shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Pre-loved Treasure. VCA Ruban Ring

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know the saying your ring finds you? I’ve been looking for the perfect RHR for years now, one that I can wear daily, has enough bling factor but also actually flatters my hand and stubby fingers. And this lovely found its way into my life. I had observed it on other preloved sites a few years ago but the condition looked worse for wear and I didn’t understand it. But recently I can across one that I was near my size and had a recent certificate of authenticity. My heart pounded because I knew I had to press the buy button. Though I’d never tried or even seen it IRL, my gut told me I would regret not jumping on it.

When I opened the box, I thought “oh $h!t”. I was in trouble. I loved it. I don’t get that feeling often with jewelry. I felt it with my chalcedony and onyx five motifs but for all my other pieces there was always little “stuff” I had to get over.

If you have never seen VCA pave and polished gold IRL, I would highly recommend a viewing just for some eye candy. The sparkle of the diamonds and the polished surfaces is not to be believed.

I asked my SA about this design and she informed me that it predates her time at VCA which is about 15 years. This piece happens to be a recent recreation requested by a client. Otherwise there would be no way to obtain a pristine preloved 2022 piece.

Anyway enough babble. To the pics.
CB197D39-EA4D-4793-B9EB-7F6C12F23BCF.jpeg

Attachments

• 6AB28DEF-6BCA-4BB9-9537-698CB8F1BE8E.jpeg
    6AB28DEF-6BCA-4BB9-9537-698CB8F1BE8E.jpeg
    165.3 KB · Views: 216
  • 344A1FBE-C5CF-4D00-8CC9-40CCD848B035.jpeg
    344A1FBE-C5CF-4D00-8CC9-40CCD848B035.jpeg
    169.3 KB · Views: 213
  • 720C8B82-DBA6-4CB9-AAD2-44B35C1D0C25.jpeg
    720C8B82-DBA6-4CB9-AAD2-44B35C1D0C25.jpeg
    97.8 KB · Views: 215
  • 4BAE4514-2290-43DA-94F8-D2AA6D01FB77.jpeg
    4BAE4514-2290-43DA-94F8-D2AA6D01FB77.jpeg
    176.7 KB · Views: 210
  • CAD477F0-AD3E-4B81-B237-1A9E06509D5B.jpeg
    CAD477F0-AD3E-4B81-B237-1A9E06509D5B.jpeg
    176.9 KB · Views: 235
  • ED53E5B4-C27A-44F2-BEB7-050BFED2B4AE.jpeg
    ED53E5B4-C27A-44F2-BEB7-050BFED2B4AE.jpeg
    372.3 KB · Views: 238

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy moly! What a stunner!! :kiss2:

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh, @LLJsmom, I absolutely adore this!!! :love: It is such a gorgeous piece and it looks so at home on your hand, not to mention that it complements your other pieces perfectly! Just exquisite in every way!! And I totally understand the feeling you described, which just confirms that it was meant to be yours. Congratulations on this find, and thank you for sharing it with us!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Outrageously beautiful! Congrats on such a find!

cheers--Sharon

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Oh how gorgeous! Congrats!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, this is so stunning on you! :love: Congrats on finding your perfect RHR.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh it’s GORGEOUS! What fate!
Thank you @Muluver. Yes, I think it is fate. I've looked at this ring on Ann's (it may still be there) and it seemed too beat up to consider. Then it showed up practically new. I was very lucky.

Holy moly! What a stunner!! :kiss2:
Thank you @Ally T. Yes, I was exactly that, stunned when I saw it.

Awesome find!! Very cool from all angles!! Love that it is a bow, but not at all fussy.
Thank you @OdetteOdile. I know. So weird for a bow NOT to feel fussy. I don't know how VCA does it. I'm not a bow girl at all, but VCA converted me.

Oh my gosh, @LLJsmom, I absolutely adore this!!! :love: It is such a gorgeous piece and it looks so at home on your hand, not to mention that it complements your other pieces perfectly! Just exquisite in every way!! And I totally understand the feeling you described, which just confirms that it was meant to be yours. Congratulations on this find, and thank you for sharing it with us!!
Thank you @carbonfan. I love that you love it too. You know how great that feeling is. I've been looking for at least 3 years.

HI:

Outrageously beautiful! Congrats on such a find!

cheers--Sharon
Thank you @canuk-gal. It does feel like a find.

Oh how gorgeous! Congrats!
Thanks @Tonks ! Hope you are enjoying your VC beauties.

Wow, this is so stunning on you! :love: Congrats on finding your perfect RHR.
Thank you @Kim N. I am really excited to have a RHR that I want to wear each day.

