and use it with your infant carseat. It sounds like a good option for you, but I think you should definitely go and try out some strollers in person.

And I agree with TGal on that gap in the crib--definitely NOT safe.

dd, great stroller reviews. Just one thing about the Bugaboo Frog, although it is a pain to fold, you don't have to take the underneath bag off when you fold it. You do have to make sure the drawstring is pulled so stuff doesn't fall out though. But you did tons of homework and I'm sure lots of the girls here will benefit from it--great teamwork!!! I think Kay also got the Uppa. She may be able to give more advice on it since ephemery is MIA (hope she's ok).

Tacori, you are totally the Boon spokesperson!!!! You know I love ya girl, but I have to disagree about the FP SpaceSaver that attaches to the chair. You're just lucky because you don't have space issues but I LOVE it for my small apartment. And maybe my diswasher is bigger than yours because the tray totally fits in it!
2.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2008 9:09:08 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
I know you are all stroller obsessed but I just wanted to *again* pledge my love for my boon highchair. I used my neighbor''s chair today (the all wooden kind that can convert to a booster and even hold an adult...starts with a ''k'') and blah! It was too wide (even for my chubby girl) so food got everywhere, no pad, no plastic liner, hard to clean. I hated it. She also has the Chicco chair that attached to the table, DOUBLE yuck. The seat is so matted with vomit, food, etc and my friend is a clean freak. She said the only solution is to wash it after *every* use which is obviously not possible with 2 babies and a 4 year old. And I think I mentioned how I didn''t like the fisher price seat that goes on top of the chair. The stupid tray doesn''t fit into the dishwasher
20.gif
Tacori, is the boon a single molded piece of rubber/plastic? If so, I bet you can take it in the yard to hose it off if you wanted! Now that would be convenient, LOL!... How do you actually clean it? Did you post a link to it somewhere? I imagine that is something you can put off purchasing until they are near 6 months and start solids, right?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2008 9:16:39 PM
Author: curlygirl
dd, great stroller reviews. Just one thing about the Bugaboo Frog, although it is a pain to fold, you don''t have to take the underneath bag off when you fold it. You do have to make sure the drawstring is pulled so stuff doesn''t fall out though. But you did tons of homework and I''m sure lots of the girls here will benefit from it--great teamwork!!! I think Kay also got the Uppa. She may be able to give more advice on it since ephemery is MIA (hope she''s ok).
That''s a good point.. I wonder why they told me you had ro remove it?
33.gif
I read Kay''s review and she also mentioned it was a little ticky to fold, but that didn''t turn her off as much as it did me... maybe it''s b/c I couldn''t get it to close at all! We are going to try again.

Everyone who is stroller crazy

What is the big difference between a stroller like the Bugaboo Bee and a full-size one?? I am wondering if the lighter weight stroller would be just a-okay for me and my needs... going to research.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
DD, I posted a picture of T in it somewhere...can''t remember what thread. It looks like a barber''s chair. Here is their website. I did not buy it from them (found it $50 cheaper). I clean it with clorox sanitizer spray and put the plastic liners in the top shelf of my dishwasher (comes with 2). The pad is foam so it is also easy to clean. Also the food stays contained (doesn''t fall on the floor unless she throws it) Honestly I bought it mostly for looks and got lucky that I love it so much.
1.gif
You will not need it until at LEAST 6 months. I think I used the bumbo for a month so she wasn''t it in until 7 months or so. But it might be nice to put on your registry b/c you never know someone might buy it for you!

HaloAngel

Shiny_Rock
How about the Silver Cross Dazzle as an alternaive to the Bugaboo Bee?
http://www.silvercrossamerica.com/dazzle_stroller.php

Silver Cross is an old reputable company who make those VERY pricey ($2000+++) English-style prams.....But the dazzle is very afforable ($250-299 range). It comes in fun colors and can be used at birth since it fully reclines.

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/2/2008 11:57:02 AM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
It is a little deceptive to compare weights because the bugaboo you have to remove the seat to fold it, so really you only ever ''carry'' the frame or the seat, whereas with the I''coo you can fold it with the seat attached. I guess if you are getting on a bus or something and needed to pick it up with the kid in it then you might get a direct comparion??

I found the I''coo very very easy to pick up when folded, even with the seat attached. Not only does the weight matter, but I really think the distribution of the weight (i.e., how it actually folds) matters a lot too. The I''coo has the weight very evenly distributed when folded and I could easily lift it with one hand. Would need two hands to get it in the trunk though, I''m sure.

In comparison, I tried an all-terrain stroller that was very nice in many many ways, and the BOB, and although they both fold like a dream and are compact, because the weight is very compacted as well and they do not lock, I found I couldn''t lift them with one hand and it felt like a bit of a strain to lift them? Maybe others feel differently.

Tgal, I noted that Ephemery got the Uppa. I wonder if maybe there is a better way to fold it and our sales person just didn''t know how? We are going to go to some other stores and see if we can check it out again.
Hey Dreamer!!!! I am so glad you asked this question about folding the uppababy. I was gonna tell you earlier but thought you had written it off so I wasn''t gonna try to convince you. I received my uppababy 2-3 weeks ago. I honestly couldn''t fold it in the store but figured I would get it. When it came, my dh could fold it and kept trying to show me and I was getting super frustrated. Imagine me daily practicing in my living room trying to get down with my dog and two cats looking on while I was probably cussing and struggling. Anyway then one day I got it. While I will admit that it takes a good amount of strength, now I feel totally fine with it. So I think my husband, obviously stronger, does the latch on the handle close to your tummy, then the little latch on the left, then he pushes forward and down on the handle and it drops right down- I cannot do this. I figured out an alternate way and it works for me, and I figure it will get easier- I push the two buttons as they are supposed to be and then I push on the handle with my chest/ribs- i guess it sounds really ridiculous but it really is easy. It doesn''t hurt and I think it will get easier as it gets more loose(I think). I kind of agree that it should be a little easier but if you are still interested, you could try it like I do it and see if it works for you. I think I love my uppa but I was shocked how big it looked in my living room. It didn''t seem so large in the store- hopefully it will be good though. It looks really purdy!!! I got red. and it was on sale.
Ok I am done. Good luck!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2008 11:25:58 PM
Author: pavelover

Date: 9/2/2008 11:57:02 AM
It is a little deceptive to compare weights because the bugaboo you have to remove the seat to fold it, so really you only ever ''carry'' the frame or the seat, whereas with the I''coo you can fold it with the seat attached. I guess if you are getting on a bus or something and needed to pick it up with the kid in it then you might get a direct comparion??

I found the I''coo very very easy to pick up when folded, even with the seat attached. Not only does the weight matter, but I really think the distribution of the weight (i.e., how it actually folds) matters a lot too. The I''coo has the weight very evenly distributed when folded and I could easily lift it with one hand. Would need two hands to get it in the trunk though, I''m sure.

In comparison, I tried an all-terrain stroller that was very nice in many many ways, and the BOB, and although they both fold like a dream and are compact, because the weight is very compacted as well and they do not lock, I found I couldn''t lift them with one hand and it felt like a bit of a strain to lift them? Maybe others feel differently.