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
How stunning. I love that it is offset on the finger when worn and that the shank doesn’t join on one side. Reminds me of the “string bow” tied on the finger to remind you of something important. What could be better than a beautiful string of diamonds. Beautiful!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful new ring, @LLJsmom ! So glad this fabulous VCA pave piece found it's way to you! :appl:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s a stunner and looks amazing on you!! Enjoy and congratulations on finding the one that you love!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I cannot stop looking at this magnificent ring. So beautifully designed/constructed/ensembled/curated. Quite simply wearable art. PS'ers are the best at what they do--and that is finding the most exquisite pieces. And you have very beautiful hands.

cheers--Sharon

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is funny, isn’t it? You had so many potential RHRs on your To Try list, and there was something not quite perfect about all of them but at the same time they all seemed quite promising if you could just see them all in person… And then you buy a ring with bows (whoa what!?) and pave (what, again!?)… And it turns out bows and pave is exactly what you needed all along :geek: :appl: :love:

Congratulations!!!! It’s so pretty on you. Lively and youthful. And what a fortuitous find, this piece, a new SO of an older design, in pristine condition :love: This all worked out so perfectly!! I can’t wait to see it!!!! ❤️

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is funny, isn’t it? You had so many potential RHRs on your To Try list, and there was something not quite perfect about all of them but at the same time they all seemed quite promising if you could just see them all in person… And then you buy a ring with bows (whoa what!?) and pave (what, again!?)… And it turns out bows and pave is exactly what you needed all along :geek: :appl: :love:

Congratulations!!!! It’s so pretty on you. Lively and youthful. And what a fortuitous find, this piece, a new SO of an older design, in pristine condition :love: This all worked out so perfectly!! I can’t wait to see it!!!! ❤️

+a billion: I can't believe someone would let it go!! But delighted it made it's way to a wonderful PS'er!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How stunning. I love that it is offset on the finger when worn and that the shank doesn’t join on one side. Reminds me of the “string bow” tied on the finger to remind you of something important. What could be better than a beautiful string of diamonds. Beautiful!
Thank you @Farleysmom. You know what, right after you said "string bow" I looked at this ring from a distance. And I get what you're saying. Oh my goodness. It's like a real bow, like when you tie it and one of the loops is at a weird angle and you cut one side of the ribbon shorter than the other. And it's on your finger, exactly to remind you. Wow...you're smart!! You got right into the heads of those VCA designers and figured it out. Wow! Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts.

What a wonderful new ring, @LLJsmom ! So glad this fabulous VCA pave piece found it's way to you! :appl:
Thank you @m-2-b. After discovering how amazing VCA pave is to look at, I think about how you must feel wearing your pave magic ring, and that awesome ideal scope pic you took. It must stun you every time.

It’s a stunner and looks amazing on you!! Enjoy and congratulations on finding the one that you love!!
Thank you @Slickk. I am really enjoying it.

HI:

I cannot stop looking at this magnificent ring. So beautifully designed/constructed/ensembled/curated. Quite simply wearable art. PS'ers are the best at what they do--and that is finding the most exquisite pieces. And you have very beautiful hands.

cheers--Sharon
Thank you Sharon. You are always so kind. :wavey:

Thank you @yssie !! I can't wait to show it to you!! So excited! Darn VCA for making stuff that is not me sooooo meeee. My wallet hurts but my heart is happy.

MiniMinerva

Shiny_Rock
@LLJsmom you are already one of my style icons and I love this new twist! This is bold yet feminine, intricate yet not too precious for everyday. The dimension would keep me mesmerized indefinitely, with perspective changes from shifting relative eye-hand position. And it’s form is SO flattering on your hand! I struggle with stubbiness (trust me, I have you beat by far) and these non-linear designs always catch my eye.

When I opened the box, I thought “oh $h!t”. I was in trouble. I loved it. I don’t get that feeling often with jewelry. I felt it with my chalcedony and onyx five motifs but for all my other pieces there was always little “stuff” I had to get over.

I relate so hard to this! The “stuff” never quite goes away, either. Cherish this joy — this piece was so meant to be for you. Thank you for sharing a sliver of it with us.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
*Exquisite!*

Ah! There just isn't anything else that can be said to describe how that looks, and how it looks like it feels on your hand, and what it must look like in Full Sparkle Mode...

You were certainly meant to have this ring. I am so happy for you that it found you... it is a bundle of artful joy!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Wow-I never thought a bow could look so chic! Congratulations on finding "the one" for your RHR.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful, beautiful ring - congratulations! The angle of the bow cuts the frilly feel of most bows and introduces the slightest whiff of art nouveau. Gorgeous, and oh-so-clever!

A beautiful ring for a beautiful woman - wear in good health always, @LLJsmom. :wavey:

ETA. And if you get 2, very similar versions of this post - my apologies! I think I accidentally deleted the first post so had to do it again. D'oh!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who knew that bows could be designed to look so COOL!?!? It's so unique and different, yet totally wearable. Truly a perfect RHR!! Congrats on acquiring your long-held dream!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom you are already one of my style icons and I love this new twist! This is bold yet feminine, intricate yet not too precious for everyday. The dimension would keep me mesmerized indefinitely, with perspective changes from shifting relative eye-hand position. And it’s form is SO flattering on your hand! I struggle with stubbiness (trust me, I have you beat by far) and these non-linear designs always catch my eye.

I relate so hard to this! The “stuff” never quite goes away, either. Cherish this joy — this piece was so meant to be for you. Thank you for sharing a sliver of it with us.
Thank you @MiniMinerva. You are very kind. And yeah, you totally get it, how it's bold but feminine, and totally non-linear. That's a good way to describe it. It's not symmetrical, and the view is different from different viewpoints. When I saw it online I definitely could not put my finger on why it appealed to me and I thought something was off in my head. Like what is wrong with me that I think I like this? Why do I keep going back to look at it. When I opened the box, I was just "wow, I really like this" and then it was a process of accepting that I did, do, and slowly to try to understand why. TBH, it still looks weird from certain angles, kinda like the breast cancer awareness ribbon. But I like it. Maybe cause I'm a little weird? Weird is as weird does?

*Exquisite!*

Ah! There just isn't anything else that can be said to describe how that looks, and how it looks like it feels on your hand, and what it must look like in Full Sparkle Mode...

You were certainly meant to have this ring. I am so happy for you that it found you... it is a bundle of artful joy!
Thank you @rainydaze. I wanted to figure out to how post a video cause this is ridiculous sparkle and fire. Like WTH. Love it. Artful Joy. Can I steal that?

Wow-I never thought a bow could look so chic! Congratulations on finding "the one" for your RHR.
Thank you @lulu_ma. Yes, you're so right. Chic is as good a one word description as any. I keep thinking "weird" in my head. Chic sounds so much better.

What a beautiful, beautiful ring - congratulations! The angle of the bow cuts the frilly feel of most bows and introduces the slightest whiff of art nouveau. Gorgeous, and oh-so-clever!

A beautiful ring for a beautiful woman - wear in good health always, @LLJsmom. :wavey:

ETA. And if you get 2, very similar versions of this post - my apologies! I think I accidentally deleted the first post so had to do it again. D'oh!
Thank you @mrs-b. You sure did nail it on the head. The angle of the bow cut, such a teeny-tiny seemingly insignificant detail, is everything. Thanks for sharing your observation. I could stare at this ring for a million years and would not have identified it. I know you're not a fan of branded but I am so glad you like it. And of course now that you mention it, it does have a kind of an art nouveau vibe. How do people like you do it? You look at piece and identify it's this or that, and I can't see it. Random thoughts...

Who knew that bows could be designed to look so COOL!?!? It's so unique and different, yet totally wearable. Truly a perfect RHR!! Congrats on acquiring your long-held dream!!
Thank you @KristyDarling. I know you've been listening to me lamenting about finding the right RHR. I've inspired me not to give up and not to settle. I think about how patient you are and keep reminding myself that patience is a virtue.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @MiniMinerva. You are very kind. And yeah, you totally get it, how it's bold but feminine, and totally non-linear. That's a good way to describe it. It's not symmetrical, and the view is different from different viewpoints. When I saw it online I definitely could not put my finger on why it appealed to me and I thought something was off in my head. Like what is wrong with me that I think I like this? Why do I keep going back to look at it. When I opened the box, I was just "wow, I really like this" and then it was a process of accepting that I did, do, and slowly to try to understand why. TBH, it still looks weird from certain angles, kinda like the breast cancer awareness ribbon. But I like it. Maybe cause I'm a little weird? Weird is as weird does?

Thank you @rainydaze. I wanted to figure out to how post a video cause this is ridiculous sparkle and fire. Like WTH. Love it. Artful Joy. Can I steal that?
Steal away! Your ring has earned it. =)2

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: Holy Cow THAT'S STUNNING!!!! What a find. It's so much more than a bow ring.. the way it wraps around your finger is truly art. Your eye just flows around the curves.. truly fluid.
It looks amazing on your hand too! Enjoy it!!!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
LOVE THIS! It is a beautiful!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's awesome!!! Congrats on finding your perfect one.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on JOTW my friend! :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results