Tgal, I noted that Ephemery got the Uppa. I wonder if maybe there is a better way to fold it and our sales person just didn''t know how? We are going to go to some other stores and see if we can check it out again.
Hey Dreamer!!!! I am so glad you asked this question about folding the uppababy. I was gonna tell you earlier but thought you had written it off so I wasn''t gonna try to convince you. I received my uppababy 2-3 weeks ago. I honestly couldn''t fold it in the store but figured I would get it. When it came, my dh could fold it and kept trying to show me and I was getting super frustrated. Imagine me daily practicing in my living room trying to get down with my dog and two cats looking on while I was probably cussing and struggling. Anyway then one day I got it. While I will admit that it takes a good amount of strength, now I feel totally fine with it. So I think my husband, obviously stronger, does the latch on the handle close to your tummy, then the little latch on the left, then he pushes forward and down on the handle and it drops right down- I cannot do this. I figured out an alternate way and it works for me, and I figure it will get easier- I push the two buttons as they are supposed to be and then I push on the handle with my chest/ribs- i guess it sounds really ridiculous but it really is easy. It doesn''t hurt and I think it will get easier as it gets more loose(I think). I kind of agree that it should be a little easier but if you are still interested, you could try it like I do it and see if it works for you. I think I love my uppa but I was shocked how big it looked in my living room. It didn''t seem so large in the store- hopefully it will be good though. It looks really purdy!!! I got red. and it was on sale.
Ok I am done. Good luck!
Thanks pave, we are going to check it out in another store and see if we don''t have better luck. Hubby didn''t actually get to see the Bugaboo (only the Chameleon), so we need to go out looking again anyways, maybe I can find a store that has all three!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2008 9:09:08 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
I know you are all stroller obsessed but I just wanted to *again* pledge my love for my boon highchair. I used my neighbor''s chair today (the all wooden kind that can convert to a booster and even hold an adult...starts with a ''k'') and blah! It was too wide (even for my chubby girl) so food got everywhere, no pad, no plastic liner, hard to clean. I hated it. She also has the Chicco chair that attached to the table, DOUBLE yuck. The seat is so matted with vomit, food, etc and my friend is a clean freak. She said the only solution is to wash it after *every* use which is obviously not possible with 2 babies and a 4 year old. And I think I mentioned how I didn''t like the fisher price seat that goes on top of the chair. The stupid tray doesn''t fit into the dishwasher
20.gif

You make me want to get the boon flair so much. Must convince DH within the 6 months. It looks so modern and I''m glad to know that it''s so functional and easy to use/clean. I am so bad since I am both stroller obsessed and highchair obsessed.
11.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Aww... no one likes the Quinny Buzz on here. hehe. I understand because it''s on the heavier side and is wider, so if you take public transit, it''s not really convenience. But I love it. We''ve been using it the last few days, and I like how easy it is to push and handle. When we were at M''s 1 mo. well visit, one set of the parents asked us where we got the stroller.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2008 7:41:47 PM
Author: neatfreak

Date: 9/2/2008 5:10:01 PM
Author: *Lindsey*

Lindsey I believe that I have read that the Mutsy 4 Rider has a huge wheelbase...it could have been another stroller, but something to consider...
Yup, this is why I think it gets killed in the ratings...

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2008 9:22:25 PM

Date: 9/2/2008 9:16:39 PM
dd, great stroller reviews. Just one thing about the Bugaboo Frog, although it is a pain to fold, you don''t have to take the underneath bag off when you fold it. You do have to make sure the drawstring is pulled so stuff doesn''t fall out though. But you did tons of homework and I''m sure lots of the girls here will benefit from it--great teamwork!!! I think Kay also got the Uppa. She may be able to give more advice on it since ephemery is MIA (hope she''s ok).
That''s a good point.. I wonder why they told me you had ro remove it?
33.gif
I read Kay''s review and she also mentioned it was a little ticky to fold, but that didn''t turn her off as much as it did me... maybe it''s b/c I couldn''t get it to close at all! We are going to try again.

Everyone who is stroller crazy

What is the big difference between a stroller like the Bugaboo Bee and a full-size one?? I am wondering if the lighter weight stroller would be just a-okay for me and my needs... going to research.
DD, what are your needs? Not everyone needs a full size stroller with the bassinet feature.

I would ask,

Will you be driving more, or walking more? Urban or suburban? What kind of car do you drive and what''s the trunkspace like?

Do you actually see yourself going out a lot in the first 4 weeks? The bassinet feature isn''t needed for very long and if it''s quick trips, then a carseat used with a stroller would be fine (I would recommend not keeping the kid in the carseat all the time...helps cause flathead).

Will it be your ONLY stroller?

Etc etc etc. Let us know and we can help you out. Also, will you use your stroller more for outdoor walks or are you more of a mall mom? A wider footprint is annoying in indoor spaces.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Q, I thought of you b/c it now comes in white with an orange seat (or you could buy an extra seat in orange). I saw it on TV and thought of you. Good luck convincing your DH.

DD, I agree it is best to think about your needs. We live in 'burbs so besides taking walks we don't really use a stroller. I walked her in her snap 'n go and now her Maclaren. My poor, lonely full size. I thought maybe now that I have an SUV I would use it more...ummm...nope! I LIKE that I can hold the stroller in one hand (folded) and the baby in the other. Open it with one hand, fold it with one hand, light (!) etc...ease of use is crucial for me. If I was a city girl I think I would have splurged more.

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
curlygirl, thanks for chiming in. I was at Babystyle last week and pushed the Bee around a little, and it moved so beautifully. Of course, that was in the shop without a baby, so who knows how it will work in real life. The canopy was huge and perfect, though. Naturally I drooled over the Chameleon, just because I think the bassinet is the nicest of them all.

Tgal, the wide wheel base of the Mutsy is somewhat worrisome, but it certainly looks nice. I wish I could borrow a baby to try out these strollers. I''ve only held or interacted with an infant twice in my life. I am SO not used to babies.

DD, keep the stroller reviews coming! My husband is reluctant to go shopping until he thinks I''m ready to commit. Frankly, he''d rather we draw up a time frame for researching and purchasing items (i.e. a three-week span start to finish). My approach is to ponder and research for months on end. So basically I''m on my own for now in terms of going to shops and trying out strollers.

Q, I like the Quinny a lot! I''ve been drooling over the new Henrik Vibskov collaboration, but it''s a limited edition that costs around $1200!!!
23.gif
I''ve heard the wheel base is a bit wide on the Buzz, too. I saw someone using it in my neighborhood, though. Next time I see her, I''ll ask how it fares in my town.

There are so many people using the Ergo nowadays, especially since it''s cooled down. I think I''ll start off with a fitted pouch for the newborn stage, and then move onto a wrap in the summer. Phew! Too much to think about, and I''m already nearing 4 months.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, thinking about my lifestyle and exactly what I will be using the stroller for is a great idea. I hadn't thought it through completely so making a list was a great idea.

I live in a medium sized city (200 000), and live in the urban part of the town. We have cold, snowy winters and hot humid summers. Yup, it sucks
20.gif
Anyhoo, baby will be born at the very end of winter/start of spring. Hubby is taking leave with my for the first 6 weeks, so I won't really need to stroller by myself until mid-april when the weather gets better. We will be doing a lot of baby wearing with slings etc, especially in the beginning when it is winter and the sidwalks are snowy/icy, but I think hubby will be the primary pack mule as he is stronger than me and I will be recovering from passing an 8lb watermellon! LOL!

After hubby goes back to work, I will not have a car, as hubby and I share one ride--financially this sharing is a large reason why I am able to take 12 months leave if I want. So I will be walking every day--walking the dogs, walking to the grocery store, my friends houses, the park, downtown to window shop etc. Most of this walking will be on paved roads. I will also be taking the stroller in taxis or on the bus sometimes/maybe often depending on what I do with myself! It is reallt important to me that I can easily take the stoller indoors and outdoors easily.

We travel a fair bit by air or by car to visit relatives and friends, so having a stroller we can take with us would be a plus. Our car has a very spacious trunk, but it is a Corolla so no room for big honkin' strollers!

Maneuverability, lightweight, easy to carry, easy to travel in the widest variety of settings by myself... these are my primary concerns. I am not obsessed with having a basinet, I'm not sure how much use it will actually get so paying extra for it isn't high on my priority list.

I also want something that is very good quality and will last a while. And something that looks nice and stylish
2.gif

After thinking about this, I am really considering the Bugaboo Bee. It was lots of really cool features: reclines totally flat and has an accessory newborn baby cocoon that makes it good right from day 1, it has a snap and go feature for car seats, it is super lightweight (17lbs!), one step fold & one-hand carry. My only concern is that the wheels are smaller and so it may not be useful in the winter?? But we won't need a winter stroller much in the first year, and since it is much less expensive than the Frog, we could get an all-terrain stroller for winters next year IF we find we need it.

What do you think? We are going to check out the Bee this evening.

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
DD, I''ve read that you can lay the seat flat for newborns, but I''m not sure if this is true. I''d rather not put the car seat in the stroller, just for personal/aesthetic reasons, so it would be nice if I could still use it from the start. The cocoon is super adorable, of course! I''ve read reviews that suggest that the folding mechanism can be stiff out of the box but that it loosens up with use.

I actually like the smaller wheels, since we won''t be ''off-roading'' too much during the winter or summer. Plus, even though it snows quite a bit, the sidewalks are either cleared or so impacted with snow/ice that the surface remains relatively flat, albeit slippery.

There was a super adorable designer Maclaren at Babystyle (I forget the name), but I must admit, I''m a sucker for the Bee''s good looks. Arrrggh, I can tell that I''m trying to talk myself into spending more money than I should just because of my vanity!!

I might wait until after February to buy a stroller. Right now cribs and car seats are my main preoccupation....

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2008 12:14:07 PM
Okay, thinking about my lifestyle and exactly what I will be using the stroller for is a great idea. I hadn''t thought it through completely so making a list was a great idea.

I live in a medium sized city (200 000), and live in the urban part of the town. We have cold, snowy winters and hot humid summers. Yup, it sucks
20.gif
Anyhoo, baby will be born at the very end of winter/start of spring. Hubby is taking leave with my for the first 6 weeks, so I won''t really need to stroller by myself until mid-april when the weather gets better. We will be doing a lot of baby wearing with slings etc, especially in the beginning when it is winter and the sidwalks are snowy/icy, but I think hubby will be the primary pack mule as he is stronger than me and I will be recovering from passing an 8lb watermellon! LOL!

After hubby goes back to work, I will not have a car, as hubby and I share one ride--financially this sharing is a large reason why I am able to take 12 months leave if I want. So I will be walking every day--walking the dogs, walking to the grocery store, my friends houses, the park, downtown to window shop etc. Most of this walking will be on paved roads. I will also be taking the stroller in taxis or on the bus sometimes/maybe often depending on what I do with myself! It is reallt important to me that I can easily take the stoller indoors and outdoors easily.

We travel a fair bit by air or by car to visit relatives and friends, so having a stroller we can take with us would be a plus. Our car has a very spacious trunk, but it is a Corolla so no room for big honkin'' strollers!

Maneuverability, lightweight, easy to carry, easy to travel in the widest variety of settings by myself... these are my primary concerns. I am not obsessed with having a basinet, I''m not sure how much use it will actually get so paying extra for it isn''t high on my priority list.

I also want something that is very good quality and will last a while. And something that looks nice and stylish
2.gif

After thinking about this, I am really considering the Bugaboo Bee. It was lots of really cool features: reclines totally flat and has an accessory newborn baby cocoon that makes it good right from day 1, it has a snap and go feature for car seats, it is super lightweight (17lbs!), one step fold & one-hand carry. My only concern is that the wheels are smaller and so it may not be useful in the winter?? But we won''t need a winter stroller much in the first year, and since it is much less expensive than the Frog, we could get an all-terrain stroller for winters next year IF we find we need it.

What do you think? We are going to check out the Bee this evening.
In your case DD, I would seriously consider looking at the Uppa if you can manage to get that fold, with the I''coo coming in second. The full bugaboo would be last, but if you chose it I would also recommend the Cameleon over the frog.

Why?

The reason is this is your primary mode of transport since you do not have a car. So one of the biggest pluses in a stroller when you have to commute with it is basket size. I hear the uppa''s basket is better than the other two.

Also, if you have to take a cab, you will appreciate a one piece fold than the bug''s 2 piece fold. I can''t imagine taking it on the bus and having to hold the baby too.

Re: the bee...I didn''t comment on it because I haven''t looked at it closely, but from your post it may fit the bill for you if it has most of the features you will need. I would really check out the basket though...don''t underestimate how annoying it is not to have a good one.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2008 12:58:28 PM
DD, I''ve read that you can lay the seat flat for newborns, but I''m not sure if this is true. I''d rather not put the car seat in the stroller, just for personal/aesthetic reasons, so it would be nice if I could still use it from the start. The cocoon is super adorable, of course! I''ve read reviews that suggest that the folding mechanism can be stiff out of the box but that it loosens up with use.

I
Have you seen the way the car seat looks on the stroller Bee frame? It looks attractive to me, especially if you get an attractive car seat, like the Maxi Cosi.... just my 2c.

I am fairly certain you can lay t flat for a newborn since I saw a similar one and it looked totally do-able... I am going to see it tonight and I''ll let you know.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2008 1:15:34 PM

DD, I've read that you can lay the seat flat for newborns, but I'm not sure if this is true. I'd rather not put the car seat in the stroller, just for personal/aesthetic reasons, so it would be nice if I could still use it from the start. The cocoon is super adorable, of course! I've read reviews that suggest that the folding mechanism can be stiff out of the box but that it loosens up with use.

I
Have you seen the way the car seat looks on the stroller Bee frame? It looks attractive to me, especially if you get an attractive car seat, like the Maxi Cosi.... just my 2c.

I am fairly certain you can lay t flat for a newborn since I saw a similar one and it looked totally do-able... I am going to see it tonight and I'll let you know.
OK, I hate to be mean but this is probably the last thing you should be thinking about! How attractive the carseat looks when it's attached to a stroller frame?!
20.gif
Come on ladies, there are things that are way more important than this--functionality, maneuverability, price, needs, safety, etc. I'm sorry, I know I sound catty but I think this is a silly requirement. Nobody is going to care about how your kid looks in a stroller, seriously!! Nobody is going to judge you or be impressed/turned off by your baby's vehicle. It's not a fashion show, it's a means of transporting your child! But to each his own so please don't be offended. Just expressing my opinion as a BTDT mom. Once you actually have your baby, you'll realize that all of these things that you obsessed over will become so inconsequential!

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
curlygirl, I''m sorry, but it isn''t NECESSARY to put a carseat in a stroller. It''s a personal choice, often based on a parent''s desire to avoid disturbing the baby. I will not be driving a lot, so when we do drive, the carseat will remain in the car. When we travel by plane, it will be carried by either me or my husband. Neither of us like the way it looks, nor do we think that the benefits are THAT great considering our urban lifestyle.

If the Bee is functional, within our pricepoint (and it is, although it''s always nicer to spend LESS money), and stylish, then why not?

I don''t think it''s particularly helpful to criticize someone for caring about aesthetics. I believe in good design, which means functionality, affordability, quality of construction, and careful thought to how the darn thing looks. Just because I''m having a baby doesn''t mean I should sacrifice ALL of my taste. I don''t mind being covered in baby spit, and you can be sure I''m packing my cashmere sweaters away for everyday use, but there is nothing wrong with looking for perfectly good solutions that click better with our lifestyle.

Let''s not kid ourselves, if we could choose between something we think is attractive and something we think looks awful, and it is not absolutely necessary to choose the less attractive option, then chances are, we''ll choose whatever we think looks nicer. For me, a car seat snap ''n go isn''t necessary, so if I can buy a stroller that works from newborn up, sans car seat, then I don''t see a problem!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2008 1:15:20 PM
Author: TravelingGal
In your case DD, I would seriously consider looking at the Uppa if you can manage to get that fold, with the I''coo coming in second. The full bugaboo would be last, but if you chose it I would also recommend the Cameleon over the frog.

Why?

The reason is this is your primary mode of transport since you do not have a car. So one of the biggest pluses in a stroller when you have to commute with it is basket size. I hear the uppa''s basket is better than the other two.

Also, if you have to take a cab, you will appreciate a one piece fold than the bug''s 2 piece fold. I can''t imagine taking it on the bus and having to hold the baby too.

Re: the bee...I didn''t comment on it because I haven''t looked at it closely, but from your post it may fit the bill for you if it has most of the features you will need. I would really check out the basket though...don''t underestimate how annoying it is not to have a good one.
Thank you TGal! I really appreciate you taking to time to read everything I wrote and coming up with a helpful suggestion!

I think that you are spot-on. I really need to look at the Uppa again and see if it will work. I read a little more about the Bee, and many people seem to find that their kids outgrow it quickly and that would be lame for the $$. And I totall agree about the basket size. Other seem to find a way to close the dang thing (like Pave) so it must be possible
3.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2008 2:08:55 PM

Date: 9/3/2008 1:15:20 PM
Author: TravelingGal

Why?

Thank you TGal! I really appreciate you taking to time to read everything I wrote and coming up with a helpful suggestion!

I think that you are spot-on. I really need to look at the Uppa again and see if it will work. I read a little more about the Bee, and many people seem to find that their kids outgrow it quickly and that would be lame for the $$. And I totall agree about the basket size. Other seem to find a way to close the dang thing (like Pave) so it must be possible
3.gif
No problem! I''m stroller mad, as you probably know. Plus it is a big purchase and so daunting because there are SO many strollers out there, all just a titch different from the other!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
DD We sold our big bugaboo (long story, but bought one super cheap before we found out we were having twins) and I have to say that I cannot even FATHOM trying to take that beast on the bus. Quite frankly, I can't imagine taking any of the above mentioned strollers on the bus with the possible exception of the Bee. So if you are going to be taking the bus often, I would highly recommend at least checking out a Maclaren as a lightweight alternative...

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2008 1:31:13 PM

Date: 9/3/2008 1:15:34 PM

I

I am fairly certain you can lay t flat for a newborn since I saw a similar one and it looked totally do-able... I am going to see it tonight and I''ll let you know.
OK, I hate to be mean but this is probably the last thing you should be thinking about! How attractive the carseat looks when it''s attached to a stroller frame?!
20.gif
Come on ladies, there are things that are way more important than this--functionality, maneuverability, price, needs, safety, etc. I''m sorry, I know I sound catty but I think this is a silly requirement. Nobody is going to care about how your kid looks in a stroller, seriously!! Nobody is going to judge you or be impressed/turned off by your baby''s vehicle. It''s not a fashion show, it''s a means of transporting your child! But to each his own so please don''t be offended. Just expressing my opinion as a BTDT mom. Once you actually have your baby, you''ll realize that all of these things that you obsessed over will become so inconsequential!
Haha Curly...come on now...you know we were all into how things looked until we had the kid, and then we were like, WTF? This sucks! And went crazy practical. Hehehe. Even Tacori''s boon chair is just as much function as form!

Erica, I don''t think Curly was meaning to offend (hope you don''t mind me speaking for you Curly.) It''s just in your initial email you said "I''d rather not put the car seat in the stroller, just for personal/aesthetic reasons". I don''t know what your personal reasons are (my only guess is that it''s because you want to baby carry as much as possible), but aesthetic reasons ONLY is kind of a funny reason not to attach a carseat to a stroller.

Now, I said "ONLY" because I know kind of what you are talking about. I was choosing between a BOB carseat adapter and the snapandgo. Both were $50. But I didn''t like how overwhelming the BOB looked with the carseat attached to it. Of course, in the end, that was not the top reason I chose to buy the snapngo...it made more sense functionally to use a light weight stroller for on the go outtings!

I''ll guess what Curly is saying please don''t let aesthetics be on the top of the list driving your decisions. If you don''t mind waking the baby or exposing him/her to the elements for the few minutes it takes to transfer her to a stroller or carrier from the car, then of course, by all means the bee might work fine for you. There are a lot of people who don''t use a carseat/adaptor combo.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results